Can dry fire really damage the gun?!

My friend lent me his gun to fire on the range, pic related. And I dry fired it a couple of times.
But now he is claiming that it broke because I dry fired a couple of times.

I say this is bullshit. A gun is made out of steel.

Where can I find a paper that proves my point?

Attached: Czl.jpg (1924x1198, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unblinkingeye.com/Guns/CZ52FP/cz52fp.html
web.archive.org/web/20100110022609/http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/cz52firingpin/index.asp
falfiles.com/forums/printthread.php?s=4a7dc31ff48ae0c236f8e874601e6025&threadid=236779
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dryfiring can really only break rimfire guns. You COULD break a hammer/striker from dryfirimg but it would take literally thousands of dryfires.

>Dryfiring can really only break rimfire guns.
But it is made of steel. Steel don't break that easily.

It's a known issue that the firing pin on the CZ-52 is brittle and CAN break from dry firing. You owe your friend a replacement firing pin.

Paperclips are made of steel

Bro, help me out. I don't have money right now.

while this is a stupid bait thread you can damage vz52s dry firing them.

This user is right, Not only that, but you shouldn't dryfire TT33, or any other Tok clones because you can snap the retaining pin.

Not all metals are created equal.
Also firing PIN

It will be less than 10 dollars for sure to replace a firing pin. Just dig through your couch cushions and pay the man. Unless you want to be rid of his friendship.

It is just a myth. I never saw any gun breaking from dryfiring.
Guns are made to last and have standards to withstand abuse or else no army would ever adopt them.
Tell your friend his gun broke due to lack of maintenance. It is probably his fault.

>laughs in Serbian

unblinkingeye.com/Guns/CZ52FP/cz52fp.html
web.archive.org/web/20100110022609/http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/cz52firingpin/index.asp
falfiles.com/forums/printthread.php?s=4a7dc31ff48ae0c236f8e874601e6025&threadid=236779

if op isn't blowing smoke he owes his buddy a new firing pin.

Attached: cz52brokenpin.jpg (475x476, 41K)

Damn you dumb

Company called Harrington makes replacements

Type 14 Nambus are also known for pin breaks

That's just fucking retarded. Imagine you are on a gun fight and you emptied your mag, dry firing a couple of times will eventually happen. No army or security force would ever use such a gun that can break if you dry fire. You need to dry fire millions of times before it can break.
Guns are made of steel, it won't break.

>take apart gun
>look at firing pin
>if it looks really thin to you don't dry fire it too much.
ez retard

Nearly 70 year old gun, with pin made from poor steel.

>No army or security force would ever use such a gun that can break if you dry fire.
but they did, the rollers also go out of round and the chamber is dangerously unsupported. most czech guns are great, that one has some issues. i still like mine.

i should say dangerously thin

This is almost certainly bait, but I'll bite. Type 14 Nambu's break their firing pins famously often, Webley's are known to break off their hammer spur, Toks, 52's, et all are notorious for it, and these are just the few I can name off the top of my head.

Attached: surp pistols.jpg (3812x1448, 1.07M)

>Where can I find a paper
You can't, dryfiring vz52 wil cause broken firing pin it's that easy and you don't need to know anything else.

Attached: vz52firingpins.jpg (1263x711, 267K)

a lot of Soviet and wartime Jap and Brit pistols are know to be fragile. They were mostly officer props.

Stop being an ass and fork out the $15 for a new firing pin. Next time, don't break your friends shit.

you did dickhead now pay him what you owe him and get yer own damn guns and lend them out to other dickheads like yourself

Attached: nancypelosi.jpg (1842x1036, 99K)

I broke the firing pin on one of my guns dry-firing

Vz52 firing pins snap at the shoulder of the pin all the time. Buy him a new firing pin, quit being poor, and buy your own guns.

hmm ok. i know nothing about guns but i will absolve you of all guilt... happy now?

I Father Kahblam of the Anglican Parabellum Church absolve of your sins. Please recite the four rules of guns ten times and buy what ever you may of broke on the believers firearm as penance.

Attached: Father Kahblam.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Nice pasta, aged to perfection. Good work OP.

This is not true, there are a host of striker fired that don't like dryfiring without snap caps

Who the fuck is dumb enough to buy a gun that breaks if you dry fire?
How the fuck you fuck up the design so much when all you had to do is copy the COLT 1911 design? COLT 1911 doesn't break if you dry fire.
Your friend deserves to have his gun destroyed for being this dumb.

This bread again? Just get your friend a goddamned firing pin. If you can't sell your labor, sell your goddamn kidneys or liver or something.

old rimfires without firingpin stops can peen the end of the firing pin and fuck the headspace of the chamber, some centerfire guns with shitty metallurgy/design can cause the firing pin to crack and break

1911s handle dry firing just fine. I wouldn't try it with anything else though.

Just get one made out of forget steel.
Those break because they are made out of casted iron.