What are Jow Forums jobs than you would recommend? Before you say military...

What are Jow Forums jobs than you would recommend? Before you say military, do know that I can't in my own country (probably for political reasons, they wouldn't tell and I passed all the tests). Come on, shoot suggestions
>pic unrelated, just remember them

Attached: 136593488441.png (1120x800, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unian.info/society/1181239-foreigners-can-legally-serve-in-ukrainian-army-from-nov-12.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mall security, gas station attendant, 7/11

7/11 at midnight is good crack head fighting experience

If you can't go military in your country, can you go French Foreign Legion?

Border Security. Customs. Police. Immigration enforcement.

Attached: download (4).jpg (550x363, 51K)

My country is France, so maybe, maybe not. Theoretically they take everyone, but they may refuse me for the same reason they refused regular army.
Not much border security or customs here, will look it up.

Private security. Most of the companies that hire out mall security also hire out more "operator" type roles. You can expect most of the positions to be boring shit like mall security, bank guard, or running security for a power plant or expensive complex. Most of it is boring watch standing with occasional removal of teenagers and homeless people. There are select few jobs in these companies that actually do badass stuff like protecting cargo ships from pirates, and working in the middle east protecting pipelines, but those positions are few and typcally reserved for comabt vets.

Just apply to the belgian army, they accept EU citizens and the wallon half, well, speaks french,

I think the Ukrainian Army is accepting Foreign recruits, I know that the Ukrainian National Guard does but, National guard units like Azov just seem fucking unhinged.

The Ukrainian National Guard is not like the American National Guard. Imagine if the Three Percenters or Red Neck Revolt where given some sort of National guard status, that's what it would be like.

I'm also in the same boat as you. American but can't join the American military due to a medical issue I had when trying to join. I don't feel like going through the trouble of getting a waiver right now.

Unfortunately Rhodesia doesn't exist any more so their military isn't an option lol.

Thanks. Yeah, in all I read you typically need to be qualified to do the nice jobs, which is a pity. The training part is a lot of what I want.
Is the Belgian army any good, does it see some action? As far as I know the only military in Europe is the French military, other ones are shit or don't deploy.
Since when? I thought they closed Azov to foreigners, probably others too. Btw I think all the French that went were flagged "S" (yeah, like highly potential terrorists).
What kind of medical issue? For me I believe it's political reasons.
It's a pity for Rhodesia, but we're about to become the same.

Shameless bump of shame

S flagged airline tickets could mean you're deemed a security threat or they can be "random."

t. military employee who's been flagged

I know, problem is I'm probably flagged, which would explain why they rejected my application for service. Being flagged and going there is like begging them to fuck up your life.
Why were you flagged?

Didn't get the "airline tickets" part though

Patch design and manufacturing
Camo manufacturing

Which country? Sverige?

my wasn't permanent but I guess because I canceled my ticket then immediately bought new one within hours. desu I doubt the government is looking as intently at your travel history as you would assume. especially cross referencing military DQ with travel history.

my trip was a month long flight to Southeast Asia so I could see why it would attract attention

Nej. He states that he is a frog here

>tfw might get the night shift position at a gas station
Nice call user.

Kinda cool actually, you don't have the action but get to wear cool camo. I'll look it up.
Oh, then we're probably not talking about the same thing. Mine should be permanent since it's for political reasons, besides some distant friends did a real dumb thing just recently, probably spilled every name they knew to coppers, seeing the nice sentence. Besides I'm Latin rite Catholic which seems to already put you in a file of some kind. That's what you get for loving your country and people lol.
They don't look up every travel but they look some up. Ukraine and Syria let up warnings, especially since I'm flagged so they would look more into it. It happened for some people I know that went with Azov.
How is gas station attendant Jow Forums?

Don't join other country army, certainly not from shitty countries some retards suggested for you like belgium and ukraine. The french army is here in europe the more active one also a better choice.

unian.info/society/1181239-foreigners-can-legally-serve-in-ukrainian-army-from-nov-12.html

This is from 2015 but I heard from other Ukrainians this is the case. There was another article that was more recent on the matter.

