How should I store my HD shotgun...

How should I store my HD shotgun? Should I have the slide locked or the slide unlocked and should I have the safety engaged?

Right now I am keeping my mossberg with 4 in the tube, empty chamber, slide locked, safety on

Attached: Cruiser.png (900x484, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dyqy8AC3uPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FO343bBwmTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does it not have a safety?
>safety on
Good, keep a round in the chamber and put the safety on.

either empty chamber
OR safety on
doesnt make any sense to have 2 things to do before using your HD gun
thats dangerous and stupid

Slide unlocked no safety if no kids in house.
If kids. Locked, empty and on safe. Just practice taking that safety off so your sleepy self doesn't forget it when Tyrone comes knocking.

Shotguns aren't drop safe

Do you regularly joust with it or leave it in the corner unmolested?

I can't imagine the extra half second of me pumping the gun is any worse than the ND chance of having one chambered

Waking up from a dead sleep in a daze is all fun and games until your gun goes click when it should have gone bang. I've had a Stevens 320 in the corner of every bedroom I've lived in since I was sixteen ready to rock and roll and have yet to have an issue. I don't know what kind of gay shotgun jousting orgies you have, but it's a literal non issue for the millions of other people who don't suffer from over thinking simple situations.

This is true but dependent on circumstance. I wouldnt want a +1shotgun bouncing around it a car trunk but would be fine with one in a closet.

I like to leave the mag tube downgraded by one. That way if the situation calls for something other than the #4 buck that's in it I can slide a slug or silver buckshot in for the first round.

Are you retarded
>4 in the tube
Yes you are

Keep all the springs relaxed.
Fired, in fire, no round in tube nor in chamber.
Keep a side saddle to load rounds if the need arises.

less likely to wear the spring and almost no hd shootings go more than 3 rounds.

youtube.com/watch?v=dyqy8AC3uPQ

>less likely to wear the spring
Wrong. Springs wear from use. Not from sitting under load. Pretty common for newfags not to know that.

Why is an ammo company making videos of dumb fuddlore?

I don't know I don't have time to watch your (((YouTube))) crap

It's luckygunner's video. Which is a store

He's already chosen his stance and no amount of facts are budging him.
Don't bother.
Some people don't want to be educated.

BE CAREFUL DUDE! Posting this thread any more times will make your shotgun load itself and kill your whole family.
t. Posted same exact thread about my pistol and it killed me and everyone I love

the million dollar question, do you have kids in the house? if so find somewhere out of reach with the safety on, empty chamber and slide locked.

if your kid gets to it you'll probably end up wanting to use it on yourself.

>How should I store my HD shotgun?
Cruiser ready

oh shit

I don't have kids

Three times I've been woken up in the middle of the night in a sleepy stupor and I literally was able to rack my pump shotgun no problem, no short stroking, no forgetting to rack it.

Cruiser ready.

Either loaded, chambered and safety on OR, loaded, hammer forward with the chamber empty and safety off (cruiser ready)

Wrong. Idiots like you listen to a guy who goes against the current that sounded knowledgeable to you and you repeat his trash ad naseum because you think it makes you look smart. Besides the spring, constant heavy pressure on the shell and and other internals can warp them and create problems. Now fuck off brainlet

Congrats, what if all you had to do was flip a switch/push a button? Or are you one of those liberal retards who believe guns just go off at random?

Buttons are small, pumps are big, night is dark.

No, unless your spring is undersized for your tube it can't bend inside the tube unless you've done something stupid. Considering your trash opinion that's very likely. Over the years springs experience minimal creep and sometimes stretching depending on the composition, but you're talking a few mm at best, this is not an issue for shotgun springs nearly as much as pistol magazines due to lower tolerances for loading rounds. I found a beautiful western auto in a workshop cleaning it out that was loaded to capacity and had minor rust damage all over including the magazine tube spring. I was able to cycle the gun empty without issue and get all of the poly shells out of it leading me to believe the gun had been in that condition for ~20 years.

>Congrats, what if all you had to do was pull the trigger? Or are you one of those liberal retards who believe guns just go off at random?

You do know we're talking about a shotgun right? Theyre not drop safe. Anyways since I've proven myself capable of racking it without issues even a second or two after waking up, I'm gaining nothing by leaving it with with one in the chamber, other than the potential for it to go off if I or my girlfriend were to accidentally knock it down since it's stood up next to my bed.

Do you leave your shotgun balanced on end on your nightstand?

If the shotgun is stood up, it can get knocked down. That simple. As a matter of fact I've knocked it down twice already. Once when my girl and I were play wrestling in bed I kicked it. And the second time when I was cleaning that area and bumped it with my elbow.

No point in arguing with a tactitard, they think that they're infallible and nothing unexpected ever happens in life while simultaneously masturbating to the thought of finally being able to cap somebody legally so things like leaving a HD gun with an empty chamber doesn't make any sense in their mind. After all he *knows* he wouldnt do osmething dumb enough to knock it over, and taking an extra .1s to ready a firearm is a big deal when getting to it in the first place already took you a few seconds.

You lean the barrel against the wall and kick the but out a few inches giving it an angle somewhere in the 60s. You also put it behind a door so it's really not getting fucked with in your day to day endeavors. But hey, maybe that ghost that makes them randomly fire also pushes them over, I'd call someone to de ghost your house if that's a serious problem for you.

I store my shotgun with a full tube, an empty chamber, the safety off and the slide unlocked.

The real question is how do you store an AR15 for proper HD readiness?

>tactitard
Learn definitions before you use them next time. So you must also israeli carry exclusively no?

>So you must also israeli carry exclusively no?
Wow, look at those goal posts riding off into the sunset

>muh shotgun for home defense
Whole lotta fudd in here

I don't blame you user, hypocrisy is free. Get you some.

