Jow Forumsangaroos Australia General

hopefully more active thread edition

Want a bang license?
>docs.google.com/document/d/1n7zP5rkHUmjJCDFaaZ3ohS8gmH6E7KOvGtiY-eF7Img/edit?usp=sharing
New to optics?
>docs.google.com/document/d/1b3CX9GJXCT_CPuZSAJu9OPHzio91dr5RwaHeNLr83Wg/edit?usp=sharing
Stats and facts about Australian bans and buy backs for our North American friends.
>foaa.com.au/buy-back-statistics-and-australia-stock-of-firearms-compiled-in-1998/

Berika Category B straight-pull shotgun banned by border force, recall notices being sent out this week. Expect border force to ban other turkshit shotguns, maybe even scary looking adlers. Category A and B weapons now subject to appearance laws at the border, regardless of state law.
youtube.com/watch?v=gpLXf8rawqc
youtube.com/watch?v=OFMlU_SqDiA

Attached: australianposter.jpg (958x562, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=154226
vimeo.com/262798891
ghacks.net/2018/04/02/configure-dns-over-https-in-firefox/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM
youtube.com/watch?v=gXrEkmTo3VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hello from canada

hope your threads work out

previous thread

thanks m8 appreciate the bump. I don't know if i should advertise this thread on Jow Forums and Jow Forums to get it more active, it would bring a lot of NZshooting related cunts in, i get memes and all, but i don't want it turning into a tarrant general, really thinking against it.

Attached: 1563020661307.png (600x516, 75K)

yeah it could get shitted up pretty quick, is australia kind of dead for shooting these days, or are australians just afraid to public discuss guns? i know australia is a bit less populous than canada, but our general is quite active

a place actually needs people to be shot up in the first place

stole my general cunt, I had OC prepped for the berika shit too
shootings all the time, but with "grey-market" weapons (meaning legally bought, but never registered after the ban) usually end up fetching a 5x value price with criminals and shitskins.

Attached: Australian Border Force.jpg (1345x757, 188K)

sorry lol i just wanted to make it a bit early

Any of you cunts want a K98k there's one on Used Guns that isn't $1500 or somehow hasn't sold in forty-five minutes - it's been there since last night:

usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=154226

Attached: k98.jpg (798x601, 55K)

>daytime thread
>cunts who can afford funs

fucking hell if I had the money I'd jump on that. recently got my cat c license and only got room for one more in my safe.

Yeah it's fucking ridiculous that it hasn't gone already at that price. I literally cannot fit it in my safe or I'd get it; my best mate I usually pass deals onto has just bought one recently and bought another K31 last night, so it's just sitting there dangling.

I'm partly tempted to get the fucker anyway and flog it off once retards start paying $2,000 for them.

It's like you've never heard of well paid shift-workers or FIFO miners, mate.

And it's gone. I hope it was one of you Jow Forumsunts.

wasnt me, wished it was though

>Not "Shut the fuck up Ali" edition

Attached: 220px-Martin_Bryant.jpg (220x252, 14K)

You lads get to the range last weekend? Getting to one this weekend?

Attached: 312123.jpg (1500x1125, 400K)

anyone know where I can get nice enfield furniture? I bought a real nice enfield (never seen an enfield shoot as good as this, i can put two rounds in the same hole) but it's got a mismatched buttstock. It's a nice piece of history too, 1915 BSA mk3 converted into a mk3*, British light horse rifle in WW1 (has a light horse unit stamped into the brass disk), and RAAF use in WW2.

That's pretty cool mate - but even though it's only the buttstock end, not the foreend, just bear in mind that SMLEs are notoriously finnicky beasts whose accuracy is overwhelmingly dependent on being properly stocked up; if it shoots that well, maybe it's best to leave it be until it needs disassembly.

It's got mismatched wood on the top of the foreend, but it's not enough of a colour change to notice, I've oiled/varnished it to match quite nicely.

All the evidence has been classified under e75 archive....that means in 75 years time people will know it was a false flag. But Australia will be owned by China then

Attached: IMG_20190716_131114.jpg (443x359, 37K)

I made my own range haha I got sick of the fuds so it's me and a couple of other fella's ... if your in Victoria you should come have a shoot

Don't worry canada is pretty much in the same boat with the ching dings

Attached: 1559967027643.jpg (480x360, 18K)

There is a company that makes reproduction complete new stocks I think I seen them on Oz gun sales or something like that

At least you can just cross the border and buy a gun at a gun show in the us and bring it back to Canada.

Has your government talked about banning scopes and precision bolt guns at all? It seems like most of the enthusiasts in Aus and UK go to long range shooting on account of centrefire semi-autos being so restricted.

Not as such, and not because they're wanting to stop sniper attacks or that kind of narrative - but there's several parts of Australia where if your scoped bolt action looks too black and scary, it can be banned for having a resemblance to an automatic weapon. Wish I were kidding.

