/meg/ Military Enlistment General

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253

Attached: 59286301b74af46e008b4a38-750-500.jpg (750x500, 126K)

question for Navy and AF officer fags. I am a cs student rn and if I wanted to go to OCS would I be able to get a slot reserved since I have special training for it already with my degree? or would it be competitive first come first serve like every other field?

Attached: 1537242006917.png (1508x892, 171K)

How long did your application take?

i think its called direct commission? idk though

>all those soft shoe profiles

Hey Jow Forums, I'm an active 11b with a couple years left on my contract and I'm thinking about what to do when I get out.
Ideally, I want to work for the NSF and/or work in Antarctica at least once. Practically I just want to work in some kind of STEM/research related field. I've been looking at programs in atmospheric science, meteorology, astronomy, and geology at various universities just to see what was out there. I wanted to take some online classes with TA while in but I've been in the field so often that I haven't really had the time.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Is there anything I can do from my current position to help me get where I want to be or should I just wait until I'm closer to my ETS date?

How much prep should one do for their ASVAB?
Is it mostly intuitive? Or are there hard skills that I'll need to learn before I arrive?

you've got to give it an edition name dude and link the previous thread.

i only made this thread because the last one died, nobody made a new one, and I had a question that needed to be answered lol

feel free to make a proper /meg/

No don't make a new one, this is fine that guy has autism.

gotcha

Attached: 378-3789365_post-apu-pepe-thumbs-up.jpg (820x627, 142K)

whats the best mos/branch for a dude who just wants 4 years to work on their bodybuilding career and slay whores? I wanted to try and go for army 11x op 40 but I dont wanna completely destroy my spine/legs and die

just be a pog, you'll have tons of time to hit the gym and you'll be able to dodge most field ops.

best pog jobs? I cant get a TS

42A, 92Y

Any help?

NOAA is what you're looking for, but I know absolutely no details other than that

ASVAB is easy as shit, as long as you're not actually a stupid person you'll be fine. I scored 99th percentile on basically everything, and never actually met anyone who topped my GT.

I've heard from a very reliable source that Combat Medic school is hard as shit but you'll be slaying poon like Kratos in AIT.

Also, bitches love medics.

I went in to my ASVAB blind and got a 93. There are practice tests you can take online but it's pretty basic shit. Look at some electrical and mechanics info, those tend to trip people up the most

which is cooler between 13F and 19D? or maybe help me understand the differences, if you dont mind.

so the army recruiter near me is saying the only minimum active duty terms are 3 years but i thought there was 2 year terms. is he lying or is there no 2 year terms i can do?

2 year contracts are a thing, but they don't come up as often and more importantly you won't get the full gi bill unless you serve at least 3 years.

dont give a shit about GI bill. just want to get out of where im at and get in shape and save money

I mean, you do you, but it's a useful thing to have even if you don't use it yourself. It's only another year anyway, by which time you'll probably be a SPC and sham 24/7 like everyone else.
But it's your choice.

graduate basic and enter 19K AIT on Monday, ama

Attached: JPEG_20190712_204816.jpg (4032x3024, 1.18M)

stupid boot

Do 3, just trust me. Pick a good job even if the enlistment is long, pick something that will make you money on the civilian side. I've been in for 7 and this shit is fucking great, it's easy and I've seen and done shit that I would've never had a chance to otherwise.

Get in and stay in until you have something lined up on the outside that's really good. Don't:
1. Buy a new car or one that costs more than $10,000 tops
2. Marry a woman who isn't a virgin

ever had to change track in the field?

From what I understand, 13F can be embedded with regular platoons and can coordinate the artillery from there and now they will do it from bradleys ans Humvees as well. 19D is a completely seperate deal and they are more "scout" type things. Now I havent been on top of my Army info recently because i went from full on enlisting into the Army and found a better fit for myself in the Air Force. Also 13f can grt an option 4 or 40, 19D does not. Imo 13f has the potential to be way "cooler" than Cav scout.

>would I be able to get a slot reserved since I have special training for it already with my degree?

