Why don't squad automatic weapons fire pistol calibers...

Why don't squad automatic weapons fire pistol calibers? The main purpose of SAWs is to suppress which you can do with any round plus it keeps the capacity of a rifle caliber SAW well still being light so you don't have to replace them with rifles like the Marine are doing.

Attached: FM9_LeftFace_DP.jpg (670x446, 155K)

have you tried shooting a pistol at ~200 yards

I've shot pistol caliber carbines that distance.

I agree, we should re-chamber the 240 to .45 ACP

Attached: 1562984813481.jpg (569x760, 46K)

I suspect this is bait, but sharing ammo, with your rifleman since now some SAWs also use or can use mags, also range.

I've heard with no citation, SAWs do a lions share of the kills surprisingly enough.

My question is why don't SMG's fire magnum rounds, .357, .22wmr, 10mm (not mag ik)
I know it'd probably be hard to control but fucking hold it tighter

>I've heard with no citation, SAWs do a lions share of the kills surprisingly enough.

With the SAW, not so sure, but by doctrine, machine guns in general are supposed to be the most casualty-producing weapon that's organic to an infantry platoon. Hell, even DMRs are technically just there to be very accurate suppression compared to a 240.

Why did the Soviet Union push for a rifle that can assist in the assault instead of just keeping their PPSH-41's?

Attached: Neon_AK74.jpg (800x468, 74K)

Here is an example of one.

Attached: cbj-ms-3.jpg (650x430, 25K)

>t.zogbot mechanic & saw gunner
The saw is best for general supressive fire, majority of kills get leveled out umong the infantry that moves forward and stars engaing combatants, us POGs typically hold defensive positions and provide cover fire. If any one weapon really takes the lions share compares to any other is the sad sacks of shit who get lit of with a .50 bmg, that is just a problem solver that doesnt care if youre hiding or not

Because everyone else isn't as stupid as you are, OP

Rainbow trajectories and anemic velocities pushing 19th century pills is no way to SAW

Never deployed but my saw slaughtered many more popups than the rifleman queers when we did live fires. It makes sense that a saw would get a lot of kills

17 remington fireball my friend

My guess would be because of the added weight, and the inconvenience of not being able to share ammo with your squad, so the military would have to replace normal caliber pistols with mags, which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Makes sense. You have to actually be able to hit the enemy in order to have effective suppression.

Not accurately you haven’t. Imagine being suppressed by a nigger with a 9 and his rounds are landing 20 feet away from you

did you recently watch Punisher Season 2 user ?

>Standardizing magnum capable pistols

Probably not a good idea. The future is female, and woman will do better if they have lighter sidearms to carry around.

It has been experimented with, but at the time pistol calibers lacked the reach and ability to defeat barriers. I'd imagine 7.62x25 could have been more successful.

Attached: 0p0aq94rdq331.jpg (713x703, 113K)

Modern interpretation, emphasizing form factor.

Attached: cbj_lmg901.jpg (900x620, 60K)

Another old-school attempt, anything but light.

Attached: 70cb10e2777f1224ae9d77c085c3768964a2d6b0645c3c6cd4829fafb486558d_1.jpg (320x260, 22K)

And trying to be a mounted machine gun.

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-032717__01.jpg (1779x1080, 321K)

Ever read or even watch anything on machine guns?

You're a dork, machine guns do all the killing. Very nearly all kills are the machine guns in a infantry platoon.

Does anyone have the load spec for the USGI 9mm SMG round? That is not rated for HG. It's not magnum but it is def high pressure and for SMG only.

All guns are machine guns in the military these days.

>42032639
Good bait nigger.

>The main purpose of SAWs is to suppress

No it's not. The purpose of an AR or SAW is to enhance the lethality of the section by having an effective automatic fire capability. If you switch to pistol calibre, the effectiveness of your fire is greatly reduced.

well OP how about you fuck off and tell the government instead of some poeple who will never see combat ever in the3ir lives

Multiple barrels of belt fed death. Laying down large volume of fire accurately gives the flanking element nothing to kill but the guy crying curled up into a little ball from all the lethal fucking hate that killed every one around him who dared to peek.

what are you talking about most of the killing is done with the SAW

I guess the real question is, why would you want a pistol caliber SAW?

Range, penetration, and having a relatively straight trajectory at longer ranges comes to mind.

200m? Try 300-500.