Steyr Aug

Any anons have an AUG and want to share their experiences with them? Curious and tempted to purchase one.

Attached: 6EBB888D-5A9B-41C4-8E00-2A37BB4CF4AB.jpg (800x600, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Church_of_Christ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then buy one. Don't value the experiences of anonymous faggots on an anime image board, of all places, over the ones that you can have yourself.

Its a huge meme, worth it for the attention if thats your thing, otherwise its very unremarkable and a pain in the ass to get parts for.

Attached: 20180818_221926.jpg (1928x1172, 1.25M)

I simply wanted to gather personal experiences / feedback from others because my experience is limited seeing as how I have never even had the chance to hold one....

They're fuckin great

Attached: Pain compliance tools.jpg (3267x2293, 3.53M)

They good

Attached: BDA92975-69EA-498C-A745-4803FFEC675C.jpg (1620x1080, 394K)

Buy without regret, you fucking fag.

Attached: GIT GUD.jpg (2160x1838, 1.19M)

i like my aug. however i will say its one of those guns you have to try in person and see for yourself. some are turned off by the feels/controls. personally, i found the aug something i had to "grow into".

Do you have a GF tho

Just like guns, cars, and residences, I like to keep several gfs around. After all, variety is the spice of life.

I hope you're gay OP because only fags own bullpups

>posting on the chan
>faget

Attached: Yeah.jpg (495x350, 61K)

Don’t buy an AUG unless you’re comfortable stopping for coffee in tight bike shorts. If you’re bored with ARs, get into AKs.

Show me on the doll where the AUG touched you.

fucking love mine. wish it was as accurate as my AR, but that's the tradeoff for a quick-change barrel.

What advantage even is there to a quick-change barrel if you're not using it as an LMG? It's not like AR barrels can't be changed easily enough for replacement.

My wallet until I realized it was a gay meme. I’d rather go into battle with a PSA AR.

For most people, the biggest benefit they will see from the detachable barrel is that it makes cleaning really easy. Collectors may appreciate it because they can collect all the different barrel lengths.

As for Austria, they originally fielded a limited number with 24" bipod-equipped heavy barrels for use in the LMG role. The 42-round magazine makes this somewhat viable, though the barrels are scarce and expensive these days.

The aug was a glorious weapon invented before it's time.

There comes a time, user, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the basement becomes a prison, and all that is left is a user's love for his AUG.

Have you ever loaded the 42 rounders full? I just leave them at 40, don't really feel like trying to hulk slam those things to fit when the bolt is forward.

>the one time I don't believe user

I have an exotic dildo collection, user. Why would I want a GF?

...and we've found the poorfag.

The ergos are pretty much the best of any bullpup, features too. It's more of a curio than a top notch tool at this point, though.

The truth is that there really just isn't a lot of room for competitors to the AR and AK.

Bullpups in general are tryhard guns, like the kid in high school desperately seeking some way to competitively differentiate, so they start doing weird attention-grabbing shit like trying to bring berets back. It's not a practical choice, it's just something you're doing to be different. Does anyone really like reaching around to their armpit to load a magazine from a firing grip? Does anyone really like the assy trigger pull that comes with having a long transfer bar? No, they like having a gun nobody else has that looks kind of cool.

If that's you, an Aug's a great choice. Otherwise just buy an AR.

AUG with ACOG is peak rifle aesthetic, change my mind

I love it. I'd find a way to shoot one before you buy it though

Attached: ChrAUG.webm (800x480, 960K)

>the practical choice... only attention whores like augs... blah blah just buy an AR
Thanks for contributing nothing you retarded poorfag. If you are worried about practical choices when it comes to which gun you use to shoot at people in the boogaloo you are fucking stupid. Just admit you can't dime out more than $500 for a fucking gun.

Attached: maplesyrupforwafflemag.jpg (2048x1536, 2.47M)

>want aug
>be left handed
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 086019BB-7763-4F5B-91BD-5234140AEFDC.gif (220x165, 930K)

Buy left handed bolt, take ejection cover off of left side and put it on right side. Not as easy as newer ambi bullpups but not insurmountable, something you can do yourself with a field strip.

>If you are worried about practical choices when it comes to which gun you use to shoot at people in the boogaloo you are fucking stupid.
If you're not evaluating a gun based on its practicality, you're off the rails that every engineer who designs guns tries to stay on. Dummy.

Attached: ermagerd.jpg (414x386, 35K)

tfw cross-dominant so i just use my nondominant hand

Here's how boogaloo works. You have a gun, if you ever need to use it, you either A) cease to have a gun and a life, or B) have additional guns.

I was more put off with this sort of idea that the AR/AK are the only 'practical' guns. Practical in what regard? $300 right now? Prices fluctuate. ARs used to be relatively expensive, and AKs much cheaper. After the next fucking AWB, say goodbye to $300 ARs. All the faggots sitting on piles of unfinished lowers are going to dry up the supply of spare parts if they ever want to use their lowers for something other than a paper weight.

Probably the best and most successful bullpup rifle there is. Parts are a pain in the ass to get and if you’re looking for a utility/boogaloo weapon you would be infinitely better with any AR-15 for that reason alone. If you’re looking for a gun to blast paper, cans, or other range targets with then by all means go get one, they are still fun and look good with the proper scopes.
Don’t give him attention, it is what he wants. He is pretty much a 5.56 version of Armatard.

How many times have you replaced parts on your AUG? How often do you anticipate doing so in the 'boogaloo'? One is none, two is one, have a spare, call it a day. That applies to AUG, AR, whatever.

Going to get a green one with the 3x. Just need the money.
What's a good flashlight for em?

Seeing Sisterfucker's makes me want one. Someone was trying to get the F90 imported up here into Canada, but the horse brigade denied us so I guess I'm stuck with either a gun made by Jews that will get me made fun of on Jow Forums, or a MDR made by a bunch of child rapists if I ever want a decent bullpup. Not that the AUG is any good, it apparently has a shit trigger. I just have wanted one since I saw them with the tacticool rail system in the latest Alien movie.

Attached: 52865209_319774828722888_839893995388688537_n.jpg (1080x713, 258K)

Its been my service rifle for 5 years now. I don't really have any complaints except for the built in scope. Thing is shit IMO

Attached: 31438961077_4aede540f2_k.jpg (2048x1384, 1.45M)

So many poor fags saying the AUG is bad lol. go drink your nightly bottle of chew spit and fuck off

I dig mine. Compact, utterly reliable. Mags are superior to just about anything else, perhaps on par with AK 74 mags.

Corvus makes the rail you need for an ACOG, and trigger tamer is a must to get a 6-pound pull. You can also mod the hammer engagement a little to get around a 4-pound pull. Now this bitch shoots!

Attached: IMG_4116.jpg (2500x1404, 1.53M)

Every time I see this posted I want one. I really dig the color.

White is not for the feint of heart: I have to clean it with fucking soap and water after I purge a raccoon or target practice. Gets dirty very quickly. Tempted to get a second in green now.

Your a retarted man child

That exact model except with an ACOG is my service rifle. I like it but it is deffinitly a bit clunky, very confy to shoot and needs zero tools to break it down completely which is nice.

Don't wait user. Buy.
I am so fucking happy with mine.

Had to get the California compliant version - which means I had to buy 20" barrel and pin and weld a converter extending the rifle length to legal 30". With all that pain, I fucking love this gun.

I can swap out the barrel and make this an SBR in 10 seconds.
I have native and nato stock, and can swap the stock in about 30 sec. I keep stupid California fin grip installed on one. If SHTF I can have fully functioning SBR in under a minute. No tools necessary because parts are so easy to interchange.

Furthermore stayr-arms is just getting better. They are now selling barrels with US threading by default as an option. Tons of attachments and mods are available.

But forget all that.

The rifle is THE MOST ergonomic rifle I've ever held. Mag reload is a little slower than AR but this rifle is much shorter - which is a huge benefit in CC or vehicles.

Fuck I love my AUG. Those delicious waffle 42 round magazines... everything about it is excellent. The built in 3X optic is awesome - very clear glass. But you can swap the whole thing for short or long low rail and mount whatever.

Easy to clean.
Realiable as fuck and doesn't jam.
No flimsy springs and micro parts anywhere in its design - unlike AR15.

Get it.

When will you fags who have never touched one stop voicing your dumb opinions? Alright OP here is the truth. The AUG is a great gun. The balance and handling on them is literally one of the best in the business. They are extremely comfortable and easy to shoot and point. Their parts maintenance is easy as hell and everything is modular so if you fuck up one parts group you can reach it in seconds with no tools. Not another gun in the business comes close to the AUGs ease of swap. Seriously. Here's some downsides, in the age of the extremely overproduced AR they weigh in with a "hefty" price tag that many over state because they won't get the same use from the platform as a full scale military will. They by default come in 16" configs which is ok, but not great. The standard charging handle is trash that can actually hurt fags who don't learn how to handle the gun (rail bite is no joke with an AUG). The triggers (which are great these days, actually shoot one before you talk) are not as customizable and ARfags will tell about the lack of 30 different options, but the gun will still outshoot you. So all in all for $1600 you in many ways get what you pay for but Steyr cheaping on the extras (mags, no sights, by default except for scoped models) make the gun a big initial investment that scares away users. I loved mine but sold her because I couldn't stand the fact she sat in the safe (shoot my MP5s more and prefer them).

