*teleports behind you*

Camden Evans
Camden Evans

*teleports behind you*

Attached: The-traditional-Bastille-Day-military-parade-on-the-Champs-Elysee.jpg (41 KB, 780x1169)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIViYYyTqlM
youtube.com/watch?v=MiaTyUcu5VM
youtube.com/watch?v=-kB-BGMXxZc
youtu.be/ExAY2kYvkpQ?t=39
cleantechnica.com/2019/05/14/army-research-lab-water-based-battery-is-lighter-uses-no-cobalt-or-nickel/

Jaxon Nelson
Jaxon Nelson

youtube.com/watch?v=WIViYYyTqlM

Nathan Hughes
Nathan Hughes

Ok *cums

William Reyes
William Reyes

Sneed

Thomas Hill
Thomas Hill

oh good it's the Green Goblin

Camden Smith
Camden Smith

Ce n'est pas personnel, garçon...

Lincoln Stewart
Lincoln Stewart

flying snipers
Fucking frogs

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

So the TR-3B was French all along?

(TR standing for Tactical Retreat)

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

Finally something suitable for the year 2019 now it does kinda feel in the future

Gavin Carter
Gavin Carter

final boss appears

Colton Phillips
Colton Phillips

Honest question, is there actually any practical combat use for these sorts of things?
Obviously they're not very stealthy, they're probably too heavy to carry around and they probably don't have much in the way of fuel. I honestly can't think of anything other than maybe jetting up something that you can't be bothered climbing.

Samuel Turner
Samuel Turner

Better then roping up a damn building

David Wilson
David Wilson

STRIKE FROM THE SKIES BROTHERS

Adrian Long
Adrian Long

Wouldn't it be more effective to drop in from a helicopter, like normal?

Blake Gomez
Blake Gomez

don't you need lots of preparation for that stuff? this looks like you could fit five in the back of a truck and have your guys on the roof in 10 minutes

Sebastian Evans
Sebastian Evans

When would you be needing to drop onto the roof of a building other than during a carefully prepared raid?

Lucas Martin
Lucas Martin

maybe it's for quick response during hostage situations

idk I don't know anything about this shit I just saw this cool thing over on /int/

Julian White
Julian White

When wouldn't you need to get up on roofs? Height is always more effective. That could probably be achieved easier with disposables though.

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

Probably a lot safer to use the stairs if you're in combat.

Jose Myers
Jose Myers

nah, corners are dangerous. if you've got one wall of a building covered from 90 degs you might be fine. literally only needs to be a thing because batman style grappling hooks are shit.

Lucas Peterson
Lucas Peterson

If there are potentially people in the building I really wouldn't want to be flying past the windows totally exposed or landing on the roof without knowing what's up there first. Seems like a really bad idea.

Brody Nelson
Brody Nelson

Can see rooftops with satellites, most efficient way to clear a floor is to blow the walls off

Jack Campbell
Jack Campbell

Can see rooftops with satellites
or just unmanned drones

Hunter Powell
Hunter Powell

Might be interesting for police, to quickly storm high buildings / difficult to reach places

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

Right, thats more sensible. I remember getting excited about stationary solar drones but thats not gotten here yet.

Charles Gonzalez
Charles Gonzalez

flying past windows
Or lift off far from the target building and then land on it, helicopters also need to go up at some point.
This looks like a cool and compact piece of tech, flying people could probably also be useful in non military scenarios of searching for wounded people after a disaster and quickly applying first aid, like bikes but without the restrictions of the roads.
It all comes down to cost, fly time and how hard is it to control this and land.

Carter Russell
Carter Russell

OUT AM I?

Attached: green-goblin.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720)

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

That seems to make the soldier very vulnerable, up there in the sky with no cover. Poor choice of technology for crowd control. A Muslim wouldn't even need to hit the soldier, or even use a firearm, to do tremendous damage to him. Fire an arrow or slingshot and hit the hover device, and the soldier comes crashing down to the hard ground.

Honest question, is there actually any practical combat use for these sorts of things?
It would be great for search and rescue missions, particularly to explore sites covered in dangerous rubble.

Logan Wright
Logan Wright

So you are saying it needs to be faster/more maneuverable?

