How difficult is it to acquire a functional sniper rifle in your country...

How difficult is it to acquire a functional sniper rifle in your country? Are they even civilian issue or strictly for the military?

Attached: b94b995f4db4126188a870c10049947f980cca19.jpg (680x680, 16K)

>Sniper rifle
Do you mean a decent bolt-action rifle with a decent optic?

retard

as difficult as any other gun. the label of "sniper rifle" doesnt make it special, if you got the $$$ then you can buy yourself anything really.

I just want to know how difficult it is. I'm writing a movie set in a third world country.

If you're this stupid, don't bother.

You have the understanding of weapons that an ignorant child has, don't write anything with them.

Only decent non-incel person ITT, thanks mate.

God damn, didnt knew Jow Forums had a rekt thread

> all countries have the same laws
dude, are you retarded?

I was expecting replies from different contries just for the lulz. And yes, I have austism.

I didn't want to be put on a list or something. This whole board reeks of FBI trap.

Sneed

Like just a civilian sniper rifle or a tactical Delta force sniper rifle like from CoD?

Attached: s32g0kcvimk11.jpg (634x849, 170K)

>How difficult is it to acquire a functional sniper rifle in your country?
Not at all
>Are they even civilian issue or strictly for the military?
There are civilian clubs for 50-cal shooters

Precision rifles are among the easiest to get as far as laws are concerned im every country. Even the British can get them and they use them often for competition. They are just a well made bolt action rifle, a very old technology, thats been bedded in an aluminum block fiberglass stock or aluminum chassis, mounted with a nice optic, and normally make use of ammunition produced (or often handloaded by the marksman to the individual rifle's liking) to similarly tight tolerances with normally a more aerodynamic bullet design. Altogether not different than a well set up hunting rifle.

Like any kind of precision tooling though, theyre expensive because they have to be perfect for good accuracy. Third world countries dont have many people with large amounts of cash and a thorough understanding of how to accurize a rifle, the ammunition qualities needed, and the tools and understanding needed to properly apply the rifle. Thats why rich western countries have top quality first round hit capable people and groups like isis are more known to just lob rounds until they hit.

If youre writing a book and youre having a sniper he needs a range finder, ballistic drop tables printed out, standard pressure tables, preferably a barometer, and it would be nice to have a handheld kestrel ballistic computer or at least an eyedropper filled with baby powder to measure wind.

Wouldn't he also need a spotter?

You just described the typical modern "sniper rifle". That's not the only option though. Plenty of snipers have used relatively inexpensive military-issued rifles, often without optics of any sort.

>If youre writing a book and youre having a sniper he needs
Lol.
what he "needs" depends entirely on the time period the book takes place in, as well as the character design in general. You're assuming a modern time period, a character who chooses to use tech, and a situation in which the character has the luxury of having all that tech at his or her disposal.

It's common doctrine to use spotters, but whether or not a given character uses one depends entirely on the details of the plot. When is this happening? Is the sniper a solider or a civvie? Is he working alone or with others?

My mind immediately jumped to ideal moderns, youre right user. Especially
>what he "needs" depends entirely on the time period the book takes place in, as well as the character design in general
and the ranges hes working at plus the chances of hitting or missing hes willing to take.

We'll need more info OP

Yeah, that wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list of potential issues, just a means of suggesting that you have to think about the big
It all comes down to the details of the setting and the character design...even plot details matter. Maybe the MC builds himself a super high tech rifle & has everything planned out to the Nth degree but ends up having to use Bubba's old hunting rifle because of some plot twist?

Attached: simo-hayha-taking-aim.jpg (700x372, 40K)

Just keep your eyes open when shooting, no need for a spotter.

Kek

>...the label of "sniper rifle" doesnt make it special...
This. A full discussion probably belongs in Jow Forums, but 'sniper rifle' is just a descriptive term (occasionally a pejorative) for a precision rifle. Or even an ordinary hunting rifle with a scope.

SWEDEN YES here, you could get a .338 SAKO in about two to three months if you factor in the time it takes to get a hunting license and the police procrastination process. Any retard with the money for a rifle and scope could do it, given that there is no violent crime in your records. Just stick to fudd stocks, the popo get a bad case of autistic screechings if they see folding stocks or pistol grips.

that file name XD

>bolt action with glass
acquire money, be 18.

>California-based script writer wants to know the difficulty of acquiring a 'Sniper Rifle'
Pottery

>sniper rifle

go to store. buy gun. walk out of store with gun.

Pretty sure the autism has you, user.

Not to mention, even if its modern, the character might not be able to acquire said kit, having to make due with x,y, and z.

Yeah, I had meant to post that pic with my earlier post,

What a waste of dubs.

Germany
>very easy for hunters and sport shooters

Attached: 1559857566201.jpg (529x431, 33K)