AK reccomendations

Looking for a budget AK for home-defense. I'm currently looking at a Palmetto State Armory gf3 ak pattern rifle for 550 dollars (pic related) is there anything better in the 500-600 dollar price range, or are there any known issues with this rifle?

Attached: psaGF3.jpg (800x303, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgmYepQ48HQ
centerfiresystems.com/p-73811-polish-ak-47-762x39-sporter-rifle-build-kit-with-original-polish-barrel-and-receiver.aspx
strawpoll.me/18330597
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361564
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak47-rh10-classic-ri3036n
atlanticfirearms.com/products/aam-romanian-uf-barreled-receiver
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4334-Home-Defense-Long-Guns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AKs are cool and all but the quality control is far too unreliable to be used as home defense safely. PSA is having issues with firing pin retainers just falling out right now. Suck up your vatnik pride and just use an AR for home defense and keep the AK for the range.

Just buy a WASR

If you really want an AK, buy a WASR. Made in a real eastern-bloc factory with a trunnion and bolt that won't blow up after 1000 rounds.

>budget AK
shit
>home defense with a budget AK
absolute shit

Wasr is your only option. Or a draco with a pistol brace but pls use your earpro.

With 50$ more you can get a Century Arms VSKA...people are giving it rave reviews.

youtube.com/watch?v=RgmYepQ48HQ

>russian red psak

Attached: B0C475D0-508B-450C-973B-1219CB9981B2.gif (250x250, 726K)

>Ak
>unreliable for HD
Unless you live in a dirt hut with 6 inches of wet mud as a floor the ak will serve you just fine.

>some pin falls out
AK
>bolt mushrooms
WILL
>front sight comes canted from the factory
SERVE YOU
>magazine economy is severely inflated and certain mags barely work at all
JUST FINE

Attached: 1541401497893.png (402x420, 169K)

I've put thousands through the aks I bought second hand at the LGS and they work perfect after properly greasing them

Yeah and I own a Lamborghini

ebin b8 d00d

no for real dude

Attached: 1544574436821.png (720x330, 190K)

Attached: 1436870832001.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

Don’t go with the psak. Get a wasr and get a red dot and some handguards that allow you to mount a white light. Or better yet get a 10.5” Ar pistol with a white light and red dot for HD. Your life’s worth more than a psak.

Attached: 20D341CD-90BB-40D7-A864-78A9DBFE4A07.jpg (2817x1352, 1.11M)

The firing pin issue on the GF3 has been fixed already according to PSA, but if you don't trust them stick your own pin in there, or an imported Russian BCG (after checking headspace of course).

The Gf3 goes up for $500 flat shipped every now and then, it's worth it for sure.

People say buy a wasr but I wouldn't buy one online because there's lots of QC problems that can come with them.

Un-flush rivets, canted sights, non-concentric muzzle threading, non-aligned scope mount....the last wasr I owned I had to return due to the bolt getting stuck back and needing a hammer blow to the charging handle to knock the bolt back forward after firing a shot.

Attached: 7_62x39_BP_2.jpg (286x380, 12K)

I made the mistake of buying c39v2 after it got rave reviews and what do you know, a few months later the reviewers change their minds after another 1k down the barrel
Don't buy non-import century

Get it. Dont listen to the haters. It passed Rob Skis 5k round test and after they discovered the firing pin retaining pin problem they fixed it immediately. The new production GF3’s come with the new retaining pin thats fit to spec. Battlefield las vegas has had two GF3’s for several months now with probably a ton of rounds downrange through them and they are still running.

centerfiresystems.com/p-73811-polish-ak-47-762x39-sporter-rifle-build-kit-with-original-polish-barrel-and-receiver.aspx

Polish quality parts. But honestly I'd never consider 7.62x39 safe for home defense with its penetration.

Get a Police Trade in .40 or .45
Been seeing a lot of Sig and Smiths in those calibers from PD's.
>Just got a Smith M&P .40 for $239
>November-ish got a Sig 229 for $330

Attached: PKG0002.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Wasr is your best bet but if you want something a bit cheaper(~$500) the Rh10/M10 are good also. I've also heard the diy kits from Atlantic are alright.

