ARG AR THREAD TRIPFAG CONTAINMENT

Time 4 new edition

Attached: DSC_2869.jpg (2400x1600, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php
alloutdoor.com/2017/11/08/trijicon-mro-version-1-5/
greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/
aimsurplus.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao @ the MRO cope user

what upper?

based

I built this rifle for $115.
No it's not my main rifle.
Yes is palmetto Trash Armory.
$115 throw away

Attached: 01.jpg (360x640, 45K)

im not ATF faggot, also I already got a tanodized upper and lower for the 4verty16

Attached: Poverty 416.jpg (4032x1948, 2.02M)

Trigger is a thousand pounds, bolt is sticky, this partiuclar rifle is straight trash

Attached: 04.jpg (720x960, 159K)

>That serial number

Attached: atf01.jpg (443x287, 16K)

It wouldn't be bad with a fixed stock or non A1 foregrip

Y'all ready for the west coast erfquake bugaloo yeet?

I have an A2 stock, but It's currently on another AR. Might swap it out. I dunno, I like the feel of the A1 handguards.

Attached: 03.jpg (720x960, 127K)

In

Attached: 1562822512157.jpg (2048x1936, 904K)

New build soon. At mercy of the mail

Attached: CFC24C6D-297F-4CBC-92B7-A028D1EC9013.jpg (2048x1536, 459K)

This is pretty AR unrelated, but I just want to tell you guys who still have living Grandparents to enjoy your time with them while you have it. One day you're going to wake up and it'll be over, or if your lucky you'll catch the signs that it's coming to an end. Nothing last for ever anons.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

I like it you should get a A1 stock or a CAR also
you do know pallghetto is Just As Good®

>shaved block
what are you building with it?

ACOG is best magnifier for eokek.
Is the eye box on the Elcan based or cringe. I sorta want one on me SCAR.

Attached: holo.jpg (4032x3024, 1.67M)

That's how colt sends them out. Waiting on Colt upper receiver and gas tube. Also waiting on a Geissele 10" Fed rail. Might try and grab an LMT enhanced BCG.

Attached: 1530323469615.jpg (3021x3901, 1.36M)

proprietary Canadian shit so as not to be classified as an AR15 and subsequently registered, despite being compatible with all AR15 parts (minus receivers)

how do i build a good Canadian AR, for a beginner.

So anyway how is your sex life

Attached: Garden.jpg (2160x3840, 3.43M)

you don't, you buy a colt canada

Attached: 1561760254487.png (647x428, 397K)

27 year old virgin what about you?

gunless poorfag here. would a PSA but with decent trigger/barrel be a good first build? Maybe Anderson receivers instead? Hard to find consistent opinions on low end hardware

Eyebox kind of like an acog when magnified short eye relief with good exit pupil.
Elcan at x1 it's like a very very good LPVO at x1.

PSA is the lowest rung you should ever hit. Never do Anderson or mystery meat chinesium stuff.

Attached: 74626767180_n.jpg (551x500, 55K)

based. will prob pick up the 762 peanut butter one come next big holiday sale or something.,

Back at it again in the woods. Hope you guys have a good weekend.

Attached: received_2365502077110609.jpg (2448x3264, 662K)

For sure, what manufacturers would you suggest for a $600-700 build? I've heard aero is decent but looks like they dropped in quality

Use PSA receivers over anderson.
Get a larue MBT trigger.
Get a FN CHF CL barrel. It's worth spending more for this. Alternatively you could get the PSA premium CHF CL barrel which I believe is the same thing. I can usually find the FN barrel for ~200 though, which I think makes it cheaper.
Get a toolcraft bcg.

>decent trigger
DESU you should probably git gud with a milspec first. PSA's is just fine. Their polished one is actually pretty good. Or go for a LaRue MBT-2s
>barrel
Define decent. PSA accuracy is in line with BCM. I really wouldn't call their barrels deficient at all. There are better, but for a first AR it will do fine and you'll learn where you want to go from there.

Aero is still alright. PSA lower + BCM upper.

Attached: 1558493991660.gif (467x398, 117K)

A full aero receiver set and rail with a FN barrel isn't a bad way to start a budget build.

It would be OK imo. Best to not spend a ton on gucci shit until you know what you like.
Just don't buy an Anderson lpk. They suggg

thank you all for the advice. Looks like fn barrel for sure. Probably will stick with mil spec trigger from parts kit for a while, that makes sense. PSA lower, but maybe a better upper.

How important is the bcg if i don't care about weight? Seems like it should be but most guides online don't put emphasis on it.

850?

Glad you ditched BCM (Bravo for 2nd place) for the Alpha Colt.

Just buy a PSA BCG. If you want to feel more confident buy a toolcraft one. A milspec bolt is a milspec bolt. Toolcraft is a military supplier and they make a lot of bolts for other companies as well, including PSA, and at the opposite end of the spectrum, Cryptic. Same bolt, but you buy it from PSA it's $50, you buy it from Cryptic it's $250. Only difference is it'll have a shiny coating.

