Curio & Relic License

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm looking on these gun auction websites and I see all these incredible old handguns and rifles, many over a hundred years old, and I'm thinking "If I had a C&R license I could ship these things right to my house."

The Curio & Relic license allows you to purchase "firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms" without going through an FFL. The license costs $30.

That seems crazy. 50 years ago was 1969. Are you telling me I can get a gun from 1969 shipped straight to my fucking house?

What am I missing? Why isn't EVERYONE doing this?

Attached: CurioRelicLicense.png (1000x1000, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jowv167KdbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was my understanding that any curio or relic had to be on the approved list from the ATF, not just any firearm that was 50 years old or more.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Shit, just looked it up, you're right. Time to make some use of my 03.

>why isnt everyone doing this
Similar to getting an FFL for personal use, because that requires knowledge about firearm laws instead of browsing shitposts all day long

Because you have to keep a record of your purchases and the ATF can come inspect your collection.

no, what they can do is inspect your bound book. and it's super rare

>§478.23 Right of entry and examination.
>(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b), any ATF officer, when there is reasonable cause to believe a violation of the Act has occurred and that evidence of the violation may be found on the premises of any licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, may, upon demonstrating such cause before a Federal magistrate and obtaining from the magistrate a warrant authorizing entry, enter during business hours (or, in the case of a licensed collector, the hours of operation) the premises, including places of storage, of any such licensee for the purpose of inspecting or examining:
>(1) Any records or documents required to be kept by such licensee under this part and
>(2) Any inventory of firearms or ammunition kept or stored by any licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or licensed dealer at such premises or any firearms curios or relics or ammunition kept or stored by any licensed collector at such premises.

From the ATF website:

>Firearms automatically attain C&R status when they are 50 years old. Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm. It is not necessary for such firearms to be listed in ATF's C&R list.

They cannot "come inspect your collection" as in inspect your house.
You always have the option of scheduling an "inspection" of your bound book somewhere else.
Stop spreading stupid fuddlore. There is nothing you can buy that would allow the ATF into your home without a warrant.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jowv167KdbM

It's not what you buy that is a potential issue, it's what you sell. It's in writing exactly what they can do.

You can sell C&R guns under the same rules as selling firearms as a private individual

You don't need to record what you sell and how much you bought it for/sold it for if you don't have a C&R.

I have had a C&R license since 1999. Nobody from the ATF has asked to come and look at my SA mosins in the past 20 years.

I am sure if someone were to buy 100+ C&R guns in a day, ATF might come knocking to be sure. But your average person with a 03 probably won't get their attention at all.

Gay

I had a C&R license but let it lapse. I probably should rectify that at some point. Never really used it though after all the gun-grabbing hype subsided.

>pic unrelated

Attached: 1563131414362.gif (600x326, 2.7M)

I always wanted one, but the surplus market has kind of dried up.

I had mine but need to renew it. Thing paid for itself several times over with dealer discounts from Brownells and numrich, not to mention the transfer fees I didn’t have to pay. Highly recommend getting one if you buy parts/kits or are interested in older surplus guns. It’s dirt cheap and can save you a nice chunk of change on purchases if you use it right.

This is the only useful thread I've seen in weeks.

I keep going back and forth to whether I want to do this or not.

I have one, but I've only used it like 3 times. They pay themselves off after saving on one transfer fee so I'd recommend getting one

I'm worried about impulse buying every gun I see knowing it can be shipped to my house.

I have one. If you get one the ATF sends you a packet with all the rules. Anything over 50 years is C&R. Somethings under 50 years old are also C&R but it is less common and there is a list. You required to keep a bound book with all purchases using your 03. The ATF can inspect your book and guns once a year. They have to request it and then you choose whether they visit your house or you visit their office. An 03 is not like other FFLs where you have to give up some of your 4th Amendments rights. The most important thing is it is a collectors license and not a vendor license. You can have C&R guns shipped to your house depending on state law.

I had to deal with the same problem, my wallet still hates me

Whats the process like? Is it just like any other form regarding firearms? I.e fill it out and wait for a response?

There is a form. I think it is called Form 7/7CR. Should be easy to google. It is the application for a Federal Firearms License. Fill it out mail the form to the ATF and a copy to your local chief law enforcement officer. Pay $30. Wait. I think I waited around 2 months.

Forgot the it is good for 3 years.

>I think I waited three months

The wait time is random as fuck. It took me exactly nine days to get mine, other guys take weeks or months some don't take a week. No idea why it's so variable

I have had one since 2011, used it to be a nugget. $30 for three years, why not renew? Bought at least 15+ rifles and pistols with it, it's paid for itself several times over. If you're in california it's a must if you shoot regularly as it and a certificate of eligibility allow you to continue getting ammo sent to your door.

There are responsibilities to it, such as keeping records of your transactions, but if you choose not to renew you can toss the bound book.

*buy a nugget.

>What am I missing? Why isn't EVERYONE doing this?
Paper work, loads of it.
Dealing with the ATF
DEALING WITH THE ATF
Sweet, you saved a few extra shekels and have it mailed to your door.
I myself only got into it cause my state is some what cuck, it helps make money through transfers and shit.

>make money through transfers
what do you mean?

You did indeed misunderstand.
No, it definitely hasn't. It's just not cheap.

anything over 50 years old is automatically a C&R, SP1 AR15's are now C&R but they aren't in the book (the book hasn't been updated since 2007)

>An 03 is not like other FFLs where you have to give up some of your 4th Amendments rights.

ATF has the right to inspect your inventory once per year at any time, you sign agreeing to this when you get a C&R, you can go to a ATF field office with your inventory, or they will come to your home, it rarely ever happens though.

They can only look at what is in your c&r collection though, and you schedule when they come by. It's not like they have free reign to go through your safe

They can only look at your book. They can’t come to you house wanting to see your guns. They only call and say come to our field office

>Does anyone have one of these?
yes

Mine comes up for renewal at the end of this year. will probably keep it because of reasons, though my safe is full so I'm not buying anymore.

How did you miss the 2 sentances directly above what you quoted? If you have an 03 the ATF has to get premission or a warrant to search your home.

Nope.

I have one. It payed for itself plus some after the first two purchases. Only complaint is that I don't get to see my LGS, who is a fun guy to talk to, and show off my new purchase anymore.
I still haven't updated my address with the ATF since I moved last month. I should get on that.

Have not heard of audits in many years, but they used to happen.

C&R is the shiz-nit for Brownells and Midway discounts. Even in a cucked state, the C&R will stiff pay for itself with those discounts alone.