/gq/ - gear queer

Larping as a Fed Online Edition

>General guide
pastebin.com/9WAeRYA8

Attached: billisgoingtojail.jpg (533x599, 70K)

Previous

How much would this helmet resell?

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-123722_eBay.jpg (1080x1334, 699K)

I got it from a gunshow for $850

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-123733_eBay.jpg (1080x1305, 582K)

Doesnt look that bad for an AOR1

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-123753_eBay.jpg (1080x1489, 645K)

Anyone own an LBT Mas Gray hat? I lost mine, trying to get another and possibly do a custom run but a part number or picture would really help. No proof they ever existed on google and can't find it on wayback

Well it's not a real AOR maritime, it's probably just a dipped commercial maritime. Post the labels on the inside, it might not even be a real opscore.

Yeah that's just a commercial desert digital dipped maritime, not an AOR meme helmet.

I was just going to say the same thing decide to look like the rails are plastic the cheap kind of plastic. Chinaman specials

Well the shell is real from the looks of it and Opscore did do both "digital desert" and AOR helmets but I don't know if they've ever specifically done digital desert maritime cut helmets.

did you look on their site?

Hmm, guess they did, nice find.

looks like Imight stand corrected

Attached: opscore digi mar.png (1440x1080, 2.09M)

I know look what I just foundthis is real I believe and you can compare the pattern.

Stand corrected on what?
Anyone can hydrodip it.

It does say "Tiger Stripe Products" in it. Could that be the hydrodrip company?

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-190030_eBay.jpg (1080x1130, 626K)

it's not hydrodipped it's a vinyl wrap

is there any issued ucp gear that is worth having? Ucp is my guilty pleasure but it doesnt fit my other gear so i dont want to spend as much. the molle assault pack and the ifak look okayish

Oh didn't even notice that, yeah that's definitely just a normal maritime that's been dipped/wrapped.

The ECWCS suite

Is investing in a 4x10 AGENT patch a valuable PSYOPS consideration for the boogaloo, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20190611_120525_722.jpg (975x975, 655K)

The assault pack sucks. Pretty much this However, it is a good pattern for urban environments.

Any thoughts on the 901 Elite ops chest rig from Warrior assault systems?

thanks for the input, too bad the pack seems to suck. agree that ucp is actually good in some enviroment but i basically only wear civil clothing and low key pc with a micro chest rig for shooting so ucp is basically for larping only for me

>notice that LLBean updated their Continental Rucksack
>they're still lying about what materials it's made from

cringe

Care to elaborate?

that heat shield is fuckin' disgusting

That heat shield is perfect. Never change.

Tactical Tailor E&E Pouch.

Attached: 1561123098250.jpg (1017x1024, 117K)

25 bucks take it or leave it

Attached: Forgotten+weapons+pepe_95d83f_6233923.jpg (632x492, 54K)

They list it as having a "Reinforced bottom made of super-durable 600-denier Kodra nylon."

600d means polyester.

Has anyone seen Hesco 4400 plates in stock anywhere? They were on sale and sold out everywhere I've looked on the 4th.

ATarmor, also Hesco is coming out with new level 4 plates so you might want to hold off on that.

What jacket is he wearing?

But how likely are they to be $160 like the 4400?

TASSI has one that MIGHT be the one you’re thinking of, just with their logo on it
It’s so cheap get whatever you can and play with it.
You’re going to hate your life when you realize it’s pretty much all stand-alone (unless you want to wear it over soft armor) I’d thats the style you like go for BDS or something that’ll eventually pair with your plate carrier like a Haley or a Mayflower
Probably something from REI or Mountain. I’ve never seen any spook field that bright of a color.

Attached: 0CD32CB2-1011-4BA8-8B19-3211D6BAB7E1.jpg (1280x960, 544K)

Correction TSSI, the folks who make the M9 aid bag and swear they do other stuff too

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

>HCLI
Nice.

Sometimes I’m subtle but I didn’t used to be.

