Guys is the SBR form 1 a meme? Or is it actually worth it?

Guys is the SBR form 1 a meme? Or is it actually worth it?

Attached: uzi.jpg (1600x1200, 173K)

yeah

Did you get that from someone in PA? Looks like the one i built from a parts kit & UC9 receiver

pic related
free men are criminals

Attached: me.jpg (960x916, 88K)

Bump

>getting put on a list voluntarily

I’m a fan. The can on the Suomi is a form 1 build as well.

Attached: 13CF5190-B06C-4210-9EF8-395DF8988F0D.jpg (3573x3024, 3.33M)

Yeah unless you're getting some type of historic firearm it's better to just get a " pistol " with a brace

$200 is chump change these days so theres really no reason not to.

Unless I'm getting something built by a gunsmith, I ain't throwing $200 away. I would begrudgingly pay a tax stamp for a silencer, but not so the BATFags can allow me to put a slightly shorter barrel or a stock on a gun that I already paid for with my money.

Attached: 1557516995532.jpg (182x268, 9K)

Usually, and doubly so if you have a gun like in the OP that has a barrel much longer than intended for NFA purposes. E-forms make it absurdly easy and quick now.

Attached: 20190715_235541.jpg (3264x1836, 1.71M)

Hell yea, one of the few options worth form 1

With how easy it is to change that barrel, it's a waste of money

SBRs and supressors have no place on the NFA
Same to SBS.
However getting these items normalized by having them around could be better for repealing said laws.
I know we shouldn't pay for our rights, but starting a war over a piece of metal sounds fucking retarded when we can win with hearts and minds.

Poorfags

However you want to justify your spending or assess your self worth is on you, my dude.

Besides having to fill out a permission slip to the ATF to take it out of the state? And before you say "lol just don't do it" you've already paid the $200 to have your 15.5" barrel, you will also fill out the interstate travel form.

It's a one-page form that's good for a year and just tells the ATF what you're doing, you're not getting permission in any sense. It is bullshit and a bit of a nuisance but don't be a grabber-tier retard and misconstrue gun shit for the sake of your argument.

Yeah it is permission though. You cant do it until they send you a response saying you're allowed, it isnt just a notification that you plop down and skeet.

Moreover, its three items max per form. So you have to send in several all of which will have different return times if you have more than that.

I rarely go out of state, and probably wouldn't take an UZI for travel out of state, so it'd be worth it to me.
your mileage may very.

vary

SBRing a gun is only worth it if you absolutely want a short barrel but cant stand the impact from a hard plastic brace butt end.
That's it, I have one gun that's SBR'd because I really really like shooting it. The rest of my short guns are braced.

Attached: 20181219_062903.jpg (1600x900, 820K)

>they send you a response saying you're allowed
No, it's a notification that they received and processed your form. Have you ever filed a 5320.20?
If you do send out multiple 5320.20s they tend to send out acknowledgements within days of one another, if not at the same time.

Once again, this process is retarded and should not exist, but what do you have to gain by misrepresenting it?

bump stocks are illegal

what do you think happens whenever you buy a gun?

filename

Attached: 1535320204167.jpg (250x228, 6K)

>its a notification that they've received and processed it
........almost like some sort of go ahead, some sort of permittance that you legally have to wait for

You do have to wait, 5320.20 IS a permission slip. I moved from Kentucky to Indiana and had to wait until the feds send me the approval back.
I may or may not have actually just brought the gun over, because whatever. It however is a major point why I've braced all my future guns.

>the government doesn't know i own a gun. they just know i browse gun websites, gun forums and buy ammo after every shooting.

I never said you didn't have to wait, it's usually a couple of weeks before I get word back, but it's also hardly a back-breaking endeavor. If it's a deal killer for you, fine, but I've never understood using the 5320.20 as some sort of damning example of why no one should SBR anything when there are other elements, like the $200 tax and engraving requirement, that are much more annoying.

It took me 3 weeks to get mine back, and I was in the middle of moving. It was kind of a pain in the ass to "remember" to do it to begin with.
I'll agree it's not really that bad if you remember it, since you can actually just fax them in.

I've made it a habit to keep it in perpetual renewal every April around tax season.

>Needing ask permission from daddy govt if you ever want to move to different state with your property
Yeah no thanks

It's not so much about being "poor", as it is about bending over to the government

And you just so happen to also have budget everything, but that's beside the point

I did mine, my efile form 1 took 19 days to process.
Fun fact, 25 rnd mags fit perfectly 6 to a pack of the old OD green alice M16 pouches

And get a model B of you have the chance. My 16inch on the model A had a POI out side the traverve of the front sight. Thankfully the 10.5 holds a nice zero.

>thinking it's a money issue
Enjoy the registration lmao

>You don't want to register your firearms with the federal govt and be obligated to ask permission every time you want to move?
>It must be because you're poor.

Attached: pool-puke-vomit-1918.jpg (460x431, 27K)