I bought the frame of a rifle yesterday. I'd LOVE help identifying it

Hey! I'm Jeff, I don't know too much about guns, and this would be the first rifle I've ever held. Well, more-so the frame of a rifle. It's in kinda bad condition, has two major cracks in it, some wood looks like it's rotting. I'll provide more pictures if anyone asks me to. Advice on cleaning it would be nice too.

Attached: gun standing on table.jpg (400x300, 23K)

Just another picture of the frame.

Attached: rifle laying on right side.jpg (400x300, 23K)

Why would you buy the broken stock of someone's old hunting rifle? More importantly why are you interested in repairing it?

Attached: 1446361787565.jpg (465x465, 43K)

>the frame of a rifle.
Original bate OP, Good for you.
I had a WTF moment.

Apparently my spell check does not recognize bait.

>frame
... that's a stock.
Just a stock.
You cant do anything with it. You are an idiot.

Hi Jeff. I hope you got your paperwork in order when you bought that frame. Legally, that's the gun part!

Trolling, but lurk for the rest of this inter-glacial anyway.

I don't know much about guns, don't know what to call it. Well, Other guy who asked why I'm interested in repairing it, is because I just have fun repairing and refurbishing things, trying to get stuff back to their original form by hand is fun to me

Attached: what-the-hell-kind-of-bait-is-this-19269067.png (500x525, 45K)

Well, one of you dudes corrected me. It's just the stock. How do I figure out what gun it was originally, or am I just screwed because I have no other parts to it?

Do you put hummus on English muffins? What the fuck is wrong with you?

That's a Mosin Nagant. Based on the shape of the grip I'd say a late 70s model, likely produced in Chechnya.

I doubt it has any markings of any kind at all. Nobody here gives a damn about the six million different kinds of civilian sporting rifles that stock might fit, you're SOL.

that's just some Parmesan from dinner that was still out during the picture. i hate hummus

Even if you manage to find out what action fits it you'll probably spend more finding and putting together everything than if you just buy a new rifle.

it is a FAL

Eh, I'll think about wether or not I should just buy a new, cheap rifle, or devote tons of time to fix this thing. I'm used to putting tons of time into old things. haha no it isn't an FAL

stop it

Attached: 1462163028352.jpg (1144x1024, 367K)

Is the guy being serious about it being a 70's mosin? I kinda just bought it thinking piecing it back together would be easy, a dumb move on my part though.

Lokks like a FAMAS

this is like finding a hubcap and thinking you can build a car.

I've analyzed the image in photoshop and I am confident that this is a Glock Hi-Point model 1911 Carrera.

well i'm a bit disappointed i'm shit out of luck, but not much lost. it was only five dollars. could be a lot worse, I could've spent 100 dollars on an old gun and had it explode

make a 4 winds and attach it to your stock
30 bucks for a working shotgun