I know they did let Azov recruit foreigners, but since they admitted to some sort of planned Takeover I think they where limited afterwards.

Also, I was samefagging. My medical issue was because of some meds I was on. (Xanax) This was almost a year ago now. I hear mixed things about aquiring a waiver in the US military. If I wait another 2 years, when Im 25, I hear that If you get a note from a therapist or psychiatrist your fine but I also hear acceptance is near impossible at times.

Also the US National Guard has exactly the same Recruitment and Training procedures as the regular Military and Military Reserves. Only difference is the unit you are assigned too. So I'm fucked on that too as far as I know. Maybe Waivers would be easier with them

We do have State Defence forces in most of our states, not all of them, apart from the national guard, but I hear they are a mess and most are not Armed. I think Foreigners can join the New York State Guard and the Texas State Guard if they have a valid visa.

I wish I knew of any other options.

Right now the options for me and maybe you with the Legion Entragere seems like, French Foreign Legion, Ukraine (maybe), Russia (Not happening with me), and I think that is it. SDFs too but like I said those are a mess.

This is a pic of the Texas State Guard. They have their own Army, Airforce, Navy, and I think a Marine Corps. I know they have a "Marine" unit. This is on top of their Army and Air National Guard

Attached: tx.jpg (2048x1325, 549K)

I'm in Michigan's SDF equivalent but read a ton about all of them. Texas does have a maritime unit but it's dropping marine traditions for army ones since they've updated uniforms to OCPs. Some states do have armed MPs, Tennessee comes to mind.

You guys can ask me anything if you want.

Yes, the takeover situation happened and so those that went came back. Even if you can still go now, last I heard Azov was used as a poser unit and didn't see any action anymore.
You'll probably be fine if you plan well, some years they recruit a lot so they'll overlook your past issues. Not sure FFL is possible for me since it's still under French military authority, could be good for you if you're decently fit.
Why did you chose the SDF? Is it a paid job or on a voluntary basis? How do their units fair? What about training?

How is the Michigan SDF? Are you guys armed like Tennessee's? I kind of want to join the New York State guard as I live there, but I kind of don't want to live here for another two years.

Utah, Arizona, and Nevada are the most Ideal states for me, except neither have an SDF. Last I heard Utah had to get rid of theirs because of White Supremacist officers or something crazy. Though I bet it would still suck for anyone who is not a Mormon.

Also is your State Guard a mess? Or is it a mess and still worth it? I really like the idea of a State Defense Force compared to the National Guard as it is more like our Nation's original idea for an Army until about World War 1.

Attached: 0aa045fad929a9b778080e3dbdaa8d21.png (220x217, 28K)

Taxi Driver.

Lol if you're not white you're not getting into azov, they're literally white supremacists who are causing trouble in Ukraine.

I'm posting from a coalition base surrounded by Germans, Dutch, French, Spaniards, a few Belgians, and a fuck load of Finn's user
Everyone deploys in EU, albeit small numbers

2015 was before Canada came in and consulted, they're not rag tag rednecks in surplus flecktarn with shit AKs getting their shit pushed in by uninformed spetznaz

Become a paramedic or registered nurse, work for 3 years, apply for contracting gigs overseas, apply to be team medic for security contracts, gain tactical skillz, apply for security contract gigs, and now youre just another old merc.

Paramedic is quite vast, maybe you mean ambulance? Registered nurse doesn't do much here besides injections, basically the doctors do everything here. Btw that's a nice career plan
What is the base's purpose? Do you actually do something? (Genuine question)

Nobody suggests becoming a fireman? In some brigades you have paramilitary training, plus you get to learn how to save lives and have a bonus for risky actity

I actually am a volunteer fireman and I know some units, like one in Louisiana, let you carry if you are able to.

Azov? Or the actual Ukrainian Army? Cause I know the Actual Ukrainian military has improved since the initial part of the proxy war with Russia.

Why did you chose the SDF? Is it a paid job or on a voluntary basis? How do their units fair? What about training?