>People say buy a wasr but I wouldn't buy one online because there's lots of QC problems that can come with them.
New production wasrs are fine and if you buy online you should be inspecting any rifle before going through with the transfer. The problems you listed are more common with old production models before qc was addressed, new ones at worst will have canted sights but that can be found on any Ak and literally isn't a problem so long as the rifle can zero(additionally it's an easy fix if it bugs you). The reason people recommend wasrs is because they come from a true East Bloc factory and have a very proven track record(see BFLV) and can last for 80-100k rounds before receiver failure.

Wasrs are shit fuck this thread

>exposing yourself as noguns
>or even worse the idiot who bought a century arms AK
lmao

pioneer is io royal tiger imports. not good polish parts from the radom factory. its made in the town of radom by randoms

>"yeah man slap some grease on there and you wont have to worry about shit quality steel being mashed or improper assembly by manufacturer"

>AKs are cool and all but the quality control is far too unreliable to be used as home defense safely
When you've only handled American AKs

Have you ever fired an AK? You do not want to fire one indoors without ear pro. A ruger pc carbine in 9mm or 40 would be a much better indoors home defense option for less money.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with PSA. Change my mind.

strawpoll.me/18330597

Attached: TIE fighter screaming.jpg (457x339, 41K)

kys century shill
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361564

OP has a budget of 500-600 NEETbux, he doesn't have $1000 to spend on a 70-year-old pattern of rifle that was originally meant to be some disposable shitstick for retarded soviet conscripts.

Here I hoped they were at least tossing parts in from the actual Arsenal.
Thanks for stopping my purchase.

Attached: sadstalker.png (1192x830, 228K)

How does it feel?

Attached: smug piece of paper.png (10000x10000, 1.23M)

Attached: 1391205938282.jpg (500x480, 61K)

You can get decent Romy aks in that price range retard and they're miles above any American shit

5 minutes of research and you'll learn 1 don't buy an american AK and 2 get anything made in a state owned factory.

Attached: AAK-PLATE-NEW.jpg (800x602, 55K)

lol no

but.. AKs penetrate less than an AR.

Go with the psak it will work for what yiur using it for
Its notup to l337 Op8r status but will be fine or get an atlantic diy "kit" only cost me 630 after ffl fees and the rest of the parts

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-07-18-35-56~2.png (1440x1927, 3.36M)

7n6 can do whatever 5.56 can do

Lol yes

Both Rh10/M10 and Romy diy kits are better than any American AK in that price range but go off I guess

show me where I can get a full romanian ak for less than $600

get a mcjob

Would a 5'7 manlet be better off with a Warsaw length stock or a NATO one? When I take my AR to the range having the stock fully extended is more comfortable for me.

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak47-rh10-classic-ri3036n

atlanticfirearms.com/products/aam-romanian-uf-barreled-receiver

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy

adjustable always fits you. also combloc AKs are notorious for short LOP as you are expected to be wearing a shitload of coats plus plates in the field

So I should probably go for NATO length. I'm working on a 5.45 Saiga conversion, just need FCG, stock set and to press the FSB and gas block on. I'm considering going for the plum K-Var set. Any opinions?

And before you start sperging m10 just needs furniture which is like $30 bucks

get buffer tube adapter for your stock if you're really concerned. that way you can always swap out a wood one

Literally what the GF3 is for, it is pretty much the most not garbage US made AK there is. You will trigger some purists but if you’re strapped for cash and can’t get a Wasr then that is your best bet. AK Operators Union had pretty good things to say about it if that is any consolation, and we all know how much Rob Ski loves torture testing AK’s, and the firing pin issue can be easily fixed. I believe that newer GF3’s are also getting that issue dealt with as well. But regardless, get some ear protection.
There isn’t.

Not through drywall. Read the italicized part in the second paragraph:
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4334-Home-Defense-Long-Guns