Attached: Spiderman-Green-Goblin-Flying.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768)

Jordan Butler
Jordan Butler

It would be great for search and rescue missions
Basically this.
Could be neat for crossing ravines/rivers.

Nicholas Flores
Nicholas Flores

I fucking hate man-children who can't not interpret the world in terms of their favorite comic books. Fuck off. Adults are talking.

Jason Morgan
Jason Morgan

Please, don't tell the jannie!

Attached: dont-tell-harry.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)

Mason Jenkins
Mason Jenkins

Checkmate aircuck

Attached: E4114055-4578-4310-A2B9-C4A952A51D16.jpg (26 KB, 820x1024)

Robert Kelly
Robert Kelly

youtube.com/watch?v=MiaTyUcu5VM

Austin Hill
Austin Hill

flying drone saucer squadrons become a thing
8 gauge pump guns become viable to carry
PLEASE

Ryan Jenkins
Ryan Jenkins

speaker says it reaches 2000 metres / 6600 ft altitude with a maximum of 200kmh / 124 mph

Connor Young
Connor Young

IRL M90 when?

Attached: 22B1699C-8D1E-4AE9-8FF3-CBF1A71C199B.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080)

Jaxson Rodriguez
Jaxson Rodriguez

Have sex.

Aaron Nguyen
Aaron Nguyen

*teleports inside his daughter*
Notin pesinl whity

Attached: Kenya-Refugee-0.jpg (71 KB, 732x488)

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

!

Attached: Mgs3-flying-platforms.jpg (70 KB, 1000x781)

Luke Green
Luke Green

It would be good for safely travelling minefields

Jason Rodriguez
Jason Rodriguez

People forget that the US perfected this technology in the 60s/70s but abandoned it due to its impracticality.
Not sure why the DoD didn't sell the tech to a private company for civilian use though

Carter Ramirez
Carter Ramirez

Obviously they're not very stealthy, they're probably too heavy to carry around and they probably don't have much in the way of fuel.
Currently, no. But we said the same thing about canons back in the day, then suddenly we got pocket-sized pistols.

It was showcased as one of many ongoing projects for future warfare, it's not ready to be deployed. But give it time.

Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Practical my ass, I want one.

Attached: baba-yaga-jet-platform.jpg (38 KB, 338x405)

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

Solid non-rechargeable batteries' energy density is slowly creeping up to make shit like this practical.

Brody Diaz
Brody Diaz

Good point or any denial terrain, fence , wire, wall. This thing takes you right over it.

Landon Wilson
Landon Wilson

user... The movie is over 17 years old already.

Hunter Gomez
Hunter Gomez

Edf 5 looks incredible on pc

Liam Nelson
Liam Nelson

youtube.com/watch?v=-kB-BGMXxZc

Attached: Ratnik.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x696)

Julian Lewis
Julian Lewis

Your point being what?

Brayden King
Brayden King

It's no longer the hot new thing childish men with their limited attention-span crave. It's an ancient relic from a bygone age, a fading but familiar fragment of cultural memory that tickles funnily when recalled.

Attached: Tunnel-ghull-color-adj1.jpg (107 KB, 1000x362)

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

Imagine an autopilot that lets you call it to you for evacuation from locations a chopper would die in. Unmanned it could maneuver quite tactically, swoop in drop smoke and pickup under cover.

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

What the fuck, Battlefield 3 predicted this

Attached: x1080-9T6.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080)

Isaiah Smith
Isaiah Smith

I think i've seen that in a Louis de Funès documentary about France.

Evan Edwards
Evan Edwards

FINISH IT

Attached: green-goblin.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720)

Isaiah Nelson
Isaiah Nelson

But we said the same thing about canons back in the day,

Nobody said that, as soon as blackpowder could be handled safely the Chinese put it into bottles made of hollowed out gourds and filled them with stones to scare the horses of northern barbarians.

Attached: Chinese-Fire-Lance-with-Pellets.jpg (88 KB, 594x855)

Ryder Scott
Ryder Scott

Can't wait to order one of these from aliexpress. Imagine the future niggers robbing houses using this

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

Well it seems much better than Jetpacks at first hand:
- less noisy
- less heavy
- arms free
Jetpacks are an utter piece of crap anyway

Luis Green
Luis Green

just give a big UAV sized drone a rope winch and you've got 1000% improved design.

