U agree with statistics?

78 % of US citizens own zero weapons
19 % own 50 % of all weapons
3 % own 50 % of the remaining

Attached: gUn.png (1280x1352, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/12/27/facts-about-guns-in-united-states/
theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/19/top-der-spiegel-journalist-resigns-over-fake-interviews
theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/21/sacked-der-spiegel-reporter-claas-relotius-returns-awards
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/01/der-spiegal-fabrication-scandal-global/579889/
theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/anti-americanism-drove-der-spiegel-fabrications/579307/
haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-der-spiegel-reporter-who-faked-his-stories-isn-t-the-real-problem-1.6787453
muse.jhu.edu/article/677232
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why is it in german?
how do we know this is accurate?
why does it matter to us what germans think?

>counting children to blackpill hasguns
Oy vey!

Where are the proofs?

is it self reported? yes? it's bullshit.

Most jewish post today

Attached: IMG_4592.png (331x132, 40K)

this, if someone cold calls me and asks if I have a gun I'll tell them to take a gun and shove it up their ass

Source is from Süddeutsche Zeitung a daily quality newspaper. I was unsure to believe statistics & asked here for opinions

Attached: marke stacheldraht.jpg (540x453, 34K)

III%

No step snek

As a euro you should know that the government is legally barred from keeping track of who buys what guns. Some states may keep track with permit laws but those are an extreme minority.

I find any source on US gun ownership and disbursement statistics to be very shaky.

The Süddeutsche? A quality newspaper? Neger what are you smoking? The only more leftleanining newspaper than the "Süddeutsche Beobachter" would be the fucking taz.

My American Friends, nothing to see here. Just some leftwing statist garbage newspaper running the usual "durr those silly amerikaners wiz there evil guns" bullcrap. Propably to further the current gungrabbing agenda of our positively stalinist government.

Attached: 1561263479828.png (497x576, 212K)

This. It's not like they have the systematic registration like we Europooristanis have.
And if this article conveys those numbers like it's a fact - as the writing in that info graphic implies - it's to be taken with a truck load of salt anyway.

>Just some leftwing statist garbage newspaper
It's more refined leftist propaganda than what is bandied about here in the US. That's disturbing, it means it's more likely to be heeded.
US leftist propaganda isnt a crafted statistic chart, it's sensationalized and hyperbolized to a cartoonish degree. To be fair alot of conservative propaganda here is the same, however, US leftists have outstripped everyone on the political spectrum when it comes to outrageous propaganda. Probably because leftist views come from feelings not thoughts, so they are eager to devour any lie that supports their view.

I will say that I had a college class last year and for whatever reason the gun ownership statistic was cited, but it was something like 33-43% of households had guns or something like that.

This statistic might be off because it's asking individuals.

I mean, maybe if you include children which is retarded to do.

My guess is maybe about 20% of adult women and 50% of adult men, maybe 80% of those being white.

I do believe that a sizable percentage of Americans do not own any guns at all, if only because big disarmed states such as California and New York exist. However it is not even close to 78% and likely not even a majority of the population.
That said, you also have to consider that 1. leftists barely count as people, so why should they be included in the statistics and 2. even those states have a fair amount of pro-gun people who I'm sure would love to figure among the nation's gun owners but can't.

Attached: 1530646871601.gif (350x200, 1.06M)

Psst, German bro, in a world where people feel they face negative consequences for saying they have a gun in the home, the current best way to estimate this figure is to use the suicide-by-gun rate, as it is relatively well corelated with gun ownership.

Ban gus and borders and shit

shit that's brilliant. So just over half of the US owns a gun by this method.

Are the just guessing? I’ve never seen or done a survey about gun ownership

the 78% is completely wrong, I bet they're using the GSS estimate and then multiplying their absurdly low estimate by the avg population in each household.

Better estimate is the gallup estimate, which averages to 50% of households. And if you plot each individual estimate? It looks like a bellcurve.

> not being the 3%

>tfw not a 3%er

Attached: damn im shit.jpg (500x591, 36K)

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics"

>Source is from Süddeutsche Zeitung a daily quality newspaper
oh nonononononononoHAHAHAHAHAHA
go watch some böhmermann

Attached: 5da.jpg (1000x1002, 170K)

those are rookie numbers

we need to pump those gun owner percentages up

based

I dont own any guns im just interested in firearm history and animetiddies

Its not even known to the US government FBI and ATF how many firearms are in circulation, and the US doesnt count some gun-like weapons as firearms (ie., black powder). The government has essentially given up on keeping track, only being able to estimate that theres around 400 million guns in the US, but they cant account for heirloom "grandpa's revolver/1911/marlin 336" guns and stripped recievers/poly80 frames. So i'd say a larger percentage of households own guns, maybe around a third.

The real question is how I make it to the 3%???

UOU GOTTA PUMP UP THOSE NUMBERS SON! ONLY 3 GUNS??? BEN FRANKLIN WOULD CALL YOU A REDCOAT CROWNLOVER AND THEN TEABAG YOU. GOOD GODDAM, I LOVE THIS COUNTRY DO MUCH ITS GIVING ME A WOODY RIGHT NOW.

fRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEdommmmm!

Protip: Every single gun ownership statistics is misleading, even the ones about Europe.

What the media are trying to do, is basically to downplay gun ownership as something that is rare, fringe and abnormal.

The meaning of that image is nothing more than: "Hey fellow anti-gunner, you are being held hostage by a tiny minority of gun nuts!!".

>22% (of what I'm assuming is gun owners, not just the population) owns 100% of all firearms
So what the fuck does with other 78% own if they're also gun owners?

This is the population of US citizens, not gun owners. Go back to elementary school you fucking retard.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/12/27/facts-about-guns-in-united-states/
Pew is saying 3 in 10 Americans claim gun ownership. Stating the obvious but that's 30%.

How about 13% of the population responsible for 50% of crime.

>we know this because we have a record of whom owns what gun

Bullshit stats

So that means the number is probably higher. I know for a damn fact if I was surveyed specifically as to whether or not I owned guns I'd lie, because I'm paranoid like that.

there are superowners with lots of guns, 50+, i know a couple.

What then constitutes a citable german newspaper? FAZ? Welt? Zeit? Spiegel? FR?

What's the difference between the 19% and the 3%? What do fatality statistics look like between these two groups? Are the fatalities related to gun ownership?

>78%
So Germans actually think people out themselves as firearm owners in random surveys. Good to know.

Your question will be forwarded to the Süddeutsche editor

Attached: shot_by_gun.jpg (1024x769, 66K)

These are false.

>quality newspaper
There literally never was such a thing, or at least one that lasted long, look up what yellow journalism is. Just because countries like Germany may not have the absolutely meme tier news and journalism the likes of the US and UK have doesn’t mean it isn’t also shit.
As I expected, though is South Germany particularly statist?
Also this, it is literally impossible to get a true estimate of gun owners solely because of how many of them are here, and that isn’t even touching black powder guns which is barely regulated if at all. The only true estimate you can make is “A lot more than you think”, even taking states like California and New York into account. It’s why so many of these news companies try to downplay it as much as possible, to make it seem like something abnormal even though there are more catalogued guns in the US than the amount of people living here, not to mention the large amount of people who for various reasons would be completely distrustful of some random people asking if they own guns.

Well most people are women/children so this is kind of rarted

>unsourced infographic in German
This is Jow Forums tier bullshit

Most people in general are fucking normies and don't take proactive steps to secure their future security, physically or otherwise. It's why most Americans are living pay check to pay check.

iirc the national average is 1 in 5, whereas the more freedom loving states are 1 in 3 or close to 1 in 2.

Complete bullshit. Are they counting children in those statistics or something?

>78% of US citizens own zero weapons
we gotta pump those numbers up

Attached: 1562989490437m.jpg (1024x683, 84K)

True , I would estimate about 40% of the US population has at least one gun or one gun in the household and there are a small group of people that own a museums worth of guns because they are rich and like collecting.

Most likely. And it's probably based on a phone survey, since official reporting literally doesn't exist
>*ring* *ring*
>Moshi moshi Jow Forumsommando desu
>Hi would you mind participating in a survey on gun ownership?
>I DONT HAVE ANY GUNS YOU FUCKING SPOOKS!
Yeah those are stats you can trust

Based and checked

Probably not far off

California has more guns in it than literally any other state. They’re just restricted to which ones those may be. Also upstate NY is absolutely riddled with No Comply gun owners. There are FAR more guns and individual gun owners in this country than anyone likely realizes.

Well, it depends. In germany we dont have anything like a bipartisan newspaper. Each and every one of those you named has a certain political allegiance or leaning. Though it has to be said most newspapers are almost "gleichgeschaltet" at the moment. It means they by and large always agree with the governments(merkels) stance, no matter how retarded. Examples for this include the still ongoing refugeecrisis, caused by angela merkels decision to open our borders and grant every fuckwit asylum. Most media is still hesitant to critisize the government for this, even after the cost of this has spiralled out of control and crime commited by foreigners has risen dramatically. This extends to gun control(in the rare cases it is talked about here), nuclear energy, environmentalism etc...
Also most reporting on things concerning the US consists mostly of blatant trump bashing or some sort of "look at ze amis wiz their silly guns and no healthcare and no education blablabla we are obyiously so much smarter" wankery. My american friends: please look up the "claas relotius" scandal and realize you cant expect objectice, just and even true reporting about your home country.

My recommendation for foreign readers and every German who want an objective reporting on whats happening in Germany would be the international Edition of the "Neue Züricher Zeitung (NZZ)". From Switzerland, has no allegiance to any german political party, well written without too many bullshit opinion pieces.Objective, because its swiss guys looking at the larger picture from abroad, without any particular vested interests. Choice newspaper for most gun nuts I know, conservatives and ultraliberals. Even recommended as impartial by the former chief of the Verfassungsschutz(who got fired for asking uncomfortable questions), germanys interior "spy agency".

Attached: tiresome.jpg (720x845, 62K)

>(Der) Spiegel
big scandal right now for one of their writers just straight making things up

theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/19/top-der-spiegel-journalist-resigns-over-fake-interviews
theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/21/sacked-der-spiegel-reporter-claas-relotius-returns-awards
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/01/der-spiegal-fabrication-scandal-global/579889/
theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/anti-americanism-drove-der-spiegel-fabrications/579307/
haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-der-spiegel-reporter-who-faked-his-stories-isn-t-the-real-problem-1.6787453

Okay, now publish the per-household stats, since that's the important number. Obviously a family group with a father, mother, 3 children and two inlaws are only going to report one or two people in the home as actual gun owners.

i think the 3% owning 50% of guns is the only true fact on there. look at us autists on here, i mean I only own 9 but thats because I’m still in college. most people I know either have 1-4 or over 10

Gun ownership is becoming more polarized. Very sad.

gun ownership rates in the US have been holding steady around 40-45 percent for the last two decades.

the self reported studies showing less than a third are generally not believable based on all of the available data. The people producing that data have the explicitly stated goal of making gun ownership look less common, to delegitimize it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 CPRC at Fox News Is gun ownership really down in America - Crime Prevention Re (536x652, 68K)

>because big disarmed states such as California
8 million gun owners is not “disarmed”. Infringed to hell and gone, but we still manage to hang on to our bang sticks. The DOJ also estimates that there’s another 1-2 million gun owners flying below the radar. That number doesn’t include the swarms of prohibited persons who have guns.

I feel like 7 is the tipping point. You start out with one, then three, then seven, then you think about getting a safe, then you fill the safe and out of nowhere you have a medium sized armory.

It went down hill fast after about 5 for me.

It's pure contrived horseshit, Hans. After Sandy Hook they did a phone poll to ask people if they had a firearm in the house, and even in that polarized fup duck environment 49% of them were dumb enough to say 'yes.'

Imagine caring about anywhere in Europe as much as Europeans do America

w-w-were not obsessed! You Americans are just backwards with your rights!

Attached: eurosreeee.jpg (364x852, 161K)

More guns, sure, but does it have more gun owners than anywhere else?
I believe gun control tends alienate those who are only casually interested in guns the most, people who only want to own one firearm for home or personal defense. These are the people who are most likely to not bother with all the red tape. Of course there are states where it's even worse, and you actually need a permit to acquire, registration, etc., and I think in these places even some people with a Jow Forumsommando-tier interest in firearms might be put off from owning guns. I'm not sure California is there yet.

I had a background check with the police and they had you list what guns you had. Since the DOJ can do that I listed a bunch of guns. My interviewer straight up asked "what do you need all those guns for?" Thankfully my experience in the department itself has shown that most of them do like guns.

that 3% probably represents ffl owners
gun dealers own a shit ton of guns, well, to deal them obviously
then you have boomer collectors, i know a few with a shit ton of guns, hell, one of them even has a 2 pounder cannon (black powder i think)
if you can afford this shit, then people will buy it, especially when people go into co-owning it
a lot of pilots do this stuff with planes, and the same could be had with expensive and rare guns

the age of boomer collectors has passed. most of them are selling their stashes. now the collectors are gen x and zoom-zooms.

before my unfortuante boating accident I owned 10 guns and I had only been collecting for a couple years. some people I know own 30+ guns.

I demand we fix the weapons gap.

Attached: Ashton.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

>Posting that autistic, laz-eyed thot
Go back to /ptg/

Thank you kind friend. I’ve been looking for a “good” german language newspaper to read for ages. Lurking /deutsch/ as an excuse to exercise german just rots my brain after a while.

Obviously a pro weapons gap Libertarian , cant argue my point so you lash out at the picture.

Attached: 2018-02-21 00.41.29.png (352x198, 96K)

Damn straight son.

I sing it loud and proud as part of the 3%

I think I lost track after 20...I need to clean both safes.

Attached: proxy[1].jpg (736x718, 60K)

Do they proclaim the virtue of letting in millions of violent worthless shitskins?

Data seems to have been extrapolated from the Harvard/Northeastern 2015 National Firearms Survey. muse.jhu.edu/article/677232

>worthless shitskins
You still want to fuck their women tho

Maybe if they’re cute but I don’t see what that has to do with anything especially since most of the ones let in are men.

>Maybe if they’re cute
If you are talking about Syrians, Syrian women are turbo qts.

Its peak nigger to fuck brown women but still being a racist

No it’s not, it just means I’m a normal man ie I want to fuck, I have a high sex drive.
I don’t want violent low iq shitskins living near me and wanting and doing are two different things.

>78 % of US citizens own zero weapons
This is some bull shit. People just tell the survey niggers to fuck off.

How do you expect to fuck brown qts if you wont let them in?

I mean, I don't like spics, but I am still glad they are here because spic girls are qt

Retard.

Does anyone else want to participate in one of these surveys and give wildly inflated answers to fuck with the results?

the real question is what percent of all guns does this man own like he seriously is fucking up all the statistics

Attached: bernstein-dragon-man.jpg (640x480, 119K)

Probably like .00125 percent

Horseshit.

Good lord, that's still an impressive statistic.

Don' believe anything coming out from germany, Merkel literally can't even fucking stand and germans say that its nothing. All and every media coming out of europe is bullshit leftist propaganda

*bullshit Jewish leftist propaganda*
Ftfy

Nigga that's still like 50 thousand guns.

Look at him,he is so happy,for when boogalloo starts he will be ready

Shit, I didn't notice the "zero" in the first line.
Still, kind of a weird way to word it, shouldn't be be "78% of Americans doesn't own a weapon?"

I have a relatively small store in a city of ~20,000 and have sold roughly 10,000 guns in the last 6 years. Just saiyan

take a hike, Jow Forums

Doing God’s work user

bull shit. more than 22% of Americans own a knife or car

Fuck Germans. They're subhumans that ruin everything with their tyrannical mindset of the world.