That's fucking cool mate. How big's the property, how long is the range? I'm in Qld but if I'm ever in Vic and have done so without transiting NSW with stuff they'd consider verboten, I'd be very keen to do just that.

They really don't stop, do they?

Attached: 1557510278594.jpg (957x1024, 70K)

They don't. I'll admit, when 1996 happened - I was a kid - I took the "semi automatics are bad mmkay" line without questioning it. But they do not and will not stop. Never compromise - debate them on every front. And more than anything else, more than anything else at all, make sure that you safely introduce as many people in the middle as you can, to the fun of shooting. What the antis fear the most is that they know damned well it's a fun activity, and if you remove the fear from people, and show them how fun it is, they go from anti to pro remarkably quickly.

some burger made a thread about your ranges and safety and transportation related stuff

vimeo.com/262798891

Seems a little over-done, but all the shooting ranges are owned by one organization in Australia?

As a leaf speaking for my laws, our transportation at the moment is pretty straight forward as long as c71 doesn't get order in counciled and changed. We have safety courses, and then you get your license after you pass, and your license and gunclub membership is your authorization to transport to the range and back, and for non-registered guns, we can bring them on crown lands and have fun.

As for range safety rules and things, I know my range is pretty basic, no designated spot for guns or anything, just pick a bench, put your stuff on and wait your turn if the range is hot. If there is a range officer, we wait for his OK and if there is nobody, people just use common sense. Each club is different through out canada though

Do you need license for black powder?

t. wanna make some model rockets

Attached: wuhhh.jpg (960x849, 191K)

Most rifle ranges in Australia would be owned by SSAA and they can be very strict. Some of them do not allow you to load magazines as an example. They're not all like that though.
My local SSAA range is not very strict, they rarely have an RO there and he just enforces the minimum safety standards.

Pistol Australia, local handgun clubs, private rifle clubs/ranges and Field & Game often have their won separate clubs with different rules. There's 4 ranges near where I live in Australia and they all have different rules and some are far more strict than others. Most Aussies just blast away in the bush though.

Can I as a Jow Forumsiwi join this thread?

Attached: 1413079332476.jpg (887x607, 145K)

I work In Melbourne but I bought 1100 acre grazing property most of it is scrub . But the range is 800m long I could make it 1km but I'd have to move the shooting shed or clear 200 Meyers of trees at the end of the range. Property is about is a rectangle block so I could set the range going long ways. There was a old concrete water tank we painted Orange and we were taking pot shots at it from 2 km we hit it a few times. Basically old cars refrigerators TVs everything goes on the range man currently got a old acco truck we've been blasting

yeah mate all good but since the Jow Forums ban by most ISPs aus threads are pretty quiet

So what thickness Polly pipe did you use and what oil and end cap glue would you recommend?

Stupid question maybe but apart from money I've put off the process of getting a WA license due to concerns about storage and not getting my gats stolen. Any tips?

Keen for more shooters to visit? Can bring .303s, 7.62 mauser etc.

>Get gun
>"Wait no u can't have that gun"
>"Why?"
>"It's black!"
>go to bunnings
>buy can of spray paint
>spraypaint it brown
>"Nevermind have a good day"

It's still banned in Aus? The ban got lifted a couple of weeks after the shooting even in NZ

I didn't own any of the ones that got banned, I've just got my Enfield and a .22. I was gonna get an SL8 , but obviously not now. I'm pretty sure the NZ police were fucking hanging out in mufti at hardware stores watching for people buying pipe lol.

telstra still bans it on a DNS level (normal vpn or dns change can circumvent it)

It's not a registered club man just private property. But if you're in NSW / Victoria your welcome. As for guns? Mate it's open slather. Just leave your pre buyback hardware at home and only bring registered guns..most the guys that turn up tend to be pretty disgruntled about our laws and hold some pretty resentful views of john Howard but generally are pretty good dudes. Just be advised that if anyone asks about port author just say it was the government weather or not you believe it otherwise your in for a hour long ear bashing from other shooters. There is a even bigger range being set up about an hour and a half from Bendigo on one of the shooters farms. That one will probably be the main one when it gets going he has about 10 thousand acres. We all chipped in 3 grand each to pay for a grader and front end loader to set up an extremely long range rifle range clay target and ISP course. This is private property but we're setting up ranges across Victoria. Basically we doing it for to reasons one to get away from fuds and 2 get the younger generation involved.

Haha i believe you.

