youtube.com/watch?v=RzVEduKGUws
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophy_(countermeasure)#Combat_history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Merkava can only work in Israel
Just like how the Abrams can only be fielded effectively by the United States
Australia and Saudi Arabia don't count

there's so many of them rusting in Lebanon right now... kek

T-those were only Mk 1s goyim

Australia does field them correctly though.

Attached: you ever fuck up so badly they make a scale model of how bad you fucked up.jpg (800x967, 303K)

what do you want in the hills of lebanon my friends?
>pencil barrel ar15
>tavor gen 1
>jew SAW
>jew m60.

FOUR
MACHINE
GUNS.

when the fuck have they ever fielded them? and is there a guy to keep all the Abbos from going rama-rama on the fuel depot?

>The Merkava can only work in Israel
Truer words have never been spoken.
The Merk is a tank 100% tailored to Israel's needs. It IS NOT a tank that was tailormade for tank vs tank engagements like virtually any other tank since WW2. It's made for LIC and the occasional fight against other tanks.
Frontal armor compared to other contemporary tanks is mediocre at best. But if you compare turret roof, rear etc its a beast and you see the design philosophy - well protected from all sides.
>inb4 jew lover
Anyone who thinks so should fuck off to Jow Forums, I'm only talking about weaponry here, not politics.

Dont forget the mortar. I honestly wonder why no other western army has incorporated such a thing into their upgrade packages aimed at fighting LIC

Peice of shit good only for killing stupid brown people. I’d rather have a basic bitch T-72 than a Merkava for tank on tank combat

>slow revolver turret ammo stowage system that only holds 10 rounds
>the rest of the ammo is stowed in the hull completely unprotected
>engine in the front taking up valuable frontal volume that could instead be used for actual armor while offering zero protection in return
it's a horribly inefficient tank that would get demolished by cold war relics in an actual tank engagement. the armor on it is completely insufficient to protect against apfsds ammunition. literally it's only redeeming feature is the arc of protection on the turret against shaped charges but they sacrificed an awful lot just for that.

>catastrophic explosion from RPG 7 penetration through rear door

Nah

Attached: dgwo6xs.jpg (2559x1535, 338K)

... they lost like 4 fucking tanks in the whole engagement.
>they sacrificed an awful lot just for that.
and of those handful that were actually destroyed, the crew survival rate was pretty good. Considering how many tanks were hit, the survival of the crew and the salvageability of tanks that took a hit filled exactly the parameters the israelis wanted in their tank.
The fuck are you on about?

>... they lost like 4 fucking tanks in the whole engagement.
LMAO... over 50 were hit and disabled. IDF had to stop the advancement, pick another route and got BTFO on that route as well.

watch: youtube.com/watch?v=RzVEduKGUws

Even if this was still a problem (it isnt, see ) it's a pretty small target.
See how small the rear door area compared to the rest of the tank is. Even a slow moving Merk would make it even harder to hit it - neither the RPG-7 nor the sandnigs who use it are known for pinpoint accuracy

>lost
>handful that were actually destroyed
>survival of the crew
>salvageability
What do words mean. Armor pen does not = disabled/lost. Look up Israeli tank doctrine.

Israeli tank doctrine really proved itself in
Lebanon innit

What’s LIC

considering they went outside of their prescribed function, yes. when its fielded in the role it was produced for it does well. when it was fielded outside of that, it's general design principles still held up even if it's strategic contribution was sub-par.
they didn't take this ass pounding you seem so eager to think they did. 50 hits, 18 penetrations, half of those field repairable, minimal tanker crew loss, 5 tanks destroyed beyond recovery. there's a whole report on this.
i get it. you cross post on Jow Forums a lot. original

low intensity conflict.

J.U.D.E.

Attached: 2005chart.12[1].jpg (1024x768, 246K)

Ex(as of tomorrow) IDF tank forces here.
Ama
(I probably won't be able to answer a lot of the questions though in the interests of opsec)

Meant to say as of yesterday, not tomorrow.

What is protecting the Merkava?

Why are there so many pictures of Israeli tank crews fucking up?

How is driving(? controlling?) it? Is it bad?

Armor and windbreaker
And combined arms tactics.
The fact that many of them have phones to take pics of it happening, plus the fact that the night vision devices of the crew weren't great a few years back. I mean, there's what, five different pics? One of which is a tank stuck In mud. Over 15 years or so. It's not actually that many.
Well, to be specific, I wasnt a tanker myself, rather a recon team that works with the tanks (a team that was added to tank companies as a result of the Lebanese war).
I had a friend who drove though, said the controls are very heavy and tiering, but he used merkava 3, not 4, so an older tank.

>and disabled
I don't think so Tim.
>His source is Al Jizzeera
Ok, lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophy_(countermeasure)#Combat_history

>
No tanks were damaged during Operation Protective Edge, with the Trophy Active Protection system performing over a dozen interceptions of anti-tank weapons including Kornet, Metis and RPG-29.[31] The system, by identifying the source of fire, on occasion also allowed tanks to kill the Hamas anti-tank team.[31]

>b-b-but m-m-muh Lebanon

Jow Forumstards eternally BTFO

Attached: laughing koreans.jpg (276x183, 9K)

>recon team that works with the tanks
Is that the combat field intelligence units? named after birds I want to say. Or are those guys more like follow on force computer nerds?

Nothing fancy, just a team within each company. No special name either. Not part of the reason corps (these are fags), but a part of the armored corps.

You must be one hell of an Israelite to think Jow Forums puts muslims above jews.

In the US Army, we call those people 19Deltas, Faggots, Horse Cock Eaters and many other names. They called them selves pretty much Infantry. They are known as Cav Scouts.

there's a reason for the four machine guns. During the Yom Kippur the lost many tanks to infantry using atgms. They found that the best way to deal with it was to spray the guys with the atgms with machine gun fire a to force them to take cover and mess up their aim

Lebanon vs Israel Conflict(s)

LIC my balls

Ayo goteem

>from destroyed to “hit”
Goal posting begins ahmed

>al jazeera