Bros, how do I get the confidence to leave my shotgun magtube loaded when I am at home...

Bros, how do I get the confidence to leave my shotgun magtube loaded when I am at home? I know the gun can't go off with it in cruzer ready without a round chambered and on safe but it makes me a bit nervous and this is my first gun. I'll be going to the range for the first time this week (hopefully after my order of slugs gets here). But just having the mag tube loaded bothers me a little

Attached: ek%208-4-15%20013_0.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Itll go away with time
If you want, just put 1 round in the tube. Keep it there for a week. Then load another, wait a week, and so on

Just don't shoot a shotgun in your house. It's the easiest thing in the world. I do it every day.

Uhhhhhhhhhh nigger what?

Then get a side saddle and put some shells in it. Store the shotgun with the pump all the way back to the receiver so the ejection port is open. If you need it in a hurry you just have to pull a round from the side saddle, putt it in the ejection port, and slide the pump forward. If the threat isn't immediate then use that time to load the rest of the magazine.

Here's the thing as long as the shotgun is out of sight it's out of mind I personally would recommend getting a gun rack and putting it between your bead head and the wall that's what I do . Keep it loaded the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around in the dark in your night stand for a few shells to jam in it when you are being home invaded..... Australia here btw. Also home invasions happen every night were I live. Melbourne is gone

I am confused. Do you think the shells are going to go off in the tube or something? Do you have kids who like to play with your guns?

Attached: 1562566066361.jpg (399x382, 66K)

I think I will try this

I do have to get a side saddle. I have a box of shells right next to the gun right now

No guns detected.

I live alone and know there is no way the shells will go off. This isn't like a rational fear, it is like one of those weird things you freak out about for no real reason

You're not a heavy drinker are you?

>I know the gun can't go off with it in cruzer ready without a round chambered and on safe
Why even bother with that? Are you planning on crashing your house at 55mph?

It's kind of Normal man don't stress. Buy a ammunition belt sling for your gun put some shell's in it that way your ammunition is with you gun.

One in the tube is functionally the same as a fully loaded gun in the case of a mistake. If you're really worried about it buy some snap caps and get used to treating them as live shells.

>It's kind of Normal man don't stress
For fags, maybe.

Had my first nd the other day so NIGGER DONT LOAD IT OR IT WILL GO OFF AND KILL SOMEONE WHEN YOUR GONE AND YOU WILL GO TO PRISON FOR EVER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LOAD YOUR GUN EVER

eh sometimes. I can always just put a lock on my case incase I was getting really shit faced.

aren't shotguns not drop safe?

I have those too. What do you suggest doing with them?

>just put 1 round in the tube. Keep it there for a week. Then load another, wait a week, and so on
kek

Attached: 1511738813772.jpg (299x168, 9K)

this

>aren't shotguns not drop safe?
Drop safety is only really a concern with handguns. Their smaller, lighter, more fragile parts means that the forces experienced when dropped are much more likely to result in the gun firing unless it was specifically designed not to.

I keep my shockwave loaded with one Ilin the chamber and the safety on under my pillow. How the fuck are you gonna blast intruders if you have to rack the pump and warn them that your armed?

By pulling the trigger. I can see the door and all the windows of my apartment from my bed if I don't close the bedroom door

You need to understand the specific nature of the firing pin and the primer. A very careful action needs to occur for your fear to be realized. Having a round sitting in the chamber is much more a practical fear, since the primer is at a practical risk of being struck by the firing pin.

But if they go off in the magazine tube get a priest or a pest exterminator because you have goblins or demons crawling up your mag tube and poking your shells with nails

Attached: thefirstchechenwar001-3.jpg (800x554, 292K)

I know it won't go off in the tube. This isn't a rational fear.

get one of these

blocks the action from closing, and you can still fit a shell on the lifter

Yank the plug, slide it forward and hit the safety and you're ready to rock.

You'll get used to it
Or go to the range and load just the tube and pull the trigger while you're shouldered

>unchambered
>scared
it's fine. They are also not drop safe and you're storing it correctly.

please just shut up.

pic?

Don't be such a faggot.

Attached: 1518970858205.jpg (2356x2156, 737K)

Ok retard

I decided against carrying a handgun with one in the chamber. I’m same boat as OP, new to guns and just afraid of the “what if’s.” Should I just get over it? I constantly plan ahead and run through every scenario and sometimes second guess myself.

You should train so instinctively you don't touch the trigger until you are ready to take a shot. You should buy a holster that doesn't rely on you applying pressure near the trigger on the draw.

Racking a slide is a rather complex to handed action that can heal your focus or concentration, and takes precious time. Don't be a retard and carry a 1911 condition 1, but if it's a modern pistol you should absolutely be carrying with one in the chamber.

Just set them right beside it until you trust your trigger discipline

Hey thanks that’s good advice man. So should it be a full sized glock or should I get an ak pistol and kill two birds with one stone? I know that isn’t concealable but then I could get an mp shield for the carry gun.

>Don't be a retard and carry a 1911 condition 1
You realize the 1911 it's designed to be carried that way right?

Learn how cartridges work. When chambered, if they should explode they have nowhere to go except out the front. The mag tube is open though. If somehow one of them went off, the worst that would happen is it sounds like a loud firecracker.

Don't listen to that retard . He's too stupid to know how a manual safety works. 1911s are the safest pistol to carry. They have 3 safeties.

good advice

this is the best advice itt. it’s how I got used to ad

OP even says he know the gun won't go off

You're right, I'm retarded and meant condition 0

Cuckkkk