The scenes in Africa Addio are real? I found different opinions on this subject but no official...

The scenes in Africa Addio are real? I found different opinions on this subject but no official. The sound is of course added, probably for quality purposes, but do the shots themselves? I'm pretty sure that the scenes with the corpses are real but I don't want to believe that the moments with the action are real too.

Attached: MV5BMjQ4ZmEyMzMtMWZmMi00OGM2LWJmYTEtZWQzNjViMzgyMTM5L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_UX182_C (182x268, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XoY6J4XIV8E
youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4
youtube.com/watch?v=xDcK_z5GA5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=XoY6J4XIV8E

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4

yeah
also this
youtube.com/watch?v=xDcK_z5GA5s

Nah dude they totally faked all that shit.
Yes it's real you fucking dunce. It's hard to "confirm" as most of it is the only known footage of many of those events - they even say so when filming the hundreds of thousands of Muslims walking the death march that, at the time of its release, still no other footage has even been suggested to exist.
This is 1960s Africa. People weren't exactly walking around with technology like they do today.

Some are some are scripted. Mercs in Congo, Zanzibar uprising, those are authentic as far as I know.

It's just hard to believe and you don't have to offend me for anything. I don't understand why everyone here is trying to be so fucking cool and edgy. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Yes. The documentary team even made a more PC documentary after it because they received backlash for telling the unpopular truth about the sad state of Africa.

A few of the scenes are "re-enacted", but like you said, those aren't fake bodies. Most of the footage is real.

that scene in zanzibar was nuts

>it's hard to believe

Not if you know anything, anything at all about Africa besides what comes out of NPR.

Even the scenes where they shoot people dead. Or what about the part where the black Africans run into the sea to run and are died floating or the plane that's about to land gets shot and they all die

There's no reason to doubt any of it. It's hardly the only source for these things. Revolutionary groups outside of Africa regularly destroy their own resources in celebration and then realize they made a mistake. The notion that this movie is anything but the truth comes from the pious protestations of Roger Ebert, who very scientifically refused to believe it was possible.

It was Cold War Africa. We probably will never get to see the crazy shit that occurred at the time.

Get a load of this absolute fucking skip's leg day lookin, skinny fat dick cheese smellin, cucked fucked onions sippin, reddit browsin, piss poor excuse of a fucking man right here. GIT and stay GIT

Attached: fucking gay.jpg (500x349, 59K)

Yeah that was real. They didn't have CGI back then user.

It was all special effects, user. They had great CGI in those days.

Don't worry about it. Africa is a peaceful place full of people with potential who think just like us. Once colonialism's burden is finally lifted, they'll be building flying cars in no time.

Love how WE WUZ KANGZ was a thing back then to

Guys, is Africa really violent? I just have hard time believing it.

Attached: 8d7.png (374x535, 267K)

Oh hell, back then they were waiting for Afro-Futurism, they were talking about how (essentially) Zimbabwe was going to be a great place to live or do business, they honestly thought that whites were holding the Africans back and decolonization would unleash a great civilizational apogee.
Then it didn't happen and they blamed white people.

I am sure there are "safe" areas, especially in relatively stable regions where you behave yourself, obey the guidebooks, and have the respect of your hosts. But it can all fall apart in an instant.

The tragedy is that Roger Ebert watched the worthless English dub.

Is the english dub really that bad?

The only thing that's remotely suspect/over the top is the narration, but all the scenes are real. Very hard to fake that kind of stuff, especially back then.

Where can I watch this?

that fake as fuck rifle sound

yeaaaahhhh

(You)tube

>t. doesn't understand the limitations of audio recording in the 1960's.

Is that what it is? Not the guy you’re responding to, but is that why they used those awful sounds like in the Tim burton Batman?

>sees burnt bodies
>mutilated animals
>people getting executed on camera
>even the capture of some dude just cutting off villagers hands by himself with a pile of said severed hands beneath his feet
>mercenaries participating in and finishing the Conquest of Boende, one of the UN's biggest embarrassments
>surely this is fake

Yes, watch the old spaghetti westerns from the era. Same exact thing.

Would you rather hear some cheesy, generic gunshot added in post, or a bunch of static for minutes on end because the microphone was blown out?

I was asking if the gunshots sounded like that because of audio limitations, and that’s why movie gunshots sounded that was as well.

Yes, and you're fairly stupid for questioning it.
What makes you think it's not? Because you havent experienced something even relatively close to it from your sheltered upper-middle class suburb? Or because you're just not taught about it in school?

I sure do hope this is trolling.

> Is the english dub really that bad?
It is completely unofficial and hated by the creators. A lot of it was either translated wrong or the source was totally ignored.

Jesus Christ are you even old enough to drive? Do you know where you are ? Kid you better toughen up quit acting little a bitch boy. Words are words if I punch you in the face you might have something to say but they are Words ,faggot.