Old thread here

Attached: 2459107.jpg (720x600, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>AK Buyers Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Best 4.5 folder comin thru

Attached: clamped.jpg (3629x2214, 3.79M)

No. It will fit on any AKM receiver, as Romanians use true 32x31mm spec like the original AKM. Rifles like Saigas (and Arsenals iirc?) that use 32x32 might have a little wiggle but it should be negligible. Something with a Type 56 or RPK receiver would not work without fitting
To that effect, a WBP Fox would require fitting because it has a different style trunnion

>4.5
>current year

>Tfw will never ever have a babby AK subgun like that.
How's that bolt handle extension working for ya? Is it as comfy as it looks?

Attached: sad komi.png (709x554, 315K)

ironwood designs you silly nilly

Nice Bulgarian AKS-74N clone, I didn't know they existed.

soon

I'm putting one on every AK so yea

Attached: block.jpg (3024x3336, 2.14M)

"Big" dude here from a couple threads ago, still looking for a stock
What are some buffer tube stocks that work somewhat decently with an AK without fucking up my irons too much? I'm aware that with the comb higher than intended you begin to run into issues with sight picture, however I'm beginning to feel like that's really the only option without spending top dollar for Zenit, or worse, buying Fagpul.
I was thinking about getting something NATO length and just putting a recoil pad on it as a Plan B, or milling my own stock as a Plan C. I'd prefer to have an adjustable one so my little nephews could use it without a furniture swap

What kind of wood is typically used in furniture?
>top, middle, bottom tier wood
What is some fancy alternatives woods?

>or worse, buying Fagpul.
Do you hate Magpul or do you just echo what you see on Jow Forums?

Depends on the country
Always hated Magpul. Sorry that struck a nerve

>Sorry that struck a nerve
I'm actually indifferent, they make less than decent stuff but it seems like you're needlessly cutting off options

magpul ak stuff is dogshit so he's right

If this is for a fixed stock your buffer tube options are pretty much all gonna be shit
PT5 or buffer will be the only good options to give you adjustable though

Whichever one of you tards suggested this MD, it's a perfect fit. T. Hanks.

Attached: 20190713_154836.jpg (1280x720, 405K)

>Depends on the country
Ok like what

why do we not talk about Bonesteel's brace?

Attached: bsbrace.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

>brace

Maybe try being more specific? Or are you expecting someone to sit here and spoon feed you all the different types of wood used by all the different countries that made AK variants?

:^)

Attached: bsbrace2.jpg (720x1080, 263K)

beech, birch, chu, pine, walnut, etc.
whatevers local

Yeah what the fuck that's sweet why don't we
Might just have to get one now. Definitely the only brace I like aesthetically

Any polymer/ hand guards that I can put on a WASR) without requiring me to dremel off the front sling loop?

Lmao just put on an A2 stock.

Attached: 44886F7F-FD16-4AA3-B153-EA2539A8CD33.jpg (2688x1520, 1.47M)

The ATF is truly useless if this got through. It's like we've shadow repealed the NFA. What we need to do next is slip a full auto equivalent in there somehow.

For a Fox, would look brazenly retarded

>the ATF is truly worthless if they let this through
How is it any different? Are you implying other braces are impossible to shoulder?

Any

Why the FUCK would you not just make a triangle variant of this?

It would sell like fucking hotcakes

Attached: JUST.gif (479x249, 933K)

Attached: 1490829823685.jpg (1920x1079, 145K)

What about a psak?

Someone reccomend me a muzzle device for my akm? I like those 7r style devices, are those at all practical for 7.62x39?

Any that aren't magpul.

Don't know if it happened recently but found this in my MAK90. It's not chipped enough to actually not chamber properly. Should I be worried? Anything I can do fix it?

Attached: IMG_20190713_235958.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

>buying a psak

Attached: 2j5bgvz375u01.png (998x628, 507K)

To add on to this, how does century's chevron style break add up?

