What % of combat vet ptsd claims just a scam for disability gibes?

What % of combat vet ptsd claims just a scam for disability gibes?

My guess is around 70% at least.

Attached: 2B3099DD-82D6-4953-8AE3-FA218FD7797F.jpg (640x360, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Tal_Afar_bombings_and_massacre
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You would be correct, if not even higher.
Many fat FOBwhores and POGs who never left the wire shitting it up for the boys and girls who did and dont feel the need to cry to Uncle Sam.
Many such cases.
Sad.

I've never met a single actual combat vet with one of those "omg fireworks scare me/muh ptsd" signs or claims.

Most of the people bitching about fireworks and claiming 'think of the vets' aren't even vets themselves, and if they are its always some stupid 92g type shit. And its always some fat middle aged cat lady bitching about fireworks.

Outrageous. How do we bring these scam artists to justice?

I was never anywhere near a combat zone and there were dudes in my unit angling for service connected disability.

t.avionics pogue

By offering benefits to vets of a declaired war?

Similar to this, I've never seen a veteran openly state (and in some cases, downright brag about) having PTSD. Usually a thing veterans have a very hard time discussing.

Funny because I've seen the exact opposite. You'll know you've met a combat vet here in FL because the second thing they'll tell you is that they have PTSD.

i've known a single active duty marine ssgt who shared with me that he hates new years and july 4th fireworks.
however, he said he understands he's the oddball and it's due to a close encounter with a mortar on top of constant mortar fire when he was himself a fobbit.

he's a lifer, though. he said he just holes himself up and watches shitty movies during those times.
he's definitely a bit fucked up but is aware of it and not seeking gibs for it. im sure he will when he retires, however.

i was intel and never left conus.
i had friends just like me who claimed similar bullshit.
most of them no shit complained about wrist damage, said they had tinnitus and trouble sleeping, and that their knees were fucked.
we didn't eve get issued cif gear...that's how pog we were.
i hate them all for that.

> get shot at by gangbangers

No longer like fireworks. It disguises gun fire. I`m on edge about unexpectedly getting shot at. Anything that reminds me of getting shot at puts me in a bad mood. The mood when your ready to fucking kill. So I get it.

Attached: 1562158344873.jpg (720x402, 26K)

Depends on the MOS. Grunts like me would love loud ass explosions for 4th of July. The bigger the better. I'd never seen signs like that however.

its post Traumatic stress disorder not Post Loud ass noises stress disorder you dingus. You have to associate the loud ass noises to a traumatic experience not simply have served in a military roll.

It initiates a flight or fight response. So that's probably a bad idea bucko. Not that anyone wants to shoot you for firing off firecrackers but dammit if I'm not reaching.

Very very high %. I personally know two people who I suspect are scamming.

PTSD is actually extremely hard to get. Unless you have been in close combat (whites of their eyes close) or been exposed to an extremely traumatic event (like a mortar falling into your barracks and killing all your buddies or your Warrior getting hit and everyone else inside burning to death) or if you fuck up and kill a civvie, kids especially, you arent going to get it.

Hiding out in your FOB while Terry Taliban lobs some 61mm mortars in your general direction is scary, but not PTSD scary. Having to hit the dirt because some random Iraqi is popping shots at your Sangar is scary, but not PTSD scary. Fact is, that for 99% of vets combat experience amounts to basically that: inconsistent mortaring and harassing fire.

This guy is a faggot and does not represent us

who the fucks us bucko? the internet trannie coalition? I said I'M reaching. Perhaps you want to shoot people firing off firecrackers? because that's the only thing that I said that could be interpreted as US. Glad Im not represented in your little inner circle of mongoloids tho.

While I agree that the number of scams is likely pretty high, I would counterpoint that I think there are probably a good number of actual PTSD cases caused by 'minor' things. Society is so coddling these days that people simply are not capable of dealing with shit. We're getting softer and softer. I know civilians who have developed serious anxiety and trust problems due to shit like breaking up with someone, minor car accidents, or just drinking in all the bad shit they see on the news. There was a shooting at my job once, and people who were fucking off that day quit or went to counseling for it. One coworker broke down crying and refused to go near the area of the store where it happened even though she had only heard the shots from the other side of the store.

