Mini 14

Is the mini 14 worth the price? I'm interested in it for shooting coyotes and other pests, and I like them because they don't look like scary ghost guns and are less likely to be taken away soon

Attached: ruger-mini-14-ranch-rifle-1219613-1.jpg (300x300, 26K)

You can find them used for ~$400 in most pawn shops.

Buy a real ac556 those are worth the price.

If you can get it for under $500 yes. It will not be sub-moa but neither will an AR you are building for the same price point. It is good fun and the action is simple. Throw a barrel strut on it and a folding stock on it and you are good to go.
>also CA fags should really consider one, removable magazine with no other features

It's a fun rifle to have just make sure you get a post 580 model. Factory rear sights are shit so get a aftermarket sight.

Attached: Mini-14 Spotting Guide.jpg (736x2914, 431K)

Scary black rifles aren't going to be taken away, faggot.

Is the mini 14 STANAG compatible?

Lol

Do you want one? Then probably. If you just want results then dropping $800 on a mini is not going to get you the same results as 800 in an AR.

Basically this, $500 mini will beat out a $500 AR, but if mini's cost any more than that where you are I'd pass
lol

They work. Most will say the AR15 is better, and it is, but the Mini-14 is not bad. Magazines won't be as cheap, and a lot of aftermarket mags are terrible (some people find Tapco ones work fine, some find they don't), but mind it doesn't have nearly the same market presence as the AR15.

Don't buy those, those are old model Mini-14s and they commonly have poor inherent precision. It might shoot ok but I just wouldn't gamble on it.
Spend more on a later 581 serial prefix rifle and get a far better gun.

With match ammo and maybe some polishing on the trigger you could probably get like 2 MOA, which if you consider other rifles with the same 'Garand' style of action, is pretty good.

Attached: mini14with10rdmag.jpg (4320x1717, 1003K)

The ATI folding stock for it is not very good. First of all it needed some serious dehorning. The tight polymer stock makes the rifle a little more accurate but the threads that hold the plate in the stock have stripped so the screw spins in place, the nuts and bolts strip out easily on the picatinny rails. The collapsible stock does not lock in place as advertised, it wobbles in place. The grip is designed for ogre sized hands like that guy on /tv/ who lives in a basement and picked up the new Mad Max Fury Road. Also the front plate screw went right through the stock even though it was the right screw. Despite these problems, I used some locktite on the stock plate screws that spins in place, and put the bipod mount on it. It looks pretty cool but kinda bubba-ish. I wasn't able to try out the top picatinny scout rail because the screws and nuts stripped.

Attached: b.2.40.1210_right_gun.jpg (649x191, 15K)

Just get a sporterized AR-15

Attached: scr.jpg (3612x865, 359K)

Disgusting.

Don't lie.

Sexy af space cowboy gun

lewd

No, unless you significantly prefer non pistol grip rifles.
t. mini-14 owner.

You get a mini 14 because you want a mini 14, same way people still buy lever actions, not because it’s a better rifle.

Lever-actions offer something though:
>.30-30
>.357
>.44
>.45-70
There's some similar alternatives for semi-automatics, but none as cost effective.

On the off chance you're not being facetious, no they are not

I actually love this look for a space rancher larp

Depends on it's purpose. There's no way in fuck you can tell me my Marlin .444 is a worse brush rifle than an AR

Moreso the platform, a semi auto .444 would be even more effective.

>moreso the platform
While you're not wrong, the problem is that fine tuning carious cartridges to the AR platform design isn't as common as many would like.
That being said, there's a company who makes and AR that fires a rimless 45-70 and I hear it's the fucking shit, even though it's fucking expensive because they're the literal only people who make that round

Various*

>You get a mini 14 because you want a mini 14
100% this

Attached: 220A458B-280E-4843-B92B-FCEDA35ACB3F.jpg (2048x1536, 1.68M)

Former Ruger employee.-
Shop Harder. The '14 is "floppy".
Ruger's AR clone is worth a look, if you get it on sale.

Yes. Just not this one.

Attached: fudd'd.jpg (640x252, 30K)

Family has one at our ranch. I hear some of them are innaccurate but ours works great, accurate and easy to shoot. 30 round magazines are tricky to get in if you dont knowhow to do it, but other than that I love the rifle

This

Goddamnit ruger, bring back that stock