John Thompson
John Thompson

Look at Mr. Super Serious Adult Man posting on an anime imageboard over here.

Attached: 1520490172827.png (532 KB, 800x584)

Colton Clark
Colton Clark

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BANG
honhonhon

Jacob Price
Jacob Price

the pendulum resulting from the length of the rope would make quick and precise movements impossible.

Brody Lee
Brody Lee

The video says, for the uncivilized amongst you, that it's mostly special forces who have taken an interest in it, and that the technology belongs to a private company: Zapata. Their website is so broken unfortunately that I can barely extract any info from it. Takes forever to load and there are FAQs without answers on the page. Bottomline: I still don't know how much it costs, weighs, or how far in development it is.

It's not arms free. On most photos there's a controller in the pilot's left hand. (And also a M16 prop because July 14th amirite?)

Camden Gonzalez
Camden Gonzalez

can always anchor shit. letting "front toward enemy" tier grunts try and balance on a flying machine is so much more retarded. some kind of distributed wing thing with a harness design maybe but never on top.

I'm not even convinced it's a real person and not some mannequin in the demo. Even if it were a real person it couldn't have been him controlling it.

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

Combat use: being an easy target.
Order/Police use: I could see patrols flying those over civilians. Maybe I watch too much SF idk.

Colton Perry
Colton Perry

I'm not even convinced it's a real person and not some mannequin in the demo. Even if it were a real person it couldn't have been him controlling it.
pretty sure it's the inventor himself. And I don't think he would have firearms training which would explain why his handling makes me nerd out.

Also check out this pic from their website. Practical eh?

Attached: EZ-Fly.jpg (339 KB, 1280x1190)

Jonathan Flores
Jonathan Flores

kek, it looks like a segway, looks so undignified

Alexander Jackson
Alexander Jackson

Shit dude, make the controls one hand and slap a mounted gun/hand grenades on it and you've got a tiny one-man helicopter
Literal air-cav

Leo Nguyen
Leo Nguyen

position pepperspray canisters below the exhaust so it hitches on the air stream and sprays downwards at high speeds and you have the perfect protestor suppressor

Carter Thomas
Carter Thomas

Didn't London bobbies use Segways for a time? I don't think LEO agencies care how it looks that much. I wouldn't be surprised to see them using "flyboards" in a few decades honestly. Especially in more police-state-ey countries.

Ryder Reed
Ryder Reed

fuck you minefild m8
fuck your body of water m8
fuck your debris m8

Owen Gutierrez
Owen Gutierrez

That looks kinda alright except its literally shooped and sitting on the ground there

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

I was just looking for footage of this "EZ-Fly" flying and I found footage of this exact guy flying. I really think it's legit, at least in this area.
youtu.be/ExAY2kYvkpQ?t=39

Leo Powell
Leo Powell

Yeah, it's a real thing but also promotional image shooped as fuck.

Jack Foster
Jack Foster

Underrated.

Parker Flores
Parker Flores

Pop four of those on a frame and people can any one of these albeit a bit more primitive.

Attached: IMG-1145.jpg (81 KB, 1091x513)

Ethan Martinez
Ethan Martinez

already exist, look like shitty lawnmowers.

Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson

Non-rechargeable

And dropped, almost literally.

Carter Brooks
Carter Brooks

rechargable batteries on that scale don't make any sense in military operations.

cleantechnica.com/2019/05/14/army-research-lab-water-based-battery-is-lighter-uses-no-cobalt-or-nickel/

Christian Roberts
Christian Roberts

True, we've had those also since about the '70's, but someday this could take it to that level of a flying bike. If it does, will it just still not garner any use due to too great of danger?

Jonathan Williams
Jonathan Williams

its a really big liability even for parade shit. the dubai flying bike thing has exposed bladeds which makes it look even spookier. The energy to power such devices is extremely heavy on the scale that would make them practical outside very brief ascents and things.

Blake Taylor
Blake Taylor

But why is an M-16 featuring in Bastille Day? Particularly at a stand-out moment like this?

