Took the glockpill today. Aside from exploding hand memes what am I in for?

Took the glockpill today. Aside from exploding hand memes what am I in for?

Attached: 764850982.jpg (4031x3024, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-fixed-charger-sight-set/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A reliable but plain pistol. Seek validation elsewhere you custard mouth instawhore you make me want to rape the spirits in my walls

sights and a spring kit.

yeah i need to get a holster and light for it.

Ive never understood the glock sight meme and Im not even a fanboi.
Ive owned a 17 before and it was fine stock.
U sights are perfectly fine, maybe 90% of shooters just suck.

this
shitty trigger but all striker-fired guns have notgood/10 trigger pull
lots of options for customization
DO NOT HAND STIPPLE THE GRIP

Attached: whatuwant.jpg (259x194, 10K)

A huge aftermarket to spend even more money sprucing up your overpriced plastic handgrenade, at which point you could have bought a better gun for the same or less money.

>maybe 90% of shooters just suck
this plus glock trigger

whats a better gun for the same o less price?
And which aspects do you consider better?

There is no better gun at any price. You made a smart decision OP. dont listen to the jelly söyboys on here. Glock is a reliable and accurate pistol used by most law enforcement, spec ops, and militaries around the world. You cant beat it

Different user, but I prefer my M&P over my 17, but the 17 hands down has more customization.

Yeah the trigger was pretty bad, not as bad as my M&P which I unironically like more, but it was still bad.
Its still a decent pistol stock though, I enjoyed it just ended up being bored of it, the racegun/modfags are the ones who usually ruin guns because they compare them to highly specialized aftermarket parts.

>M&P

Do you have a gen 1 or gen 2? Because gen 1 M$Ps were poop.

2000 rounds later itll feel perfect. But youd have to shoot and we both know that aint happenin

Pontiac Aztec in looks with the reliability of a Toyota Corolla of guns. enjoy your disgustingly ugly but reliable handgun, I guess.

I bought a gen 5 g19 a few weeks ago. No regrets! Be prepared for a lot of shit talkers.

A mediocre shooting experience, but reliable handgun.

I have a gen 1 shield and it hasn't been an issue for 3k rounds. People complain about the grip and I just don't see it. The trigger is meh, but not terrible for a compact imo and the external safety I just leave off because. But I have a full size 2.0 and I can definitely tell the difference, but not worth the $350 to trade up on my shield. Plus I'm using my USPc more as I ride during the summer so my shield just stays in the truck.

grip angle is messed up but other than that they are alright

Probably going to end up as your favorite carry piece. I usually replace the sights very shortly after purchase but the stock ones are fine. Nice gun man.

t. Gen 5 G17 owner

For some reason my G17 out of the box had a nicer trigger than my G19 at that point. I guess sometimes you just get a bad trigger.

I've had a G34 since @2004, never had any problems with it, other than people saying it"s ugly.

A thoroughly mediocre, unimpressive, possibly uncomfortable gun that probably never has a malfunction in its life.

Why didn't you look at other options first if you're already displeased with your new gun? A lesson for next time about falling for memes I guess.

im not displeased. I just wanted Jow Forums opinion

You wanted an opinion because you second guessed yourself because you're not pleased.

It's not us you need to convince. We don't care what you bought, good or bad.

Literally all handguns in the same price range do the exact same shit, or do extra shit but have issues
Fuckin retards treating this shit like its buying a ferrari vs a toyota

you will be tempted to add and change things. don't waste your time or money changing parts until you have a good round count. in fact, just buy ammo and get a different gun if you want to swap 15 parts out.

You are on a list of Tupperware/ firearm owners. Enjoy your reliable ugly block like abortion of a handgun that just works when you need it. Enjoy

Reliability, a new set of Tritium night sights, possibly a extended slide stop

Attached: OD Gen 4 M19.jpg (1920x1280, 1.51M)

Attached: 1980.jpg (752x1000, 111K)

Attached: US Marshals.jpg (960x940, 74K)

Good and reliable pistol, easy to shoot.
Not the best trigger (for good trigger get PPQ).
I not fond of/don't own a Glock, but can effectively shoot G19.

