What is the shittiest war ever fought from the

What is the shittiest war ever fought from the
point of view of the average soldier. If the Jow Forumsube basically told you he'd send you back in time into any war of his choosing, which would be the one that you would immediately hope with all your heart he wouldn't pick?

Attached: Campfire songs.jpg (1280x921, 328K)

WW1, why is this a question?

renaissance pike warfare

Attached: pikes.jpg (778x598, 234K)

WWII on the Eastern Front.

You don't just not want to go to any war ever heathen

It's a question because you're wrong, and so is everyone else that doesn't say Chechnya

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-16-20-04-27.png (1440x3120, 590K)

cool, please tell me how many 1000's of men died every day in that one

Every war is bad to be a soldier in.

Iran-Iraq War seems terrible.

Iran-Iraq for sure, even makes WW1 look civilized

gee thats some real carnage

Quality over quantity, many men in WW1 were killed instantly or even quickly by artillery or snipers.

Russian troops were sent into battle with blood stained equipment picked off the bodies of the men they were replacing. When they weren't fighting, they were getting beaten, raped, or robbed by senior soldiers. What a fucking nightmare

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29-19-35-23.png (1440x3120, 604K)

Literally all that and more happened in ww1. Men got stuck in mud sank and drowned over the course of days because there was nothing anyone could do about it. Chechnya was nowhere near the worst you gopnik wannabe.

the war at home

Attached: swat pepe.jpg (458x429, 22K)

Not if you're on the winning side. US suffers more attrition from people being POG'd than it does sending them out in the field, to the point that troops will jump at the opportunity.

Now, shit creek starts pouring in, like Nam'...

The American Civil War.

You're not walking away from the battles without getting maimed or killed unless you're extraordinarily lucky.

Attached: The Battle of Franklin - Patrick Cleburne - Charge.jpg (2048x1369, 431K)

I'm a gopnik because I think the combination of Russian incompetence, their innate aggressive nigger like behavior, and durka durka ruski mountain niggers made a horrendous meat grinder that sounds like a SAW movie?

You're a stupid turd. Russia is a cesspool populated by retards. I'm not saying
>Russia id strung!
>they got btfo by backwoods polygamous child fuckers in their own backyard
>best War in world

this
nightmare tier

probably something medieval, Western front of WW1, Eastern front of WW2, or Iran-Iraq War.

Literally anything before Vietnam. Without air mobility being in the infantry was hell on earth from the moment you showed up to the front line.

Maybe the Cartel Wars?

In WWI you're probably just going to get shelled til you've lost your mind then get machine gunned when you're forced to go over the top.

In WWII on the eastern front you're probably going to lose all your toes and eventually be zerg rushed by Russians.

But in the Cartel War, if you're captured alive, they're going to do the most sick twisted fucked up shit they possibly can to you, and they're going to film it as a warning to your friends.

Even the Japanese vivisecting US airmen alive has nothing on what the cartels do.

WW1 was an order of magnitude more worse than Chechnya. As a russian conscript in Chechnya, you had a few periods of very dangerous situations, but you were facing a years deployment TOPS, and the russians had a casualty rate at around 5%.

WW1 on the western front was literal hell and is the closest mankind will ever come to recreating hell on earth, especially for the German recruits. Go read all quiet on the western front. Completely demolished my jingoistic "god i wish there was a war I could enlist for" bullshit I used to think.

The latest Sino-Japanese War, at least for the Chinaman

Tribal Warfare. Everything and everyone you love will either be killed, raped, or enslaved.

>a shelling begins while you're charging in Verdun, jump into a crater made by another blast
>Filled with 3 feet of water, more than plenty enough to drown the injured men who collapsed in the hole before you.
>start digging in an entrenchment into the crater to protect against shrapnel and being spotted by Krauts
>hit bones
>it's the half-decomposed arm of a soldier you knew from the last wave who had to go over the top.
>digging continues
>more and more bones, each set more decomposed and broken than the previous
>it dawns on you you aren't the first soldier to take cover in this hole, there's been dozens before you, and there will be dozens to come ahead of you. German, French, it didn't matter. You're the next meal of the Shell Crater, and a week later some random kraut will fall into the same crater and think "thank god I found this cover, I'm so lucky"

Imagine the smell

Attached: 20-000-30-000-civilians-were-eaten-decisive-tang-strategic-victory-https-en-wikipedia-org-wiki-battl (500x429, 97K)

>what is the shittiest war ever fought from the point of view of the average soldier
The one where You do for no reason at all

Also the guy shooting you could be your brother.

The Aztecs never went anywhere, that's why.

