/meg/ military enlistment general no tranny edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253

Attached: F7D4E566-332D-46B9-BA47-1415DCC26B31.jpg (750x411, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPZ72AncUCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i support this one just because it has an edition to it.

FUCK trannies and FUCK niggers

Based and redpilled.

Did I fuck up?

Was in a car crash 10 months ago, single car crash, no one else involved, and was a bit drunk, since my parents just died. I didnt get a DUI, but my medical records show alcohol intoxication. Been trying to enlist in the air force, and didnt mention it, since no DUI, but now my recruiter says I need a moral eligibility waiver. Am I fucked? Should I just start talking to an Army Recruiter? Haven't had any alcohol since, and had a 99 asvab and 140 dlab.

Did you get arrested?

Was it a felony? Was it concidered an alcohol related incident in court papers?

No. There was no DUI or arrest, I was taken straight to a hospital by ambulance, and that was it. No broken bones, just some scars on my face.

The military shouldn’t find out about it unless the job you want requires a polygraph

USAF Security Forces member AMA

What’s the best field for officers in the USMC or Army?

Recruiter asked for medical records for my facial scars, so theyve already been sent to meps. And I want to be a cryptologic linguist

>Linguist
Don’t bother. You meed a TS and that kind of shit will be asked during polygraph

>medical records
Not tied into criminal records. They are looking for medical conditions. It’s also best to withhold that shit under every circumstance

Okay, so best option would be to just go to an army recruiter now, then? Since the Air Force is now asking for a moral eligibility waiver, or am I fucked for all branches?

The branches talk but it’s worth a shot. Just go for a job that requires a secret and nothing higher

Any word on the phoenix raven program? What it like? Any fun?

My college GPA ended up being exactly a 2.99 and the officer job I'm trying to get into requires a 3.0. How good are the odds of my waiver getting through?

hey pal, shut the fuck up about stuff you have no clue about.

no criminal issues? shouldn't impact you as far as joining I'd imagine, air force is a bit dumb sometimes so maybe they're making the call on the morality of it all.
anyway as far as clearance malarkey goes, they don't look into your medical history but if asked about it, don't lie.

this incident of yours would have zero bearing on your standard poly and that other user has no clue what he's yammering on about in that regard.
just go talk to the army and see how it goes. the only real "talking between branches" is whatever got submitted to meps and then that branch's decision on the information they can access at meps.

no one here can tell you, especially when your post is the only information we have to go off of. just cross your fingers, say a prayer, and don't sulk if things don't work out.
good luck, man

that's entirely subjective.
don't join the marines unless you want to be a marine, even as an officer.

Intel or pilot

It will be a great day when you boys enlist and get to fuck some tight boi pucci, its a brave new lads and you are innit.

Attached: 1563219942553m.jpg (768x1024, 132K)

Its under 3.0gpa, dont even wait for a waiver, its gonna take you over a year in addition to the half year to a year to go through the board.

Your options are reserves officer or enlisting. I recommend reserves.

>no one here can tell you, especially when your post is the only information we have to go off of. just cross your fingers, say a prayer, and don't sulk if things don't work out. good luck, man
I guess I couldn't expect much else, even the recruiter doesn't pretend to understand the voodoo shit they pull when they make these decisions. But thanks user. First choice is intel. I can still be a line officer or go EOD if things don't work out.

350F/security manager here.

Those other anons are full of shit. You would have been good to go with the AF if you had not told them. Since you got them talking about a moral waiver, youre fucked on them. Time to see another branches recruiter and keep your mouth shut this time.

Btw, this shit would have never made it into your investigation, and it wouldnt have come up on the polygraph(even if it did, you should lie, since all they give a shit about is if youre a terrorist or insider threat).

I'm not going to do that. If it takes an unreasonably long time I'll just go in as line officer or EOD where I fit the requirements just fine and either live life there if it's okay or apply to trasfer later.

Overratted and mostly done by ANG now at days. Ravens are just guards for the aircraft when they are on missions and 80% of the time planes fly out without them or with fly away security teams (FAST) who are just normal SF pulled from flight (normal non certed security forces)

t. Boot.

Nothig I said about polygraph and TS clearances I said was wrong. Enjoy whatever mundane non clearance job you’re at MEPS for.

lmao this is what dumbasses get for being honest in the military

yes it was and you know you're full of it, so just stop.
im not going to waste time nitpicking on how wrong you are, but anyone who is familiar with the process can confirm you're full of shit and 350f user, who is probably the most well versed in it here, also acknowledged it.

The 3.0gpa is a basic requirement user. You would have to get a waiver regardless of what job you think you would be getting(you wont know until you complete OCS).

Hay lads. Im off to MEPS in, fuck, tomorrow. Im going USMC, enlisting from Europe. Any last minute do's and dont's?
>pic related, me in about a year or so.

Attached: boot.jpg (405x720, 29K)

Good luck man

spoken like a true airfag

Based, thank you user.