Ive had mine for a few years now and a few thousand rounds. So far so good. The trigger isnt that bad and l changed the sights eventually but only because l didnt want plastic. Good gun if youre actually going to be using and abusing it

Except some have better triggers, better ergonomics, better sights, and cost $200 less, all at the same time. It's not like you sacrifice something by getting an M&P or a P10C or a PPQ or a VP9.
A better comparison is more like buying a $60,000 VW people lie about in order to sell, instead of a $30,000 Toyota that stands on its own merits.

I think the M&P is better for about 100 bucks less. I find the ergos, sights, and trigger pull to be better. But it really comes down to preference honestly. I've shot glocks and they've been just fine, I just like my M&P better.

A gun that looks more generic and bland than a hipoint no matter what gizmos you put on it, you bought the cardboard box gun, by the kube do I hate glocks

If you can shoot it well, then you found yourself a great pistols, but it lends itself to limp wristing failures.

Upgrade the sights, maybe the trigger since those are a hit or miss with those things. The grips aren't grippy enough either.

I love my glorks.

Attached: gen 2.jpg (2196x1294, 835K)

As a 10mm memelord I can say with confidence that a riced out g20/40 is the best option for a double stack in that caliber if you don't want a 4k custom 1911.

>frame not beveled

CZ p10c
H&K vp9
Walther PPQ
Beretta APX or PX4
Grand Power P1 or Q1

All nicer polymer pistols with better sights and triggers.

No. Ive owned them all and keep coming back to glock.

I own a P-10F and still loves my glocks.

Attached: p10f.jpg (2059x1456, 745K)

Glocks are fuckhueg for handlets like myself and quite square. They also have shit triggers. They are like any other plastic fantastic since they are the one that made them popular.

The most unique and interesting thing about the otherwise standard glock is that they get "high grip angle" by simply rotating the hand so that the web is higher than the trigger than on a "normal" handgun.

This makes most people automatically hate them if they've ever shot a different semiauto handgun before.

I suppose for revolver fags it would be better though.

Same

Attached: 07258EE4-6B91-4969-AAE8-646B04815556.jpg (3129x3022, 1.77M)

cringe

How are the paddles on the Inforce lights? Ive been looking at getting one but dont know how strong those things are.

I've heard the same from people that own bot. Glock does have that huge aftermarket though.

Revolver fags should die with that old outdated relic of our past. The future belongs to semi auto

Dude the gen 1 M&P's are fine you are a misinformed Moran ,use you're brian.

Yeah, I'm sure you've owned both a Q1 and a P1.

>The future belongs to semi auto

So does the present. The future war will be zoomers with whatever new gun (Sig?) vs GenX Glock worship.

Ahhhh the poly gat wars they are legendary in the future.

You need a soldering iron to stipple the grip, or kiss accuracy goodbye.

Attached: 5D1C3348-4CF2-48B7-8DEC-5FC23DBA8E22.jpg (318x320, 43K)

You haven't owned any of those. Probably haven't owned a Glock either.

>reliable
>literally every cops bodycam shows multiple malfunctions when they need it most
This meme needs to fucking end.
But let me guess, "mines fine, so"

Watch a YouTube video on how to do a complete breakdown, and then do it yourself. Then Bam, you can now fix any broken parts yourself or do any upgrades yourself and you've got plenty of after market to choose from. Glocks are simple, they do not require a gunsmith or advanced tooling. I'd also recommend not installing a spring kit of you're gonna carry, at least not the striker spring

Very plain gun, not necessarily boring because you can turn it into a freaking space gun if you want, but that's gay.

Always hold it tight and research a light before you out it on there. Other than that they're reliable. Better options out there for the money imo.

I like how millennials just conveniently disappear.

You've got an incredibly boring yet functional and extremely reliable gun. It's like a fire extinguisher, or high quality household appliance. So, is that good? Yes. If you're looking for fun, or more to shooting? There's so much more. But, having an appliance of a gun you can depend on is a good thing.

So Glock is the 1911 of our time? Will SIG really fix it's shit and become the next top dog? I think FN and HK are well ahead in the race. The FN handgun line is severely underrated.

Gen5 here. Why spring kit. Babby gun no problems thus far.

H&K is nearly bankrupt. They have workers in Germany doing OT without pay.