>At this time, Zhang Xun took his concubine out and killed her in front of his soldiers in order to feed them. He said, "You have been working hard at protecting this city for the country wholeheartedly. Your loyalty is uncompromised despite the long-lasting hunger. Since I can't cut out my own flesh to feed you, how can I keep this woman and just ignore the dangerous situation?"
At least they won in the end. They didn't even have that when the mongols came around some few hundred years later.

Probably the Thirty Years War.

Attached: 1559471224344.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Napoleon's retreat from Russia

WW1, getting your Lungs melted, rotting alive in the trenches, freezing and starving to death, literally drowning in mud.
Burned alive by Flammenwerfers.

Chechnya, see below beeing gutted and tortured like an animal by mudskins, raped and mistreated by superiors and seniors.

WW2 Eastern front, freezing starving to death, beeing sorrounded and beeing sent on suicide missions to desperatly try to get out a few houra for the rest, may the 5th. SS division rest in peace.
Also beeing a soviet there, if you don't run into that MG42 fire, Commisor blyatlof will shoot your shit dead.

Any medieval and earlier combat.
Literally butchering eachother up with anything from swords, spears, javelins, bows, axes whatever.

The Iran Iraq war because WW1 with cold war stuff.

Vietnam because fuck jungles.
Ilnnesses, consfant heat and humidity, jungle rats that build awfully cruel traps, beeing a tunnelr at etc.

The 39 years war as a german peasant.
If you survived, the swedes would force feed your shit and piss (google schwedentrunk)

The 30 years war,

Like in most civil wars, there are accounts of fathers killing their sons and the other way around in the spanish civil war. Tragic.

The Australian Emu wars. Would not with that even upon a kikeniggerfaggot.

Attached: 1553507533878.jpg (1000x707, 376K)

They used to literally call that kind of pike snarl "Badwar".

Continuation War.
Any war where you have to eat your own officers is probably a bad war to be in.

Attached: azkOqRcw2D0.jpg (980x637, 180K)

>All Quiet on the Western Front
>not the superior Storm of Steel

Attached: 51j72OwAX-L.jpg (500x480, 54K)

ww1 or this. Stalingrad sounds like it was hell and Leningrad sounds like it was hell for almost 2.5 years

All these extended pinkie-finger wypipo wars have nothing on your standard Sub-Saharan chimpout.

Attached: 0-boy-rebels-corbis-0000280792-038-900-613-572820.jpg (900x613, 136K)

I think you meant to type "The War of Northern Aggression"

Wouldn't want people thinking you're some kind of Yankee faggot. No need to thank me.

War in winter is pretty shit.
Imagine being russian and being killed by sniper if you make fire and freezing to death, starving in motti and piling your dead on top of trenches to get more cover.
As prisoner having three to one chance of survival.
And when found wounded, spurdos just pile you on top of each other on car platform while people bellow suffocate

Which african genoside had over million people killed with machetes?

Back in nam i called in napalm on a villages because those gooks had them suspicions eyes and its apparently a "war crime" and im being "court marshaled"

Attached: nam.jpg (800x450, 57K)

The Rwandan one.

Dude has a point. Rwanda/Burundi, Congo, Angola etc. must have been absolute hellholes as well in their prime times. Don't know if they were as bad as the meat grinding world wars though.

I meant 1/3 russians survived our camps

cringe post

Chechnya was pretty bad and aesthetic as well, but at least a conscript would be literate. WW1 Russia was on constant brink of collapse and barring successes like Brusilovs Offensive (which still had a high casualty rate) things were going pretty bad and just about everyone had a murderboner towards the Tsar regardless if they were White or Red. Chechnya on the other hand was bad because the government at the time wanted to put the smack on some far east goat fuckers and show the world still means business and catastrophically failing multiple times along the way for multiple reasons.

The Pacific War seemed pretty shit for the front line infantryman

Attached: C8EE6CD4-EA7E-43E7-8CE0-0E7B6CF26DB0.jpg (964x929, 191K)

kek deshumanizing the ennemy through propaganda. This is absolutely not the 1000th time it hapens

I might have the stupid because I meant 1/3 died and 2/3 survived

So you say the aloha snackbars dont like to slaughter and torture their prisoners in the name of god?

This. Iran - Iraq was pretty bad.

the 30 years war, it put a major dent in the entire population of europe and has been described as the first superpower war

Daily reminder that traitors should hang

Isn't WW1 the correct answer?

Attached: tooty fruity rudy.gif (350x197, 1.69M)

>>Isn't WW1 the correct answer?