I don't want to say bolts don't matter, because if you managed to get a bad one you'd have a bad day. But even cheap ones aren't bad ones, and are functionally identical to expensive ones, until you get into weird proprietary shit. Same steel, made by the same company, different logo.

Would be based except your acog is the wrong color.

bcg and barrel are the 2 most important parts of your gun.

green cog best cog imo

Attached: 3 acogs.jpg (1831x1417, 499K)

Kinda, but that's pretty misleading.

based and redpilled

anything else you think is just as important

For sure, I feel like I keep running into that, that there are few genuine fabricators and mostly just rebranders.

I would like to have a Canadian eh'-R

>im actually able to materialize my thoughts and emotions
Materialize means to make into real things. If you materialize your thoughts, it means that if you imagine a cow standing in front of you, you can make a cow appear right there. Pretty effing special talent you got there.

fuckin gay. I like non-rounded AR receivers like that.

>I can usually find the FN barrel for ~200 though
Where?

>only 20 people
is /arg/ really that small?
i'm shook right now

MRO Myths

>Myth #1 It's magnified
The current production hasn't been magnified for years. See the FAQ on Trijicon's own website. It stopped around the 89,000 serial number range Source: trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php

>Myth #2 It's made in China
"Made in USA" is printed on the side of the red dot. When people repeat that the MRO is made in China, they fail a very easy intelligence test. Source: Just look at one.

>Myth #3 It's blue tinted
Yes, but the current production is a lot less blue than the original ones. Current production is also not much more blue than the T1, PRO or any of the Holosun or Primary Arms products, and these people don't constantly bring those up. Yes, the T2 has really clear glass. Peopel forget that Aimpoint improved upon the T1's slight blue tint to get it that clear in the second generation. Comparative pictures of the two generations of MRO production can be found here: alloutdoor.com/2017/11/08/trijicon-mro-version-1-5/

>Myth #4 They suffer from debilitating parallax shift
There is some parallax shift with any red dot, including the Aimpoint T2. It's just very minimal with the better red dots. With the T2, parallax shift is around 1-1.5 MOA. With the T1, on the other hand, parallax shift is closer to 8-9 MOA. The PRO, by the way, has as much as 6-7 MOA parallax shift. So when people cite 12 MOA parallax shift for the early production MRO's, without giving this kind of context, it's deliberately disingenuous. Source: greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/

Strange thing is that people here recommend the PRO and T1, despite the blue tint and significant parallax shift. Why? Because those aspects don't actually matter in real life use.

Attached: 1554150533846.jpg (919x720, 80K)

on brownells you can find them for about ~250. Wait for a 10% off coupon and then stack it with the activejunky rebate.

Well, it depends on how you're looking at it. When asking "what's most important with my AR?" people really are asking "what should I really throw my money at". And the fact is a cheap bolt does the same exact job as an expensive one. So while you don't have an AR without it, you also don't really need to worry about seriously budgeting for it.

Similar story for barrels, unless you want to really get into long range shooting. Cheap PSA barrels are giving acceptable accuracy. You can do better, but honestly if you're building a budget AR, you probably aren't going to be shooting match ammo...ever. And if you're shooting m193/m855 or steelcase, you'd have a hard time telling a PSA from a Criterion. Your .5 MOA barrel isn't .5 MOA with cheap ammo. So I would worry more about barrel contour than anything else. Get something 4150, find a profile you like, and don't worry about the rest.

Anyway, I'd say most important parts in terms of user experience are a good grip, good optics, and a good trigger-and even the trigger comes with the caveat that you really should learn to shoot good with milspec, because if you can't shoot with a milspec trigger, you suck at shooting. You'll generally get more from those than dropping the money into your barrel or bolt.

Holy shit. Do you get paid for this? Most of what you say is probably true but I am sick of hearing it.

>most of this is true
I am making progress. Just a few short weeks ago, /arg/ would have said that all of it is false. I'll keep working at it until everyone here owns several MROs.

>you also don't really need to worry about seriously budgeting for it.
Not him, but I think that the point that he was making was that if you skimp at those points that you are more likely to have a catastrophe. At that point, catastrophe avoidance>performance.

Your bolt and bolt carrier group determines extraction, firing, headspacing, feeding, and lock up. If you fuck that up your gun is going to be sad.
Your barrel determines feeding, accuracy, and extraction.
The BCG and barrel perform the core function of the firearm.

>but I think that the point that he was making was that if you skimp at those points that you are more likely to have a catastrophe.
Yes, and the thing is PSA is pretty much rock bottom as far as those go. And they do not suffer from catastrophic failures. So unless you manage to find a chinese ebay barrel made out of cardboard, that's really not a realistic concern.
Yes, that's great. Reread the post, I don't really feel like repeating myself when I addressed literally everything you just posted.