Not in the air force; it doesn't matter what your degree and experience are in for usaf officer accessions, you make your wish list and upon selection afpc goes from top to bottom and assigns you the first job which is available which you have listed.

The army direct commissions cyber officers though, that is the route I would have gone had the program existed when I was looking to commission. With my experience I could have come in as a major or at least a senior capt... meh.

im not a dumbass, my life went to shit im 28. at one point in my life i was doing really well and had six figures and still refused to buy a new car and drove my piece of shit miata. not gonna marry any slags im over women fucked plenty.

No and I'm not looking forwards to it
Thx

i dunno “scout” could be very cool. does anyone know if cav scouts learn a lot of sneaking-type skills? speaking with a 13 series guy next week in person who i assume can cover those 13F questions very well. i wouldnt really be interested in op40 desu

Like i said earlier im no expert, but im sure the possibilities are endless so im sure some cav scouts out there have done some sneaky stuff. I would doubt very much now, most people doing boogaloo stuff are SOF.

fuck it ill just go 13f then. friend of mine whos infantry told me that a lot of the training is calling in call of duty killstreaks lmao. obviously i know thats not exactly true but im just tryna find a job where i can hang with the lads, shoot guns, and sometimes blow shit up

This, most jacked dudes I know were admin NCOs or sigs.

Infantry acts hardcore buts its mostly dad bods from living on IMPs in the field all the time.

When I was full blast Army I wanted 13F, it was the best of both worlds mix of infantry and doing something more technical(radio, artillery, electronics). But that is the main purpose of the FISTers that are with the infantry out there. Call in those needed strikes. But thats when I found the Air Force. They have their own things just like it, I chose CCT. I would never hate on the 13 foxes but I found the mission set and capabilities offered by the air force and cct fit me better and have the opportunity for a lot. Im not a CCT now just a dirty cone.

usaf would be cool but i dislike that i cant select my job and have it guaranteed to me. wish there was a loadmaster type job in the army cause id definitely do that. but my reading and watching youtube vids and what not leads me to believe 13F will be a fun time

That is absolutely right, the air force is dirty when it comes to jobs. BUT if the recruiter is... a decent human they will let you wait for what you want as long as you qualify. But CCT is Air Force Special Warfare. As long as you qualify and can pass the standards the job is anyones. And by job i mean a contract , still have to pass selection. Air Force is hurting for people in regards to Battlefield Airman careers.

i get sick on planes so no pilot job for me

god damn... imagine enlisting and then having some manlet alabama nigger yell at you for 13 weeks.
TOPPEST OF ALL KEKS!
Thank god I have an IQ over 80 and never enlisted.

based, redpilled, and kek

Kek, i understand. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit and keep us updated, without violating opsec like any good newfag. Im assuming its OSUT for 13f and probably in oklahoma like everything else artillery related.

Kek, i understand. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit and keep us updated, without violating opsec like any good newfag. Im assuming its OSUT for 13f and probably in oklahoma like everything else artillery related.

maybe ill become a tripfag
jk im not that gay, but yeah ill probably post a good bit. probably taking the asvab next week.

shut up fag at least i'm serving my nation
ur just a loser on Jow Forums, probably a NEET
fuck off kid

As long as you are not autistic, or were subject to common core you should do fine on that. And the more solid of a person you are and dont fail PT test, whichever version the army is on now, the opportunities will open up. But that is subject to the unit as well.

Attached: ArmyAsvab.jpg (1080x778, 296K)

>serving my nation
And what nation is that?

Attached: 1561216661055.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

68W gay or no?

