ITT movies that fucked up gun owners

>James Bond goes to a library, attaches a silencer, kills someone, nobody notices.
>Lawmakers: HOLLY SHIT, we need to ban silencers or charge a big tax stamp!!!!! This is fucking dangerous!!!!!

How come not only single movie can do supressors right?

Attached: daniel-craig-james-bond-25-841783.jpg (590x350, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecwK3UMxoxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7fOQlhdzcrA
youtube.com/watch?v=ui4Z1h7PG5s
youtu.be/gC2ObNqHq7E
hub.jhu.edu/2014/06/02/karl-alexander-long-shadow-research/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's simplistic, but overall correct, to say that if a weapon was used by a bad guy in an 80s action movie, it's illegal in New York and California.

>”That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!”

Isn’t Bruce Willis a huge gun guy? I’m surprised something this retarded made it into the script

Attached: 252295FD-4585-400F-AABB-7EA906CEA120.jpg (1023x747, 90K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ecwK3UMxoxQ

caused the undetectable firearms act before undetectable firearms could be made

They didn’t even get the country of origin right

Attached: B27E726B-4492-451D-A062-18BBD6692331.jpg (876x960, 61K)

the silencer ban is a lot older than the books. your thread is ass.

It's the Australian gun made in Germany

Actors have little creative control and even then Bruce could have been a boomer-tier gun guy so he didn't even question it

This. The original reason they were restricted wasn’t even due to fears about crime, it was about preventing poachers from being able to hunt undetected.

Which is wierd, cause it seems like wardens are never around when you do everything above-board, but the second you even think about doing something illegal in the woods, you run into like 12 of them

They're always watching you. Especially you in particular.

Fuck man, do they have some freaky fores magic or some shit that gives them psycic powers?

Every Death Wish movie ever. Even the newer one with Bruce Willis purposely does out of the way to make FFLs and the people that work in them look bad.

The earliest trope of the totally silent silencer i remember was from Assault on Precinct 13. The movie overall wasnt bad though.

That scene where the Millennial Q called a .380 a Indiscriminate Killing Machine.... WTF

Attached: Walther PPK Sweetheart Grips.jpg (640x360, 41K)

The DNR is staffed entirely by Wendigos

What will she carry?

Attached: bobd.jpg (745x391, 21K)

High point in .45.

They got every part of it wrong.
>7
Glock never made a 7.
>porcelain
It's plastic.
>Germany
Made in Austria.
>airport
Airports typically use metal detectors, which would find the barrel.
>X-ray
Even if the airport were using X-rays, it would still show up.
>costs
Glocks are fairly cheap.

I think they meant the metallic parts would be ceramic and the polymer frame is still polymer.
It's still retarded with current technology, let alone 80's tech.

Da problem solvah

Oh wow good thing you pointed all that out

Attached: 6vScT.jpg (717x880, 141K)

You do realize that farmers kept poaching each others shit so they got suppressors on the NFA to prevent poaching. right?

>which would find the barrel.
wtf do you think the slide, the thing that encases the barrel, is made out of

Please go learn what the NFA is summerfriend

>believing this bull shit line they used in an FDR power grab

Not a gun, but I love how Bruce Lee led to the outlawing of a fucking niche weapon.

Attached: Nunchucks.jpg (800x800, 57K)

Movies have never done any harm to gun owners. Compliance has. If the only thing standing between your guns and the government is a few easily scared individuals you don't deserve guns.

Imagine this being discussed by lawmakers.
"Have you seen this shit? Since it's like on a little chain you can whip it way faster than like a broom handle or something. Right? Right????" "Okay Tom we'll declare nunchucks a deadly weapon."

Wow, every single fact in that quote was wrong. Fucking cringe

Attached: Im+pretty+sure+that+some+of+the+rarest+pepes+are+_bd92f154c7d3fb9ee8be5fa7b0dbd30d.jpg (852x1256, 152K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7fOQlhdzcrA
jew wick should considered anti gun pr movie.

because its done on purpose to rile up lawmakers to create new bans

This is not new in theater. Ironically Daniel Craig era was known for the most fictional firearms possible.

yeet cannon

Weapons laws in Australia are hilariously transparent in that way. A bunch of stupid ninja shit like shurikens are often mentioned by name.

Also why pump action shotguns are in a higher category than lever action shotguns. The pumping motion makes it rapid firinger and deadlier.

Suppressor laws were put on the books in 1934 with the NFA retard. The only thing movies do is to brainwash the soccer moms to prevent the removal of suppressors from the NFA registry.

Attached: 1560796197184.jpg (633x856, 146K)

>what are state laws
Retard

Basically all of them

Source.
Also. You're telling me farmers where shooting each other's livestock or what?

1 was actually kinda realistic, 2 became totally retarded with 1911s and suppressors, etc

suppressors were added to the NFA, they weren't originally included.

not that user; there was never any official reason given why silencers became regulated in the NFA. It was speculated that it was due poachers during the great depression but that the poachers were farmers is asinine.

Attached: no reason given.png (334x129, 28K)

source? Everything I read says it was in the original NFA as passed

>fiction
Could it be they invented a gun for their fictional story?

>gun is a machine
>can kill living things with said gun
>gun doesn't choose what it shoots at
seems like an accurate description

You had one job.
And all you needed was a meme pic.

Attached: Impressive.jpg (194x260, 17K)

>Isn’t Bruce Willis a huge gun guy?
Not so much I don't think, probably like Eastwood, he's a "guns for people like me who are worth robbing, no guns for poor people since they're more likely to rob me". Ignoring that poor people are the most common victims of crime of course.
Also, all of that is now. He was only a medium-tier star for Christmas Tale 2, on the rise sure but not with the kind of influence he has now.
youtube.com/watch?v=ui4Z1h7PG5s

And even if he was, it wouldn't matter anyway. Movies aren't supposed to be realistic, they are supposed to be entertaining.

>A bunch of stupid ninja shit like shurikens are often mentioned by name
I think those laws were more about children fucking themselves and their friends up by trying to be ninja turtles.

In the line of fire let to that act.
The prop gun even had to be cut apart

Attached: 400px-ITLOFFiringPistol.jpg (400x263, 19K)

They probably have better intuition and ideas of where and what times people will do certain things in their territory. Don’t underestimate them

Probably something “stronk female” my guess is some fancy .44 or full sized metal frame pistol like a Mk25

M1 Carbines are illegal in NJ and I haven't the slightest fucking clue why

It's on a specific list of weapons banned by name.

80’s action movies alone have almost certainly fueled antigun dumbassery.
I’d imagine at best he is a lite fudd.
Right, because a bunch of broke farmers shooting animals in the middle of nowhere with their bolt action durr rifles is enough to warrant suppressor bans.
>actually believing that garbage

It'll be a giant meme gun like a .50 Deagle or a Taurus Raging Bull. Hollywood loves the Deagle.

Just argued with my friend yesterday that they're Austrian and not American

Hollywood Screen Writers should be gassed.

I remember seeing a trailer for one of those John Wick movies where Keanu Reeves and some nigger were shooting each other in what looked like a subway during rush hour but magically nobody noticed because they were using Silenced Guns™. I can't wait until we give the democrats what they want and actually use ICE detention centers as concentration camps to gas leftist trash. I'll volunteer to kick dreidle spinners down a chute and into the showers.

don't remind me

Attached: 3282855.jpg (555x448, 38K)

Man, you should see the prohib list in Canada. They just opened a gun magaz8ne and wrote down the names of all the scary ones.

You did not post a pic.

Look up the Newark "riots" - IE total guerilla warfare. BPs broke into a local M1 Carbine repro maker and stole some number of rifles and then used them as sniping and harassment weapons against the police and national guard during the ongoing fighting.

youtu.be/gC2ObNqHq7E

You thought LA was hardcore? Think again, retard.

a small submachine gun (mp7) she picks off up the floor barefoot in a sundress before becoming bond

screencap this post

>70-80s mafia movies
They took away the switchblades
>80s-90s Kung foo movies
They took away the nunchucks
>80s-90s action movies
They took away “assault weapons”

Everything makes a lot more sense when you realize that the politicians are just 115-125 iq barely smart people who’s constituents get their info from Hollywood. It has nothing to do with real issues. It’s all about what they see on the big screen. That’s why people didn’t care about gun regulation as much before mass shootings actually got into the TV as news has turned into entertainment. Mass shootings, murder, and gun crime are all going down while gun ownership is going up but people just listen to what comes out of the Jew box. They learned this long ago.

>politicians are just 115-125 iq
>barely smart people
t. retard

WHY DOES EVERYTHING I LIKE HAVE TO GET BLACKED

>politicians
>having an iq of 115-125

Bless your heart. Most of these people couldn’t cut it in the private sector or have diagnosed/undiagnosed mental illness. Most are average to below average IQ

>he thinks those numbers mean genius
>he thinks they use those points for actually learning issues rather than doing what they do best, winning popularity contests
Major BRUH moment right here

Attached: EC1E2572-3D8D-4FF9-80B5-832383D8F39A.jpg (657x488, 54K)

Yes, that's what barely smart is. 115 is good for pushing paper and being on time. It's worthless for actually discovering stuff or designing complex systems, that takes 130+. Real smarts are yet another standard deviation above that.

If you're below 100 you're barely even sapient tbqh, tho you can be a competent janitor or roofer.

So you actually believe in the 200 IQ meme? Again,
>t. retard

Politicians are either a standard deviation below average, or a standard deviation above but with sociopathy.

There are some exceptions but they are rare.

An IQ of 130 makes that person two standard deviations above the mean. Such a person is vastly smarter than the majority of people. However, IQ tests are bullshit and this debate is retarded

t. Ivy League graduate physician with IQ of 140

> G11
> All AK variants including... The Dragunov
> Every .50 BMG on the market at the time, but not all the old anti-tank rifles
> Bullpup conversions but not factory bullpups

>movie comes out
>stronk independent females start buying Deagles to show how stronk and independent they are
>buy .50 AE because "bigger numbers mean it's better"
>load 2-3 rounds because her female noodle arms can't overcome the spring tension
>trembling just holding the gun up
>aim
>fire
>slide jerks back
>knocks her front teeth out
>crying and bleeding on the floor
>Magnum Research bans all depictions of the Deagle in Hollywood movies due to the incident

>IQ tests are bullshit
>t. ivy

Elite unis rewarding hard work is the American Noble Lie.

IQ is a better predictor of life outcomes than any other element, and the more abstract and culturally independent the test, the more reliable it gets.

Same fav here. Wrong again. The best predictor of life success is what pussy you dropped out of. Nothing else even comes close.

*samefag

Goddamn autocorrect

>Elite unis rewarding hard work is the American Noble Lie.
does anyone ever say that? I think we all know that Elite unis reward deep pockets, and that's always been true even before the US was even a country.

>the son also rises

true, but mostly on the microscale

>The best predictor of life success is what pussy you dropped out of.
How are you defining that? I assume you mean parents' income?

I'm not that user, but it seems to imply a lot of things:
-half your genetics at least, perhaps more if we assume that the mother chose the father willingly
-time in history
-social class
-what sort of nurturing/education you received as a child

Wealth is nice, sure. What matters a lot more is whether or hot your parents gave a shit. Plenty of rich parents neglect their kids.

In my case I was raised in an upper middle class background. I worked really hard and rocked my SAT and had lots of AP credits and extra curriculars. No legacy or last name you’d recognize. So in my case I think it was a combination of luck and pluck.

Sure, it’s a lot easier to get in if your last name is Kennedy. Not saying that’s fair, it’s just nothing new

The family you’re born into is highly correlated with future success. Bottom line: you’re fucked or gold right off the blocks.

But what factors in regards to family are you refering to?

Starving Americans during the great depression is why silencers are banned.

It's not about suppressors, it's about obfuscating the law and eroding the second amendment.

Attached: freakout.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

Not who you're replying to, but basically every executive at my multinational is either the relative or ex work associate of another executive. Mt CEO's son has interned with us twice in my department, but he never made it down to us lowly engineers. He spent his days playing gopher for the CISO and CTO. He's literally being groomed to be my bosses bosses boss.

Lcp makes sense. Concealed wearing anything and would look good on camera. The gen 1 even has kind of similar lines to a ppk.

I already know the scene. (Ish)

Daniel Craig is still James bond, 007 is a code name

Film opens up on bond being in retirement

He's called in by.mi6 to save the world

Guy from mi6 says "007 can you please come in here"

Black girl comes in

> Fans cheer

Craig and 007 team up like every other Craig film

why didn't they pick a hot black chick
I do not fucking understand, I care a lot less about the color as long as it's believeable that this person is a fucking super sekrit agent that has to be able to manipulate and seduce people in order to accomplish their mission.
Who the FUCK is that literal gorilla going to fool?

hub.jhu.edu/2014/06/02/karl-alexander-long-shadow-research/

Was that a real line?

Also was it really a .380? Bonds gun is supposed to be a .32 ACP PPK. Which would be even more hilarious.

It might have had to do with the fear of tons of 13 year old boys giving themselves subderal hematomas. You can really injure yourself with nunchucks.

The original PPK was .32 acp, yes, but it's an upgrade from the .25 acp Beretta 418 Fleming originally wrote for Bond to carry.

Now that 007 has a vagina now, it might actually be funny for her to go back to the Beretta, since the reason why Fleming made the switch to the PPK was because one fan wrote to him and called the 418 "a woman's gun."

The 007 designation is the important bit here, and you're splitting hairs.

Switch blades in movies from the 60s or 70s got them banned.

I actually think there's a lot of merit in using a .25 or a .32 as a secret agent gun. They're both subsonic rounds with very little report and very easy recoil. If you put a suppressor on them the report will be extremely quiet. This is why the Welrod was originally chambered in 9mm, but then switched to 32 ACP. You can make 32 ACP extremely quiet.

I think to this day a .32 ACP in a PPK form factor with a suppressor is probably an ideal secret agent gun.

Idris Elba would have been perfect for the role of they had to do the minority shuffle. But instead...

Wasn't there a wired video stating that most spies were short, overweight and unattractive as they're unassuming

And the former via staffer said Hollywood gets it wrong with all the 9/10 spies

> a cat in paris
the only movie I've ever seen that gets gunshots right.