Is the Wiesel the cutest thing ever? Every army should have something like the Wiesel

Is the Wiesel the cutest thing ever? Every army should have something like the Wiesel.

Attached: 20190618_Bw-Ozelot_Tobruq-Legacy_Polen.jpg (1024x683, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i-V5rB5UOgA
i.imgur.com/2dinngN.gifv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>modern day tankette
we need more of them
but most people would rather just staple the missiles on a wheeled vehicle or APC rather than a true mini tank

Yes, we have the original tanku-chan.

Attached: Scorpion_CRVT_(4119399295).jpg (1200x800, 680K)

>not wanting an air-transportable weapon platform

It's like other nations have bad taste.

The UN paint sheme actually looks pretty sweet on the Wiesel.

Attached: wiesel_1_mk_15_of_17.jpg (3456x2304, 1.67M)

Neat concept, but 5 tons is just too small to be armored against anything. The Bundeswehr withdrew them from Afghanistan for that reason- 10 to 15 tons would be perfect in a slightly larger vehicle, maybe optionally manned/unmanned.

Attached: image002.png (466x322, 83K)

Shit looks like a toy. Then again I see all tanks that way so.

Attached: 1557863530235.png (600x800, 936K)

is meow dog okay?

Got any more of these images?

Hey Wiesel, make way for grandpa tankette.

Attached: type94tk-03.jpg (500x338, 31K)

It's enough to stop small arms, and very low to the ground. Poor for open flat areas, but great for the original terrain of muddy forests.

Why do I hear the sound of a SNK machine?

Attached: 186197-mstank.jpg (300x300, 14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=i-V5rB5UOgA

Personally I like the moto-tank

Attached: kettenkrad.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

Attached: 300px-Hetzer_lesany.jpg (300x225, 24K)

seems like a decent scout vehicle

>Every army should have something like the Wiesel.
Too gimmicky and of no use expeditionary.

Is that a prosthetic leg behind it? Did Private Gimpy get vaporized by missile backblast?

Attached: tanklet.jpg (739x444, 58K)

It's designed to operate with the light infantry to provide them with addional mechanized capabilities.

And it's a game changer if your airborne or mountain forces can pull out 20mm machinecannon support out of nowhere.

hmm yes wiesel thread!
i wish it could carry more fuel, though

Attached: 1561567469432.jpg (720x500, 250K)

do m113s count ?

Attached: wRPAifS.jpg (800x543, 290K)

tell me about the M113
why does he wear the aluminum armor?

What would a Wiesel tank girl look like?

Old doctrine made her dress silly

Love the fact that they even have a 30mm autocannon for that thing.

Attached: wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-001i.jpg (700x563, 81K)

To be fair, they use a recoil less 30mm

I imagine it's some sort of measuring or observing device.
It's from a hige Nato air defence exercise so some stuff was probably tracked.

Wait what.
Infuriates me all the more that we germans refuse to Upgrade our wiesel.
In in airborne and our heavy company always drives around with these things on exercises.
Just imagine how much more devastatin they could become with a 30mm, that would not only fuck infantry even more and harder and also more fatally, but could even mess with armor.

Well at least we are getring the 120mm.mortar wiesel at some point as well as the MELLS/ spike LR Upgrade for the TOW ones.

More likely a sight for dismounted firing, judging by the cable.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 12K)

A tender for 7 automted 20mm was made few weeks ago.

Attached: 1cj18pH.png (1291x978, 709K)

Attached: 1548276256927.jpg (3840x2160, 826K)

Attached: Weisel TOW.webm (854x470, 2.66M)

Attached: Weisel.jpg (1280x960, 147K)

Attached: Weisel mortar.jpg (1600x1155, 364K)

>*Teleportiert sich hinter dich*
>*Cuts your funding in half*
>*Nicht persöhnliches, Deutschland*

Attached: Unbenannt.png (806x450, 468K)

I wish someone would come up with something similar to a Wiesel but for civilian applications. It’d be neat to take one off road

Attached: 20140802_093259_zpscb3ce659.jpg (1024x576, 237K)

>>>/reddit/

If only I had some property in the sticks, I'd buy one of those reproduction ones and putter up and down the mountains all day.

Is there anything that women -don't- ruin?

