What is the use of this gun?

Built on scope = shoot over long distances
Subsonic ammo = huge drop for long distances
Most of the barrel is a silencer = less barrel with rails = less bullet rotation = huge drop

Wrong combination for a sniper rifle.

They really should change it to a sub-machinegun configuration and remove the scope.

Attached: Vss_vintorez_01.jpeg.jpg (1200x411, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954948111
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 2ndbestgirl.png (426x477, 262K)

Not all scopes are high powered.

nobody ever said it was a sniper rifle
>faggot

>i get my facts from PUBG

nigger you CAN take the scope off.

its not a sniper rifle.

subsonic ammo makes you sneaky

there is an assault rifle variant know as the AS-VAL

what are some games where vss and as val are top tier?

as val has the highest dps in bad company 2

>AS VAL
>BC2
no such thing, but I guess the 9A91 is close enough with shooting 9x39 and being integrally suppressed.

>less barrel with rails
You mean rifling?
Brainlet bait

Attached: 5a7fd4883ad1dcf863826cb4765708fc4607bd9e64e85d4ee00a00bf4064f6f7.jpg (255x253, 13K)

>Built on scope = shoot over long distances
faggot - scopes enhance target ID and precision.
in a city you don't need to shoot that far, but you might want to shoot through holes or a crack in the blinds or something.
Scopes are also much better in low light because the lenses gather more light. NODS are better still, but a simple 4x is actually a huge improvement over irons at dusk

the VSS is perfect for what it is and anybody who doesn't understand it is wrong

Attached: gun.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

I have one vaguely similar.
Mine is for busting chicken thieves at up to 150Y. One must be dead on with the drop-table for subsonic 300 BLK, but it works.

Attached: IMG_4112.jpg (2000x1046, 1.01M)

its a combat rifle not a sniper rifle

Attached: C1744469-D352-4106-93A7-AB4CBE60F3FB.jpg (533x399, 52K)

STALKER. Once you understand bullet drop, monolith niggers will be dropping too.

it's a sniper rifle.
Sure, it carries a few SMG qualities, but the gun is for people smart enough to realize that an 8kg 2m rifle that is accurate to 200m means nothing, if they're going to watch you set up and get the first shot off on you.
In dense city, the max shot is only 150m anyway.
The average swat sniper shot is only 67m in the first place.
the VSS is a weapon that would be useful for snipers who understand the reality of city operation

Above and beyond that, it's quiet enough to confuse anybody trying to find you.

>200m
> 2000m
what's the difference anyway

>that handguard
my eyes

Mid-range assassination weapon. The comination of sub-sonic ammo and integrated silencer means you're damn near invisible when firing.

Killing sentries

The North American Law Enforcement sniper/sharpshooter kill length record is 150m.

>less barrel with rails = less bullet rotation = huge drop
so noguns
much wow

>Most of the barrel is a silencer = less barrel with rails = less bullet rotation = huge drop
uh
what
are you ten or british?

oh I get it, you're an airsoft fag
rifling is nothing like rubber teat "hop up" in plastic gun

To shoot things. Calm down, rainman.

Wow. Amerifats can't shoot.

It’s a compact sniper used by the Russian spec-ops. It gets the job done for stealth killing, and it’s size is meant to be put inside a fitted briefcase.

God forbid it doesn’t meet the loud, elephant-stopping power of your particular weapon standards, OP. I’m pretty sure the manufacturers of the VSS knew what they were making.

The silencer isnt even good too. Its just 3 washers spaced apart lol.

>tfw you’ll never own a VSS

>tfw you’ll never own a semi-auto AS-VAL
it's okay bro, we're gonna make it one day

how dare you insult TKsB of muzzle muffler
gulag now
they are three washers, but at precise angles that master dimitri came up with while drunk

observe

Attached: vss.jpg (564x352, 35K)

It works pretty well though and the rifle is reported to become dirty very fast so that's useful for cleaning.

