[QTDDTOT]: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

With all the crazy new ammo laws that took effect in California, what's the status on blackpowder firearms?

I want to get a percussion cap firearm to larp like I'm from the 1840's. Do I have to go to a gunstore to buy ammunition components now, or can I get them online still? I don't own any blackpowder weapons, so I need everything powder, caps, and balls.

Attached: Flag-of-California.png (900x600, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYYJKV2sxes
midwestgunworks.com/winchester-model-70/dbm-magazines.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>califags so cucked they have to use blackpowders
2A is dead if one state gets this bad, the rest of them can

>caps
You can order all the percussion caps you will ever need online
>powder
You will have to produce the powder yourself, begin with green powder and then progress to black powder
>ball
These too you will have to produce by molding lead balls

I met a girl (female) that is legit Jow Forums as fuck. I could hardly bring myself to speak to her. I think I was blushing the whole time. How do I not be an autist?

Attached: rylfxiD.png (446x367, 43K)

Interact with her under the assumption (the likelihood) she has a boyfriend, the butterflies disappear. Dunno why you would be interacting with a taken woman though, perhaps the practice?

What is everyone's thoughts on Volquartsen 22LR?

Attached: Volquartsen 22.jpg (900x168, 120K)

Are new Smith & Wesson revolvers actually as bad as people say they are? Want to get a Model 29.

Attached: 150145_01_lg_1_0_0.jpg (500x500, 14K)

Anybody own one of these wasr underfolders? Thinking of buying one before the elections.

Attached: ak47-wasr-underfolder-6-of-17-jpg.jpg (1000x540, 902K)

I don't know about that model, but I bought a 686 SSR about a year ago and there is nothing wrong with it. Shoots great, seems to be made very well.

I was gifted a lee enfield No.5 Jungle Carbine but the rifle is missing the bolt assembly. Will a No.4 Mk1 bolt assembly fit well enough in this rifle that I can get gunsmith to headspace it? Or do I have to get an assembly from a No.5?

Also how are the Ruger Super Blackhawks? Anyone have any experience with them?

If I put a 4 MOA red dot in front of a 3x magnifier does that mean the dot will now show up as 12 MOA? Because that's kind of big.

Attached: 41pl5-frwxL.jpg (500x417, 18K)

No, because everything in your sight picture will be 4x bigger as well.

Thanks

Attached: 1561964909037.jpg (500x547, 36K)

I don't own one, but I've shot one. I would get a standard fixed stock trunnion if it's your first AK/intermediate rifle. The folding stock isn't very comfortable, and there are better folding AK stock designs out there.

However, if you're buying it because it's cool you'll be very happy. They're rough but will function reliably, and fit in a guitar case. Look into buying Hungarian 20rnd mags for it. The handguard wood is also shit, so you may want to switch it out.

What is a good job to do during the summer? need money for funs

Im poor and wanna buy a Lynx 12 but are they compatible with grips and stocks from normal akm or 74 bits or are they Saiga based?

Wait tables if you are young and attractive. Sell you boipucci if you are really attractive. Roughneck if you aren't.

Absolutely retarded
You can walk into a sporting goods store and buy everything you need. Most places wont have a good rifle that isnt a for modern bp hunting

If you're under 30 find a land surveyor and work for him as a rodman. A survey company under contract with Army Corps is even better. Work your ass off, don't complain, and learn everything you can.

Unironically a decent option. There are very few surveyors and they are nessecary for a lot of civil works.

Best decision I ever made 15 years ago.

How do you feel about drone/laser satelite surveying? Theres always going to be someone that needs to sign off on them, but are you worried about the old ways kind of dying out?

Just
Why

UAS lidar and photogrammetry is what I'm over now. I also do GPS and conventional surveying though. Lidar has come a long way as far as accuracy. Especially terrestrial lidar. It may one day replace the old ways but not in the next 50 years. The technology just isn't there if you're looking for accuracies under vegetation. I think you'll always need GPS and conventional surveys maybe not as much down the road, but they will still have their place.

Is a fertilizer bomb technically ANFO?

Because I want it.

I dont know user. Is it Ammonia Nitrate mixed with Fuel Oil?

Thank you!

I know California requires you to register assembled firearms from blank receivers, are there any other laws related to making your own firearms?
I'm an amateur machinist who wants to build a firearm, but don't want to unknowingly commit a felony.

Attached: ChechenSMG.jpg (600x450, 66K)

I dont understand the 5.56..
What are the fundamental differences between 55 grain and 75?

best thing to remember is that bitches ain't shit.

Some jurisdictions prohibit the manufacture of zip guns. These are ancient laws. They don't want you making unreliable, dangerous, shitty, improvised weapons.

However, if you make a gun that's not obviously a zip gun, say you actually have some manufacturing experience, even in those jurisdictions I believe you can build a firearm.