Wait, wait. Someone makes a repro panzerbike? Because I've wanted one since I was eight.

Suppose that, hypothetically, the US Army bought a few thousand of these neat little things. What would they do with them?

smoll

30mm for soft targets?

She was the one for wanted an aircraft carrier though.

>another dyke defense minister
Germany's run by childless dykes.

Attached: Wiesel LRV.webm (854x480, 2.77M)

Attached: Wiesel mortar system.webm (384x288, 2.56M)

Attached: Wiesel Ozelot.webm (854x480, 2.59M)

Attached: Wiesel.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

invade mexico

The Bren Carrier is objectively cuter. It's like a little Limey clown car.

Attached: 95ded4154375c099f36a26ae4c8fcffb.jpg (970x606, 86K)

Attached: rwds.jpg (250x187, 11K)

How the fug is this supposed to work?

Attached: Bren_Turreted.png (1024x769, 1.69M)

This is an excellent prime mover for support of airborne.air mobile forces

>reverses in
>reverses out
magic?

The Puma does this as well.
It once has armor piercing ammo but also air burst HE.
And actually really mean shit as well.
Beforeni joined airborne i was in Panzergrenadiere.
One projectile can, depensing on the terrain, fuck up to a whole platoon in really good circumstances, but will likelae shoot a few more rounds anyways just to be sure.

Wolframcarbide splinters everywhere.

So i dont see a reason why not, more people hit with more shrapnel und more explosive impulse are always good.

What's your favourite camo for this little bugger?

Because it's cheaper and just as effective.

I prefer this desu

Attached: P_20190624_140806.jpg (4032x2268, 2.23M)

ROCKET LAWN CHAIR

Tankette's are cute as fuck but also a dead meme in the current meta. If ground drones become the new norm I could see them making a comeback.

Shit like the Wiesel and BMD filled niche roles, but they might still be relevant in case of conventional war.

The BMD is an APC / IFV hybrid that I can see staying relivant but I don't see how the Wiesel will remain cost effective given that light AT is common and tracks cost wat more than wheels for something that will die just as easy.

Yeah, wheels might be the future, but the Wiesels intention was to operate far behind the frontline, where AT weapons would be less common.

After all, its still a mechanized airborne vehicle just like the BMD, just that the APC and IFV variants were split on Wiesels.

They are getting a bit old now tho, so costs might be the issue.

The main place I could see them being useful is actually on the open planes in the middle east. They can shit on infantry with their 20mm and use their speed to give ATGMs a hell of a time trying to hit them at 2km.

krautmagic

it turned around inside you dingus

43-point turn
i.imgur.com/2dinngN.gifv

Tracks have better tactical mobility. Especially in muddy places.

The problem with the RMK 30 is ammunition, can a WIesel 1 carry a meaningful amount of ammunition. And the fact that recoilless rifles wouldn't be safe for closing operating own infantry.

>lack of range
>lack of stowage for gas, ammo, supplies
>obsolete armour against most anything.
Their only, and intended and effective, use is in European wood and farm lands sneaking up on objects and trench/ditch running across fields and forests. I remember battle reports between Dutch and German air assault and when Dutch were gaining and winning it was always the winged hus.. I mean Wiesels that saved the day for the Germans.

She is cute, that is why she is called Wiesel-chan.

the CVRT is such a badass little thing. like a kitten open-carrying an AT4

Attached: Up-armoured_vehicles_begin_Afghanistan_operations-02.jpg (960x640, 171K)

Replace the Stryker MGS, if they weren't complete tards. Autocannon for urban infantry support, TOW launcher for antiarmor. What else do you need an AFV for?

>Autocannon for urban infantry support, TOW launcher for antiarmor. What else do you need an AFV for?

autocannons are dogshit for dealing with structures or fortifications of any kind, so as soon as you roll up to one, your teeny weeny autocannon thingy is useless. you can make a little progress with the TOW but those missiles are big and take time to reload, so the amount of missiles you can chuck at any given fortification is going to be small. this is half the reason we use actual tanks - they have actual guns on them.

The Wiesel with its like 5t is designed for enviroments which wouldn't be sustainable for other heavy vehicles.

Giing your light infantry fast 20mm gun support is a significant increase of capabilities. Or giving your airborne infantry a fast and powerful TOW platform is more than just a nice have.