Attached: C3439124-EEE1-4BF1-ABED-DE9ACB861524.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

Okay, I'm just dipping my toes in here, so forgive me if I'm being retarded. I'm looking to put together a mid-size boogaloo bag that won't make me look like I've been stroking myself to the thought of a Happening. Based just on style and reading the OP, Arc'teryx looks like the way to go, but does anyone else have any other good suggestions? Trying to prepare for 3-5 days of warm weather and stay as far under $200 as I can because chances are this thing just collects dust, but still.

How much weight? What’s your packing list? $200 for the bag or including everything that goes in it?
I’m headed out of where it’s be smart to be on the internet in a minute here but I’ll just suggest REI’s home brand 28-40L packs or the LBT’s the look like normal person backpacks for lighter loads and Eberlestock, and Surp Medium Alice with frame for heavy shit.

Attached: 2648989C-F22E-4FB1-9581-C2A5B943F2EA.jpg (1969x2048, 785K)

You might as well wait and see

>How much weight?
30-50 pounds should do. I don't have the means to setup anywhere else to go, so this is more of a "get out of the shittiest area and find help" setup than a real bugout bag.

>What’s your packing list?
In progress. My current idea is to have a basic water (purification, etc.), food, socks, first aid, handgun, navigation, emergency blanket, fire starter, flashlight, radio, million plastic bags setup so if I just have to grab the bag and go I'm not completely boned, with a bit of room on the side to grab anything else for my specific emergency in a hurry.

>$200 for the bag or including everything that goes in it?
Just the bag. I can piecemeal the contents so I'm less concerned about the price for those at the moment.

Crye MRB or a stiff IPSC-like MOLLE belt like from Blue Alpha Gear or aswin / Ronin?

I like the MRB because it’s scalable for LARP, and if I’m honest looks like it actually would carry soft pouches better than those weird thin MOLLE loops on the belts.

Unfortunately the MRB is 2x the price after factoring in a Cobra buckle belt. I feel like it’s kind of obnoxious too- not sure if it’s in place in steel bays.

die you dye that patch?

Appreciate it, don't see any hats available on their site now but found pics. Mine had velcro front, red LBT logo inside and I bought it direct from their site in 2017-18 but their marketing guy can't find it in their system to build spec a custom run, I'm hoping they can dig up the model though

Is any of you sweet bois able to tell me what chest rig is this man wearing?

Attached: 1560605296900.jpg (651x800, 158K)

Best camouflage for Colorado?

Attached: 9mm.gif (240x103, 1.59M)

bump

It's just a basic AOR1 molle rig

ATACS FG, maybe Russian SS Leto/Partizan too

Thoughts on the browe combat optic?

Get naked and roll around in the local mud.

ah yes the non-lethal knee cap exploding shot

Gorka suits would be good too

>tfw actually are a fed, no gear except creds, gun shitty safariland holster

cool challenge coin

get a woodland molle 2

Thanks Jow Forums

Attached: 20190709_212932.jpg (386x962, 96K)

jee harry how come your mom let you wear 3 different camo patterns?

ifak pouch hands down

Eberlestock. Go try some on.
Split the difference and get a Velsys with the tiny inner belt
No, it came from the before time. There was only that, a darker one and a big red 1 scheme.
Why when I already got a CFP90?

Attached: 8DE26A83-B4FF-4E00-8C4C-DD9548F5ADBD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

oops I meant to link the guy who was looking for a bag.

Eberlestock little Trick vs north face kaban for edc/College/travel? my old Pack just gave out and these two caught my eye

The UCP IFAK hit a sweet spot. The newer Coyote one was too bulky.

isnt the coyote one the usmc version? The army one is a flat pouch in w2

I'll give you $50 for it

Is digital desert the literal least appealing camouflage pattern in existence?

>inb4 Kryptmeme

>digital desert
AOR1 or desert MarPat?
I'd assume they'd both be pretty appealing if you were fighting in a desert.

He's only wearing one, MC

Gorka suits are awful
Nothing good comes in those patterns

"Digital desert" isn't AOR1 or MARPAT. It's a license-free pattern that a bunch of companies do for lookalike AOR1/MARPAT.

