.50 bmg varmint grenades

Free state user here, What's the most coyote 'splodin load I can run from my new anti material raifu?

Thinking of loading some lehigh controlled chaos projectiles hot.

Attached: download (5).jpg (390x129, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

50bmgsupply.com/ammo.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211
lehighdefense.com/index.php?_route_=all/311cal-32-auto-xtreme-cavitator-50gr-bullet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was also thinking about loading some lehigh 327grcqb bullets to around 3500 fps

Attached: 08-510-327-SP-500x500.jpg (500x500, 16K)

327 grain*

they make 750 grain V-MAX loads

Link? I can only find A-MAX bullets

Why don't you put some of these in there and shoot it through somethin'

Can youeven use dem pistol rounds in that doohicky?

Attached: p_100031031_1.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Fucking do it.

What would be the ballistics of a 100-grain projectile from a .50 BMG? Would it be an absolute laser beam or would it be totally unstable and just tumble through the air?

>anti-materiel
FTFY

I prefer anti-matter rifles

There’s some light .510 soft points intended for the 50 Alaskan you could probably use

Attached: 754BEFB6-A6C2-4EB0-BD6C-BEF6F2A854D9.jpg (1242x1699, 545K)

>APIT
50bmgsupply.com/ammo.shtml

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-130247.png (1280x720, 221K)

Based and violent reaction pilled

No, because .50 AE is not the same as a .510 50 BMG.

Ho-Lee-fuk

I bet these would fuckin vaporize If you threw them at 3000+ fps

Attached: Untitled-48-630x339.jpg (630x339, 46K)

I will unless somebody posts something better

It would hit the limits of gunpowder, probably coming out around 5500 fps. Even a copper solid would frag from rotational energy.

Get some sabots to load 30cal bullets in it. 110gr vmax at 4500fps should work well on coyotes

it would fragment in the barrel and come out like a shitty shotgun

Solid copper flechettes going 5000 fps sounds pretty decent to me.

Attached: 50cal ratshot.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

lmfao

Attached: Muffler Salesman.png (311x400, 42K)

you'd lose all the energy in the fragmentation

>Farside Gallery
I ‘member that exact one from a long time ago

If you shoot a coyote lengthwise with Raufoss Mk 211, you have about a 50% chance of literally blowing it up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211

What gun is that for someone clueless? How much did you pay for it?

It's a barret m99 single shot 50bmg
around 3500

Do this please try and shoot a ceramic lvl IV plate

Take a 7mm rem mag case, turn the belt off, fill it with bird shot, and swage it into a spitzer with a small hollow point.

I think you're wrong about fragmentation from centrifugal force, but you're right about the limits of velocity due to the density and burn rate of the exhaust gasses.

the Ideal way to do this would be to start with say a 500 or so grain .50 cal projectile and decrease the weight incrementally until velocity stopped increasing or at least significantly slowed.

I want to get pic related and put these bullets in it

lehighdefense.com/index.php?_route_=all/311cal-32-auto-xtreme-cavitator-50gr-bullet

>what coyote?

Attached: eee87f6bad0878a6fb99d1edc909202b.jpg (898x515, 487K)

seriously considering trying this with a nugget

I'd considered .300 winmag but that might reach the velocity limit, .300 ain't cheap, and RIP rifling.

they make the cavitators in 100 grain as well I'd probably do that with .30-06 and up

These are unobtainium

Normal ball 50 bmg wrecks level 4

Sure you can, .500" boolits would be perfect for paper-patched .50 BMG.

Would a 375 cheytac rifle be a better option for a LARP/manchild toy over 50bmg?

depends on intent. what do you want to do with it

wasn't the 375 cheytac exposed for duping adopters with fake ballistic data

What material could you use that wouldn't fragment?
I'd love to see how flat the trajectory would be.

Blow up toasters in my back yard and blow deer brains out 900 yards away.

What did the toaster ever do to you to deserve such a cruel fate?

DU

What you're basically describing is the 50 bmg m903 SLAP round. 355 grain tungsten sabot travelling 4000m/s.

Attached: slap.jpg (460x152, 7K)

50's arnt that accurate at 900 yards, maybe go for the cheytac or a 338 if u wanna hit a deer head at 900. Evrn then u will probly miss

water safety cutoff

690 grain wad cutters.
Most splodin for the loadin.

This rifle sucks shit. I bought one too and I can tell you it's a fucking peice of garbage

Link lad?

What's bad about it?

I bought one in Canada for 6200 cad$. 3rd time I had it out the bolt handle started flipping open on recoil. I sent it in to get it checked out on warranty. Wolverine supplies and Barrett both told me it was because of the weather! No joke. The first said it was because I oiled it too much and then they said it was because there was a bit of melted snow on The ammo. Now they are telling me it's not covered under warranty and now I have to pay for their time. They are saying I owe 400 bucks plus a storage fee or they won't send the rifle back.

If it is indeed because of incumbent weather I think the reason that happened is because the bolt logs are interrupted threads. This means the lug faces are not perpendicular to the bore axis and therefore the back pressure translated to rotational force.

Burned my last bagel.

I have never experimented with lightweight pills in the .50 BMG, but I used to own a rifle built in .50 BMG necked down to .375. Depending on bullet weight it would get anywhere from 4500-5200 fps. I absolutely could not use jacketed bullets at those velocities. Normal bullets would come apart just outside the muzzle. Bonded bullets would usually stay together but accuracy was shit and they'd keyhole and wouldn't fly straight. I had no problems with monometallic bullets holding together no matter if they were swaged or lathe-turned.

so yeah, cheap bullets might come apart on you, but that problem is easily avoided by using monometallic projos.

There are several African hunting calibers that use .510 bullets so there are indeed many options.

i've seen two coyotes killed with a 50 BMG. Both with a 750 AMAX.

At ~100 yards, side shot, it zipped right through. The bullet was not frangible enough to expand in the lightly built coyote.

Another at 15 yards. Head on shot. Blew the dog up, send it's remains into a tree, and 25 yards another way. It was a lucky shot, both with tons of meat to displace and 99% of the muzzle energy still present.

A controlled chaos will not do what you want. Any solid will just zip through anything light bodied. Not enough resistance to expand.

I would take the 50 Alaskan bullets and drill out their soft points, and send them as quick as you can. That's about the most frangible bullet I can think of in .510"

Alternatively, take some pulled M33 ball, which is very cheap and available, and cut off the tips in a band saw, so that there is a .35 - .4" flat point of exposed lead and jacket. Drill out a hollow point. That thing will fuck shit up.

>light
>500gr

Hawk offers as light as 300gr HP and 350gr SP, though at some velocity you'll run into the problems mentions, and Hawk's soft jackets certainly won't help.

>m33
>lead

hmm.....

don't m33 ball still have mild steel cores

Yeah

Literally nothing wrong with the gun

Shit man, that sucks

Thank you user