The only federal military branch I wanted to serve in was the Coast Guard (based branch), and I got DQed - so I'm here. There was maybe two years inbetween me being DQed from one and joining up. SDFs are all unpaid, as they've always been historically and you also supply most of your own equipment and uniforms. The one caveat is you're paid while activated the same as your NG counterpart; that is if you are. in michigan we're pretty much never activated outside of voluntary callouts (which are fun but still). Also specific to michigan we don't recieve military leave which makes the callouts literally voluntary.

Our current commander is trying to change that though and seems to be doing pretty well. We're getting closer to our NG which means cooler shit for us. SDFs are all hit or miss with the exceptions of maybe Texas and California. They're both frequently activated and well respected in their States. Georgia is great too, they deployed to Puerto Rico during hurricane Maria (I think other SDFs may have but idk). Also Texas literally activates at least once a year to participate in a medical related training exercise they do.

SDFs obviously aren't high speed and are really soldiers by name, tradition, and convience only. Most framing is specifically related to your METLS, which is mostly emergency management stuff but I personally find it interesting. We don't do firearms training officially but most people do one their own time with their soldiers. The people who make up SDFs can be pretty Jow Forums and are mostly cool bunch though. A big melting pot of emergency services people and servicemen.

They're great for networking if you're looking to get into those fields. Also a good chunk of your training equates to actual certificates you can use. FEMA has a bunch of classroom based classes you can take for free that you would otherwise pay for. and this varies a lot by state but you could receive pretty hefty discounts on shit from your state government (education, police academy, firearms licenses, etc.)

You really have to be committed to the organizations ideals though because it is an out of pocket cost and you will be tested lmao. Unlike federal service you're heavily subjected to the will of the state, which will more than likely be cautious to deploying and training you. Also not having your gear payments reimbursed sucks.

I've been in for about two years and consider the less than $1000 I spent on gear to be well worth when you look at is as career investment (I've networked with guys all throughout the emergency services). it's also just a fun change of pace from everyday life.

In Michigan we're unarmed, some people carry concealed but firearms aren't an incorporated part of our mission

New York is a good unit, they also activate pretty often. Yeah lmao there's a good book that outlines the history of SDFs, it's The American Home Guard: The State Militia in the Twentieth Century, and you can get it on b-ok.cc for free. It talks about Utah and some of the the hilarious shit SDFs tried to do (like running Intel ops to locate communists and larping as SF). Michigans SDF is a mess but it's worth it IMO. Access to shit you otherwise wouldn't have and the chance of deploying to help your countrymen. I definitely felt more jelly of our NG until I started reading more about citizen soldiers and the place of the militia.

Fucked up the formatting but yeah

That's real good information here, thanks for the effort brother. Sounds more like a place to network and where you need to go with some money stashed in.

Anything that can give emergency medicine/trauma exp. An RN will get hired over an emt or paramedic 10/10 times when competing for first responder jobs. Its just how it is.

Im an NP right now, but when I was an RN, I got paramedic certified my first year as a firefighter. In my state there was no wait time or exp requirement to test for paramedic as an RN. After I worked as a firefighter for 4 years i gave contracting a shot with the air force, and once I got my TS/SCI clearance i was getting job offers like crazy for mil contract jobs overseas. Did a year in afghanistan as a company medic, then strictly stuck to asia for contracts for 3 years. Now I work as an NP for .gov.

>no mention of working for a DOD contractor

Look here

I'm referring to companies like Lockheed Martin and Electric Boat.

>lockheed martin
Everyone knows the true contractors work for rbk

Not serious, they were the worst to work with, but hired literally anyone.

What's wrong with working for lockheed? I've got a couple of friends who work for some of their subsidiaries who don't have any issues with them.

It was a joke user

Lockheed is fine. Raytheon is okay too. I personally prefer the smaller companies because they pay more and give better benefits.

>What's wrong with working for lockheed?
I know 99% of the people in this thread are here for a larp, but for the legit 1%...lockheed has been steadily slashing benefits for the last decade. Used to offer comfy pensions, then went to 401k matching, and now they are basically offering jack to anyone not working at the top. It's still a "prestigious' company to work for I suppose, but it's not the gravy train that it once was.

>t. disgruntled lockfag