Anderson lowers are normally fine. Stack them deep and worse case a few are out a spec.

MRO user posts exactly like the tripfag SB who is legit retarded.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to dive too deep into this stuff. You can get a off the rack PSA prebuilt and go out and shoot just fine. Honestly this is probably the way to go, especially if your new to firearms. No reason to hassle with a garage build or spend more than absolutely necessary for the first one.

Sorry you wrong because even in this you can barely make out the green, and red just pops.

Reread your 3 paragraph ramble and repost something relevant.

Am Leaf (Dual Citizen). Can I buy funs stateside with no US address? Want to order AR parts to PO box (lower to FFL) and then build and import rifle back to Canada.

Is this feasible?

The color looks different in person.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to an illiterate. I'll try to condense it to accomodate your disability.

Better barrel better-but poorfag no buy good ammo. Better barrel not better with poorfag ammo.

Better bolt not actually better. Three companies make most bolts. $50 bolt same bolt as $250 bolt.

lol

Yeh. Its the camera. Not a problem irl. Sticks out great even against bright foliage.

Attached: 1557273657198.jpg (1125x1087, 155K)

Or you could just buy one with proper quality control the first time :)

So I've got Bendy Bill's nazi spring and H1 buffer system in my AR (BCM 16 inch midlength).
Got it because I needed an H1 buffer and spring and caught it during a sale, so decided why not. Am I going to fuck myself with short-stroking if I shoot some really trash slavshit steel ammo?

Attached: 20190713_220320.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

>I want to import an illegal assault rifle into Canada

Attached: 1547077216914.jpg (638x1000, 61K)

No way to know for sure until you try it and see.

I said the bcg and barrel are the 2 most important parts.
It doesn't change their importance in your firearm's function even though you think there's no difference between different brands of the same part.
Are you not capable of putting together your train of thought?
Your mind shoots blurbs of cognition in small pieces. You understand the sentences but you can't grasp the larger conversation.

>illegal
Nah just restricted. Only legal for range and competition use.

Have anything of value to add?

Wholesome posting

It's probably him back for revenge since A2 started reposting screen caps of his stupidity a week or so ago before the MRO freakout happened.

What is a gayslee spring supposed to do better than mil spec?

have you looked into the importing part? do it yourself vs. paying someone? whether the net cost is worth it?

Good fucking luck?

>assault rifle
Glow in the dark brady bunch nigger detected.

Reread the first sentence of the post I already told you to reread.

Yes, those parts are functionally important. Telling someone this when they're asking what to spend more money on is misleading, as budget ones will perform identically for his purposes. Now learn to read before posting, especially if all you want to do is regurgitate what arfcom told you.

Supposedly the wound spring makes less noise, which doesn't really come into play for a FIREarm that can literally deafen you if you shoot with unprotected ears. I mean, sure, you won't hear the "sproing" vibrate through the buffer tube, but you will still go deaf from shooting with it.

Also, the H1 buffer is a little heavier than a carbine buffer, which reduces recoil. However, you can get a generic H1 buffer for about $5, so it's kind of snake oil to the whole Guyslee buffer and buffer spring system.

352, out in lake county.

Reread MRO user's post several times. It should set your gayness straight as an erect donkey dick.

Something something allegedly longer life, and 15% more t h r u s t.
Also you can't hear a twang through the buffer tube when the bolt cycles, so that's cool I guess.

Sounds like a bunch of boogaloo
Id buy a flat wire spring though. That's proven tech.

I want to buy a suppressor but I don't know if my heart can take a 300+ day wait. Wat do?

buy one, anyway. or don't.

Attached: DSCN2182.jpg (1908x1089, 755K)

I hear no twang from a properly lubed milspec spring.

how disappointed would you be in me if I got an NT4

Buy now it will only get worse. Imagine where you'd be now if you'd bought one a year ago

I wouldn't be sitting here with you loosers

get whatever you want. i have no vested interest in the choices you make.

Attached: DSCN2251.jpg (3278x2264, 2.35M)

Importation is legal, relatively straightforward, and makes more sense from an economic standpoint.

Logistics are all figured out save for the legality of actually purchasing firearms and firearm parts as a non-resident citizen of the United States. This is the part I'm wondering about.

Buying tons of Anderson lowers isn't something you do because you're trying to build a single quality gun, user.

Attached: ish2.jpg (476x432, 52K)

KAK industry steel/aluminum buffer weights. If it chokes then simply buy some of those.

Attached: file.png (1232x491, 78K)

Sounds like bullshit.

aimsurplus. com/troy-industries-folding-battle-sight-combo

are these any good?

I like those sights but I prefer the round front sight if stuck with round peep aperture or the di-optic aperture if stuck with a wings type front sight.