*teleports behind you*

*teleports behind you*

Attached: The-traditional-Bastille-Day-military-parade-on-the-Champs-Elysee.jpg (780x1169, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIViYYyTqlM
youtube.com/watch?v=MiaTyUcu5VM
youtube.com/watch?v=-kB-BGMXxZc
youtu.be/ExAY2kYvkpQ?t=39
cleantechnica.com/2019/05/14/army-research-lab-water-based-battery-is-lighter-uses-no-cobalt-or-nickel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=WIViYYyTqlM

Ok *cums

Sneed

oh good it's the Green Goblin

>Ce n'est pas personnel, garçon...

>flying snipers
Fucking frogs

So the TR-3B was French all along?

(TR standing for Tactical Retreat)

Finally something suitable for the year 2019 now it does kinda feel in the future

>final boss appears

Honest question, is there actually any practical combat use for these sorts of things?
Obviously they're not very stealthy, they're probably too heavy to carry around and they probably don't have much in the way of fuel. I honestly can't think of anything other than maybe jetting up something that you can't be bothered climbing.

Better then roping up a damn building

>STRIKE FROM THE SKIES BROTHERS

Wouldn't it be more effective to drop in from a helicopter, like normal?

don't you need lots of preparation for that stuff? this looks like you could fit five in the back of a truck and have your guys on the roof in 10 minutes

When would you be needing to drop onto the roof of a building other than during a carefully prepared raid?

maybe it's for quick response during hostage situations

idk I don't know anything about this shit I just saw this cool thing over on Jow Forums

When wouldn't you need to get up on roofs? Height is always more effective. That could probably be achieved easier with disposables though.

Probably a lot safer to use the stairs if you're in combat.

nah, corners are dangerous. if you've got one wall of a building covered from 90 degs you might be fine. literally only needs to be a thing because batman style grappling hooks are shit.

If there are potentially people in the building I really wouldn't want to be flying past the windows totally exposed or landing on the roof without knowing what's up there first. Seems like a really bad idea.

Can see rooftops with satellites, most efficient way to clear a floor is to blow the walls off

>Can see rooftops with satellites
or just unmanned drones

Might be interesting for police, to quickly storm high buildings / difficult to reach places

Right, thats more sensible. I remember getting excited about stationary solar drones but thats not gotten here yet.

>flying past windows
Or lift off far from the target building and then land on it, helicopters also need to go up at some point.
This looks like a cool and compact piece of tech, flying people could probably also be useful in non military scenarios of searching for wounded people after a disaster and quickly applying first aid, like bikes but without the restrictions of the roads.
It all comes down to cost, fly time and how hard is it to control this and land.

OUT AM I?

Attached: green goblin.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

That seems to make the soldier very vulnerable, up there in the sky with no cover. Poor choice of technology for crowd control. A Muslim wouldn't even need to hit the soldier, or even use a firearm, to do tremendous damage to him. Fire an arrow or slingshot and hit the hover device, and the soldier comes crashing down to the hard ground.

>Honest question, is there actually any practical combat use for these sorts of things?
It would be great for search and rescue missions, particularly to explore sites covered in dangerous rubble.

So you are saying it needs to be faster/more maneuverable?

Attached: Spiderman-Green-Goblin-Flying.jpg (1024x768, 151K)

>It would be great for search and rescue missions
Basically this.
Could be neat for crossing ravines/rivers.

I fucking hate man-children who can't not interpret the world in terms of their favorite comic books. Fuck off. Adults are talking.

Please, don't tell the jannie!

Attached: dont tell harry.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Checkmate aircuck

Attached: E4114055-4578-4310-A2B9-C4A952A51D16.jpg (820x1024, 26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MiaTyUcu5VM

>flying drone saucer squadrons become a thing
>8 gauge pump guns become viable to carry
PLEASE

speaker says it reaches 2000 metres / 6600 ft altitude with a maximum of 200kmh / 124 mph

IRL M90 when?