That depends. The Jow Forumsube could send you to East Africa with Simson's Circus and you could enjoy a few leisurely years on safari.

Attached: Spicer-SimsononLakeTanganyika.png (480x222, 179K)

Probably some pre-modern war when a decent cut would 9 times out of 10 need amputating.

Taiping Rebellion from either chinese perspective. Though you were better off as a soldier than a civilian.

the falklands.
>but muh ww1
hear me out now.
ww1 is arguably the most significant moment in human history. Even just as a soldier it is meaningful to have participated.

the falklands is arguably the most insignificant moment in human history. a dead empire fights over an uninhabitable speck of rock off the coast of Antarctica against some dirty rock farming peasants with artillery.
You sail there on a fucking cruise ship.
You land d day style and ruck for miles.
The helicopters you were promised get sent to the bottom of the ocean by the rock peasants.
You walk until you're about to die.
Then you start getting sniped by the rock peasants.
And they shoot to wound so that they can shoot anyone who tries to help.
You're forced to sit behind cover and listen to your dying friends plead and beg with you for help, screaming and moaning for hours as they slowly die.
There is no air support.
Then you get shelled by the rock peasants, again and again.
Your rifles are terrible. Your gear is terrible. You are wet and freezing.

And for what? It served no purpose. Vietnam was about the cold war, Korea about the cold war, chechnya about islamic terrorism and saving Russian lives, Iraq 1 about stopping an invasion, Iran Iraq about regional power.
Every other conflict had a purpose to squeeze out of it. Something bigger you could say you fought for and take pride in even. But the falklands was a shameful ordeal that served no purpose.

Going by that logic, pick some meaningless war between two meaningless irrelevant tribes in the premodern period

Not that guy but by his logic that might be less embarrassing since both tribes would probably be more equivalent in prestige and power, even if one vastly outclasses the other, than the difference between bongland and Argentina. Maybe I'm misunderstanding his point though.

even then that was at least relevant to that tribes survival or supremacy.
there was nothing at stake over the falklands. It didn't matter who possessed it to either country's way of life, resource pool, economy. It was just international dick swinging but since the iron cunt didn't have a dick she didn't understand what was happening.

Southerners are the discord tranners of Jow Forums

Attached: 1541503123229.png (1022x731, 643K)

Iran Iraq
>Take WW1 trench warfare and add:
>Child soldiers
>Suicide attacks
>Rocket artillery
>Automatic weapons for every soldier
>Helicopter duels
>Burning oil fields (mmmm cancer)
>Sunken and burning oil tankers
>threat of nuclear annhilation
>NBC gear in the desert
>Electrified swamps
>Motorcycle cavalry
>8 years long, not 4

Pretty sure it was the Eastern Front in WW2.

Attached: German-machine-gunner.jpg (588x800, 177K)

>And for what? It served no purpose.

The Falklands War had plenty of purpose.

-A democratic nation defending its territory against from an act of aggression by a military dictatorship is a self-evidently good purpose.

-Cold War politics factored into the Falklands War as much as any other - Argentina was a regional US anticommunist ally and that had a part to play in the lead-up to and conduct of the war.

-Any Septic who sneers that the Falklands were 'insignificant rocks' is a liar and a hypocrite. Say for instance that a country occupied the US Virgin Islands. They're a tiny clutch of hurricane-pounded lumps with no strategic value but any Yank who claims that they would just shrug their shoulders and say "eh, let them have it, it doesn't matter" and not be raging that sovereign UNITED STATES SEMPER FI WASHINGTON CROSSING THE DELAWARE THESE COLORS DON'T RUN BLLLLLLAAARRRGGHHH soil was being profaned by foreigners is flat wrong.

-Margaret Thatcher was deeply unpopular in 1982 and definitely was going to lose the next British election but the "Falklands Factor" turned things around and helped her win it and continue with her transformative programme for the British economy for the next decade. Whether you approve or disapprove of her policies is besides the point, the Falklands War had massive continent-changing consequences.

-More generally and culturally, the Falklands War gave the UK her pride back. It dispelled the depressing, dispiriting clouds of defeatism that had encumbered the country since Eisenhower fucked her over in Suez. It ended the policy of "managed decline" which had been the presumption for thirty years, and made the country and its people more vigorous, assertive and confident. The Eighties would have been very different without it.

Attached: Defence_Imagery_-_45149908_-_HMS_Invincible_returning_home-1-750x350.jpg (750x350, 81K)

>Way down south in the land of traitors, rattlesnakes and alligators

Discord trannies are the discord trannies of Jow Forums

I am in the capitol of the confederacy and you are actually retarded. Quit sperging out like a fucking faggot.