You should look up Forgotten Weapons video on the Winchester Thumb Trigger Rifle. This bolt action design would be easy to scale up to any low pressure cartridge. .44-40, .45LC, etc. It's only got 6 parts. It's probably the simplest most elegant firearm I've ever seen. I feel like if you really wanted to you could build one with nothing but metal pipe and a rat tail file. Might take you a month or two.

youtube.com/watch?v=HYYJKV2sxes

Ballistic effects of heavier bullets vs lighter bullets paired with twist rate can make different bullets do different things with different length barrels.

So does the M&P Shield have a slide lock or slide release? I've always understood it to be a slide lock but I watched this video and it looked like he used it as a slide release. Also if it is a slide lock has anyone ever tried to smooth it down to be used as a slide release and will that fuck the reliability of the gun? Anyone's experience would be appreciated.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I feel that's a really stupid question but what if your thumb slips while manually decocking a CZ75, would you lose your thumb because the slide will cycle?

Your slide stop doubles as a slide release
No

This is why they invented the decocker.

You can get pretty much all modern DA/SA guns with a decocker. I view the decocker as an imperative feature on a DA/SA. Can you manually decock a gun safely? Yes, people have been doing it for ages. But statistically speaking, it's just one more thing to worry about and fucking up could result in a negligent discharge. Why not just have a button that decocks the hammer for you?

I have a new MP shield 2.0 in 9mm and I bought a S&W shield magazine, not an aftermarket but the new magazine won't drop down like the mag that came with it does.
Why does it do this? Its really annoying because I have to pull it out of the magwell and it really increases my reload times when I'm practicing.

I honestly don't have this issue and I carry my 1911 when I'm hiking. I've never had a fear or an issue with going in cocked and loaded.

Are there instances of decockers failing? I heard once the finnish military dropped the concept of decockers after multiples mechanical failures of them

The 1911 is specifically designed to be carried cocked and locked. There's no need for a decocker on a 1911 because you're supposed to carry it cocked.

A DA/SA gun on the other hand is supposed to be carried hammer down in DA mode. A gun like a Walther PPK and some of the Berettas have a dual action safety-decocker. Pushing the lever to Safe safely drops the hammer as well as arrests the firing pin. On the PPK the firing pin is only arrested while the safety is engaged. If you use the safety decocker to drop the hammer, then disengage the safety so you can carry it hammer down with the safety off, the firing pin is not arrested and theoretically dropping the gun could set it off.

Different guns are designed to be carried in different ways.

Do Remington 700 box mags fit inside of Howa 1500s?

This, Instead of making fun of us the rest of you should of helped in our fight. But its ok, you all will suffer the same fate within the next 5-10 years, that how long it took for us to get this bad...

Attached: 8233782_006_61d1.jpg (851x1280, 161K)

can someone post that picture if Our Savior Roger Benitez dressed up with a saints halo and all that?

What's the metal fork looking thing you always see under the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 gun?

Attached: pz4_wat.jpg (1603x811, 1.14M)

It's supposedly to push the antenna out of the way.

I don't really understand that rationale though. Why wouldn't the barrel push the antenna out of the way? Why do you need some weird little scaffolding shit to push the antenna out of the way?

Clearly I'm missing something.

I don't have to shoot black powder necessarily. I have plenty of modern cartridge firearms, and cartridges for those firearms. I just want something different to shoot. The new ammo laws are unconstitutional bullshit, and I'd like to avoid them if at all possible.

That being said this is exactly why we need a major supreme court victory correctly affirming the 2nd amendment. The fact that the constitution is disregarded in any part of the US is an absolute travesty. In addition to it being a loss for California, it legitimizes these kinds of laws nationally, increasing the likelihood that this kind of shit becomes federal law. If California isn't safe, nowhere in the US is safe. The NFA alone is proof of this, all gun laws are equally unacceptable. Your AR not having a third pin is just as shameful as one of those retarded fin grips, or those "arm braces."

States do not have the authority to interpret the constitution, and all gun laws both federal and state should be removed from the books, burned, and then relegated to a dim and shameful corner of the US history.

anyone make a magazine conversion for Winchester M70s? specifically in 30-06.

maybe if the barrel is hot or something

Ok apparently it prevents the antennae from getting caught under/between the gun and coax. It pushes the antennae away from the gun.

Do I even need to bother with making the stock on a PPS43C functional to comfortably shoot it?

How high speed can SWAT teams be?

Attached: Some gay ass shit show.jpg (638x366, 67K)

Bump

>Want to build a custom bolt action rifle
>Can't afford to spend an entire paycheck on a gucci action right now
>Don't want to machine my own receiver
If I buy a remshit 700 off the shelf, can I use it and replace parts as they rot? Or will it arrive too rusted to fire safely?

Is this listing too good to be true? And how should I conduct this transaction in person if I were to go through with it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-040635.jpg (1080x2340, 726K)

Which AT/antimateriƩl rifle is most aesthetic in your opinion?

Attached: Lahti L-39 right 1280px.jpg (1280x853, 186K)

I own several new S&Ws as well as a few older ones.