>Moar magpul hate despite the only issue being the zhukov
If Romo Gordo special ops used them you fags would be drooling over magpuls catshit

Attached: SBRAK.jpg (821x547, 97K)

Holy fuck that gif LOLLL

Go look at your other AK barrel entries for a surprise.

Get an Epsilon muzzle brake. They make an AJ version and it looks pretty sweet

>phoneposter
AK*

Update this is my first ak and I'm a complete retard. Please disregard.

Yeah but they dont, so sucks
Maybe if magpul made something worth half a fuck they would be, but they dont, so they're not
Damn what a weak rhetoric

What lower handguard is this? V. sexy

You mean exactly like what PSA said they were gonna do then shelved it indefinitely?
Yeah dude idk beats me

Gee Bill, TWO cleaning rods?

merely pretending

He asked for any that don't require cutting off the front sling swivel retard

We 4.5 triangle posting now?

Attached: 27ADC596-B185-472C-A128-F29C2CF866BC.jpg (828x1063, 1.09M)

Just bought a chinese lynx-12 off buds for $450. Less than half of Russian saiga. Comes with 4 pos gas system unlike Russian models.

How’d I do?

Attached: B606C3F9-BE69-4192-96EA-A1F4C5384123.jpg (458x247, 250K)

If you actually shoot your guns please get back to us after 500 rounds
I wanna know about those trunnions

They are forged and made by the same factory that’s made type 56 AKs for decades so I have high hopes

>second cleaning rod to hold the gas key in place
Why?

merely pretending x2

Not that it's much different, it's just with the recent SBA3 and 4's, a few of the pdw braces and now this; may as well remove SBR's from the registry. It's comical how 1:1 these are to stocks versus the older braces. I truly can't wait until someone grabs an m4 stock or an AK stock, tapes some Velcro to it and sells it as a "brace".

Attached: 1561420876744.jpg (736x614, 34K)

I've heard it's not bad/10. Not a shotgun dude though so I can't say how well it performs.

Why dont you explain then, smartass?
Oh right. Because you dont know either

Dogshit, throwing $400 into the mud would've been a better use
>norinco
>quality shotguns ever
Pick one

because it's a bipod you absolute dumbest gorilla nigger, you're so dumb you think people around you are equally dumb

best fixed, staking my territory

Attached: IMG_20190701_125622~2.jpg (3781x2463, 3.08M)

These newfags can't tell what a vepr is, I wouldn't expect them to know a prototype AKMSN or anything like that.

you don't need to know that it's some rare proto, just one look should be enough to tell it's a fucking bipod if the iq is at least over 80

Anyone have a link to the files post selling the FSB and GB got saiga conversation? Thank, fren

Attached: C251066E-93EC-4C08-ADB6-8D6DD672D9B0.jpg (600x319, 23K)

>expecting any intelligence from people who think psa and magpul are acceptable
You came to the wrong general dude.

i still cherish the memories of how it was pre-groupme

What's an effective and aesthetic muzzle brake in 14mm for 7.62x39? Got the fighter brake on right now, and it works really well, but want a different look. Thought about maybe the circle ten brake.

i wouln't worry about it

i have a fighter brake too, just keep it dude

He said he wanted an aesthetic brake

No, PSA's triangle brace was an SB Tactical style plastic and rubber deal. It had the look and also would've sold like hotcakes, but look at . It's literally a Bonesteel stock but with a little plastic endcap and a strap on it.
I guess I'm saying I don't fuckin get why Bonesteel doesn't just make a triangle stock, and as an extension of that, a triangular version of this brace. People would ABSOLUTELY buy it. The ONLY reason I don't have one is because it's Galil-style instead of triangular.

Attached: AK+latest+image.jpg (2064x1161, 998K)

I hated your rifle at first but now I want to go get a parts kits desu

No I totally agree, why someone hasnt is fuckin beyond me. All things considered it would be easier to make and better looking than the existing braces

>No I totally agree, why someone hasnt is fuckin beyond me. All things considered it would be easier to make and better looking than the existing braces
Well Circle10 announced this disgusting piece of shit on their ig a couple weeks ago...
The first person to make a triangle brace that doesn't look like complete dogshit would live like a king and it's fucking wild to me that people keep giving up on it. Especially since all Bonesteel would need to do is basically use 2 straight pieces of tubing instead of 1 straight and 1 bent.

