Why is modern hunting so garbage?

Basically continuation of this thread Every modern hunting club is filled with people who are on a different terrestrial plane.

These fudds bait their entire field with GMO corn, then harass people who use more effective alternatives.

> "Its about the hunting experience"

Nigga what, you sit in a blind on a fenced property, that some millionaire leases to your club, that is artificially populated with deer,an animal that never evolved beyond simple wolf prey, and relies purely on subconscious reactions
in a near laboratory environment cleared from any branches with a .270 Magnum less than 100 yards with a 4x Scope that lets the deer walk for a second before its nervous system collapses.

Then they talk shit about fair hunting.

>Lights = unfair
>IR = unfair
>NV = unfair

when you are wearing full camo, while already in a blind, while using a spray that masks your scent, aka the only advantage the deer have
using calls, rattling your antlers

I love deer sausage, but holy shit. Deer hunting has to be the most cancerous sport.

So here is my question Jow Forums, at what point in the 20th century did it turn to shit?

Mid 60s? 70s?, it was surely retarded by the 90s

Deer hunting used to be about the most efficient way to collect deer meat

Attached: deer.jpg (750x750, 65K)

why did you start a new thread. do you actually think every single hunter does all the shit you’re bitching about?

Sports purists are retards in general. If you don't like how other people practice something, if it doesn't effect you, just do it the way you like it and let other people do their own thing. The zeitgeist I hate most in modern society is that everyone feels the need to stick their noses in other people's business and make a big deal about it, acting all judgy about it as if their problem isn't based on a fundamental difference of subjective opinion. Everyone who disagrees with someone else needs to pretend they grok their essence and find them cosmically lacking. Fuck that garbage.

I've never heard if a hunting club, except in Eurostar
.270 magnums are rare in the hunting world
Are you retarded? Or just garbage?

I see deer literally every day of my life. They are so stupid I cant see how you could give yourself much of a crutch while hunting them. Your biggest hurdle will be just chancing into a big buck but if you are desperate for food, finding an older doe or a young buck is insanely easy. At least where I live. I had one eating my tomatoes once and I came out of the house clapping my hands at it and almost got close enough to punch the fucker before it even realized I was there and ran off.

One of the reasons why hunting isn’t as popular as it used to be or could be is because of dumbass fudds who try talking shit on any new potential hunter who may actually want to do something more than taking potshots from some tower and maybe getting a buck after a days worth of standing around like a damn idiot, not to mention all of the fees involved.
Let me guess, PA? No one killing the bastards is why the tick population blew up in the Northeast.

Bro your experience doesn't exist because it doesn't conform to my standards
Also
>private land
your fault for being in a faggot state

hunting isn't as popular as it used to be for the same reason retards think it's a good idea to import millions of subhumans and give them free shit.

>why would you want a big, gas-guzzling truck?
>WHAT?! to put a DEAD ANIMAL IN IT?
>THAT YOU KILLED YOURSELF??
>fucking psycho, don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again

Attached: 1559223356555.jpg (1200x796, 239K)

>Hunting club

>I almost got close enough to punch it before it realized I was there
Deer are fucking stupid, I chase them from my apple trees all the time, half the time I have to slap them on the ass to get them to realize
>oh shit time to leave

disclaimer, I've never been hunting.

But from where I'm standing hunting say an elk or deer with a rifle sounds boring.
I'm much more attracted to bow hunting.
Rifle hunting seems like you're really just wandering around the woodseses hoping to come across something to shoot. And unless you're an absolute garbage shot, if you see something that doesn't see or smell you, you ought to have a successful hunt.
Bow hunting on the other hand requires getting close, and all manner of other skills to even have a chance at taking a shot. Unless you're sittin on a cock cause you're gay up in the trees again waiting for dumb luck to bring you something to shoot.

Wandering aimlessly won't do any good even with dogs.

>Hunting Clubs
Idk about the rest of the world but where I’m from it’s usually five guys who pulled together some cash to buy a shit ton of land just to all Hunt their own little corridor

desu hunting is pretty retarded. especially when you're talking about big game where it's just some fat fuck nailing an animal 200-300 years away with a scoped rifle. the animal never stood a chance.

They are a lot more skidish during hunting season. But, yeah, they are still easy to kill.
Like giant rats.

>wandering around the woodseses hoping to come across something to shoot
You should try that and tell us how well you do.

Fudds think every new idea is garbage.
>Ask if ar would make good deer gun
No
>Ask if tokarev svt-40 or mosin nagant would make good deer gun
Yes

>participating in a hunting club
>leasing land instead of using public
>being that guy that baits
There are people as op and anons are describing, unfortunately a sizable amount but it's your choice how you want to go about hunting.
My favorite kind of hunting is western/mountain hunting involving spot and stalk. It's much more physically demanding and if youre not in shape youre going to have a bad time. The fat people who hunt those areas have to road hunt out of quads or trucks and drive up and down roads until they get lucky and are less successful.
To be fair, with eastern hunting you use a blind or treestand if you want any kind of success. Stalking isnt really an option but baiting is just lazy.

animals are much more skittish in places with hunting pressure. it's different than a park.

Waterfowl chads assemble

Never been hunting, but why would stalking work in one area and not another? To much vegetation making noise?

Predator pressure, terrain, vegetation, laws restricting some types of hunting. Things can change drastically from one place to another.

You know you dont know anything about hunting, and yet you give your utterly retarded opinion anyway. Why?

>only 4x scope
All the boomers at my sportsmans club couldn't hit a building standing on a street in Manhattan unless they had at least 36x
Most of the guys sighting in rifles when I go to shoot could see the individual blood cells in the buck's heart valves

>implying hunters walk anywhere
It's literally sitting in a tree for 9 hours hoping something walks near you
I could not think of a more nauseatingly boring way to waste a day, I would rather just jerk off all day.

there are hordes of deer outside my house every day. sometimes they come and sit on our back deck. I could literally walk up to one and slit its throat. i dont because hunting is cringe if grocery stores are still operational.

>To much vegetation making nois
Yes and covering the game from being seen. An over simplified description of each trying to use stalk
West:
>climb mountain with all gear
>"glass" mountain sides (set up spotting scopes and search for an hour or so)
>if you dont see anything repeat on next mountain
>maybe you find well used trails, lots of elk shit, mentally mark area as a choice spot to sit and wait later on or look back on from next spot
>spot game animal of acceptable size either by moving to next mountain and glassing or sitting and waiting on marked spot but 1500 yards on other side of mountain (it takes practice to train your eyes to find them that far because they blend well unless theyre out in open)
>plan route to animal to get within range without being seen
>pack gear back up
>move as quickly as safely possible down mountain and back up other side to game
>sneak last couple hundred yards
>assuming everything went well and animal didnt leave, you take shot.
keep in mind, this process has to be repeated, climbing mountains every day until you find one and sometimes you dont find anything all season because some areas are a lot better than others.
East/a lot of central:
>large areas with no mountains so cant glass
>if mountains you cant see through woods on 90% or more of the terrain on other side
>begin walking aimlessly through woods
>everything hears you from 200 yards away
>you can only see for 50 yards
>theres finally a 150 yard opening and some atv trail alongside it
>look down it but see an old barb wire fence
>find a retarded pet doe on some guys feeder because you stumbled onto private land
>keep wandering.

If youre a local or buy a guide on a western hunt it works different and is made easier. Those people know the land and common routes game take and can set up not too far out and get something within a few days. Also, guides a lot of times have horses to get you deep in away from hunting pressure.

Deer have excellent hearing but poor eyesight, as far as I know stalking white-tails in the north eastern US is virtually impossible

its illegal to kill outside of season or in residential areas normally.

The idea of hunting is strange to me because I live on a small island where there isn't any real game animals to shoot.

Some people shoot some kind of grouse thing, others for pest control. The only interesting thing would be our feral wallabies that escaped a zoo and bred but they're dumb as hell and there would be an outcry. I just shoot paper targets.

Ducks dindu nuffin, now geese are abhorrent savages that need to be culled to acceptable levels.

