Are micro compact pistols a reliable option to carry, or are they basically like having no gun at all...

Are micro compact pistols a reliable option to carry, or are they basically like having no gun at all? I'm reluctant to trust 7 rounds out of a very short barrel to do the same as a good double stack, 12 round+ compact.

Attached: images (1).jpg (237x213, 11K)

well it serves a different purpose. The pocket pistol is well hidden. When trouble starts it comes out of the pocket with safety off and one in the chamber before your attacker even knows you’re armed

>or are they basically like having no gun at all

Are you stupid ? It's a gun. It's short, compact, but still it's a gun. You won't engage a target very far with it but it's not their goal. A bullet is still a bullet.

>but still it's a gun
So you're saying I should carry a stinger pen gun because "it's still a gun"? What's the point if it doesn't stop the threat?

>7 rounds
Granted it's not going to save you from a mob of people, but there's virtually no chance you'll ever be in that situation.
>out of a very short barrel
The velocity differences between a 3" and 4" barrel for most handgun rounds is completely negligible.
>are they basically like having no gun at all?
Well no, it's nothing like that.

not him, but if the alternative is no gun then yes.

Then carry a full sized .44 mag revolver.
At a certain point you'll just have to accept and understand a guns, and your own limits, especially when they're applied in an emergency.
Use what you prefer overall.

Damn son how long did you eat paint chips before someone told you to stop? There's a world of difference between a single round of .22 and 6-9 rounds of 9mm. You can end 3 people with the latter, if you are a good shot. The point of a pocket gun like the LC9s or G43 is to have a gun you can deeply conceal but still rock enough firepower to get a couple guys off you or put them on the ground.

Attached: 1562186084503.jpg (542x542, 25K)

There is a lot of engineering that goes into developing a micro pistol. They work pretty consistently at the range, with a perfect grip, but they struggle to function when the chips are down and grip isn't perfect.
If you want tiny, you're better off with a snubby revolver.

A knife would be better than a single shot gun that's takes 5 full seconds to set up

>is having a gun like having no gun at all?

>but there's virtually no chance you'll ever be in that situation.
This. Even if somehow you have a group attacking you most criminals run for the hills as soon as they are fired upon.

>most criminals run for the hills as soon as they are fired upon
Criminals aren't criminals because they're fond of the harder option. Contrary to what Jow Forums believes in its favorite self-insert shooting fantasy, it's really fucking hard to hear a bullet snap past your head and move into the direction of fire. A thief sure as shit doesn't want to die for whatever he's trying to take from you.

People for a long time managed with .38 spl 5-6 round snub noses OP, and .38 spl is like a hot and spicy .380. You're mathematically going to be fine with a 9mm sub. If you arent comfortable with that, then try bigger, but its up to you if you want to sacrifice that extra concealment and comfort factor.

Hell, there was a guy in NYC who was mugged on a subway by i think 4 guys and he fended them off with a revolver and no reload. Generally criminals flee the second a gun gets involved, cuz you just swung the math from "financial benefit" to "oh God Im going to die"

Yeah dog, carry an ak pistol with a drum
Fuck it

Don't the vast majority of shootings end in like 3 rounds or less? If you're planning on fighting the whole projects yeah shove your 30 round machine pistol in your pocket, otherwise yeah a compact pistol will be fine.

the barrel and the round counts are least of the problems with pocket subcompacts. you're still carrying something that is +2 rounds over a snub with better ammo and a longer barrel.

I typically tend to carry one that's small enough to fit in the palm of my hand a lot of the time. If you drop down from a 38cal projectile to something a bit smaller I tend to get 11 rounds in it while being able to get my pinky on the extension and still fits in my pocket.
Is it as good as no gun at all? It sort of feels like it compared to a larger typical concealed pistol but then after carrying the thing around for a while, no it doesn't feel the same as no gun at all having no gun at all feels bad man like really bad I'm so use to having one all the time either a micro or larger that it feels weird as shit not carrying one at all.

>I'm reluctant to trust 7 rounds out of a very short barrel to do the same as a good double stack, 12 round+ compact.
I would think this obvious, but micropistol is for true concealment, not knockdown power or capacity. Of course your glock 19 with 30 rnd mag would do more damage.

Attached: F65CEAF8-A323-42D4-989D-800A4445ABE0.png (500x719, 176K)

>7 rounds
bruh

Attached: BE4A7B1B-57B4-44E9-A919-6F758E0D0739.jpg (800x1067, 281K)

>sig

Oh, they are cute, like sisters or something.

