50 BMG

How many Jow Forumsommandos have received the great honor of firing the firing the big one?

Attached: 3656044-.seras (3).png (1151x899, 1.92M)

I jerked off this morning if that counts

He said Big One not 22lr

t. 2mm Kolibri

>

Attached: 102EE053-417C-4562-A65B-6DC0EAD0FF81.jpg (276x186, 15K)

i haven't fired it but i own a safety harbor .50 and a few hundred rounds.

I've fired the M2 a few times in the army and once a BMG rifle i can't remember who made at the range once. Shooting the M2 is more like driving a car than than shooting, you're adjusting the tripod and listening to your spotter, it's not as enjoyable an experience in my opinion as shooting a really nice revolver.

i served in the Serbian military and got to fire the M92 Crna Strela (Black Arrow) it is a piece of junk

About a hundred-and-a-half rounds as a fingol conscript.
Well, technically the NSV fires an even larger cartridge (12.7×108mm) than .50 BMG (12.7×99mm).

Attached: Machine_gun_NSVT.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

loser

Elaborate.

Never had the opportunity as there's not enough outdoor ranges in my state for people with enough money to have a BMG to care about. I've shot .50 Beowulf and .500 Mag though. Almost broke my hand firing the magnum because I thought I could easily fire it one handed because "pfft what's the worst that could happen? I've shot hot 10mm and .357's one handed"

.50 Beowulf has some stupid drop off on it though. Like a foot of drop at 100 yards or something nuts.

Even a tictac hurts if it hits you at 1,200 fps

Yes I expended lots of .50 in the army, mounted, dismounted, crow station, etc.
Also assemble, headspace, timing, load. fire, reduce stoppage, unload, clear, disassemble, clean and repeat.
It’s a great feeling when you get the timing right and just chunk chunk chunk walk those rounds right up through a target.

Attached: 2E6E9419-6ABC-406B-8E70-5E064ED8E855.jpg (1077x1600, 237K)

I have one.
Tons of fun.
Ammo is about ~2.50$ a shot, not too bad considering the amount of brass, lead and powder.
Accuracy is ~2moa not super precise but accurate enough.
Recoil isn't bad. Actually pretty easy to stay on target and really hammer something as fast as you can pull the trigger. Extremely loud though.
A fun game with friends is spraying marks on boulders, then hitting them from couple hundred yards out. They basically explode with API.

Attached: barrett.jpg (2043x1147, 599K)

how much did that cost you? I'd love to have one, but throwing away $15k just seems heavy handed to me.

Rifle was 6400, the scope was 1k, and the rings were 180.
If you really just want a 50bmg gun I think you can get into a budget singleshot for ~1200?

yea but eh, I feel if I'm gonna start pumping money into a specific caliber platform, I'd love a Barrett or semi-auto in general. Apparently even Bushmaster makes a semi-auto .50 BMG. And now I'm seeing Barretts as cheap as $8500 brand new. Back when I was looking, they were like $14k used, no scope, no bipod.

I've seen some deals where they were 7000 and came with a nightforce scope w/rings.
If you have a place to shoot it, and have the disposable income, I recommend the semi for sure.

I'm closing on a 350 acre plot of land in Montana soon so I hope to setup a bunch of stuff up to shoot. Maybe some tannerite.

Sounds like plenty of space.

Barrets are nice

But if youre not in the mood to spend house down payment on a rifle, but want something more than a single shot break action, theres mag fed bold actions out there as well, and generally theyre pretty good

Theyll recoil more than the barret unless they got a recoil buffer in the stock, but generally you can find them in ball park 3k

And if you reload .tp bmg, you can get incendiary AP tracer bullets for like 15 cents each, and roll your own ammo at like .75 cents a pop

yup! I have like a generator and glorified shed to live out of on my land while I wait for the builders to finish my house. I'm leaving NYC and originally I was going to wait the extra year for my house to finish, but I fucking HATE THIS CITY. I wanted out not now, but RIGHT NOW. So I'm really hype.

I fully intend to get an entire loading station for all my calibers. With as much land as I'm buying, I'm going to be shooting every single day.

congrats, that sounds like it'll be a nice setup when you're done

Prolly vatnik or salty noguns who has not fired any guns in his life