Is this literally the ultimate weapon?

Is this literally the ultimate weapon?

>The CBJ MS was first shown in August 2000. It is an unusual weapon in several respects, not least because it is meant to fulfill the roles of personal defense weapon, assault rifle and, with the addition of a proprietary bipod and 100-round drum magazine, squad automatic weapon. The gun features a top-mounted Picatinny rail for mounting optics, a progressive trigger for semi-and full automatic fire, a collapsing wire stock, a grip safety, a threaded barrel, and a hollow foregrip which can be used to hold a spare magazine.

>The CBJ MS is capable of being field-converted to fire one of two types of ammunition. For the purely military role, the weapon fires the proprietary 6.5×25mm CBJ cartridge; but by simply changing the barrel, it can fire 9×19mm Parabellum ammunition for police, training and other operations. The 6.5×25mm CBJ cartridge has the same overall dimensions as the 9×19mm cartridge and generates the same level of firing impulse. The projectile is a tungsten insert held in a plastic sabot, fired at a high muzzle velocity (815 m/s, 2,670 ft/s) with the ability to defeat current and future body armours. It is claimed to be effective against lightly armoured vehicles such as armoured personnel carriers (APCs). Advantages claimed for the 6.5×25mm CBJ cartridge include a high impact velocity, a high hit probability due to the flat trajectory, high energy transfer to the target, and low levels of barrel wear and corrosion. The cartridge case is aluminium. Each 6.5×25mm CBJ cartridge weighs 4.5 grams (0.16 oz) and has an overall length of 29.7 millimetres (1.17 in). The projectile weight is 2 grams (0.071 oz). The combat range of the cartridge is stated to be up to 400 metres (1,300 ft).

Attached: 1563065713130[1][1].jpg (650x430, 25K)

Accuracy.

I like the concept a lot. Instead of a rifle caliber cucked into a pistol, make a pistol caliber work like a rifle. I imagine something similar in 9x25 Dillon, even as a bullpup to maximize barrel length.

Can it hot swap barrels? If not fuck off.

Aug in 6.5x25/9.5x25/10mm

i mean for squad automatic use. heat HAS to be managable during use. not as much as an emplaced gun but something.

Maybe the addition of barrel fins?

Seems like a pistol caliber would produce less heat

This 94 has something yours doesn’t.

Attached: 4BEF2362-9E6E-443A-8FFF-77E96C912933.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

I don't actually know how this thing works, the action probly cooks off before a barrel would fall apart too. I'm not sure how it actually works. It seems cool on the whole.
thats not a given and i'm not familiar at all with this proprietary cartridge or what it would get standardized to if it was actually adopted anywhere.

Smaller powder charge, and plastic sabot mean less heat buildup overall. Its literally a 5.56x45 case cut down and renecked to .25cal, to fit 9x19mm overall length. The sabot is likely nylon, although im sure there are better materials. The actual projectile is

And this is why it will never be adopted

Fucking Tungsten

A 4mm diameter tungsten rod.

Nobody is spending the money to issue tungsten rounds to errybody in their military.

Other materials dont come close to the density of tungsten, so you cant substitue a solid copper, hardened steel, or nickel (etc etc) rod and have the same sectional density and energy retention down range.

The idea is neat. But thats it. A 9mm case necked to sub-caliber launching a lightweight but extremely dense projectile is neat. But something like .224boz is more practical (and thats saying something) because at least it can shoot standardized .224 diameter bullets.

It would be interesting to see the results of a CBJ projectile in a 9mm sabot, instead of requiring special necked cases. Not sure that a 9mm diameter sabot is going to result in any sort of accuracy, though.

well no military even fields AP ammo generally. it was big in development when conventional escalation of US/soviet cold war was possible. I thought there were some super dense ceramics that could work in a sabot in place of tungsten but why bother. 5.7 seems to work so anything's possible.

22tcm gets the advantage of both since it's only a barrel swap from 9mm and can also use standard 223 projectiles.

5.7 works against soft armor because it goes really, really fucking fast, and is smol. They're claiming that the tungsten round will penetrate hard armor and metal, which it very well might, but you can't compare their 6.5 to the 5.7, apples and oranges.

Depleted uranium is almost as dense, and and much cheaper, like 1/7th ish the cost

no, it's ugly

That thing was a blast to use in bf4. So much fun

It's a better LMG than the P90, but a worse rifle.

can't imagine any drums ever feeding better than the p90 mags, is there any takedown stuff on the action out there?

the entire thing weights about as much as a spare gpmg barrel, so just carry 2?

I think they'd need to create a new housing so reloads aren't too awkward, and some kind of drum mag or quad stack.

Attached: Aug PCSAW.png (553x340, 26K)