Attached: 57c5985ac46188c75f8b469a.jpg (900x500, 51K)

yeah im good. my self testing scored myself above a 95% on the pft and i dont have autism. dont even watch anime. thanks for the convo mate

Its always good to talk to another user that isnt on here for anime, into traps or retarded. Lately its hard to find that.

just tryna find a fun job. its not too bad once you look past the anons who post clearly verifiably wrong information

Medic here, you don't want any of that snaggletoothed AIT female coochie

4 years in batt won't kill you(unless it does)

13F>eating diseased crack whore snatch>19D
Real life isn't like anime, "scout" is just a gay name they give them to make it sound less shitty

Only as gay as you make it
Serving in an aid station? 100% gay
On the line? Even gayer but it's the cool kinda gay

This is going to trigger a lot of people, but if you want useful advice you should head over to reddit. People being held accountable for the shit they say makes for an echo chamber that is filled with much less horseshit.

i hate ti admit it but i turned here for that specific original question because redditors apparently hate that question. every search result i found was just shitposting. almost at the point where i think the only good info i will ever get is from prior military family or friends

Retarded question but I'll ask it anyway

Can you wear non-OCP camo on deployment? Like, say hypothetically a boy was packing up all of his shit before he ships out and was sorting things to take with to AIT and thus his duty stations and included in that was a bunch of woodland, chocolate chip, and UCP stuff which would be really fucking sweet for when/if he gets sent to the sands of Arabia or down to some jungle etc.
I would assume not because it would make you harder to identify as a friendly but at the same time it would be so fucking rad to go fuck shit up in the desert decked out in choc chip. I could get more name patches and everything for the BDUs, hell even for the woodland M65

Attached: 1502669942928.jpg (1600x1067, 315K)

Am i worth something?

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-034953~2.png (1080x1928, 416K)

To society or the military?

Military

So does direct commissioning guarantee a spot? In other words if I apply for the Army as a Direct Commissioned Cyber officer, I either pass and get a spot as a cyber officer or I don't pass and I continue on as usual, no chance I'll get accepted but put in as a logistics officer or something. I'm referring to direct commission only, not a standard OCS application. I'm assuming it's even harder to get Into as well though?

Everyone being in the same uniform when deploying is mandatory, that means wearing ocps in the army and air force. There is never any ambiguity, you'll be told what to wear at any given moment whether in garrison or the field.

Yeah, kind of a retarded question but I guess if you've never served it may not seem like common sense.

>Retarded question

That checks.
You wear what you're told to wear, this isn't call of duty. You don't pick your load out.

Jinx, you owe me a rimjob.

I can't speak on it as I am not a soldier, sorry. Direct commissioning in the air force and navy means that you are applying for a specific job, if you aren't selected then you're done, you aren't offered an intel officer spot or something else instead - don't know if this is how the army is handling their program right now, they're the only branch that is direct commissioning technical jobs currently.

yeah you're good

Lel I’m at Benning right now too, as an airborne hold over. 11B though. You check out the national infantry museum yet? It’s some cool shit.

Ok thanks m8, much appreciated

what's the "joint legacy viewer"?

I mean I did say that I figured it would be no because of exactly what you said but I thought there might be some wiggle room because boys like Garand Daddy flex about having woodland pants and mag pouches etc so I wasn't certain.

It's alright, man. You asked a stupid question. Don't get upset.

>no one in IRC
I don't want to enlist I just want a Jow Forums IRC channel because fuck Discord

Attached: 1562710720631.jpg (1164x425, 118K)

No idea what you're talking about, but no, even seals have a mandatory uniform. You wouldn't be able to find someone to talk about the level you'd have to be at in order to wear whatever you wanted, that'd be at level of which only congressional committee members have any knowledge of.

>congressional committee members
?
Congress is lied to constantly.

They still have to be briefed on operations by law, whether what they're told is the truth is up for debate.

Anyway, you're right. user should go right to the source and make an appointment to talk to the CIA director about what he should do to be able to wear chocolate chips in the field.

>by law
Exactly. Illegal shit is the name of the game for dudes wearing/doing random shit.

I'm just saying, wouldn't reference them as the the guys in the know.