Attached: E1E26282-5ED8-4D33-B07E-EF53D4A91ACA.png (480x447, 277K)

They'll back off if youve got any sort of weapon
t.been in that situation

>all sigs are bad because of one fault in a new gun they made

>they renamed a street .2 miles from where I live MLK jr blvd
>started building apartments and cube storage on/near it
They're literally building the ghetto around me, its ridiculous

>noguns

If you're getting mugged by someone who's within arms reach and you cant put 3 rounds into them and save some for their friends, just don't even fucking own a gun dude whats the point

“Gun store, gun store, liquor store, gun store” ...... mmmm hi point paradise.

add some tattoo parlors and you've got yourself a military city stripmall.

>they struggle to function when the chips are down and grip isn't perfect
Why do fudds make up weird shit like this to try shitting on automatics?

I would take a .22 plinking revolver over nothing. I carry an EC9S when ever I wear gym shorts. 7 rounds of 9mm ready to go the instant something goes off. I won’t be taking shots further that 20 feet, but it’s way better than nothing at all

In the vast majority of self defense cases the carrier fired fewer than 4 shots, and most of the time the attacker was not killed or incapacitated. Seven shots of .380 will suffice for most self defense situations. Sure, there are times when a more substantial pistol would be better or required, but it's certainly not "like having no gun at all."

That’s a stupid response. Stop watching police activity videos. Cops go to places where strung out mother fuckers are at. You will more than likely run into some street thug who would cry after getting hit by a paintball.

Okay it's not as bad as it sounds. Honestly I've lived in an area like that my entire life and the crime rate or at least gun crime like armed robbery and murders have gone down significantly since we started getting more gun stores around. Sure we had a serial rapist recently, but they caught the guy and who doesn't have a prolific town rapist?

why not carry both?

I carried a snub for a long time but most criminals come in groups. I didnt trust 5 rounds for this even though I was pretty good with it. I dont carry anything less than a glock 19 anymore and I keep a 33 round reload on me too.

Subway guy was Bernie goetz. He shot all of them once, and then shot one of them again.
He still got charged because NYC. Only got convicted of possession of a handgun or whatever, but still BS.
Better than giving some group of nogs your wallet.

>but there's virtually no chance you'll ever be in that situation.
There's virtually no chance you'll need to draw your ccw.

>are they basically like having no gun at all?
You can carry a micro compact wearing pretty much anything. If 7 rounds of .380 isn't enough to take out your target or retreat, 10-13 rounds of 9mm probably wouldn't either.

>good double stack, 12 round+ compact.
Then carry a USP-C, they're one of the best guns you could have on your hip.

>have a micro compact gun
>it shoots 9mm

are you saying all micro compact guns dont stop the threat?

a small gun in your pocket is a million times better than none at all
a single shot flint lock is still better than trying to fend off your attackers than a fist

the one case where a micro pistol wont do its job as well as a normal sized one is fighting multiple attackers, but even in that case a micro pistol is still better than nothing

>they struggle to function when the chips are down and grip isn't perfect.
Have sauce on a study for this or are you just another larping, arrogant faggot?
The gun is struggling to function because of a situation? Stay out of the crayon box.

P229 -> p2000sk -> p238. I had to downsize twice to be happy carrying every day, everywhere I go. Now my carry piece is thin enough to pocket carry, small, extremely light... holding it in my hands it almost feels like a toy because of the size. But I prefer it to the HK, and really prefer it over that heavy ass metal frame Sig. Which, mind you, is classified as a "compact".

Attached: 20190713_102536.jpg (1024x768, 645K)

Oh yeah, not to mention I used to carry the 229 + spare mag, to HK + spare mag, to HK with no spare, and now P238 with no spare.

So imagine going from 25 to 7 rounds as my edc over a few years.

Are you saying 7 rounds is acceptable?

on a tangent, the "MLK" street in vegas is Martin Luther King Boulevard. like, they just forgot the whole junior part.

maybe they just wanted to save a few syllables every time someone had to reference it in a police report

oh i dont blame them, its just that every other big city properly named the street. a bit humorous

Attached: dodger dog.jpg (856x486, 164K)

Do you expect 6 to not fire?

Do you expect to do anything with 7 you can't do with 6? Or 5?

>Buying your guns in shit brown

Attached: 1562946331451.jpg (570x640, 37K)

At a gig right now, .380 is kilt concealable.

Attached: 0CC2609D-F463-4B84-9434-41F7B50D0676.jpg (1090x2334, 491K)

i have tried to induce a failure to feed by limp wristing or one finger gripping my LCP custom, but it has never had a problem. use better ammo maybe?