Air Force Fags:

My roommate and I went full balls to the wall and got super drunk one day. Messing around with a sharp tool and didnt realize we accidentally cut ourselves. Im not suicidial or depressed in anyway, but im worried MEPS will think im an emo faggot. Not deep at all, it will heal and clear up but will probably leave a mark. Can I say it was barbwire? Will they even care?

Just tell them it was an accident and no you don’t have suicidal tendencies

Kill all trannies. Or let them kill themselves.

Attached: FB987E0A-6686-458A-8EFE-D199E33879D0.jpg (1024x482, 64K)

Tell him the story. A emo cunt would have more cuts then you and a clean mental health record will show that you are g

All new trans battalion
>40% attrition
one day user, one day.

Attached: 1550327706120.jpg (1500x500, 170K)

tell him it was barbed wire. I have a massive surgery scar and they let me through after I said barbed wire

What type of surgery. Any benign surgery they wont give two shits bout

removed a giant ganglion cyst from my wrist about 1 year before I had gone to meps. It was still a bit ugly at the time and the marks left by the stitches were still clearly visible . It felt alright, and I got back full hand movement by then.
although that was a few years back maybe it's different now

I think you made the right call. Batter to be safe.

What job will help me become an IRS tax agent?

finance

torah study battalion

is it possible to be bared from joining only certain MOS's in the military but still be able to join?
I have dermatitis eczema but have always wanted to be in SOF. I got a medical waiver and am going to MEPs in a few days. I dont think it will be a problem, but my first choice is to commission an an infantry officer and try out for the Rangers after 1 year.
But if I get told the eczema is too risky for front line combat work, my backup plan was to do intelligence (either as an officer and hope there is a spot after OCS and say fuck it and enlist). Is such a thing possible? Or if I get denied for infantry I get denied for everything?

on a relate note, how common/uncommon are intel slots at OCS?

Attached: Eczemas.jpg (300x199, 14K)

Should’ve done ROTC, now you’ve gotta do it the hard way. Hope you already have your degree. Dunno about your skin thing but certain things such as being colorblind will dq you from the INF. Also, why not explore other combat arms jobs instead of intel? Intel officers really don’t do anything high speed.

I have two degrees, but my first school didnt have an ROTC program. I also didnt think about commissioning until this past year, but thats besides the point.
Intel is my backup plan if I cant join as infantry, assuming that if they dont let me do that I cant do any other combat arms jobs either.If I cant do anything high speed my next choice would be intel, either as an officer or enlisted

I’ll tell you what I tel every other person in this thread: do not enlist with a degree.

Best branch for cyber that isn't Air Force?

Would that be because it is a good way to get stuck as a POG?

Why, what do you want to do?

The usaf is arguably the worst cyber branch, other than the cream corn but that is a whole other story.

No because you’re literally throwing away rank and money.

is fort sills nice

I have two massive scars on the back of my right hand that are actually from barbed wire (was being a dumbass and putting up a fence without gloves). Will they care at all?

nope. as long as you can move your hands and do pushups, don't sweat it.

Cyber security in general is an interest of mine, specifically network forensics. Currently work at a technology company building data center solutions. Currently hold a CCSP cert. Long term goal is to move over into the fed side of the house for a national lab and having an active or previously holding a security clearance/former military gives people a big leg up over most.

For context I am on the tail end of my 20s, married and have a son on the way. I have a bullshit college degree but have certs in my field and 8 years of experience in technology. Would be looking at serving in a reserve unit. Hopefully this helps

When is this subhuman piece of dogshit going to fucking kill itself already.

>do not enlist with a degree.
what if you pick an MOS other then 11B?

who cares what he says bro just do whatever if it sucks you can just kill yourself im enlisting with a degree and if it sucks ill neck it

How closely do they look at your dick at MEPS?
I got a couple little bumps on mine. Look sorta like pimples but they aren't. Will I fail penis inspection day?

Attached: 1495790728511.gif (245x250, 967K)

>tfw ROTC cadet during O'Nigger
>Sequestration hits right before FT slots go out
>Det commander says lol no funding, no more uniforms unless you're a junior or senior
>25 available FT slots gets cut...to 4
>Commander gives out 3 slots to 3 oldest sophomores (oldest as in been in the corps longest)
>Declares 4th slot a prize for who gets highest AFOQT score
>Oh by the way the last AFOQT test scheduled for this semester has a cut-off of 8 people.
>Entire remaining sophomore class says fuck it and drops ROTC
>Stick around for AFOQT test with few other hopefuls.
>North Texas is hit by a fucking blizzard for the first time in 30 years or some shit
>Lose all power, water and food for 3 days
>Go to AFOQT having not slept properly in 3 days cause no heat, no shower, and only having eaten mechanical vending machine chips and Monster for 3 days.
>Don't get highest score
>Fuck this
>Finish college with a beard
>OTS says lol fuck off we're full
>Enlist instead
>Now E4 assembling an OTS packet after being told they desperately need people after 4 years of looking for excuses to drop airmen to meet Obama's retarded downsizing.