Attached: 22B1699C-8D1E-4AE9-8FF3-CBF1A71C199B.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

Have sex.

>*teleports inside his daughter*
Notin pesinl whity

Attached: Kenya_Refugee_0.jpg (732x488, 71K)

!

Attached: Mgs3_flying_platforms.jpg (1000x781, 70K)

It would be good for safely travelling minefields

>People forget that the US perfected this technology in the 60s/70s but abandoned it due to its impracticality.
Not sure why the DoD didn't sell the tech to a private company for civilian use though

>Obviously they're not very stealthy, they're probably too heavy to carry around and they probably don't have much in the way of fuel.
Currently, no. But we said the same thing about canons back in the day, then suddenly we got pocket-sized pistols.

It was showcased as one of many ongoing projects for future warfare, it's not ready to be deployed. But give it time.

Practical my ass, I want one.

Attached: baba yaga jet platform.jpg (338x405, 38K)

Solid non-rechargeable batteries' energy density is slowly creeping up to make shit like this practical.

Good point or any denial terrain, fence , wire, wall. This thing takes you right over it.

user... The movie is over 17 years old already.

Edf 5 looks incredible on pc

youtube.com/watch?v=-kB-BGMXxZc

Attached: Ratnik.webm (1280x696, 2.91M)

Your point being what?

It's no longer the hot new thing childish men with their limited attention-span crave. It's an ancient relic from a bygone age, a fading but familiar fragment of cultural memory that tickles funnily when recalled.

Attached: Tunnel_ghull_color_adj1.jpg (1000x362, 107K)

Imagine an autopilot that lets you call it to you for evacuation from locations a chopper would die in. Unmanned it could maneuver quite tactically, swoop in drop smoke and pickup under cover.

What the fuck, Battlefield 3 predicted this

Attached: x1080-9T6.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

I think i've seen that in a Louis de Funès documentary about France.

FINISH IT

Attached: green goblin.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>But we said the same thing about canons back in the day,

Nobody said that, as soon as blackpowder could be handled safely the Chinese put it into bottles made of hollowed out gourds and filled them with stones to scare the horses of northern barbarians.

Attached: Chinese_Fire_Lance_with_Pellets.jpg (594x855, 88K)

Can't wait to order one of these from aliexpress. Imagine the future niggers robbing houses using this

Well it seems much better than Jetpacks at first hand:
- less noisy
- less heavy
- arms free
Jetpacks are an utter piece of crap anyway

just give a big UAV sized drone a rope winch and you've got 1000% improved design.

Look at Mr. Super Serious Adult Man posting on an anime imageboard over here.

Attached: 1520490172827.png (800x584, 532K)

>FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>BANG
>honhonhon

the pendulum resulting from the length of the rope would make quick and precise movements impossible.

The video says, for the uncivilized amongst you, that it's mostly special forces who have taken an interest in it, and that the technology belongs to a private company: Zapata. Their website is so broken unfortunately that I can barely extract any info from it. Takes forever to load and there are FAQs without answers on the page. Bottomline: I still don't know how much it costs, weighs, or how far in development it is.

It's not arms free. On most photos there's a controller in the pilot's left hand. (And also a M16 prop because July 14th amirite?)

can always anchor shit. letting "front toward enemy" tier grunts try and balance on a flying machine is so much more retarded. some kind of distributed wing thing with a harness design maybe but never on top.

I'm not even convinced it's a real person and not some mannequin in the demo. Even if it were a real person it couldn't have been him controlling it.

Combat use: being an easy target.
Order/Police use: I could see patrols flying those over civilians. Maybe I watch too much SF idk.

>I'm not even convinced it's a real person and not some mannequin in the demo. Even if it were a real person it couldn't have been him controlling it.
pretty sure it's the inventor himself. And I don't think he would have firearms training which would explain why his handling makes me nerd out.

Also check out this pic from their website. Practical eh?