Nathan Lopez
Nathan Lopez

Show me anywhere in wartime where people will have the opportunity to go back to base and charge up all their shit?
Chances are they’d be powering them off gas generators, so it’d be easier to just cart in new batteries rather than gas to charge the old batteries

Brody Scott
Brody Scott

My guess is it's a fake prop gun because the guy isn't a soldier. Specifically, he's the guy who invented the thing. So they just grabbed something that vaguely looks like a gun and voila.

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

never happen grunts too stupid

Easton Wood
Easton Wood

Meh, should have given him Annihilator 2000

Noah Anderson
Noah Anderson

Imagine a PJ jumping out of a helicopter or plane with one of these, grabbing the downed pilot and rocketing back up in less than 30 seconds. The thought of it makes me incredibly hard

Parker Myers
Parker Myers

That's as good an explanation as any, I guess.

Aaron Gonzalez
Aaron Gonzalez

couple problems there though
1. rope exists
2. lifting multiple dudes ~doubles power requirements = halves vertical speed
3. balancing 2 people would be basically impossible on that assuming not even injured

Carter Johnson
Carter Johnson

Looks cool, but for it be useful in combat operations it could benefit from some armor on the sides, putting a rotor and same big ass blades at the top+ a much stronger engine so that it can fly faster. Could possibly be made to carry multiple people and even some ammo.

Attached: file.png (93 KB, 300x207)

Jeremiah Myers
Jeremiah Myers

rope exists
This is more badass
lifting multiple dudes ~doubles power requirements = halves vertical speed
You wouldn't be going full throttle for powered descent I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem
balancing 2 people would be basically impossible on that assuming not even injured
Gimballed, gimballs all the way down

Brody King
Brody King

He doesn't even have ammo in his gun lol

Grayson Bell
Grayson Bell

Holy shit user, learn to read the thread before posting

Thomas Sullivan
Thomas Sullivan

no theyd be used for domestic policing

Justin Gonzalez
Justin Gonzalez

Now I'm imagining some fatass desk jockey wanting to play operator plowing that thing into the heads of the crowd he's trying to disperse because he's over the weight limit.

Thomas Hill
Thomas Hill

"The Future, just because we can doesn't mean we should."

Samuel Johnson
Samuel Johnson

Story?

Attached: 20190502-234415.jpg (927 KB, 1024x1018)

Ethan Morgan
Ethan Morgan

*hears him kilometers away*
*prepares ambush*
*kills him dead*

Adam Nguyen
Adam Nguyen

Yeah, but then it has this big profile that is just asking to eat a missile, which negates the armor.

Jackson Gutierrez
Jackson Gutierrez

Be helicopter pilot
Guy on a hoverboard is flying into your hovering helicopter
He has to get within a few feet of your rotors to make it on board.
The rotor wash is buffeting him and making him unstable.
He's carrying guy on his back who is moving around in pain, making the board wobble even more.
Someone screams "rpg incoming".

Attached: 1zk4yg.jpg (66 KB, 960x720)

Jacob Richardson
Jacob Richardson

France making ready for the 2020 Olympic Games of Tokyo.

Attached: B2C1480C-F770-484C-B0E2-5DA036B0A754.jpg (35 KB, 326x271)

Hunter Jackson
Hunter Jackson

no hell, shooting target moving in 3 axis is pain in the ass even in game

Mason Price
Mason Price

Talking about what? This is a joke shitpost thread

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

How about search and rescue use? Flying medic going above ruins with no obstacles, people could also call for help and he could likely hear them

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

hear them
not over his rocket, again rescue would be impossible on one of those due to actually having to fly 2 people and also control it. Search maybe.

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

no. its slow and clear visible target.

Jordan Morris
Jordan Morris

not rescue then, but a similar functionally to motorcycles, quickly arriving at the scene to apply first aid, and flight could achieve that better due to a lack of obstacles.
Whenever there's a major earthquake, send a bunch of people on these things to scout the area, look for wounded and help them out, and then mark the spot for proper rescue.
Not really a combat scenario but armies do often send aid in catastrophes, and compact flying machines to stack up and take to the scene sounds pretty darn useful

Luis Richardson
Luis Richardson

So's a helicopter, doesn't stop militaries from landing them on top of enemy troops. Would probably only have some niche special forces use for jaunts in difficult terrain though

Josiah Hughes
Josiah Hughes

Policing, except you stick a camera on it instead of a person and increase flight hours

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

What you'd want is an autonomous version that can support a stretcher.

