Did I fuck up the barrel on my Victory? Nearly 1000 rounds through it without cleaning and it does this

Did I fuck up the barrel on my Victory? Nearly 1000 rounds through it without cleaning and it does this.

Attached: IMG_20190715_180009.jpg (4032x3024, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YBDZL6OY3u0
youtube.com/watch?v=59YguFR9iAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just soft lead pushing its way out, clean it every now and then so it's not a pain in the ass trying to get a lot of lead out.

lol a squib that made it fairly far totally got splattered by another bullet in there

who knows it might be fucked, might be ok. probably has a little barrel bulge.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBDZL6OY3u0

>Nearly 1000 rounds through it without cleaning

Why.

just give it a quick bath in sulfuric acid, will loosen up the extra bullet stuck in there then hit it with a hammer to shake it out

Uh, I have shot several .22s that many rounds or more without cleaning and I've never seen that kind of buildup, never seen anything even 1/4 as bad as that. I've even done it with suppressors which contain the crap in the first baffle chamber and it's never been that bad.

What the heck have you been shooting???

Anywyay, just go get some strong lead solvent at Big 5 or wahtever and let the tip of the barrel soak in it. Don't try to scrape or scrub that off as-is.

I had this problem as well. I took an extra long steel punch and a light mallet then forced the lead out of the bore, I used the same procedure to clean the groves and then shot copper clad bulets through it. plugging the bore and filling it with ammonia also helps

Barrel is replaceable you can even get a sexy replacement. So clean it and if it's screwed replace it and never screw up like that again.

Attached: 809-0-sw-victory-lightweight-barrel.jpg (500x187, 9K)

id be really hesitant about using a steel rod down the bore.
id probably try a wooden dowel just to get the big chunks out first

Clean it out with a fiberglass or wooden rod first, then a bore snake with solvent. Run it thru a half dozen times. inspect and assess at that time.

Remington Thunderbolts. 16 bucks for 500!

I'm a lazy fuck.

Well, I tried to shove a metal cleaning rod down the barrel and it got stuck. Can't even hammer the fucker out. So I guess I'm getting a new barrel regardless.

Can you see through the barrel? Take it off the gun and try to look through. Odds are you just need to let a lot of solvent work it's magic in there

The cleaning rod is literally stuck in the barrel. Won't move in either direction. Hammered at it and the rod just bent. It is good and fucked my dude. Gonna get a Volquartsen barrel and hope this doesn't happen again.

>pissing away $400
Nice

There's no need to throw out the barrel.
Soak the thing in a peroxide/vinegar solution. It'll dissolve the lead into solution.

This creates a very toxic solution called lead acetate, but the lead can be precipitated out using baking soda.

Don't be fooled by off the shelf bore solvents that claim they "dissolve lead". If there was such a product on the market it would generally be too dangerous to use. If you're not removing lead through mechanical means, then you're not really removing lead.

Not happening. It's well and truly fucked. Just thought I'd post so others can see how some retard cost himself $350 getting a new barrel.

Attached: IMG_20190715_195137.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

Just chuck the barrel up in a vice and tap it out with a punch. If you were able to get it in that far by hand, then it'll come out with a tap.

No, I got it that far with a hammer. And then hammering it ceased to work. See how the rod is bent?

Get a nail or an allen wrench or something and hammer it out from the muzzle. If worse comes to worse drill it with an undersized bit.

Fucking kids these days man...

Well now you can get creative with some of these methods to remove it. And the barrel is a upgrade. You could take it to a gun smith for some drill press love.

Are people on this board allergic to gun smiths? Jesus this would've cost you what, $40 to pay someone else to fix this problem for you and instead you fucked it all up.

put barrel in vice, get electric drill and tighten chuck around rod, bang on drill until the rod loosens out

clever

No. Wrong. This guy can't be trusted anymore. He let it get to this condition in the first place, and then fucked it up, If he keeps going he'll just do more damage.

All these guys are just barrel salesmen trying to trick you. Reassemble your gun. Take the bullet out of a casing, add a little extra powder and fire it. That thing will come flying out no problem.

I'll try drilling it out, but I kind of doubt it'll work. That fucker is really wedged in there. And I'm not a kid, just a dumbass.

I did take it to a gunsmith, his opinion was that it was just fouled up. I'm the one that fucked it up, honestly.

