/o/ here. I just found out that the military has diesel KLR650s, can civvies get these?

/o/ here. I just found out that the military has diesel KLR650s, can civvies get these?

Attached: 2004-Hayes-DT-2.jpg (1200x992, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=4445&acctid=453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rarely if they send them to auction, one went for $10k in 2002.

govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=4445&acctid=453
they arnt cheap this one sold for 10k+
i would think you would have better luck buying a diesel engine and putting it on it yourself

That with a sidecar, please tell me it’s real.

>Note: Hayes Diesel is now strictly a Research and Development Firm. Our purpose is to further the development of our proprietary diesel technology through independent Research and Develop and to work with interested Universities and manufacturers to advance clean diesel technology for a wide variety of commercial and automotive uses.

Hayes Diesel does not offer engines or diesel powered vehicles for consumer use.

appernatliy the niggers wont even sell engines to people to convert there own

what fucking faggots. This thing drinks 2.5l/100km, it would be a commuter's godsend.

I mean, i have a 6 gallon tank on my petrol one and it gets 50mpg roughly. The gas ones are just as indestructible as the diesels.

Attached: 20181227_085143-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.71M)

i emailed them asking why they wont make them

>on your site you mention as follows "Hayes Diesel is now strictly a Research and Development Firm. Our purpose is to further the development of our proprietary diesel technology through independent Research and Develop and to work with interested Universities and manufacturers to advance clean diesel technology for a wide variety of commercial and automotive uses. " is there a specific reason you chose to do this? i think a your engines would work great as a good fuel efficient commuters as well as farm/ranch work bikes. is contract related from the military bikes that you cannot make them commercially? just wondering thanks.

I know, I'm just a dieselfag.
My dream car would be a W123 merc with an OM606, equipped with Mahle internals, a Dieselmeken pump, and some crazy trucc Variable Geometry tarbo

Yeah. I understand ya. The point is not whether youre splitting hairs between the two, its the point you couldn't if you wanted to

Did you not play Arma 2 OP?

no, vidya is for children and trannies

The answers are obvious:

a) They have bigger fish to fry than to waste their time dealing with the endless deluge of dumb questions they would get from members of the public

and

b) I seriously doubt that they have EPA approval for their engine, which means it would be illegal to use for the applications you suggest.

>haha fuck you goy, you don't get to be efficient, just buy a tesla

Don't blame me, blame the people who passed those retarded laws.

Get a bicycle and strap a $100 50 or 80cc motor to it. Bam, ultimate SHTF mobile. Runs on gas, alternative fuels, and can be pedaled when out of fuel.

Not sure you'd want one. The M1030 was much heavier than the equivalent gasoline-powered bike, and difficult to ride offroad.
It was a joint development between the USMC and the British Army, but was never adopted over here, partly because of the weight issues.

Vidya is not for children

it's precisely for children. Who the fuck plays video games past their early 20's?

Not sarcasm, but why would you want one?

Who the fuck watches movies, listens to music or reads books past their early 20's?

not children

>t. child
the adults are talking
4channel is 18+

Based.
Now convert to 2WD

rugged, cool, military style bike.

a billion mpg and runs on fryer oil

literally the ultimate bug out bike

>4channel
Newfriends gtfo

>Making the KLR even heavier and even slower

BIKE IS FINE

Get back to me when it can teleport instantly to destinations and direct my OPFOR silkworm missile strikes.

More torque, better mileage, shared fuel, more in common mechanically.
Add turbo.

Only advantage is that in SHTF you can probably run low grade oils/bio oil with minor modifications.

For gasoline engines you can run alcohol but thats about it for alternative fuel that can be created locally unless youre sitting on an oil well.

>I mean,

Honda nc700 gets around 3/100km... better on the pavement than the oversized KLR dirt bike

Go home Van Ripper you're drunk.

Post bike, cager

Attached: 1556514650793m.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

I wish I would of gotten the KLR
I sat on one at the dealer and even for my 6’2” height it felt kinda tall so I settled on the KLX but now I would like to go faster than 70mph on the road

Attached: A63177C6-C217-4A42-9BF2-0C85E3EFAA67.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

I actually think the KLX is a better bike. Its lighter for offroad play whereas the KLR is so heavy. Plus i have topped the KLR out at 96 but anything over 80 is just spoopy

70 is screaming high rpms and very unpleasant on my 13' klr. And its top heavy with poor gearing for slow offroad/woods riding. I have to work the clutch constantly.

Saw a thread on the "G" about someone in 'straya restoring one

Attached: 1558851913966.jpg (1480x1500, 1.83M)

Based

Whatthefuckilove/o/tardsnow

she blacked

we are on 4channel nigger

this is what i got but red,

Attached: bmw.png (1024x552, 544K)

I don't. It's all surface level propaganda anyways.
You shouldn't either, replace your passive hobboes with active ones.