>-Cold War politics factored into the Falklands War as much as any other - Argentina was a regional US anticommunist ally and that had a part to play in the lead-up to and conduct of the war.

And the good relationship between Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan had a big impact on the later Cold War too.

If Thatcher had been kicked out in 1983/4, she would have been replaced as UK Prime Minister by Michael Foot - an actual card-carrying communist and KGB informant whose election manifesto included withdrawing the UK from NATO. The Falklands War had a big impact from that alone.

Attached: 16728185_303.jpg (700x394, 49K)

You're absolutely.

Beyond Russian incompetence and brutality in prosecuting this war as a result of incompetence and unsophistication of its tactics and weapon systems, you might get the impression that it was a dirty, messy war.

But Chechnya was absolutely a minor policing operation mostly low intensity, small unit skrimishes.

There are battles from WW2 that don't even have official names, that were bloodier and more cruel than the whole war in Chechnya.

You illiterate Jow Forums niggers should really pick up a book one of these days.

Attached: 1540056782133.jpg (1500x965, 176K)

Also this.

The Japs were absolute insectoid Hive ant creatures that had to be destroyed, one by one in their holes.

I generally think the US forces in Europe were a bunch of pansies that experienced vacation like conditions, but I do respect the Marines, they saw Eastern Front tier vicious combat.

WWI was pretty comfy believe it or not. The Brits and Krauts had a truce during Christmas and even went and did things like play soccer (or football for Eurofags in the thread) and talked about their homes and families and stuff like that.

Attached: 102BBA7F-5275-4CB4-8830-958882F7B80A.jpg (1119x750, 422K)

Shit like that happened even in ww2.
I remember some document mentioning that in alps different sides had even tunnels connecting them to each other and they mostly preferred not to war, at some point and some place.

What book?

> D Day
> vacation
Bruh.

That's like one section of a landing area, where a few units got absolutely DABBED on by the defenders, so less than 1% of all the forces involved.

Plus unlimited supplies and aerial cover and naval bombardment available, yes, the Western front was a picnic.

Both sides lost so many good man in ww1 and ww2. Whalt could've been if we all worked together against the real enemy in the south. Everything under europe, usa and russia should be encircled by a tall wall.

We could've send raid partys to get the recources of these shitholes...would've been glorious.

Attached: 1516880459194.png (512x548, 163K)

Honestly the level of destruction in WW2 is fucking astounding. Theres still regular uxo calls from excavations, if you travel around Europe, you'll constantly hear people say "oh yes this whole area of the city was destroyed and rebuilt after the war", berlin still feels like a broken city on some levels. It was absurdly indiscriminate and all encompassing, it's kind of impressive

But the virgin islands are a worldwide asset, it's where all the pedophiles go on fuckparties and rituals

Attached: Jeffrey-Epstein-Little-St-James-Island-Additional-Photos-1.png (610x405, 348K)

The intensity and scale of combat on the Eastern Front was (as one Soviet field officer during the Battle of Kursk put it) "beyond human comprehension".

In terms of destruction, we've seen or heard almost nothing from the siege of Konigsberg, or the battle of Danzig, or the destruction of East Prussia.

Everyone just knows the meme battles like Stalingrad because the Hollywood Kikes put them into film.

This thread is so fucking retarded. If you actually think there is such a thing as the worst war you need to go back. It is like asking what is the best gun in the world or what is the best song. Every war is bad in different ways. Some have a lot of people killed, some have people killed in worse ways, some have bad environment to fight in e.t.c.

What a shitty post

Redpill me on Iran-Iraq.

>War is hell
vs
>War is totally fucked up, it's awesome

Muslims man, they act like fucking Japs.

140 of my ancestors fought against eachother in that war half that number made it out.

True that there is many just as large or even larger battles than stalingrad fallen to oblivion.
Battle of narva was pretty big battle in estonia leaving over 480,000 casualties on soviet side and fifth of that dead

We should have killed all the Prots man

>behold the only fact I know about WWI, because it was on imgur once. for a few hours they stopped shooting each other once in 4 years.

>Stalingrad
>meme battle
?

One of my professors described it as an "Orgy of violence."

Attached: western_vs_eastern_front.jpg (720x432, 61K)

Enemy at the Gates and all the COD shooters inspired by the film made it a meme battle.

Recommend reading Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer for a taste from the trenches.

The guy alone witnessed thousands of people get literally destroyed. Their bodies being ripped up.

Attached: Forgotten_Soldier.jpg (256x389, 21K)

t. sandnig