>>they renamed a street .2 miles from where I live MLK jr blvd
Time to move

You're right bro, anything less than a .50 BMG is way too small for going to the store

I used to think this was true until I shot a few modern pocket pistols

I carry one every day, and no, it isn't as good as a double stack full sized pistol. It's still good though and vastly easier to conceal and comfortable to carry. I'm not really supposed to carry at work, so for my own safety I carry a subcompact in a pocket. Never been spotted and have been doing it for years. If concealment isn't a priority for you then yes, get a bigger gun to carry, but a SC is still a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Subcompact is larger than micro compact

Okay fine, I carry either a bodyguard 380 or a ppk depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing. I don't know what to classify them as, but given that the BG is about the same size as op pic related I think it fits the question. The ppk is bigger, so maybe it doesn't qualify.

guess they named it after his daddy

I already wanted this to be the last 13mo lease that I signed, this is just more reason to move by next august

>renting

No amount of training could make me comfortable with carrying a baby single stack. If you're the type that just shoots paper at 7 yards, yeah sure you'll think it's fine. I want to be ready for something serious like a mass shooter or sudden chimp out. I carry an FNS9c which gives me similar capacity and accuracy to a full size while still being small enough to conceal well. Go for compacts, subcompacts are for casuals who would only ever use it shooting someone near point blank in a parking spot dispute.

>ohoho everything is as easy as I think it is from my parents basement
Fuck off

oh boy we got ourselves a sheep dog over here

>I want to be ready for something serious like a mass shooter or sudden chimp out
Considering mass shootings are so damn common these days, I can relate. A 2075 Rami is 14+1 with the extended mag, and is likely the best subcompact option on the market due to the capacity upgrade that's offered with it over similarly sized guns.

6-7+1 out of a .380 pistol is a joke in comparison. It'll still drop someome, but what happens if you do get caught in a mass shooting situation? I know they're statistically rare, but so is needing to draw a weapon period. Plus, criminals often travel in groups.

10+1 or more, anything less and you're getting into territory where you're dangerously outgunned by literally anyone with a gun. Especially with .380.

They're harder to shoot, more of a belly gun. Obviously a bigger gun is better in every measure in terms of usability, but subcompact and pocket guns are better than nothing. Anything bigger and you need pants, a belt, and holster. Pocket guns are pretty ideal for something like walking out the check the mail, or taking out the trash. If some dude gets in your face, or a dog attacks you, you can have a little pistol in your basketball shorts. They're also ideal for deep concealment. Personally I'm enough to gear up, so I sold my pocket guns, but I still have a G26 for when I'm (very rarely) concerned about printing.

>subcompacts are for casuals

LMAO

Wouldn't matter what you carried, you would still buckle under pressure in any shooting situation.

Samefaggot lol

I'm not going to carry a compact with my running shorts, but I will carry a little 380.... So it has a place

micro gun = micro penis

thats why my only carry option is a standard single stacked 1911 cause i ain't no bitch

I have actually tried, on purpose, to limp wrist my P238 and was unable to cause a failure. I fired it one handed with as weak a grip as I could and still couldn't cause one.

>he doesn’t ccw a 9lb cannon lol

Attached: 26FD91EA-32AA-443D-877F-C037C777C83D.jpg (2736x1824, 2.9M)

1911 type pistols aren't susceptible to limp wristing by design. You'd literally have to design it specifically wrong to let it happen. That's why fudds love them.

Aww, could little baby user not come up with a valid retort, so he resorts to insinuating two people on an anonymous image board are the same person to validate his poor choices?

>10+1 or more, anything less and you're getting into territory where you're dangerously outgunned by literally anyone with a gun. Especially with .380.
This this this so much this. Consider if you do get in a shootout with a criminal. You are fucked if you aren't prepared. Being out gunned can be deadly. Now consider 2 attackers. If you are ballsy enough even to draw what do you think happens next? You scare them? Small baby pistols aren't enough to reliably incapacitate 2 men. Maybe not even 1 with many shots hitting. Imagine if they panic and shoot back if downed or cornered.

I'm a cop you idiot.

I'm a cop you idiot.

>micro gun = micro penis
Is this how truck cucks think? Nobody thinks you have a big dick because you drive a diesel school bus around to pick up groceries.

