What are good 9mm hollow points to stack up on?

What are good 9mm hollow points to stack up on?

Attached: bt_mp9_smg_submachinegun.jpg (2400x1600, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pDvUJ5HJq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hollow points are a meme

wew lad

gold dot, ranger T, or XTP.

>ranger T
But why?

Yup. Tried and tested
*sip*

Attached: i5oU7t8.png (624x951, 877K)

9bple

dumb namefag

Federal HST I believe are still on sale for 40cpr that's as good as you can get for as little as you can get. Most other stuff you're going to be paying 60cpr for not so great holla tipz and closer to 80-100cpr for the good stuff like Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger or PDX1, Golden Remington Saber or Hornady (whatever, they have a gorillion designs that are all the same). Federal HST happens to be great stuff as well.

If you just need 147gr for subsonic velocity (assuming from your pic) then Speer Lawman is generally only 17-18cpr regularly.

Because it's one of if not the very best 9mm hollow point design.

124-147gr HSTs, sig v-crowns, gold dots(both gens), horn crit. duty, and ranger xts are generally considered the best non exotic defensive ammunition currently available.

Pretty much. I mean they do precisely what they say and expand but they aren't that much more effective than FMJ. Although hollow point penetration sucks balls.
He's not entirely wrong. I realize of course that he's trolling his ass off, but in all honesty FMJ ammo kills people just fine.
Also there's a good argument to be made of training with the same bullets you're carrying and decent JHP ammo is not cost effective to train with.

>the very best 9mm hollow point design

It's quite outdated. It only develops the picture perfect talons in basically "lab conditions" and it predates the modern focus on barrier-blind loads (even though the reverse drawn jacket and bonding were revolutionary at the time) youtube.com/watch?v=6pDvUJ5HJq8
2.5 inches is enough to put someone's eye out but skin is equivalent to 3-5 inches of get according to Fackler if I'm remembering right.

By no means am I implying that it won't work or "it will get you killed in DA STREEZ" but I see no reason to stock on that particular bullet design.

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-221356.jpg (1080x2160, 559K)

>much more effective than FMJ.
increase the change to hit a artery by 40-70% when near by.

And now we're just debating calibers. Still isn't cost effective to train with JHP, unless you're using silver bear or some other cheap shit.

It's just an option, there are lots of great ones. If barriers are a focus then nothing listed in this thread is particularly appropriate, you'd want something like Federal Hydra-Shok Deep or something from Memeheigh specifically designed for barriers. Or bump up to .40 or .357 Sig for an extremely marginal improvement.

Clothing doesn't count; as far as I know most of the name brand good stuff listed in this thread is tested for and does great through even multiple layers of very thick clothes, including Ranger-T. But for most people, in most situations, the standard brands are the standard brands because they're the most vetted;
Federal HST, Hydra-Shok
Winchester Ranger, PDX1
Remington Golden Saber
Speer Gold Dot
Hornady Critical FGCSTXTTSTXTXXwhatever

Attached: 1562123919391.jpg (540x835, 98K)

Attached: giphy (5).gif (480x288, 367K)

I got those in 9mm for personal protection. Havent had a chance to shoot them in self defense.

I've had good results with remington golden sabre 124 HP. Round did not exit the target.

Attached: IMG_4125.jpg (2000x1123, 1.34M)

I've had poor results on small targets with FMJ.
This guy took multiple hits to quiet down using 147gr FMJ.
Will be using HP for garbage removal regardless of higher cost. Just looking for a quick termination.

Attached: IMG_4113.jpg (2000x1123, 1.44M)

Gotta say dude you should just start a critter ballistics general. I love seeing how these bullets work in soft targets.

Attached: CB65638E-FF95-4737-96D9-48542181F44C.jpg (594x696, 142K)

More to come, I need to get some time to setup my hand trap next to the chicken coop.
Waiting on AAC 308 silencer from upgrades at factory. I want to catch a raccon with my FAL. Someone in my raccoon thread said 308 has good terminal effects. Would like to confirm.

If a 9mm HP won't exit a raccoon it's not going to be a good defensive load

Those are probably the dumbest fucking rounds in existence. And that means a lot in an ocean of snake oil, bull shit marketing gimmicks for the gun community.

>Round did not exit the target

That’s more of an unintentional indictment of the shit, lightweight of 9mm than anything

>hollow points
>not 147g General Dynamics Truncated Flat Nose out of a Beretta Cx4chan

It couldn't even penetrate 4"? Dude that's not good that's fucking horriffically terrible, or you're a blind idiot who couldn't find the exit hole.

There's no way any 9mm load can't penetrate 4".

Hurtenburger Buscadero Ticondas

I bet you don’t know how bad 9mm is. Neverhunters don’t realize how much energy is expended by a bullet on bone and outer hide.

fuck off nigger, that raccoon was longer than my K with can attached, at least 13-14". He was not standing up on his hind legs when I shot him. The path of travel was down his center. The 9mm round was parked somewhere near his ass. There was no second hole leaking anything. Full energy dump.
I like how a bunch of retards that have probably never shot anything with 9mm are pontificating. Fucking niggers.

>said 308 has good terminal effects. Would like to confirm
don’t bother. 308 can’t kill shit

lmao you get pretty butthurt when people talk shit

we shall see if I can turn a raccoon inside out.