Attached: 20160625_140641-1.jpg (3264x1836, 2.4M)

I want a 1/7 twist barrel and I want it NOW

Not OP, but I've been looking into acquiring a Steyr AUG as well. I don't want the jew-gun Tavor, and I don't want the MIM MDR made by cultists. Going back to the AUG; I can't decide if I want a simple railed version so I can mount whatever scope that I want, or get the 1.5x/3x scope for Cold War aesthetics. Are the AUG barrels chrome-lined or nitrited?

Attached: Big Think.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

I've given the optic choice a lot of thought. Pick the 3x

i have no interest in them until i see that they can be suppressed well, which they can't

>which is a huge benefit in CC
I too conceal carry a rifle user

If I had to do it again I would have gotten the extended rail model. The 3x (and 1.5x) scopes are nifty looking and all but they have small optics, heavy for what they are, and the adjustments are plastic with no caps. I am seriously considering getting a Manticore Arms 30mm mount and just sticking my Steiner P4Xi 1-4x scope on it eventually. Its will probably be slightly heavier but the eye box, reticle, and red dot function more than make up for it.

Attached: AUGmented.jpg (1000x567, 331K)

But they can.
You just need to buy the Factory AUG suppressor gas plug from PJ.

Get the rail. If you want the old-school look, you can replace the rail with a Talon mount from Manticore that will still let you pick your own scope.

Steyr's railed scopes look like ass anyways.

Attached: a3_talon_2.jpg (1800x1350, 375K)

Why the 3x? Genuinely curious.
Thank you for the input. I am leaning towards the extended rail. And regarding your picture, how the hell does zeroing work with having that red dot on top of that Steyr scope?

Attached: Buzz Hmm.jpg (200x211, 7K)

>how the hell does zeroing work with having that red dot on top of that Steyr scope?

I put it on for shits and grins. I can hit paper at 50 yards with half-ass zero on it though. Honestly though, Steyr is price gouging the fuck out of all their AUG stuff so get the cheapest variant of the AUG that you can and replace shit with aftermarket stuff as needed.

What's wrong with the Steyr scopes?

I don't know anything about scopes. What's a good durable one?

You could start a whole thread on scopes. But just to throw out a few examples; Trijicon Accupoint/Accupower, Burris, Sig Sauer Tango 04/06, EoTech Vudu, and countless Vortex options.

> aug
> gay
now, you're incorrect. AUG owners are the people who own sex dungeons

if you've already got one or are prepared to build one, you can have an AUG
otherwise, fuck off we're full

The AUG is good.

Attached: 20190308_145723.jpg (3024x1470, 3.51M)

Of all the "trade offs" you mention the barrel

I think you're a poorfag LARPing as an AUG owner

>MIM MDR made by cultists.

wut

where the FUCK are green non-NATO stock extended rail augs in stock? WHERE?

mormon fundamentalists run desert tech

nowhere
email steyr on our behalf

nice ash clone

My point was that the quick-detach barrel has a direct effect on accuracy. There are a lot of other upsides to the AUG, but they weren't relevant to that specific point.

Desert Tech is owned and operated by members of the Kingston Clan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Church_of_Christ

just shoot cross eyed, not that hard dude.

small view port, better off with a corvus rail and an acog, either the 1.5x, or 4x models depending on how far you shoot. I find the 3x are just too big for what they are.

what can is that?

>still no corvus
>still bendyboi mount
You bring shame

Attached: ok.jpg (637x900, 251K)

Surefire RC2
who r u

START WORKING OUT YOUR SHOULDERS

So was John Moses Browning, who cares shlomo? Are you scared of their cohesive white communities?

mormons are heretics

fuck off back to Jow Forums

AUG is love
AUG is Life
Yes I know I need a better scope

Attached: My AUG.jpg (4608x3072, 2.46M)

Don't bullshit me nigga
Give your AUG what she deserves

Attached: 3 slings.jpg (2921x2576, 3.52M)

>Mormons
>cohesive
>white
lol

BUY AN AUG OP it is good

Attached: IMG_2764 - Copy.jpg (980x735, 331K)

I would if I could FIND ONE IN FUCKING STOCK

is the white stock worth it? I want AESTHETICS.

www.pjs-steyraug.com

call this guy

I did several days ago. Left a message. Still haven't heard back.

gunbroker.com