>The average swat sniper shot is only 67m in the first place.
oh great, one of YOU people

>The North American Law Enforcement sniper/sharpshooter
Law Enforcement sniper/sharpshooter
Law Enforcement

(READ: POLICE)

tard

Easy there, user. He doesn't understand the idea of shooting when someone else tells you yo, either. Or of shooting when you're tired. Or when it's dark. Or rainy. Or being precise at that moment.

Well the AS VAL is just an upgraded version of the VSS. Which was in BFBC2. Maybe he got confused because BF3 has a VAL in it.

Post guns faggot

I think it's supposed to fill in some kind of urban sniper role. You take a really quiet shot under 300m, then just walk away without anybody knowing where the shot came from.

Garry's mod, this one guy made a super customizable VSS but its fucking broken
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954948111

its effective in cooling that big ass integral suppressor, besides, I like it.

Essa arma ai na verdade e pequenininha

I kind of like it. Wouldn't you be better off with a lower power scope though?

4x is pretty low in the grand scheme of things.

Given that 97% of the time I'm busting paper targets at 100 or 150Y or occasionally slapping steel at 150, I'm OK with the 3-15x scope. Its enough magnification that I can see my hits on paper.
The 3% of the time I'm pointing at a possum or raccoon, I can dial it down as needed. Never felt the need to drop to 1x and if the need arises I'll use something else. I don't run around and shoot targets or do any competition, wish I had the time but I don't.

This is bait, but whatever.
>Built on scope = shoot over long distances
First of all, the scopes aren't built on you retard, they are mounted on the side of the receiver via a combloc-type dovetail mount. Second, the type of scope you use with the VSS is a PSO-1-1, which is a ~4-power magnified optic which allows you to accurately place shots within the effective range of the gun. Think of it as any other type of combat magnified optic
>Subsonic ammo = huge drop for long distances
And the weapon is used accordingly. It is designed for noiseless and muzzle flash-less fire in urban combat scenarios. You aren't going to be using the VSS in situations where you're going to have to shoot at a high value target a kilometer away. There are other weapons for that
>Most of the barrel is a silencer = less barrel with rails = less bullet rotation = huge drop
What did the noguns mean by this? Again, you're going on about the huge drop like a retard, when it is obvious that you cannot grasp the use-case the weapon was designed for. The VSS and the ammo it is chambered for were developed for covert, accurate fire at close distances. The "drop" is a conscious compromise because the weapon is designed for a particular use-case that other weapons in the Soviet military's catalogue couldn't fulfill.
>Wrong combination for a sniper rifle.
Must be why the Russians still widely use everything in 9x39 save maybe for the Groza and are still developing new weapons around subsonic cartridges, huh.
>They really should change it to a sub-machinegun configuration and remove the scope.
How do you make something into a submachinegun, if it is chambered for an intermediate cartridge? Come on man, just go back to /v/ or whatever.

Attached: 70be8631cdfb499481bb2d65b150b4c2.png (498x501, 74K)

"""Urban sniping"""

Attached: kebab remover.png (768x990, 857K)

t. nogunz retard

I bet you have a sub-80 IQ

Just how useful is killing sentry? One sentry fails to respond to radio check -> whole base goes on alert, or worse, whole base goes on silent alert so you don't even know if they know.

Wait, why even bother with sentry when drones can do the same? One drone disconnects from network -> swarm goes to last known location and searches in all spectrum.

Why bother. Just bomb the place.

>Just how useful is killing sentry?
Killing the sentry allows you to get in where he was guarding. By the time alarm is raised, you're inside the perimeter and its hard to effectively repel a foe who has already routed you. Its not about silly totally silent mission impossible shit, its about gaining the advantage before the shooting starts.
>Wait, why even bother with sentry when drones can do the same?
Drones weren't a thing in 1985 Russia, or either Chechen war.

God vss's and vals give me the hardest of hard ons.