>Being this retard because your 22 barrel leaded up.
Guess you had to be a fucking moron to get it fucked up in the first place.

Don't try to drill the whole thing out, just drill the end a little so that it can compress and break free.

I have shot a thousand rounds of that same ammo (Remington Thunderbolt) out of that same gun and have never seen anything like this, ever.

Your gun's crown looks like a prolapsed rectum with a dingleberry hanging on for dear life. What the fuck.

Attached: IMG_6201.jpg (1024x769, 148K)

To be fair I've literally never seen this happen before. I've owned a Beretta Neos for years and never had even close to this kind of buildup. It looked almost like the barrel started melting or some shit. Something must've happened in there because I couldn't even get a bore snake through it originally. It was like the inside of the barrel was warped. The last 50 or so rounds I put through it were tumbling instead of shooting straight, and I was having constant misfeeds.

It's too bad I fucked up the barrel so bad, I probably could've gotten a replacement from S&W for free.

No dice. It is really jammed in there. Pretty sure I'm just further destroying the barrel at this point.

It wasn't all Thunderbolts. 600 of the rounds through it were CCI Mini-Mags, the other 250 or so Thunderbolts.

It's a excuse to buy a cool new barrel... I've been looking at a Ridge Lite myself

Attached: RIDGE-LITE_BLK.png (1000x276, 97K)

I already ordered a fluted barrel with a compensator from Volquartsen. Call me a quitter or whatever, but I know when I've fucked up. Too bad it was an expensive lesson to learn.

lol OP got trolled into pounding a metal punch into his precisely rifled barrel and is now considering running a fucking drill bit down the barrel. What an absolute fucking retard.

It was a rod with a copper cleaning brush, actually.

That aside I love my Victory Great little shooter does not break the bank and courtesy of some real range time I've gotten much better with all my pistols.

That's the intent, yeah. I feel like in the short time I've had it, my trigger pull has improved by leaps and bounds. I wish all my pistols had as nice a trigger as the Victory.

BTW not OP who had gun issue. Strangely I've become the house of S&W for pistols. I've probably done 8-9 K rounds thru my Victory just this year. And pistol range time is pistol range time which seems to help with all of them..

>get fast field strip model of 22lr for easy maintenance
>too lazy to hit takedown button and run a brush through it
What else do you do this with.

Nothing, desu. The most any of my other guns go is maybe 150 rounds. And I have a 1911, which is a bitch to take down and get back together. Also the Victory is held together with a screw, it doesn't have a takedown button.

>I have a 1911, which is a bitch to take down and get back together
niga..

>The most any of my other guns go is maybe 150 rounds
This is causing more wear than firing them... Mine go two thousand between cleanings.
>And I have a 1911, which is a bitch to take down and get back together.
>pic related

Attached: 1510370597345.png (723x860, 293K)

Compared to anything else I own, the 1911 is the hardest to take down by far. Everything else I have you pull the trigger, drop the takedown lever, and the entire slide assembly pops right off. The first time I took down my 1911 I didn't keep pressure on the spring and hit myself in the face with it.

what a an absolute hamfist

>The first time I took down my 1911 I didn't keep pressure on the spring and hit myself in the face with it.

Attached: 1399894537196.png (698x658, 87K)

>he fell for the pistol-forum 2k round test

How to spot a dumb boomer: the thread

>I didn't keep pressure on the spring and hit myself in the face with it
I diagnose you with retard, RIPPERONI OP

>1000 rounds of REMINGTON 22
>the dirtiest 22 ammo
>no cleaning
nigger youjwhat

WHY YOU NO CLEAN?!?

Attached: 1546026858349.jpg (453x439, 25K)

>not cleaning your guns and keeping equipment in good shape

>not filling the barrel with "the dip" and removing all that lead

stop posting and get to work.

>"the dip"
youtube.com/watch?v=59YguFR9iAA

Squib with one or two behind it. I also have a Victory and have never seen that shit before.

Attached: 49964180-0AAF-49BD-A105-59ABDFFF9960.jpg (3137x2587, 2.38M)

Idk dude, I have a heritage rough rider that I didnt clean for about the first 1400 rounds, after shooting nothing but these terrible lead nosed 22 shorts. It took some scraping and I had a huge mound around the forcing cone and top strap, but it all came off with persuasion. I doubt yours is really fucked up, it just looks like built up lead