You only want a spring kit if for competition, it's not a necessity but helps . People who are less than average at shooting think they Need them in a Glock, but they really just need more practice. You shouldn't put a spring kit in a carry gun either as a good rule of thumb. Lighter connector is OK, but it's really the striker spring that makes ALOT if difference in the trigger and this can cause light strikes with harder primers

They’re pretty durable. Other metal lights like tlr have plastic paddles too

Ive owned 4 glocks a ppq m2, shield 2.0, Walther ppq m2, mp 2.0 compact, and cz p10c. And ive put over 40k rounds through them in the last 1.5 years along with my glocks

stovepipes.
>t. fell for the G40 meme

Wanna sell me your g40

If you do send me a message on 9x25dillanon@protonmail dot com

Jams, particularly in high stress situations.

If you plan on CC'ing it, get XS Big Dot sights.

Attached: ihbernkfzhk.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

Hi I own a Glock 17 gen 3 and I put at least 2k rounds through it ask me anything

I have the strangest erection for the Glock 37. I want a Gen4 37 so fucking bad.

>laughs in ppq/p10

Shoot. ALOT. Clean your gun.

Its a tank of a handgun for a reason. Don't horde guns when you haven't even become proficient with your first one. Also, if it is brand new, expect failure to extracts and double feeds, the spring hasn't been broken in yet.

Putting this baby through some paces this weekend

Attached: A89CDB59-93B0-496C-B70D-75FF9D3B2908.jpg (3024x3678, 2.99M)

The main issue is that Glock sights are fragile and not good in the dark.
Doesn’t really matter for most people. But most retards seem to think the need to upgrade the sights and that will make them more accurate, which is retarded.

>But most retards seem to think the need to upgrade the sights and that will make them more accurate, which is retarded.
literally nobody on earth thinks this

Bad advise
Dawson precision tritium front .180h .125w and black out serrated rear .185h .125 notch width

A toyota/honda.
It works, has lots of aftermarket, and there's so many in the wild, you can pretty much find everything about them online.

A reliable pistol with kinda crappy ergos. And

Cringe

>dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-fixed-charger-sight-set/

Wtf is a *charger*. retard question I'm sure but am curious.

The big thing with glock is you never get a trigger that doesnt work. People bitch and moan about them all the time but nobody tries to claim that it doesnt go bang.

It means you can rack the slide off the ledge on the sites

>ive put over 40k rounds through them in the last 1.5 years
Whoops you went too far with the lie, what an embarrassing double down. Kid you probably haven't ever shot a gun.

Spending more on new parts and custom work than the gun itself cost in an attempt to turn an average pistol into a slightly above average pistol.

Attached: 1555483465308.jpg (850x1058, 195K)

30k in one year of shooting. 40 k is an conservative estimate. Ive been to the range everyday for the last 6 days and went twice yesterday and the day before

That's the basic level of competence I expect of any handgun. Period. "It always works" isnt good enough when I can spend a little more and get "it always works and feels like breaking a half millimeter glass rod."

Funny that you think that’s a lot. Show how much you don't shoot.

>all those pics you're posting on an image board
Uh huh, fuck right off.

Im not a zoomer who brings my phone to the range for instagram points

>muh trigger
Trigger pulls don’t matter in an actual self-defense situation. Adrenaline and fear are going to take over and your shots will be all over the place regardless of your trigger. Trigger pull is only an issue in competition.

I've never understood it myself. I fell like most glock fanatics have never tried other site layouts, and only dump it because 3 dot is more common and more common = better in brainlet land. The only one I don't like is the straight 8 layout, and it's still not THAT bad, just that everything else I've used is better. If you want night sights, fine, I understand that, but many of glock's own fans shit on the U-notch, and I actually think the U-notch is a pretty good sighting system. In fact I think it's better than three dot, and I might have an AK with a red nail polished U-dot on the rear. It's faster to my eye than a three dot layout and I'd argue easier to be more accurate with, since you already have your entire site picture in a white box and only have to micro adjust from there, until you find where you have to hold and train to always get that spot upon drawing.

>40000 rounds a year
>not a lot
i get that your trolling him but yeah thats a lot

>implying cops know how to do fucking anything
Yah, totally the Glock's fault

You're a zoomer who doesn't own anything they can take a picture of period.

Ive already posted my carry systems in this very thread

I dont use a Glock for self defense, I use an AR at home and a Shield elsewhere. So you're gonna have to sell it to me for competition. Over a 2011.

LOL