Attached: EZ-Fly.jpg (1280x1190, 339K)

kek, it looks like a segway, looks so undignified

Shit dude, make the controls one hand and slap a mounted gun/hand grenades on it and you've got a tiny one-man helicopter
Literal air-cav

position pepperspray canisters below the exhaust so it hitches on the air stream and sprays downwards at high speeds and you have the perfect protestor suppressor

Didn't London bobbies use Segways for a time? I don't think LEO agencies care how it looks that much. I wouldn't be surprised to see them using "flyboards" in a few decades honestly. Especially in more police-state-ey countries.

>fuck you minefild m8
>fuck your body of water m8
>fuck your debris m8

That looks kinda alright except its literally shooped and sitting on the ground there

I was just looking for footage of this "EZ-Fly" flying and I found footage of this exact guy flying. I really think it's legit, at least in this area.
youtu.be/ExAY2kYvkpQ?t=39

Yeah, it's a real thing but also promotional image shooped as fuck.

Underrated.

Pop four of those on a frame and people can any one of these albeit a bit more primitive.

Attached: IMG_1145.jpg (1091x513, 81K)

already exist, look like shitty lawnmowers.

>Non-rechargeable

And dropped, almost literally.

rechargable batteries on that scale don't make any sense in military operations.

cleantechnica.com/2019/05/14/army-research-lab-water-based-battery-is-lighter-uses-no-cobalt-or-nickel/

True, we've had those also since about the '70's, but someday this could take it to that level of a flying bike. If it does, will it just still not garner any use due to too great of danger?

its a really big liability even for parade shit. the dubai flying bike thing has exposed bladeds which makes it look even spookier. The energy to power such devices is extremely heavy on the scale that would make them practical outside very brief ascents and things.

But why is an M-16 featuring in Bastille Day? Particularly at a stand-out moment like this?

Show me anywhere in wartime where people will have the opportunity to go back to base and charge up all their shit?
Chances are they’d be powering them off gas generators, so it’d be easier to just cart in new batteries rather than gas to charge the old batteries

My guess is it's a fake prop gun because the guy isn't a soldier. Specifically, he's the guy who invented the thing. So they just grabbed something that vaguely looks like a gun and voila.

never happen grunts too stupid

Meh, should have given him Annihilator 2000

Imagine a PJ jumping out of a helicopter or plane with one of these, grabbing the downed pilot and rocketing back up in less than 30 seconds. The thought of it makes me incredibly hard

That's as good an explanation as any, I guess.

couple problems there though
1. rope exists
2. lifting multiple dudes ~doubles power requirements = halves vertical speed
3. balancing 2 people would be basically impossible on that assuming not even injured

Looks cool, but for it be useful in combat operations it could benefit from some armor on the sides, putting a rotor and same big ass blades at the top+ a much stronger engine so that it can fly faster. Could possibly be made to carry multiple people and even some ammo.

Attached: file.png (300x207, 93K)

>rope exists
This is more badass
>lifting multiple dudes ~doubles power requirements = halves vertical speed
You wouldn't be going full throttle for powered descent I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem
>balancing 2 people would be basically impossible on that assuming not even injured
Gimballed, gimballs all the way down

He doesn't even have ammo in his gun lol

Holy shit user, learn to read the thread before posting

no theyd be used for domestic policing

Now I'm imagining some fatass desk jockey wanting to play operator plowing that thing into the heads of the crowd he's trying to disperse because he's over the weight limit.

"The Future, just because we can doesn't mean we should."

Story?

Attached: 20190502_234415.jpg (1024x1018, 927K)

*hears him kilometers away*
*prepares ambush*
*kills him dead*

Yeah, but then it has this big profile that is just asking to eat a missile, which negates the armor.

>Be helicopter pilot
>Guy on a hoverboard is flying into your hovering helicopter
>He has to get within a few feet of your rotors to make it on board.
>The rotor wash is buffeting him and making him unstable.
>He's carrying guy on his back who is moving around in pain, making the board wobble even more.
>Someone screams "rpg incoming".

Attached: 1zk4yg.jpg (960x720, 66K)