How to know if a stolen gun was used in a murder

Hypothetically if i got a gun in a illegal way (i did not its an hypothesis calm down glownig) how would i know if it was reported stolen the used to kill someone then sold to me (Hypothetically again ip not a criminal) what should i do ?

Attached: 1557371695141.png (485x860, 431K)

>i did not its an hypothesis calm down glownig
>Hypothetically again ip not a criminal
this is so fucking retarded, what the fuck do you expect? they're going to look into you now anyways. this place isn't anonymous.

and unless you know a corrupt cop who can check it for you, there's no way to find out for sure.

You obtain a bill of sale.
Doesn't really have to be legally binding, it's just something to prove that you were bamboozled and got it off someone else on X date.
So long as you havent used it illegally there's not much they can do to you except give it back to the original owner.

>Hurr durr the gubberment watchin muh Mongolian Throat-Singing forum all dah time!
>Dis a CIA niggeh! I know, oi vey!
>The government is all powerful and all knowing!
>They're WATCHING you. Right noW!
user. Not a single fuck is given about Jow Forums. No one cares. They don't even have the manpower to care. No one on Jow Forums has been arrested for posting on Jow Forums. He's asking a question that could've just as easily been Googled, yes, but stop sperging out and worshiping the god that you believe the government is.
>There's no way to find out for sure
This is pants on head absolutely fuck-nut retarded. Just phone the police. They'll happily tell you if the serial matches any databases they've got. It's really, really easy.

But you wouldn't know that because you're completely talking out of your ass, huh.

Shhhhhh no talkie until coffee :)

Attached: 533971AE-06D5-4E5A-8172-49D23BA7D431.png (565x765, 180K)

Ok so i just learned that the gun was in fact stolen and i had to give it away BUT i kept a screw

Attached: 1562946433533.jpg (499x444, 57K)

>>Hurr durr the gubberment watchin muh Mongolian Throat-Singing forum all dah time!
>>Dis a CIA niggeh! I know, oi vey!
>>The government is all powerful and all knowing!
>>They're WATCHING you. Right noW!
>user. Not a single fuck is given about Jow Forums. No one cares. They don't even have the manpower to care. No one on Jow Forums has been arrested for posting on Jow Forums. He's asking a question that could've just as easily been Googled, yes, but stop sperging out and worshiping the god that you believe the gov

Fucking summer schizo. Do you have any idea how many crimes, including murders, have been announced or told about on Jow Forums? You don't have to be a bootlicker to know that Jow Forums is monitored. It doesn't even take manpower, no idea where you get your weird ideas from. The government doesn't have to be allmighty to have one dude checking what's up on Jow Forums.

But thanks for your wall of weird text, sorry that I didn't read all of it.

>duuuuude, are you dense? no one is watching Jow Forums haha, just talk about whatever you want, they can't harm you

Nice try, Mr FBI.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

BOS's hold no value in court, and you cant site any cases where it does faggot

This. Any single one of us browsing this board recreationally is enough to find probably 90% of people who post anything worth the government's notice. If you have two of us in two different timezones, we'd catch them all. Not that I glow, but it's really easy to see how little could slip under the radar of manual human observation, and that's before you introduce algorithmic parsing.

Whats it fucking matter? Unless you use it on a crime and get caught with it, no one will know. Unless you get pulled over and let the cops search your car and the serial number comes back as stolen. Even then they have to prove you knew it was stolen

>Do you have any idea how many crimes, including murders, have been announced or told about on Jow Forums?
Name one that was prevented.

Follow up question, is there a statute of limitations, let’s say your cousin sold you one of your uncles old revolvers
>hey, great family piece to remember uncle by
Put it on a shelf for 10 years, later find out deadbeat cousin involved in shady shit, gat coulda been involved in a crime, but it’s 10 years down the road?

You know the rule. : )

Attached: egygoosehardcore.jpg (565x765, 34K)

>Call in the serial number
>It comes up hot
>Now you have a murder weapon in your hands and the cops have your number

Besides being a retard, given your situation (illegally acquired a weapon) your also probably a felon in possession. So now your facing at least 5 years for the weapon and hoping they don't try to pin the body on you.

>He thinks cops prevent crimes instead of following behind them

At least there's one person in here that isn't completely retarded. The government is incompetent. They can't even stop crimes when people call them directly and say "Hey, this guy is crazy and is about to kill someone, you should do something."

It's entirely on the police to insinuate that the weapon was used in a crime, which is incredibly difficult in the best of times and nearly impossible 10 years down the road. Generally at that point the cops in question will thank you for the tip and never ask about it again.
Generally speaking the situation goes like this :
>Purchase a firearm you're concerned might be stolen or used in a crime
>Contact the police and inquire after serial numbers of recently stolen firearms
>They confirm or deny you have a stolen firearm
>At that point you either hand it back for good boy points or go to the FFL or citizen that sold it to you and tell them and theyll handle the other legalities
>You may or may not be out of a firearm and money but you've technically done the right thing
Generally FFLs will cover your cost if it runs stolen. Generally private citizens who sell stolen weapons go to jail. Theres variations, obviously, but it's absolutely not a crime to purchase a weapon used in a crime (police gun auctions are a thing, retards) or a stolen firearm. Generally they just want to keep it as evidence. Just keep in mind that the Leo's in question WILL NOT REFUND YOUR PURCHASE.
Its shocking how powerful Jow Forums thinks the government is.

Thanks user, will remember for future needs.

Yeah man no worries.
Just remember that literally no one will know unless you're using the gun in a crime or use it in a self defense case. If you're just taking it to the range and shit, theyll literally never know, and you never have to find out.
If it's a defense gun, I'd recommend at least checking out recently stolen serials, but even then they cant blame you for unknowingly purchasing a stolen firearm so long as you can prove your unknowing.

Please stop trying to force this unfunny goose meme

geese are funny tho

geese are really funny though

>implying there haven't been 15 fulltime FBI agents browsing pedo central since 2007