Thanks Obama

tell him the story and he’ll probably laugh at you and that is all

Anyone in the airforce in computer systems programing? Any open slots at all or at least expected wait time to ship? Is it code monkey tier or worse? Any job prospects assuming I get some kind of education while I'm in?

Obama the nigger fucked the Air Force bad. Commanders had to choose random people at times to kick out. It was so bad the Wing Commander tried to sell it as “civilian retraining” and other renaming bullshit. A lot of people with familes lost their livelihood. Not to mention the military doesn’t offer pensions anymore and pretty much offers shitty 401ks. My career field also lost it’s re-enlistment bonus. I hope Obama the Nigger gets caught up with Epstien and the Jewish kid rapers.

Is it worth risking RASP if you know you're not going to be combat arms? I have an in-demand MOS and the Rangers are looking for guys from our field, but I'm having a hard time justifying it to myself. I don't want to get needs-of-the-Army fucked and I'm considering going Warrant Officer instead.

Why didn't you join Coast Guard?

Coast guard is better than Navy at the moment

I'm in the dep program for the navy and my shipping date is about a year from now. My left eye has been itching and felt like there was something in it for the past few days. From what I've gathered online it seems to be Blepharitis, which is disqualifying unless it is cured. Should I go to the doctor and ask them about it? I need to go to the navy, its my only ticket out of my situation that won't give me massive debt.

Attached: 1446195626835.jpg (2026x715, 146K)

Except during shut downs where you dont get paid since lol not DoD.

If you already have an mos, youre not gonna get reclassed into a needs of army mos if you fail. The big negative to failing is that if you extended your contract because of rasp, you have to keep with that extended contract. Bro, if youre consistently hitting 80+ in each PT event, youll be fine. They prep you during pre rasp.

Its called allergies kiddo. Or stress. Youll be fine.

>daily room inspections
Whose idea was this? What's the point?

I never have stress due to how I operate and If it were allergies, then I would have felt this way in april, and it would affect both eyes.

My ex is trying to metoo me at college, and private schools being what they are I may get suspended for a year. Instead of doing an hero or being a degen I figured I'd fuck around for a tour. Would any branch care about title 9 shit?

Yes they only let smooth dicks in

is the user who had a seizure in 30th AG here? i have a few questions

>is the user who had a seizure in 30th AG here?
How the hell does that happen?

I have a stress fracture and my recruiter found out about it and now they want records, my brother who's also a recruiter said I should just ghost their calls and once I miss my ship date they fuck off and i can go to a different station. I'm just confused bros.

When was that? I was there during March and remember something vaguely about some dude getting dropped for that.

Allergies don't just come at the start of August or whatever month. They depend on a million variables. Windy days can bring wormwood and cause that irritation, a couple weeks of a certain tree that blooms in june can offset you.

I wouldn't look too far into it but if you feel concerned go to the doctor.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPZ72AncUCA

navy

How challenging is it to be a single father in the military?

sounds extraordinarily shitty for dad and kid
never met a single dad though, only single moms. wasn't easy on them either but they got more leeway when it came to dealing with their kids

Well, you can't join first of all.

Do some research on what needs to happen with your kid(s) before you get your hopes up on joining.

I don't have kids but was considering having a surrogate while I'm in. Considering how everything works out though I'll just wait until I'm out though.

Just get married and have a family you degen

I need help with something. If anybody else could answer I'd appreciate it too.
I was charged with either unlawful entry or trespass, I don't remember which, for climbing onto the roof of a school (I was 12)
My recruiter told me to just put trespass because unlawful entry could cause problems.
What should I do?

If I enlist this year, what are the odds that one of these will be my CO? Can I choose another CO?

Attached: 1542450229092.jpg (992x662, 108K)

cut it off. you won't need it.

Attached: 1554431363776.jpg (550x412, 37K)

Somewhat off topic but I want to know what kind of car to buy after OSUT. I will need one and it will be my first car and I don't want to fall into the PVT dipshit trap of financing a camaro or some shit but I also don't want a plankton car just to save an extra couple grand. What do?

Based suicide poster.
I'm enlisting with a degree too. 11x. Maybe we'll cross paths.

I got a 79 on the OAR, am I now king of the tards?

Attached: 10_points_too_high.jpg (1985x638, 325K)

Is joining the Airguard worth it? There is a base right up the road from me and I've been thinking about it.

I'm 26, and somewhat in shape and no medical problems. I'm just tired of life and need something to do with myself.

Attached: 1562527579525.png (531x339, 10K)

Is it worth what?

listen to your NCOs and you'll do fine.

the military wont automatically give you motivation or purpose, they just give you a job and some decent benefits if youre smart. Go in with a plan and make it happen if you want to do something with yourself, otherwise you'll be trapped and more miserable