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-113726_Instagram.jpg (1080x2220, 886K)

I've seen a few OG barreled kits sell for really reasonable prices lately despite being fairly uncommon. It'll be interesting to see what comes in if nu-feg starts up.

All reviews I’ve read have been glowing? You remind me of the guys that used to babble that Chinese SKSs were shit when they were $80 bin guns and now everyone wants one

Attached: vgs9hovjgaa31.jpg (3024x4032, 2.05M)

I'm bored of the look and want something different. The fighter brake works fine, just want a different look.

you sound like a woman

Kek

The thing about Chinese guns is their military (and surplus) guns have always been excellent, but their civilian export guns are EXTREMELY hit-or-miss.
Those Rem870 clones are better than current-production remshit, for example.
Or how preban Chink AKs are good-to-amazing (though definitely overrated because the AK community puts a premium on guns you can't buy anymore) but by all accounts the modern semiauto export guns our European brethren can buy are largely mediocre.

Attached: 64385370.cms.jpg (800x600, 55K)

Holy hell that looks bad

Attached: charlestaylor-afpgt1v2.jpg (968x726, 76K)

Then dont take my word for it and waste your money, its no skin off my back. My friend bought one before a Saiga and we were thoroughly disappointed.

Does anyone have a stl file for an AK mag? I just saw a barrel cooler in the shape of an AR mag and I want to design my own but I'm too unskilled to design the mag part myself. The range I go to has 2 hour time slots and I don't like packing away my AK while it's still hot

t r i a n g l e

Attached: SLR-104_PK.jpg (3000x4000, 2.05M)

Attached: 10363339_248397582017844_3187636757309170142_n.jpg (320x320, 14K)

I like how they had to at least try and make it look like a triangle folder, because otherwise it would be a blatant rip off of the tailhook
>that dude complaining about drilling
Fucking wow

>blatant rip off of the tailhook
Bud that IS a tailhook. They're selling a vaguely triangle-shaped strut for the tailhook.

The product is literally a way to mount a tailhook to an AK pistol, it's just one that looks like shit.

Attached: adhiash.png (546x362, 369K)

What cheek riser?

Attached: 1562907282346m.jpg (1024x576, 176K)

we are

Attached: 3.jpg (3024x4032, 1.82M)

AK noob here, what are your thoughts on the VEPR 5.45? Am I retarded for wanting to get one at $1,600 for my first AK? From what I understand they were about $1,000 in 2017, but it doesn't look like they'll be getting any cheaper. I figure I can always get a WASR or something down the line.

Attached: crazy_hassan.jpg (1980x1350, 554K)

Try lurking some more and coming up with your own conclusions.

Get an arsenal

They're gtg. I had one for a couple years before I got out of 5.45. Best made AK to ever grace the US, but a little heavy.

My this is my first AK and one of my AKs favorite to shoot. The RPK sights are nice.

Attached: DEB4F2B1-3998-42EA-AC89-99BA682EFDA3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Thank you. I've been lurking /akg/ for a month, trying to soak up as much info as I can.
I'm not completely stuck on 5.45 and I liked what I saw in the SAM7 series, but they don't seem to be available anywhere, not sure if that's temporary or not.
If I could get my hands on a SLR-104FR for the price of a VEPR I would, but that's not going to happen.

Attached: dataslap.gif (350x262, 3.05M)

Ah fuck, I can feel myself getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. What other AKs do you have if I may ask?

There was a guy selling his for $1600 with a bunch of mags on the files yesterday

Besides that vepr I have a wasr-10, slr-104fr, slr-107fr, and sam7sf. I was lucky and bought them all new for decent prices.