What does Jow Forums think of the FAL I'm not to knowledgeable on them but was thinking about getting one

What does Jow Forums think of the FAL I'm not to knowledgeable on them but was thinking about getting one.

Attached: FN-FAL_belgian.jpeg.jpg (1920x446, 59K)

Attached: 1928659846567.gif (200x200, 589K)

Attached: 1535124545688.png (720x782, 617K)

Meh tier accurate battle rifles from the cold war. They've got the aesthetics and an interesting history. About it.

Looks like I'm getting a fal

ugly but nice, like your mom

They hold up just as good as an AR15, G3 or AKM, all designs of which are as old as your grandpa. Take that for what you will when SCARs, XCR-Ms, and MDRs exist at x2-3 times the cost. I'll get one before an AR10 fur shur; T48 was cheated. DSA SA58s are metric, Austrian based and breddy good. You can find them on gunbroker from $800-$1200, even para models. I'm gonna get one towards the end of next year.

Attached: f1bcf6205c9dde4b44cb62d5bb1e334d.jpg (2880x1800, 550K)

I like mine, imbel parts kit.

Attached: 1561592992651m.jpg (577x1024, 112K)

DO NOT GET A FAL WITH A CAST RECEIVER. Aka all post 2016 DS Arms FALs

It's gay as fuck.
Get a G3A3 instead.

Boomers bought them all up and turned them into abortions or safe queens. They were cool when everyone was all gay for the bush war, but the g3 is a better gun overall. (They also used g3s in the bush war).

Just get a PTR91 and hope you don't end up with a shit QC one.

There's also AR10s. Those are a viable battle rifle, but it comes down to whether you want accuracy or something robust. It's pretty much AK vs AR with the G3 being the AK and AR being itself.

they're super well handling and fun to shoot

Attached: loooong.jpg (3692x2184, 3.77M)

I think its just the Voyagers. The line should still be SA58 non-cast. Either way old LMT, Imbel, FMAP or a factory import are absolutely superior, but lack a factory warranty.

>A3
Rookie mistake. Wood is good.

>
>when everyone was all gay for the bush war
Still are desu.

>T48 was cheated
Yeah but adopting the M14 was the straw that finally got Springfield axed. Also why we have the AR platform now.

Attached: L1A1.jpg (692x1024, 133K)

all DSA receivers are cast now. That being said there is literally nothing wrong with cast FAL receivers. You can easily find an old forged receiver or a gun built on one if you look, but expect to pay top dollar for it.

>he got a rhodie one
how? Those things are damn near impossible to find. I really, REALLY want one of those auto-5s the rhodies used for security.

They're completely shit famalam, especially pre-ban FN FALs

Attached: DSC_0207.jpg (1620x1080, 357K)

I have a pretty decently large collection of Rhodesian FAL parts, the furniture on that particular rifle was from a Rhodesian parts kit I bought. Rhodesian parts pop up on various websites periodically, the easiest way to find it is to browse or post on FALfiles.

Such a beautiful rifle

did you put it together yourself? I have been thinking about picking up a parts kit but i don't know the first thing about putting one together.

That pic is so cringey. Skinny men are hilarious/gross.

>Those things are damn near impossible to find.
because some fatass bought all of them up

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 88K)

t. fat fuck with gravy for blood

Cool rifles. A bit heavy, but all battlerifles are a bit heavy, you get used to it.
You shoot the thing, and it feels just, I don't know how to say it, you just feel how powerful it is, twenty rounds of high powered thirty caliber.
Feels slightly nicer than a G3, though those are also good.

I actually really like the design and look of the XCR rifles, I need to get one.

Here's a better idea, OP should get a FAL, then he should later get a PTR91 because those are cool as fuck too.

I have heard they require some amount of hand fitting to put together from a parts kit. You can't just slap them together like an ar15

Do it man. I managed to get a German G1 kit, 2 Type 3 receivers, an Argentinian barrel witch gas block, and a slew of other stuff for $250 last Friday.

I'm in the same boat here. Local store has a worn Century FAL for $1k, and I wanted to bite. but I think I could get a better battle rifle for my money at that cost. Plus, a grand for an abused Century is questionably high at best.