I don't understand, why do you type gingers so much?

artillery is fuckin cool lads
i might be autistic because this shit is fascinating to me

probably the coolest real word application of trigonometry

Is it reasonable that all I want to do with my life is be an infantryman until they kick me out?

yeah man, someone needs to stay in long enough to become a RSM

lads im out of high school and into the army
what do i expect? Future cadet here

Attached: 1560682217017.jpg (670x1192, 101K)

You ever been to prison? It's like that, except with weekends off and you shoot guns

cadets are officers in training
you'll be a recruit

Just do a bunch of clep exams until you switch to a less active unit where you can do online college. Fyi trident university is pretty good for online. They give you access to all the shit you need to turn in from day one, and for the exams you just need to complete it during the week they open it up.

Why do you think you cant get a TS? Unless you have continuous ties to certain countries, or political ties to other countries, you should be fine.

not him but what if I have shit in collections? can i even join?

I'm on SSI, not entirely sure they wont find out with a non clearance job yet either.

Pay your fucking bills and you'll be fine.
LOL you're gonna be in for a bad time off your meds in basic

He's a YouTuber, and can wear what he wants in his SERE to officer LARP videos.

In the Air Force, he's wearing OCP every fucking day.

How hard is it to get denied a TS clearance of you’re in the army?

Will the army waive a lot of shit?

bump

Would it be hard to have a shot at becoming an officer if I attend a college or uni overseas (Western Europe)?

Not yet, I'm on my family day right now actually. I'm going there later today with the senpai. What's it like?

Airborne Infantry. Dont be a pussy.

Attached: 20190713_094014.jpg (720x1280, 286K)

It’s very well put together. Lots of cool exhibits, some VR sim games to play, etc- but if you’re an armor hobbit you might get a little butthurt at how much the place jerks off grunts. I still recommend it though. You get in free if you show your CAC at the gate iirc. I might go again today with my wife to show her to be honest. It’s cool stuff.

Enjoy your family day pass, man! It’s really bittersweet, especially that last day cause you know you have to go back to training after. Don’t worry though, it’ll go by fast. I dunno how armor does it but we went right into our STX and FTX and did honor hill and all that basically immediately after family weekend, so we were working so much there wasn’t any time to be sad and homesick. You’re in the home stretch now homie.

Big brained response

they're just on light duty.
get a cold? light duty.
nosebleeds? light duty.
fell off an obstacle like a tard and fucked up mobility slightly? light duty.
it's more to both look retarded and easily identify the sick ones for anyone around than it is practical.
>asvab is easy as shit
>i did super well
you may have done well on the asvab but you are retarded at proving your point.
fucking AIT bitches is also 1 rung above whores.

depends on the person but generally you don't need much, if any, prep. nerds usually fuck up on the mechanical part. lots of people screw up on the section with spatial thinking, i don't remember what it's called.
if you're concerned then go flip through a study book in your library or book store and see if it seems hard. if it does, check it out or buy it.

you don't want to do 2 years. even if they offer 2 years, you don't want it. to get the most bang/buck on benefits you want 3 minimum.
do 3 or don't join at all imo.
though i can see you're retarded.
2 years of private money won't do shit for you. but you do you. however if the recruiter says there aren't 2 years available then there aren't 2 years available. get over it.

be mindful of the school(s) you want to enroll in after your service. look up their transfer requirements. if you can't reliably meet the requirements, namely X amount of credits (usually 12-24) for whatever school and program you're looking at, then DO NOT use TA.
This way you can enroll as a freshman which is heaps easier. Otherwise you'll get out and have to go build up credits using your GI bill and then transfer to the school you actually wanted to go to in the first place.
look up what CLEPs those schools accept as well and just focus on those. no reason to do bullshit cleps that the school doesn't accept.

oh also you can get free SAT and ACT tests (1 of each) using DANTES, so use that while you're in.
i recommend studying if it's been awhile. libraries on post usually have outdated study books but unless they're nearly 10 years old they're probably good enough.

From what I've seen, everyone on the intel and armed forces committees has been working in government long enough, longer than when they were in congress, to know that they need to have deniability for what the CIA and NSA need to do. IMO I think it is naive to say that agencies lie to congress and congress is ignorant to that, it is painfully obvious that aspect is by design.