Okay how would you have improved the Japanese Military?

Okay how would you have improved the Japanese Military?

Attached: japan.jpg (300x402, 24K)

With Gundam

>by making them follow the orders of the government

1) Make them ditch their stupid honor code that had nothing to do with 20th century war. 2) Give them leaders that learned from mistakes and didn’t suffer from a fatal combination of inflexibility and overconfidence. 3) Make them figure out what their actual plan was, understanding that “just keep conquering shit for the Emperor” isn’t a plan. 4) Like the Germans, demand that they not start a war with a new enemy until the ones they already had were finished off. 5) Damage control on a ship is *everybody’s* job.

disiprine

All good, but to add
6) tell the army and navy to shut the fuck up about their stupid feud

The degenerate Hollywood kikes forced the little white girl from Stranger Things to kiss that fucking nigger even though she said she was very uncomfortable with it.

>assassinate Tojo
>declare Yamamoto the new PM

Attached: Pearl Harbor USS Nevada.jpg (1920x1440, 529K)

Unironically this

Attached: web.jpg (4608x3456, 3.09M)

ww2 doesn't happen the way we remember because Yamamoto isn't retarded
>japan attacks soviet union and England instead of the US
>yammamoto shuts down extremist young officers in the army
>germany wins in Russia due to lack of Siberian reinforcements
>japan actually creates a greater Asian empire and BTFOs commies in china
>america doesn't develop massive miltindustrial complex
>korea, Vietnam, all of southeast Asia
>the history of the world would change

Attached: wow.jpg (788x1024, 195K)

by banzai charging the white pigs more

You know that highly competent, combined arms force they developed in the 20's / 30's and then abandoned, spreading their limited tanks throughout their entire Chinese front thus losing the valuable armoured spearhead?

Yeah, not that. Also definitely look into getting some foreign licence guns to replace some of their more...interesting developments.

Very on topic

America would still institute an oil embargo. Do you think Japan actually wanted to fight America in WW2? They knew there was no way they were ever going to win

Is it just me or do ncr troopers look like them mixed with ww1 brit uniforms?

Attached: FNV_Trooper_Outfits_NCR.png (746x1306, 1.07M)

By convincing them to form an alliance with the rest of Asia instead of attacking and enslaving most of the orient, under imperialism.

Attached: klmqavrib9r11.jpg (3438x3438, 1.31M)

> Asians
> ever liking their nextdoor neighbor, let alone a completely different slant eyed nation
Ayy lmao

Attached: 1531963271578.jpg (500x431, 18K)

What da fuck did you just fucking say about me, you rittre baka? I have you know I graduated top of my crass in kamikaze warfare, and I’ve been invorved in numerous raids on pearr harbor, wake isrand and da Phirripines and I have over 300 confirmed kirrs. I am trained in goriya warfare and I’m da top bonzai charger in da entire IJA. You are noting to me but just anoder target. I wirr wipe you da fuck out with precishion the rikes of which hayve never been seen before on dis Earth, mark my fucking words. You tink you can get away with saying dat shit to me over da radio? Tink again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of kampeitai across Nihon and your radio frequency is being traced right now so you beder prepare for da storm, gaijin. The storm tat wipes out tda pathetic rittre thing you cah your rife. You’re fucking dead, baka. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kire you in over seven hundred ways, and dat’s just with my katana. Not only am I extensivery trained in most honorabru sword combat, but I have access to the entire arsenar of the Imperiar Japanese navar infantry and I wirr use it to its furr extent to wipe your miserabu assh off da face of da continent, you rittre shit. If only you could have known what dishonobru retribution your rittre “crever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have herd your fucking tongue. But you coodn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you buddadamn baka. I will shid fury arr over you and you wirr drown in id. You’re fucking dead, baka.

That isn't the point of the thread.
>how would YOU
Not "how would THEY."

There's only one way any one single person could MAKE anyone do anything else, let alone a whole backwards country

Attached: watchmen-movie-image-3.jpg (2100x886, 228K)

Shut the fuck up

Which were?

So their ONLY choice was to start a war that wasted infinity more oil?!

> "stop lookin at my ass thas gay"

Attached: Capture.jpg (354x661, 50K)

> Laughs in Hitler and Stalin

Salty trooper detected

Attached: 20190714_112044.png (500x343, 149K)

To not invade China, for example. The Kwantung Army basically started the Pacific War without asking anyone in Tokyo permission.

Attached: A Japanese boy standing at attention after having brought his dead younger brother to a cremation py (800x1101, 107K)

> a mafia is one person

Attached: 1533692446450.jpg (326x264, 21K)

Use smoke cover when doing a banzai charge, thats about it honestly.

no, completely remove banzai charges from the doctrine
they were a pointless waste of men

What's the difference between the NVA and Viet Cong?

Yamamoto was against alliance with Germany tho

Best answer

Bayonet charges have their place, just the Japs never learned when it was appropriate. Charging an enemy at full strength with tons of automatic weapons isn't an appropriate use of a bayonet charge.

They did attack the Soviet Union. It failed miserably. That's why they instead focused their attacks on China to the South. This is also why they were ordered to not mess with convoys going to the Soviet Union.
The point of attacking the US' fleet at Pearl Harbor was to cripple the US' ability to attack them in the near future. This is also why they attacked the British and Dutch at the same time. They were just trying to buy time to build up forces to get entrenched on the land taken. (That was also the point of Barbarossa, except the German generals didn't understand that.) The idea was sound, just the Japanese really didn't have the resources to fully carry it out.

The Japanese government concluded that it was unlikely they could win a war with the US, but it had a better chance than the alternatives which would mean leaving China.