Stop giving people money for Pussy Traumatic Shit Dick syndrome and let them sort their own shit out.

I can't help but wonder if the situation you describe regarding people freaking out so badly over relatively minor incidents is something that's taught.

To relate an example:
I read a book years ago about taking care of young children. It stated that if a toddler falls down or has a minor accident (a "boo boo", one might say), it is wrong to immediately run over and ask if the kid is OK. If you do that the kid will learn that whining and crying is an effective way to get attention on demand. Instead, the book recommended that you laugh at the kid's accident instead. If the kid really is injured then he or she will end up crying anyway and you know to go and make sure they're OK.

I can't help but feel that there's some of this same shit going on in society today. People watch TV dramas, movies, etc, in which actors freak out in order to entertain people and then this teaches them to behave like that in real life. In other words, that lady you mentioned who broke down crying may not have done so because she herself was that affected by the incident, but did so because that was what she was taught to do by society.

It is my opinion that excessive whining, snowflake-ism, drama queen behavior, etc, is taught rather than intrinsic.

You should try to be as big a tax burden as possible to speed up the collapse.

what a bunch of drama queens

Yeah i knew a chick who saw zero combat, and the only thing that happened during her deployment was some indirect that landed hundreds of yards from her. So obviously she claimed PTSD during her ETS out of the army.

Aren't real vets too deaf to hear fireworks?

i dont even flinch when they go off right next to me, maybe thats because of my hearing loss and maybe because im used to gunfire, dunno

>Voluntarily sign up for something and then complain when the side effects get delivered
They're all disability gibes.

people who claim to have "PTSD" from reasons that aren't even related to gunfire are now agitating my local municipal government to ban fireworks. Some woman who claims to have PTSD from being raped says fireworks are triggering her.

They literally just copy what they hear other people say without the slightest attempt to understand the motivation

556 blessed digits
Set off a string of firecrackers on her doorstep.

>They literally just copy what they hear other people say without the slightest attempt to understand the motivation

You do realize that people teach them to do that, right? Lefties have meetings. They each each other "activist tactics" like this kind of shit.

I fucking hate those pricks who set off random fireworks in the middle of the night.

I don't have any signs, because no one really cares. That said, I don't like it either. It is only tolerable because you know it is coming, unlike IEDs. A lot of us have actually been in combat, but that isn't the worst part. The worst part is seeing the carnage of civilian deaths, mass bomb-sites. Not by us, but as a result of sectarian warfare. Don't get me wrong, we have accidently killed civilians as well.Had a buddy in Afghanistan who witnessed as much, he and his guys called in an airstrike that led to civilian deaths. That really weighs on you. The experience that most weighs on me is this. We failed in providing security to the local population, and that sticks with you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Tal_Afar_bombings_and_massacre

You can't simply turn it off, the constant threat assessments make you realize how vulnerable you are in every environment. Those threat assessments lead to a near constant state of hyper-vigilance. Which is exhausting, it is kind of like having a near constant adrenaline. Anniversaries are hard as well, and if you saw a lot of combat and losing buddies, it adds up to pretty much a constant state of hard anniversaries throughout the year. You have innate ability to see where things could potentially go wrong, because you have seen it yourself. I still open my mouth (blast pressure) everytime I pass a stalled-out car. There are small reminders everywhere, and it brings up memories that you want to forget. The biggest factor in my own was I was not mature enough to experience what we did, I read a ton of testimonies about combat, but experiencing it yourself is a whole other thing. The young guys who practically live at the VA are typically the guys who actually saw combat, and it shows to those who have also experienced it. It isn't anything like a thousand yard stare, but you sense it from them. To those who know the same.

I'm certain there are bogus claims, but I'm also certain there are legitimate claims.

Attached: Tal Afar Castle .jpg (2848x2134, 1.24M)

Attached: boom.png (1199x630, 1.19M)