My Winchester SXP had a recall a few years ago that it would sometimes slam fire when racked. Tested it at the range and couldn't get it to happen but still would be a big oopsie if I racked a live shell into the chamber at home with an instant detonation, loss of hearing and pants full of shit

>israeli carrying a drop safe CCW gun out and about is the same thing as leaving your off body non drop safe HD gun on an empty chamber
You aren't even worth my time, either literally retarded, noguns, or just a liar.

Attached: aint foolin nobody lil bisch.png (710x592, 448K)

I live in an anti gun state

It's ok to be a hypocrite as long as you admit it to yourself. I mean you do have 0.1 second in a SD scenario to rack your slide don't you? Surely you won't flub that either?

>Shotguns aren't drop safe
Except mossberg 500, 590, 590a1 are drop safe up to a 4 feet drop (military testing) a lot of other shotguns need to be dropped heavily onto the butt for it to go off, so it falling onto its side is not gonna make it go off.

He can pick it up and drop it by accident as well, due to a bad purchase on it. Someone that isn't him can pick it up and drop it by accident as he said he lives with someone else.

>42055685
Not him but how low is your I.Q. that you think a drop safe handgun gun = same handling characteristics of a NOT DROP SAFE shotgun. Do you even know what drop safe is? Do you even know the difference between a handgun and shotgun? He's right. You ARE a tactitard. A dumb one to boot.

So you're an idiot and a hypocrite? Fitting.

I'm 6'4. If I drop it from my chest height it will go off. People tend to pick up things when they carry them from one area to another.

So you're carrying your shotgun around the house not resting it by your bed anymore?

I don't know what's sadder, that you think you were arguing with just one person or that i could tell exactly the kind of retard you were from just a couple of your smarmy dunning-kruger posts. You might wanna consider balancing out your e-celeb echo chamber time with a little real world living before you get yourself hurt.

So someone can't accidentally drop something ever? So because I rest sometging in an area that means it must stay there for eternity? Lol

Ahhh I see what you're doing here, the good ol "I was merely pretending to be retarded", jesus christ the cringe. All this just to avoid saying "hu... I never thought of that user, those are good reasons that work for you". What a manchild. I will take that cringe "pretend" as a sign of victory. Have a good one.

Attached: Where+are+your+brainlet+images+fj_d237bc_6691842.jpg (692x800, 73K)

That's rough bud, that you think that. Try not to bother other posters with your inane drivel and just enjoy the pretty pictures from now on okay?

So why carry the shotgun if you're afraid of dropping it from carry height? First you were afraid of your friend knocking it over as it sat next to your bed, now you're afraid of dropping it from actually using it?

I mean, everyone seems to be bothered by your brainlet responses. You're arguing against the whole thread here. Perhaps you need to tone it down a bit? Lacking some self awareness there pal.

Oof, please tell me you paid someone to type that response for you, that's embarrassing.

>So why carry the shotgun if you're afraid of dropping it from carry height? First you were afraid of your friend knocking it over as it sat next to your bed, now you're afraid of dropping it from actually using it?

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 32K)

Wojak post less and use your brain more next time. K, champ?

youtube.com/watch?v=FO343bBwmTs

>Wojak post less and use your brain more next time. K, champ?

Attached: images.png (211x239, 4K)

That's rough bud, surely you've got a better avatar to post than that?

>That's rough bud, surely you've got a better avatar to post than that?

Attached: rdfff.png (211x239, 4K)

Attached: Wojack coast to coast.gif (500x382, 167K)

>not using a benelli m4 for Hd purposes

Stupid fucking idiots

Shotguns aren't drop safe. Load the mag tube but leave the chamber empty so all you have to do is rack it.

Yes, the wear isn't a big deal until it has been left fully loaded for quite a while. Replace the mag tube apring every third time a president gets elected and you will be fine.

>that guy who doesn't understand things can fall

>keeping a loaded gun in the house

You keep your magazine in the truck for your carry piece?

I mean, I live in a shit hole state where the firearm and ammo need to be in the trunk in 2 different containers

Then don't impose your shit on the rest of us normal people who can keep as much ammo as we want anywhere we damn well please. There's 3 guns I own that I don't keep loaded in some fashion because they're black powder.

>not keeping your flint lock loaded

Tube full, one in the chamber, safety off, hammer at half cock. Thumb it back to full, then hold the trigger and slam fire until the trench is clear of Gerry. The old ways are best.

Full tube, snap cap in chamber, hammer down, safety off. If you cock the hammer before hand then you might start short stroking since there's less resistance. If you keep the safety on and don't have kids/roommates then you're stupid. If you have a competent handgun and aren't planning on grabbing that first then you're extremely stupid.

Round in the chamber ,safety off ,ready to rock and roll for the bugaboo or home invaders whichever comes first. Don't be a pussy with your life an extra second is all it takes to get you killed. Be safe!

By that logic, you'll never make it unless you have a laser gun. Every split second matters and the time it takes your bullet to hit your target once it comes out of the barrel might be the difference between life and death....

But on to more realisitc matters. How the hell is someone going to get in your house and in your room specifically, in a split second to the point that having it already with one in the chamber is advantageous? Get an ADT security system, and a dog. My carry gun accompanies me everywhere even in my house, if I felt the difference between life and death was the time it takes to pump my shotgun I'll draw my handgun instead.

>Leave my AR15, AR7, AKM, 10/22 and Glock mags of various sizes fully loaded for a full year while off doing stuff
>Come back
>Pop them into my gats without doing anything else to them
>They all shoot fine still with zero hiccups at all

B...BUT user SAID THEY WERE WARPED AND WOULDNT SHOOT PROPERLY AND user ALWAYS KNOWS BEST

Attached: 1549055676848.jpg (464x507, 47K)