This is going to get me loads of hate, but American hunting culture in general is fucking cringe
>blinds
>calls
>scents
>baiting
>etc

In South Africa you walk, stalk and kill. Which is awesome. Sometime you go hunting for a week and everything goes wrong and you get absolutely nothing, which makes the hunts where you do get something even more gratifying. I dunno, but for me its hours walking the bush in silence, the skill required to find spoor, follow spoor and then stalk combined with the final shot is what makes hunting so rewarding. I dont see how the stereotypical American hunt is a rewarding experience.

Obvious exception for you guys who hunt in extreme weather conditions like winter and whatever.

>Deer hunting used to be about the most efficient way to collect deer meat
It is, which is why I always shoot the first deer I see.
Also what the fuck is a hunting club?

>fudds complaining about "fair chase"
>uses a rifle

Alrighty gramps. Don't complain about fair chase unless you have a stick with a knife attached at the end.

those same fudds outlawed that in most states because they were intimidated by the concept of fair chase.

You are free to hunt deer however you please. That being said, small game hunting and wing shooting are far more fun for the money you put in.
Actually, if you like the idea of deer hunting, but are not enamoured with the way it is typically practiced, I think what you really want is turkey hunting.

I know plenty just never been on an actual hunt. All the rifle hunters I know are retards all the bow hunters I know are cool.
stay mad fudd. Rifle hunting is gay and you should feel gay.

im on 10 acres. Local law states must be 300ft away from property lines or any structures that arent your own, so i could and have hunted in my backyard.

Why are bow fags unsufferable cunts 99.99% of the time?

most bow hunters are rifle hunters too

checked, bowfags btfo

Attached: bow.jpg (960x720, 112K)

>He doesn't stalk hunt on his own land
Pleb

post a picture of your hunting land
there's no visibility in the pine forest

If you're not waking up at the asscrack of dawn and going out to that deer run in the middle of the forest and sitting there for a weekend and not seeing a damn thing you're not hunting

I would but my deer are retarded and are used to me. I could go out on my front porch and shoot one in the face not 40 yards away

Who cares, just harvest the meat and cook it. I don't even have a problem with poaching out of season if they intend on cooking it.

A fair number of people did that where I grew up in northern Pennsylvania, you just have to walk and smell like a deer instead of a man.

Attached: ftc1[1].jpg (620x496, 70K)

Id feel guilty shooting an arguably domesticated animal like that too unless I was a farmer. They need to be wild and mistrust humans expecting me to be a predator for me to feel like Im fair chasing.

>I don't even have a problem with poaching out of season if they intend on cooking it.
same because my state is over ran by the things. when theyre back down in numbers Id support cracking down on poachers again.

I've lived in western PA my whole life and I've never heard anyone that wasn't telling an obvious lie say they successfully stalked a deer

I dont even know why deer are not just open season. There are so goddamn many of them, I cant walk outside without spooking one that was eating my bushes. They are the rats of the rural world.

Attached: 1493316861011.jpg (971x974, 436K)

>People don't hunt in PA as much as they used to
>IMMIGRANTS AND KEKOLDRY
This is your brain on Jow Forums

People usually scout for archery and opening day of rifle and stalk after that unless they have a good spot to wait. There are too many fat pieces of shit on four wheelers in some areas to do it successfully, but my Dad's made it work (he's also a borderline-autistic perfectionist, so he's hardly the norm).

> nasty girls
well, I know where my next vacation is

Isnt road hunting supposed to be illegal too? Some states I go to theres a ridiculous amount of fat boomers driving side by sides and atv up and down every road they can and Im not sure how they get away with it since theyre using a motor vehicle assisted hunting style with no destination to get out and hunt in mind.

Some places it seems like 90% but, naturally, you wont see the people who are actually hiking out to hunt so maybe not. It's funny how you can drive past camps and tell who are road hunters just by the BMI of the group.

It's illegal unless you have a handicap (fatass) tag.

They committed the high crime of being delicious

>I came out of the house clapping my hands

Attached: bald-eagle-desktop-background-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

>doesn't complain about fat faggots who run dogs