Attached: AFSOC.jpg (1242x1525, 568K)

Am I th only one who thinks this gear looks like a modern version of Japanese WWII gear? Even the helmet is the exact color

Can we talk about gas masks here? I've been looking at the Mira gas masks, has anyone ever used them and they seem to have the best filters rated to 20 years shelf life. Is there anything anyone else would recommend? it doesn't have to be cheap.

Attached: 05.jpg (2000x1333, 243K)

or the eberlestock switchblade

I was thinking ATACS FG for spring/early summer when there is a lot of green, but ATACS AU for the rest of the year. Getting some soft shell stuff in white would be good too. However with ATACS, this is the problem.

If you dont have a decontamination area and arent familiar with decontamination procedures, gas masks are useless, unless you just want to larp. Just get a 3M respirator to protect from smoke from wildfires and possibly tear gas.

Even if you have those things, it's still a larp. Nerve agent is going to kill the shit out of you.

I'mATACs isn't even a good pattern, there's no macro pattern so at distance it just blobs up into one shape and fails to distort yours. Even if it was good, the performance difference would be negligible and getting well made clothing or gear is more important than the 0.02% increase of being detected by the naked eye.

Attached: 1477972342863.jpg (1280x853, 166K)

Need a holster for glock 17 with x300 for a low light class, any suggestions? Class is early august so need it by then.

CBRN filters can neutralize sarin and vx. And full body chem suits will prevent your skin of absorbing them. You'll live if you can decontaminate.

Safariland

which one? I usually see the 6 series with optic mount but I'm not using an optic, I've seen the 7 series break too much.

>▶
Whos gap under the rear takedown pin is that loose anyways. Almost as bad as the mini-14 staple meme

I can't really specify since the Safariland nomenclature is a mess but they definitely make a 6 without an optic mount, the 6354(non-DO), 6378USN,

Attached: opplanet-safariland-als-thigh-holster-molle-locking-fork-right-stx-fde-brown-63545492551ms15.jpg (580x310, 7K)

the 6378USN only has glock 19 not 17, having a hard time finding the 6354 and im looking for something a bit more low pro. Normal kydex with 1.75 belt clips and no cant would be perfect.

Desert MarPat is actually just Desert Digital just like Woodland MarPat is actually just Woodland Digital.

The thing that makes it MarPat is the gay EGA stamped all over it

Cool, thanks.

Why would I pay more for an off the shelf respirator when I can buy a superior military mask in new condition for a fraction of the cost as surplus?

will i gain anything if i switch from howard leight impacts to peltor sport tacs? i feel that my head is too small for the impacts

You fags are free gear in the event of a shitshow, thanks for your sacrifice. Insert the classic "nah bruh im a hardass who can kill any man in melee combat and shoot 3000 yards"

Grrr! You're a tuffy.

>Desert MarPat is actually just Desert Digital just like Woodland MarPat is actually just Woodland Digital.
This is completely wrong "digital desert/woodland" is not MARPAT; "digital desert" on helmets is some US4CEs-like pattern and on LBE it's generally closer to AOR. The term exists so companies can sell similar patterns that "fit" both MARPAT and AOR without paying licensing fees.

Attached: listing-6vcy8b_3.jpg (3024x4032, 1.88M)

is that an APC?

That sounds like a fantastic way to get yourself shot for looking like a spook.

I'll take "things the first person to get shot during a gun fight would say, for 200", Alex

Attached: manhunters.jpg (400x300, 102K)

Post groups

>Desert digital was introduced in 2001
>Desert Marpat was patented in 2002
You have it backwards, Marpat is the OCP of digital camos.
Digital Woodland and Digital Desert spawned from CADPAT, and in true US Government fashion, they did a "You made this? I made this." and changed it ever so slightly so they could produce it themselves with no restrictions at a lesser cost.

In additional "you're wrong" news, AOR1 is the subdued, shadowed version of both patterns where as Desert Marpat to Desert Dgitial is OCP to Multicam.