Nah

You have to take into account what you can reasonably carry and what you're willing to compromise on. I'd love to carry a duty size 9mm on me at all times, but that's just not possible when I have to wear a tucked-in shirt, and other people's body shapes and sizes wouldn't allow that sort of carry without a complete wardrobe change.
Mass shootings, while more common, are still relatively uncommon. Also, the point of a carry gun for a civilian isn't necessarily to kill or incapacitate someone. Its job is to end the conflict, and a lot of the time that means the guys running away. Most of these dirtbags aren't looking to get into a gunfight, so as soon as they even see that someone is armed, many will flee or surrender. There was even a study that showed that, as long as the handgun owner was able to get off at least one shot, they were almost certain to end the conflict regardless of caliber. So sure, it's nice to have a high capacity 9mm on hand, but having a subcompact .380 will get you out of the majority of self defense situations alive.

>so damn common
They really aren’t

Thats been similar to my edc evolution.
>1911, my first love. Full size, 45 oz loaded. Carried it for 2 weeks then broke down and went to the dark side
>g19, great gun, still a bit heavy
>g26, excellent carry gun and very shootable. Started a new job and tried to pocket it. That lasted 1 day.
>lcr, best carry gun, kinda sucks to shoot but carrying it is a breeze.
The honeymoon phase of ccw ends after a few months. You've carried your duty sized blaster and you feel like you could conquer any bad guy situation. Then you begin to notice how annoying it is to carry a 2lb chunk of steel on your person. At that point the edc gets smaller and smaller.

>i wanna fight a rifle wielding maniac with my dinky 9mm
Good luck, faggot

Not absolute, my progression/regression
>Makarov
>C-100
>G17
>G19
>USP full-size
This is despite owning, and sporadically carrying G42, G26 and P938.

Any gun, to include a 22lr smooth bore derringer, is better than no gun. Nobody is going to argue that, here.

A micro compact, pocket pistol, whatever you want to call it, is basically a standoff weapon. The short sight radius and typically poor grip, more than the short barrel, makes for poor accuracy out much past 7m. Single stack mags of 380, maybe 9mm if you're lucky, out of 3 inch barrels... you're not getting a lot of work done with that.

These are the guns that I want to see average citizens who can get on paper at 7m carrying. I'd rather pay the cost to tote a double stack 9mm that can share mags with my duty pistol and pcc.

>Granted it's not going to save you from a mob of people, but there's virtually no chance you'll ever be in that situation.
There's virtually no chance you're ever going to use your gun in anger, at all. So? You've already invested the effort in training, equipment, and lugging around a heavy hunk of metal. Why not invest ever so slightly more and extend your capabilities significantly, whenever possible?
>The velocity differences between a 3" and 4" barrel for most handgun rounds is completely negligible.
False, when we're talking about 9mm JHPs that can already have issues with expansion and are designed to the limits of performance to win stat battles, it matters quite a bit actually.
>Well no, it's nothing like that.
True.

This is the most level headed assessment. Don't do stupid things, hang out with stupid people or go to stupid places and life should be pretty smooth. Rarely, and I mean very rarely, shit goes totally pear shaped and simply having your wits about you increases your chances of survival dramatically. Add a little.38 and some training and I'd imagine you can get out of the vast majority of bad situations unharmed.

>i wanna fight a rifle wielding maniac with my dinky .380
Good luck. Why even carry a gun?

>parking spot dispute.

Always requires no less then a Desert Eagle.

You mean AK pistol

>tfw the MLK jr boulevard in Anchorage only has parks, state dot garages, and federal buildings on it, with the city PD headquarters on one end of it.
>it turns into another road after less than a mile and a half.
They did it right in AK.

>nigger ghetto vs fed haven
Pick your poison

His name is Detective John Kimble and he doesn't have a brain tumor

>muh stopping power meme
Let someone shoot you with a micro compact 3" semi-auto pistol, if you think they're so ineffective.

3" revolves are excellent self-defense weapons, the only reasons a 3" semi-auto would be less effective is if you're using shit ammo. A dud is a dud, but the fix for a dud in a revolver is pulling the trigger again, the fix for a semi-auto is using the slide to eject the dud, feed another round, and then aim and pull the trigger again.

feds are a lot less likely to just randomly kill you in order to take your wallet

Is the DPP a worthwhile investment for a M17? Debating whether I want to spend 130 for an upgraded trigger or go full tacticool and spend 400 on the proper sight. Sucks that a 600 dollar gun is so shit out of the box.

No, rmr or bust

Does that even fit on the M17? AFAIK the M17 is cut only for the DPP. Going with the trigger upgrade anyways, 8lb trigger pull is fucking garbage.

Yeah, they just 'get the address wrong' and send a swat team to your house to shoot you and your dog because they get much more through civil forfeiture that way