I'm a zoomer poorfag, so I never got round to saving up for an AR-15 or other scary rifle, and I wasn't in any hurry to get one because
>"we'll always have them, right guys? If we have a mass shooting our government will make a good and well though-out reaction to it, they won't just have a giant knee-jerk because of our PMT driven horse PM, r-right guys"
I now realize how retarded I was for thinking that. Though I admit,if I had one, I would have buried it innawoods (in minecraft)

meant for

just be happy you guys didnt have fully fledged registration, maybe someone will have enough land in minecraft for some lads to have fun with their pvc guns

Sounds magnificent, mate - when I asked how long I figured 500m would be a stretch - 800 is fucking fantastic. Good on you - I kind of have as a long term ambition the idea of finding a bit of cheap property but that's brilliant.

they still want to make a registry, even though all of them know damn well they're pointless, ineffective and ludicrously expensive.
Jacinda is gonna lose power in the next election, since one of the Coalition parties only got in thanks to gun owners, so I hope it'll get better.

So please tell me it was one of you fuckers that got that cheap Mauser

Now's the time to buy land in NSW the farm land in areas need irrigation and the government is taking all the water off them farmers are selling up and moving to other area's...i actually seen in one of the other threads one of the guys that shoots with us. So there are a few us on K now. Were are you at man ? I'll see what range is closest to you

Queensland. We've got a good range nearby that doesn't suffer from fuddery and is open both Saturday and Sunday.... but I'd so much rather have my own space one day.

is it true that suppressors are banned is Aus?

Pretty much, yeah. A couple of states allow them for occupational shooters - professional pest control - but for average citizens, they are verboten.

>meaning legally bought, but never registered after the ban
Is that where they get them from? I always assumed the AK's and stuff were imports from the more unstable parts of SEA

I'm in Vic but I don't have a loicense, can I still shoot at a range like that?

read the statistics in OP, the majority of firearms handed in weren't category D, they were category B and C. and yes most weapons that are in the hands of criminals have been bought legally pre-ban

Ok so basically it's a group of guys who gave land. We all chipped in to make different ranges. It's on private property. We only have pro gun people come. We actually have a few cops that come and shoot with us which is good because we get a lot of new comers interested in shooting and they are a massive help and sort out all the paperwork and basically give a good run through of what you need to know to obtain a licence. I'd imagine our shooting club is the most pro gun shooting club in Australia. You will meet good guys and make contributions with people all over Victoria. These private ranges have been going for around 2 years

I actually had a collection on import statistics somewhere I will see If I can dig them up. I was honestly staggered at how badly the buy back failed. The guns imported to the guns handed in are no where near successfull The majority of guns the government wanted they didn't get

Sounds good to me but I'm super broke so I guess this is all probably still out of reach until I've at least got a source of regular income.

What job do you have or skills? Plenty of jobs in rural areas

nothing yet, I'm still in uni training to be an engineer.
As for skills, I'm qualified as a cert III fabrication engineer: I can weld, fold, cut, measure and shape steel using a wide variety of tools and methods - but I have limited experience, just some time in a factory, a few jobs for AUSpost and a bit of fucking about in the shed.

Get your engineering degree. That will be good money

My friend doing a unrelated degree got scouted for asio while in Uni.

Got told by lecturer to go a random meeting and not to miss it as it was very important. Went to a room with a heap of other random students from other classes and years. Got briefed that they had been chosen for an ASIO recruitment course and then had private interviews with a spook.

Old mate of mine visited Jow Forums but isnt pants on head "da joos" but still very much hard right. Old mate didnt really have the intention of signing up so flat out asked him about the checks they did on him. Spook laughed it off and said he was defiantly one of the more interesting ones.

Old mates lecturer was exArmy so he thinks he was the guy who scouted for them. In regards as to what they were looking for old mate is super autistic with global politics and modern history. A very very switched on guy.

Optus DNS ban it still as well.

All the aus bans are the ISP decisions it was never even mention by the government

Unrelated poster but props to you for what youre doing

Pretty much same

Here's hoping my dude, I'm fucking sick of getting up at the crack of dawn just to spend all day earning someone else some money, with this degree I should finally be able to start working for myself.

For those of you who phonepost but cant get through the ban, what you need to do is force your phone to use a different DNS server. If you are running firefox for android you can do so by following the steps listed here:
ghacks.net/2018/04/02/configure-dns-over-https-in-firefox/

Just rest your IP every so often. Telstra user here.

How common are Lutys?
youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM

In the UK you need permission for it on your FAC. If the police refuse people have gotten a lawyer to write a strongly worded letter saying that if their client ends up with any hearing loss they'll sue for not being enabled to take every precaution necessary. The police usually cave.
I think going the health and safety route is a good one to go wherever suppressors are restricted.

Any good clubs in WA? Hopefully avoiding power tripping wankers and bureaucrats

We have a couple of interesting cases in the courts at the moment that are working the hearing loss and OH&S angle but until they progress, or unless they succeed, that's the status quo as it stands. But yeah, I agree - liability is the weak spot of bureaucracy and the logical place to focus for changing laws.

youtube.com/watch?v=gXrEkmTo3VM
who the fuck is this cunt in the canada hat at 8:15? is he a leaf or did he just happen to visit canada

Attached: who is this cunt.jpg (939x674, 134K)