There's nothing "wrong" with the new ones, per se. They are all well made and they've never malfunctioned. That said, put a new one and and old one side-by-side and the difference in fit and finish is obvious. The older ones are much more well made. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new smith again if the design was something they never made previously, but if you want a standard model I'd buy an earlier one over a current smith any day. Model 29s are not rare, you can easily get an older one.

Volquartsens are great, but I don't know why you'd buy one instead of building your own for a fraction of the price.

>Why not just have a button that decocks the hammer for you?
It's additional complexity that introduces new points of failure.

Yes, those are a thing.
Google "detachable magazine bottom metal M70"

Totally too good to be true unless somethin super sketchy is goin on. Or maybe dude is retarded.

Sure, you can do that.
Or buy a police model and you probably won't have to worry about the rust anyway.

Solothurn or SS41

Does anyone remember the video where the soldier shoves an IED off the road with a stick? I forget if he was Syrian or Afghani, but he was shouting about how the Taliban/ISIS killed his family and he'd been shot a few times already.

Attached: 1551770425759.jpg (961x595, 68K)

Even if it was 100% true, it's a mish-mash of very cheap and dubiously constructed parts that really aren't worth having.

I have one I built and 6 other store bought 22s. Just looking for another for the collection and a good one to pass down one day. Really just wanted to see if anyone had any info one them that other forums didn't have. What to look out for, what to avoid, personal experiences, etc.

It sounds like you already know what to expect then. There's nothing bad about Volquartsen's rifles, and if you're into 10/22s you probably already know about their part quality and how easy it is to put 10/22's together. The question is whether or not you're willing to pay extra for someone else to do that assembly for you, or if you'd rather do it yourself.

Ghosts are illegal now, before even starting on a receiver you have to apply for a serial number. Once you get one and are approved, I think you have 10 days to make it, after which you have to send photos of it.

No more 3d printed receivers either since I don't think any markings on plastic are considered permanent enough.

Thanks, I had been looking for conversion kits so I guess adding "conversion" to the search gave me different results. Didn't know they made factory dbm m70s

This just in, the magazines themselves are $115 holy shit
midwestgunworks.com/winchester-model-70/dbm-magazines.html

Anyone

I don't know shit about M&Ps, but I do know that for other guns there exist two types of mags. Standard and "drop free". The "drop free" ones fall out freely when you hit the mag release. The standard ones don't. So, it could be that you bought a standard mag when you were expecting a drop free type? Like I said, I don't know shit about M&Ps, but perhaps that gives you something to research off of?

find the offending bit of metal and take a file to it

i want to make a form 1 rimfire can. is there a reason not to use aluminum baffles? i realize durability might be an issue for a centerfire can but seeing as im only shooting 22lr through it, i should be good, right?

Durability is still an issue with rimfire cans. Instead of worrying about erosion from hot gases you're worrying about lead buildup. rimfire cans build up a ton of lead on the first few baffles. mechanical scraping is usually required to get this off. Chemical-based lead removers exist, but those will also attack aluminum baffles.

what kind of metal is this specifically?

Attached: AR-DC5-BLK-2.jpg (500x375, 39K)

it's multiple pieces. the spring inside will be spring steel, the plunger and the hollow piece the assembly fits inside are some manner of mild steel.

I am looking for some .22 ammo that can reliably cycle in .22 AR-15 Kits and other semi autos. Copper would be prefered, I am planning on buying in bulk and using it with a suppressor

Attached: 1563202120649.png (303x311, 178K)

I'd advise you to test and see what works best in YOUR specific guns, but I stick with CCI and Aguila for my semi 22s (CMMG AR conversion, 10/22, and a couple Ruger pistols) Both the super and the subsonics in both brands have worked well for me.

How many bullets to you reckon do I need to get an estimate of how well a certain ammo works ? 50 or 100 ?

Thats the thing, I can't find the metal, the mags themselves are the same weight, each of their pieces are also the same weight and dimensionally I can't find a physical difference but for some reason the new one won't drop free like the other.

What would be the best concealed carry pistol for the greaser look?

Attached: 20190714_134309.jpg (2560x1536, 822K)

Seconding this. CCI always works great in my stuff but .22s are picky bitches so you just have to play around until you find something.

Shit I fucked the image up.

you're a faggot

What does it matter what your concealed gun looks like?

Neat, I was looking at CCIs anyway. 29grs copper short HV, to be exact

Do to the fact that I live by the rule if cool, I am not a faggot, daddy o.

Attached: 20190714_134309-1.jpg (2175x1536, 1.38M)

Sig P938, I am talking out of my ass though

1911 faggot. If it can single handedly win TWO WORLD WARS. I'm sure it can handle you using it as a grease gun

What about vietnam you boomer fag

It was a case of getting tired from winning. Even the best need to take some rest.

Does anyone have a good resource to learn about comms/radios as it applies to a Baofeng UV5R 8w?

INB4 get your HAM license, im working on it

Attached: fortyknots.jpg (787x964, 266K)

I'd think that 50 would probably be enough.

>I can't find the metal
Lampblack

They have been taking a dirt nap for quite a while now