>who cares what Asians think? I am trying to unite Asia under an Asian alliance here.
Want to know how I know you are American?

Issue Taurus judges and monster energy rations to every man, women, and child.

Attached: 78BBF997-14D0-41DE-ABE3-F4B750CA2087.png (500x358, 68K)

They always say that it failed miserably but it wasn't that lopsided, especially considering the battle they would get involved with later. The Japs made a good showing despite the difference in manpower and equipment. Not sure how long they would be able to keep it up with t34s and kvs rolling everywhere but still

By having one military, instead of two separate and hostile forces.

When your army has its own separate navy, and when your navy has their own separate army, that are completely unable to cooperate, coordinate or even coexist with one another, and would rather kill eachoother rather than your foes, this means something is completelyfucking wrong with you.

instead of sending one kamikaze pilot per ship, send three simultaneously ( from different angles)

The NVA was the standing army of North Vietnam, while the VC were guerrillas that operated in South Vietnam and neighboring gook countries. Pic unrelated.

Attached: Buttered_toast.png (403x274, 144K)

Convinced the IJN that subs were useful beyond acting as scouts and auxiliaries, that superbattleships were a waste of time and extremely limited resources, that they should look into better radio and this new thing called radar.

Invest more into comsec because their comsec was shit tier.

>decent tanks and tank doctrine
>invade Dutch East Indies first, FDR won't be able to sell a war for euro imperialist colonies
>north strike plan, despite being a victory Kalkin Gol was a clusterfuck for the soviets, they massively outnumbered the Japs but still took huge casualties.
>combined land/sea invasion of India, be nice to poos hey presto massive rebellion against anglos
OR
>agree partition of China with USSR and Britain, vatniks get Inner Mongolia, bongs get Tibet.
OR
>declare war on Germany with Britain and France on condition of free hand in China and no embargo of oil or raw materials

>declare war on Germany with Britain and France on condition of free hand in China and no embargo of oil or raw materials
politically, i see this as the least likely. Euro powers saw china as the endall beall of consumers. there was a vested interest in china maintaining political freedom with economic colonization

HONESTLY?

Provide them with MORE- AND - BETTER FOOD.
>but all they have is fish and rice
OK! then provide them FUCK TONNES MORE OF FISH
Investing in more cannery hardware before the fucking war.

WEAPONS
they keep rifles
UP AMMO PRODUCTION AND a small boat fleet to provide them that ammo

Convert every other unit into an ASSAULT UNIT
Give them ALL SUB GUNs and stick grenades.
A simple Sten type Sub gun is good enough.

Make them resistant to radiation.

Manhattan project is still funded and nips get btfo

Wow! Thanks user, very cool!

top kek

Diversity is our strength

Access to oil

See
The Military essentially escalated war without permission from the central government. Mostly it was based on perceived Japanese superiority.

Because of this the excesses of the Japanese military and their brutality became well known. As a result Japan suffered on the world stage in diplomacy and trade. The dispute over resources eventually lead to them leaving the League of Nations and becoming involved in the second war.

Ty

>Standardized weapons and ammo types especially between rifles and machine guns

Attached: 1561698729403.jpg (680x364, 29K)

Most honorabru kekaru.

Cycle combat veterans from the frontline to help train their replacements.

By;
>disbanding the whole kwantung army and issue circular that nobody from kwantung army be in command beyond battalion level.
>establish a war room where generals from army, air force and navy will meet and meet often to iron out any issues
>centralize and simplify chain of command, in which the prime minister will lose its role as supreme commander yet still hold the executive decision with advice(s) from service chiefs
>give regional commander flexibility in executing order but not autonomy such that they are afforded the office of military governor

tactical shit first:
>1) Make them ditch their stupid honor code that had nothing to do with 20th century war.
That's a great idea, but how, specifically, would you implement it? Japanese people can be very hard-headed. I would force every officer to study the experience of the French in WWI plus the German revolution in infantry tactics, and make sure any officers that still don't get it are sent somewhere they can't do any damage, or demoted to a rifle private so they can die.
This would be to force a change in attitude, ditching the bullshit about elan and replacing it with firepower-oriented pragmatism.
This change would be supplemented by an infantry re-armament program. Lots more LMGs. More radios. Increase the number of Type 92 Battalion howitzer/mortars from 2 to 6 per infantry batt. There probably won't be enough time or money to standardize ammunition types from the diverse portfolio Japan actually had, because you would need rechambered weapons if not totally new replacements.

>6) tell the army and navy to shut the fuck up about their stupid feud
Another great idea, also lacking in implementation. I would create a unified command under a single General*, that answers directly to the top levels of government, and assign staff from both services to this command. Keep a close eye on the leadership of both services and execute anyone that keeps the feud going.
*not too different from a shogun, only in this case he would have no political power at home.

Strategic shit:
- don't attack Russia
- don't attack America. Japan probably could have taken the oil-rich Dutch East Indies without America entering the war, if they did it without simultaneously attacking Hawaii and Australia.
- keep sucking up to Great Britain like they did before the war. If the British remain hawkish, at least keep making a public pretense of sucking up to them.

Attached: 82f.jpg (2448x3264, 684K)

>OK! then provide them FUCK TONNES MORE OF FISH
>Investing in more cannery hardware before the fucking war.
Good point. Warriors aren't much use when they are starving. And rice is empty calories, you can't just issue rice and expect your forces to forage for everything else.

>Make them subordinate to civilian authority to prevent them from starting stupid wars.
>Force Army and Navy to work together.
>Get allies not on the other side of the world.
Those are the main things.