Dominic Jones
Dominic Jones

Yeah, some autonomous return home shit w/ some life support/sensors would be boss. That's more do-able today than teaching a grunt how to fly.

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

some niche special forces use for jaunts in difficult terrain though
Except that they would have to carry it in and using it would be like erecting a 20ft billboard saying "SF here, please fuck our asses" that also plays the french national anthem at 30db and periodically lets off fireworks.

Connor Martin
Connor Martin

Yeah I dunno, they use fucking Segways so they'll probably find a tactical niche for it one day.

Jeremiah Davis
Jeremiah Davis

Terrorizing the local squirrels.

Asher Ortiz
Asher Ortiz

True. Once china steals the design we might well see it put to some (im)practical use for a photo op.

Attached: china-segway-cops-photo.jpg (136 KB, 468x602)

Evan Sanchez
Evan Sanchez

Shut up. That's the story.

Joshua Hernandez
Joshua Hernandez

*puts mg nest on the other side like a normal person*

Benjamin Carter
Benjamin Carter

quick insertion/extraction
jump from plane
land at x
leave it there
do your thing
once you finished the mission you call to your place
hop on it and speed away

Christopher Walker
Christopher Walker

The US army was after this tech back in another era.

Attached: d275a1cf22b34cc69cc75665d7907e2b.jpg (36 KB, 467x582)

Jonathan Gray
Jonathan Gray

medic drone zooms over to you
scans your smoking, bullet hole filled body
YOU ARE INJURED
shoots an IV into you
little arm comes out and sprays a bunch of expanding anti-clot medical gel all over you
little folding cot/hammock comes out
rolls your barely conscious ass onto it
clips itself to a secure point like your belt or plate carrier
flies you to the field hospital

Totally possible today actually, just a lot moving parts and since it would have to carry a lot, it would be a pretty big bitch. Imagine in a full-war scenario though, your team stabilizes you and moves on while a drone comes to get you.

Nathan Gonzalez
Nathan Gonzalez

Attached: HZ-1-Aerocycle-flown-by-soldier.png (53 KB, 281x237)

Jack Cook
Jack Cook

all you'd really need is a uniform harness with a computer-vision visible attachment point. could even cover itself with IR & smoke and things.

Eli Johnson
Eli Johnson

you posted a girl, retard

Carson King
Carson King

Segway is old and busted, where are solowheel cops?

Noah Gonzalez
Noah Gonzalez

In Paris, actually.

Attached: photo-2018-08-01-09-08-13.jpg.f995874312063b0541f8108948cad1b6.jpg (235 KB, 1280x960)

Gavin White
Gavin White

Are shootings common in Paris?

Gabriel Moore
Gabriel Moore

No, this is a girl

Attached: f4cae9e0b33e7c1d395f4358704cc693-imagejpeg.jpg (46 KB, 379x600)

David Parker
David Parker

Well, the green goblin is real.

Chase Thompson
Chase Thompson

I had this toy as a kid. Can’t believe we might be able to have it now.

Leo Wright
Leo Wright

he doesn’t know about Raimiposting
You seem really fun cunt.

Nolan Torres
Nolan Torres

Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut. 'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.' Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. On a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'. Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him 'poring over it repeatedly' in his trailer.

Jack Wilson
Jack Wilson

anime imageboard
I'm gonna have to stop you right there.

Anthony Hughes
Anthony Hughes

any time I see an exclamation point next to an MGS reference, my brain reads it as the sound effect instinctively
What an amazing marvel of human psychology

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

*Rams*

Attached: AD62B882-F41C-4CA4-855E-D32A666E776D.jpg (22 KB, 394x458)

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

perfected
If it was perfected then it would be practical. The US just gave up.

Wyatt Campbell
Wyatt Campbell

Actual french translations that make sense:

"Rien de personnel, petit".
(nothing personnel, little one)
or
"Ne le prends pas personnellement, fils".
(don't take it personnaly, son)
or
"Ça n'a rien de personnel, gamin"
(it's nothing personnel, kid)

Yes user, google translate sucks.

Oliver Flores
Oliver Flores

190km/h max, or 118 mph, is "SLOW".

user, PLEASE.

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

Underrated

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit