Knife thred

I spend tons so you dont have to edition

Attached: 26863378_222894348257689_466273473698725888_n.jpg (1080x565, 1011K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyOgDctFe-s
nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html
youtu.be/NZiqN8kX2rw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some insight into Wankler Knives (two)

>They feel very good
>Toothy, thick as fuck edges
>Tapered tangs mostly
>Lighter than competitors
>They stink unless coated. Will fuck up your food.
>Wood is untreated (!)
>Sheath has no advantage over kydex, easy to stab interior felt but it doesnt make noise
>Caswell shit is overrated, coated shit underrated

Attached: 91224_1_x.jpg (1000x667, 145K)

Original NSW knife and the hatchet of seal team 3's controversy.

Attached: devgay.png (853x1229, 2.25M)

Nice collection, but do you even train with them you big dumb faggot?

Attached: 61tnoxfhNCL._SY500_.jpg (350x500, 37K)

I have trainers for some of them. Trainers are toys for nerds though.

Knife threads are just shit. Same pictures of knives no one uses, then talk about how great it is, when the owner has only used it to open packages.

Here, fag

Attached: 16789691_767299633427147_7121239189051408384_n.jpg (1080x800, 109K)

Attached: 12530719_1104927999538356_1926256681_n.jpg (1080x933, 280K)

My box cutter is okay

Attached: 0927180823.jpg (2067x1164, 1.5M)

I am thinking of getting a ROSarms Finka NKVD, thing just looks sexy

Attached: 233637465.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

Let's be honest here, if anyone wanted a knife for 100% practical innawoods purposes they'd just buy a mora and be done with it.

h-hi..

Attached: 66684470_382139929112734_9125681416569356288_n.jpg (1504x2016, 142K)

Nah, bk 16 is better.

Attached: 20190525_212228.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

Here's one I made recently

Attached: 20190714_012616.jpg (4032x1960, 3.14M)

That's pretty dope, user. So when you shipping it to my house?

R8

Attached: IMG_20190715_230111.jpg (1662x1440, 540K)

Poorfag/10

Anyone fool with these weeb knives? I got a cheapo one as a gift. It looked like a piece of crap so I just tossed it in my toolbox. The ergonomics suck, but it's honestly a pretty good knife. Easy to open one-handed, and the steel is of remarkably good quality for such a cheap knife.

I just got to reading a book on woodworking, in which the author explains that when he went to grade school in Japan (many years ago), those knives were a mandatory 'school supply' that all grade school kids had to have. Not only did the schools teach how to maintain your knife, but you also used it for arts and crafts as well as to sharpen your pencil.

Kinda funny how the snowflakes have pushed society from knives being a mandatory tool that everyone learned to use and care for into something that people would have a shitfit about if they found at a school.

Attached: higonokami-standard-knife.jpg (1080x720, 208K)

I'm going to make knives regularly, once I'm set up better, I'll sell them to you fags

I hope you make better ones, because whoever designed that one has very little time behind a cutting board. The belly is all kinds of wrong.

At what you fuckin moron? Being unnecessarily expensive and coming with shitty handle scales and sheaths that everyone swaps out? Not to mention the shit coating. 1095 is great but it’s honestly no better than Mora’s Carbon steel. I have used both extensively. The Mora will carve wood and do wilderness tasks better and is easier to resharpen with the Scandi grind. The Full-Flat grind of the BK is better at food prep, skinning game, and is a more durable cutting edge. Plus the full tang is nice. Not work the money though. Being made in USA means fuck-all as well. And let’s not forget the fact that Moras are only $12

That’s because none of these fags have any woods experience and don’t know what actually works. I grew up in the mountains of NW Oregon doing a lot of hunting and hiking. That’s why I own 3 Moras. Because they are lightweight as fuck and slice and carve better than most other knives with Sabre and Full-Flat grinds. Although, I don’t think they’re the “do everything” knives. My Strongarm rides my chest rig for hard abuse and defense.

>my 4 year old Robust not pictured

Attached: 06FAF950-EAD4-4F02-81BA-291959E3A5FE.jpg (4032x3024, 3.8M)

There is no belly, it's a cleaver/chopper, you are a blithering idiot

For one, to me the BK feels 100x better in hand than a Mora does, specially if using it for longer periods of time. The handles are shit but you can literally spend 10 mins stippling it really quick and no longer have that issue (Did it with the black scales, came out pretty decent), yeah the sheath is shitty as fuck, I spent 15 mins with sewing needle and thread, after market clasp and it's been fine for a few years now, prefer it more than cheapo sheath that Mora has. Also Mora just uses 1095 while Becker uses 1095 crovan, which is actually more rust resistant than a Mora's 1095. Though the BK has a skeletonized tang, I'd still put it up to more abusive tasks than I would with a Mora, I do like my battony chop chop, also that full flat grind I find works amazing if I hold it up to a 1 to 2 inch thick sapling, or dead wood, etc smack it once or twice with a club and it usually goes right through it. Also food prep and that shit you mention. Mora is cheap, I see the Bk16 go on sale all the time for 35 to 40. Also, not every one is you, each person has had a dif experience than you, makes choices based on that, so you coming out and calling me a moron cause I made a opinion, just shows you're some angry faggot, I feel sorry for you. Later homo.

all defeated by a negro with a .25 jennings

>tries justifying his purchase by saying “1095 Cro-Van is more rust resistant” and “later homo” while telling me about all the work he had to do to get their knife decent.

I mean, now that you have it, great. It’ll serve you. But for people looking to buy a new knife, don’t mislead.

Mora makes several knife handle designs. Unless you have weak manlet hands, there is one for you. The sheaths are fine the way they are. They don’t rattle and have decent retention. Plus they slip onto your pocket with the clip design. (And how do you make it much better while keeping the price at $10-15?) And that “1095 Cro-Van is more rust resistant” is bullshit. They rust the same regardless. Plus Ka-Bar puts that garbage coating on it. Shows how rust resistant they think it is. Mora doesn’t coat them, and in return, my knives develop a natural patina from plant materials during use. Kinda makes them dark purple and they honestly never rust with minimal care afterwords. I live in the PNW so it’s wet here too. The steels are honestly on par IMO but that shows how it’s not something to justify high prices with. I like expensive knives, but I make sure it’s actually worth it.

OP, do old knives count?

Attached: JkPnrCU.jpg (3024x4032, 1.25M)

That's like. 2k on knives

I would much rather have your knives than OP's

Opinion on the ka-Bar?

Attached: crayone_knife .jpg (463x500, 20K)

This is my peasent knife.

Attached: IMG_20190717_123627.jpg (4160x3120, 2.41M)

It's a knife

garbage

knives should be ellegal for safety
you guys need to have sex

What does a higher price folding knife offer over a cheaper knife? Say a paramilitary 2 over a Okc rat 1. Is it just materials?

Materials, design, manufacturing quality, demand, pricing policy.

Action smoothness, somewhat higher grip with the choil, less retarded jimping, and brand name.

Looks like some mall ninja stuff
Too bad it doesn't look authentic enough to be good replica.

Attached: post-118-0-55412900-1356798448.jpg (1200x800, 244K)

Bruh do u even operate

Attached: reset-7-1484007096 (1).jpg (1075x1292, 162K)

>>imagine being this retardic
>>proudly shows a pic of one of his mall ninja tier meme knife collection displayed innawood

gosh, no count for taste but this is just pathetic

makes me depressed to think this is average Jow Forumsommando knife collector

Attached: swi38a.jpg (540x303, 39K)

the becker BK series are good, the old style ones are shit because they are ancient designs. Buy a mora first, and use it. Eventually you will see why you might want something like a becker bk2.

recommend me nice edc knife.
does switch blade suck?

get a hideaway knife

What do you plan on using it for? Switch blades are a gimmick and usually are poor value.

Ontario RAT I & II in D2
ESEE Avispa & Zancudo in D2
Steel Will Cutjack & Modus (D2)
RUIKE P801 & Hussar (14C28N)
CIVIVI Baklash (9Cr18MoV)

>does switch blade suck
Which one? There are many switchblades.
>nice edc knife
What do you plan to do with it? I'm into collecting fighting and historical knives, so I have my own good knife criterias, and what can you say about the kind of knife you want?

i searched it on web suddenly found this dude youtube.com/watch?v=KyOgDctFe-s
is this knife good? it seems so unstable.
self protection, survival etc
thank you, i'm searching for them.

Well those all have different designs. For a defensive folder the new Byrds with the Emerson openers could be good, and I think it would do alright for most basic camp tasks.

>is this knife good
Looks like mall ninja shit
>self protection, survival
That's not something you do daily. Especially
>survival
Get a good fixed blade, like one by one of those numerous finnish manufacturers who use Lauri blades.

They are decent imo but you need to take good care of it because it'll rust fast

oof muh dicc tfw no M1918
Seconding.
>does switch blade suck?
For EDC? Yes.
>self protection
A gun. Or Gerber Mk II.
>survival
lol

>all tnat stuff
>no NR-40 or any other soviet knife
Your set wouldn't be full without one

i've been just normie, recently into knives. i don't know variety of switvh blades well, so.
>purpose
self defense, survival and bushcraft, maybe.
>spyderco
checked. thank you
>Lauri
checked. is Lauri a company name?

>self defense, survival and bushcraft, maybe.
Then there is no better blade than fixed blade. And no better grinds than Scandi and convex
> is Lauri a company name?
Yep. Laurin Metalli is a finnish company making blades for puukkos, out of carbon and stainless steel
Their blades are used by multiple finnish manufacturers: Ahti, Erapuu, Kauhavan Puukkopaja and others. But you can buy one blade and make handle for yourself.

>self defense
push dagger or "clinch pick"
>survival
honestly just get a cold steel bushman. put whatever 'survival' trinkets you want in the handle. i think they're under $20, no excuse not to have one in every trunk and backpack.
>bushcraft
thick blade, some chopping ability, scandi, convex, or flat grind. lots of choices out there. i've been mucking around with one made by tops called the brothers of bushcraft fieldcraft, it's pretty decent.

>push dagger
Concealable, but nowhere as good as normal dagger.
>clinch pick"
Posh circumcision knife. That's not something you come out and fight with
>cold steel bushman
It may be good for a spear, but I doubt that it will be good at bushcraft things.

>Concealable, but nowhere as good as normal dagger.
Unless you've been trained in escrima or something, a push dagger is almost certainly the better choice for you in combat. Throwing punches is easy and instinctive.
>you dont fight with a clinch pick
Dude, clinch picks are made primarily for fighting. A fighting knife doesn't have to be gigantic to be effective, especially if you're using it appropriately as a close quarters tool to create space and employ a primary weapon.
>It may be good for a spear, but I doubt that it will be good at bushcraft things.
Why do you doubt that? It's a thicc *monolithic* chunk of carbon steel. Full tang? Try 'my tang and blade are literally the same work piece of hardened steel'. they're extremely durable and abuse resistant, field maintainable, and can be used as a very effective pig sticker.

>Throwing punches is easy and instinctive
not the guy you're responding, but throwing punches is not intuitive if you haven't trained in some kind of striking.

Watch any fight between people who don't know how to fight and they tend to flail or throw clotheslines than any clean punches.

10 inch dirk my friend made me from old jackhammer bits. It's hard to express just how good the craftsmanship is from photos.

Attached: 20190308_164121.jpg (2576x1932, 2.46M)

Love the Winkler knives. I used to be in law enforcement and our chief was a huge knife guy and gave every new officer a winkler knife. They are so simple but are built like tanks.

>not the guy you're responding, but throwing punches is not intuitive if you haven't trained in some kind of striking.
throwing effective kinetic strikes requires some training, but put a 3 inch long punch dagger in their hands and even an untrained 5 foot tall woman becomes pretty darn lethal with just some oomph-free rabbit punches.

Attached: 20190308_164145.jpg (2576x1932, 2.56M)

based and spqr-pilled

Attached: e7aac70dcd2ae31abac26a9f5a197660.jpg (700x937, 74K)

>escrima
Doubt.jpg They look cool on video, but how practical are they?
> push dagger is almost certainly the better choice for you in combat
I'd rather grab a normal knife, which I can grab in a normal way. It's just more comfortable, and offers more reach.
>Throwing punches is easy and instinctive.
Knife fighting has more common with fencing (Destreza in particular) than with boxing. Different moving style, different protection, different everything.
> clinch picks are made primarily for fighting.
Fighting who, angry monkeys?
A century ago, a fighting knife looked like picrelated. It was long enough to deliver a deep stab wound and it could cut just as well. That little thingy you posted requires you to go in the clinch or in a very close distance- an insta-death situation in a knife fight.
> A fighting knife doesn't have to be gigantic to be effective
I agree. But those little things are pointless. They give no distance advantage.
>specially if you're using it appropriately as a close quarters tool to create space and employ a primary weapon.
A russian military saying: "to engage in a fist fight you have to depart from your squadron, loose your primary, your secondary, your vest, helmet, bayonet and meet another retard like yourself". Omit the part with bayonet and you will get the version for a knife fight.
> It's a thicc *monolithic* chunk of carbon steel
Maybe it's too thicc. DESU I have to take a good look at it in person.
And it's seems to be quite heavy in comparison with, let's say, Marttiini 131.

Attached: 1-roman-knife.jpg (1403x960, 431K)

Remember what model?

>I'd rather grab a normal knife, which I can grab in a normal way. It's just more comfortable, and offers more reach.
you collect knives and hang out on a knife thread on the weapons forum of Jow Forums. fair, it may not be the best choice for you due to your level of martial and technical skill.
>Knife fighting has more common with fencing (Destreza in particular) than with boxing.
I'm just going to ask you this question. How many people have you killed with knives? I'm not talking about the fucking Jets vs the Sharks here, mano a mano with hand razors, that's not how smart people are going to ever use a knife.
>Fighting who, angry monkeys?
Fighting humans in close quarters who are trying to grapple with you, take your primary weapon or prevent you from using your primary weapon.
>That little thingy you posted requires you to go in the clinch or in a very close distance- an insta-death situation in a knife fight.
You're envisioning defensive knife usage as some scene out of West Side Story. That's not how shit goes down, that's not sound tactical planning. At range, your primary weapon is a firearm. In the clinch is the only time you really need a knife, and you really only need it long enough to convince the person grappling with you to stop doing that.
>I agree. But those little things are pointless. They give no distance advantage.
What is "distance advantage" in the context of a knife? are you talking about throwing knives?
>A russian military saying: "to engage in a fist fight you have to depart from your squadron, loose your primary, your secondary, your vest, helmet, bayonet and meet another retard like yourself". Omit the part with bayonet and you will get the version for a knife fight.
Again, maybe your use case is very different than mine. I'm not worried about drawing a knife to close distance and fight another guy who has a knife. It's not even on my radar.

I'm carrying a knife because I also carry a gun, to make space. Thats it.

Keyboard id

>How many people have you killed with knives?
Why do you ask?
>that's not how smart people are going to ever use a knife.
Of course, the only regions where people still do mano a mano knife fights are South American countries, gypsy communes in Spain and probably somewhere in Italy, and I haven't been in neither of those places. But if I had to choose a shanking device, I'd pick something like Ti-Lite - long, sharp and stabby. Or a chef knife, for it's ability to make wounds wide and deep.
>Fighting humans in close quarters who are trying to grapple with you,
No man would ever grapple against a person with a knife, unless he's stoned. That's common sense.
>that's not sound tactical planning
Knife fighting has nothing to do with tactical planning. Modern warfare is built around interaction of squadrons, where people walk in groups, fight in groups, and do cleanup in groups, covering each other. Those squadrons are armed with modern means of resistance suppression: SMGs, assault rifles, grenades of all kinds, armor vests, etc. There is no place for knife fighting in modern warfare, unless this is a sport exercise.
>In the clinch is the only time you really need a knife
If you got in a clinch with a guy and there is no squadmate to get him off for you, then you're fucked. As russians say: eбaть ты дoлбoeб бpaтишкa, зeмля тeбe пyхoм.
>What is "distance advantage" in the context of a knife
Another "west side story" fight, as you say.
Imagine a fight like the depicted. One of the guys is armed with something small, like a Spyderco Delica, and other one has a longer knife, like, for the sake of an argument, a Cold Steel Espada Large. The guy with Delica can't stab as good, he has to get closer to cut his enemy, because he has a short blade. On the other side, Espada guy can deliver good cuts, wide and deep stab wounds, he can slash and he doesn't have to go for a clinch distance to stab his adversary.

Attached: navajaduel.jpg (550x436, 97K)

>Why do you ask?
Cuz it just seems like your ideas are unrealistic, or at least from a vastly different set of challenges than I expect to face.
>But if I had to choose a shanking device, I'd pick something like Ti-Lite - long, sharp and stabby.
Long knives in close quarters don't work as well as you think, for a few reasons. One, because they're hard to conceal and hard to draw quickly. Two, because the chances of the blade coming back on you are much higher as you lose mechanical leverage. Three, because they just get in the way and are difficult to maneuver. This is where tools like punch daggers and clinch picks shine.
>No man would ever grapple against a person with a knife, unless he's stoned. That's common sense.
Right, that's why you carry it.
>Knife fighting has nothing to do with tactical planning.
I can't speak to your experiences, but every professional I know of would disagree, to the extent that civilian, law enforcement, and militaries all have valid practical and tactical uses for blades, today. West Side Story, not so much, but an idiot trying to grab you and pull you out of your car, yeah that happens.
>If you got in a clinch with a guy and there is no squadmate to get him off for you, then you're fucked.
There are people who make their living in those situations. The veterans are selling us clinch picks, lol. Look into Craig Douglas over at ShivWorks.
>Imagine a fight like the depicted.
Yeah, see that's literally some West Side Story shit. I'm not going to stand around playing Gladiator for machismo with some dude. In that situation the correct move is to make space and draw down.

>Long knives in close quarters don't work as well as you think,
You don't go for close quarters with a knife.
>because they're hard to conceal and hard to draw quickly.
6 inch blade is easy to conceal. Easier than some really big knife like Smithsonian Bowie.
>because the chances of the blade coming back on you are much higher as you lose mechanical leverage
Explain pls, I don't get it.
>they just get in the way and are difficult to maneuver
I would understand you if you would talk about stuff like medieval daggers, they're really huge and shit. But It's a goddamn pocket knife with 6 inch blade, soviet WWII combat knives have 6 inch blades on average and they're not huge at all.
>his is where tools like punch daggers and clinch picks shine.
The only guy who was a big knife practitioner I know was into large fixed blade knives - his first was Mora Classic 2 with 4 inch blade, then russian Kizlyar KO dagger and Vadim Kondratiev's Kondrat curved dagger.
Right now he's serving 20 years sentence for serial killings.
>t civilian, law enforcement, and militaries all have valid practical and tactical uses for blades, today
I often speak to people from Army and Internal Troops.They view knives only as tools, not weapons. Though those who really like knife figthing, do it as a sport.
>Look into Craig Douglas over at ShivWorks.
He looks like a guy who tries to sell his martial art courses.
>that's literally some West Side Story shit
Yeah, though stuff like that was quite common IRL before the invention of brass casings.

im another user who earlier recommended you hideaway knife. too long, didn't read the new posts, but it seems you're discussing some knife fighting gimmicks

if you are new into knives, and also into knife fighting, I highly recommend reading the following first. full text if possible.

nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html

Attached: estoc.jpg (800x200, 10K)

Attached: 1563169481793.gif (300x300, 804K)

I would agree with the author until the idea that "knife "fights" don't happen".
>He summed up the problem with what was being promoted as knife work as "They're teaching dueling." By this he meant standing there toe-to-toe, with the same weapons and trying to kill each other like civilized gentlemen.
Because Rex Applegate had other tasks in mind when he spoke about knife fighting. He was a military instructor who had to teach people how to use their weaponry and their bodies in the simple and effective way in the era of brass-cased ammunition and mobile warfare.
And historical knife fighting was the way to avoid the weapon regulations or the way to master a backup weapon for the case of percussion or flintlock gun misfiring. It could be a useful skill back in the past.
Also, what's wrong with duelling aka learning how to feel your distance and trainning your reaction?

Also
>hideaway knife
Why would I pay 50 bucks for some gimmick blade that has no use outside of being a pickpocket's tool (since pickpockets use small razor blades and sharp coins to cut people's bags open)? I can get a big coin and sharpen it myself.

What are some good knives for EDC? I need something with a 3" blade or shorter. Las Vegas is pretty gun-friendly, but their knife laws are some old bullshit.

Also, where can I buy a legit kukri ?

Attached: 336-SLIMANE-Hedi-Portrait-of-a-French-Cadet.jpg (480x640, 41K)

>A century ago, a fighting knife looked like picrelated
You do realize that push daggers were in vogue in America in the 1800s and 1900s at the same time navajas were popular in Spain right?

Tora or Himalayan Imports

Attached: 15257346_1_x.jpg (598x1000, 56K)

What knife is that?

Attached: 1537837532345.gif (344x344, 236K)

Are cold steel blades any good? I want to buy some of their really cheap ones and try to replace the handles with something that doesn't look so cheap.

Yet at the same time there were other common knife types, such as bowie or mexican sacatripas.
>cold steel blades any good
Depends on the model and steel. For example, I used to EDC Eland with Krupp stainless steel blade and it is a wonderful knife.

Speaking of Cold Steel quality, here's an over-the-top test of Luzon
youtu.be/NZiqN8kX2rw

ESEE Izula is under 3" if you want a fixed blade.
Nice little carver.
I carry an ESEE 3 daily for work and I'm very happy with it, but it's on the larger side.

The BK2 is $40. That’s less than either of my ESEE knives

I don't get the point of this kind of video. An abused tool is going to break. You wouldn't use a cordless drill as a hammer, so why split nails with a knife?

If you think a 5” long blade that’s 1/4” thick is practical in any application, then you don’t spend enough time innawoods. If you need to really split wood, get a hatchet or small axe.

>but muh weight

Yeah, an axe and Mora are heavier than just a BK2, but that’s because they can also do literally anything better than a BK2. Mora does every fine knife task better and a hatchet does the heavy work and gives much larger capability overall. Plus using an axe for heavy work saves your knife edge. It’s been a proper combo for literal centuries. A BK2 is decent at everything, but great at nothing.

This was also $40 and I promise it has a thinner cutting edge than your BK2

Attached: 9FE741FD-03E5-4B53-B093-476B727A79E9.jpg (3024x3024, 1.8M)

They're fine overall but I'd stay away from their "budget" offerings, they border on straight up budk shit and their higher end stuff is ridiculously overpriced. The $50-$80 stuff is solid.

I’m building a new upper with A2 FSB and want to get a bayonet.

Which is the preferred brand for a simple M9 with sheathe?

Attached: D2B198EE-82D5-4EDA-8BB6-351A90C6E1C2.jpg (700x467, 30K)

This. BK is overhyped thick fucking prybar, just as ka bar is

Btw Modern mass produced knives are mostly garbage, they do not invest enough to give them proper edge geometry. customers dont give shit, since most of them buying knives nowadays are just weebs thus never use them enough to feel that, and ones who do use get themselves custom blades

My EDC today.

Attached: 20190718_201141.jpg (855x698, 527K)

Just don’t get a bayonet

Who /Gough Custom/ here?

heard those knifes entered the memezone.
and not just because of murderous SEALs
but total shit quality
he claims handmade knife to knife but I have seen pics of stupid rounded bottom edge of blade, non uniform, total amateurism at work
maybe he has his son working on knifes
or his fucking dog
his only claim to fame was he made the knifes for a good movie:
>The Last of the Mohicans
and has the knifes in the flick did not have edges
he must not have gotten the memo that knifes in real world expected to me sharp

>fucking nails on axe handle
die you fucker >knifemaker

>edgy
Is your name Holden?

Seriously, why people keep buying this shit?
>>steel : cheap-ass hypoeutectoid plain carbon steel, inferior in every single way compare to modern high alloy tool steels
>>design : voodoo looking shit with no explanation of it or whatsoever. only trying to mimic those blades of the past(trade knife it seems), though their handle scales are sandwiched with some walmart epoxy
>>finish : mulky shit-tier patination, providing no corrosion resistance at all, done primarily in order to hide the blades poor finish(i.e. abrasive scratch marks from belt sander)
>>even their advertisement presents no specific application or usage of this knife, just banging on the car window and some bricks showing how 'tough' it is.

just get a geologist hammer you dumb fuck shit

they're literally ripping off of weeb degenerates like OP is.

just get a load of this dickhead he literally has a collection lol what a fucking retard
and proudly presents his 'usage' of it as this user says
god please tell me it's a lie that im living in a world literally full of retards, who got no critical thought in their ornamental monkey brain

Attached: Winkler-Knives-WKII-Belt-knife-maple-black-BHQ-12662-er-large.jpg (711x800, 74K)

Nice long dirk

Lol y'all niggas really holding a dick measuring contest about who has the most autistic piece of pointy metal

What are these ? I like

you're sperging m8. Winklers are good tools, I can tell you've never held one ( or have shit taste) .
Dan Winkler states numerous times WKII is production, waterjet cut and hand ground by workers. We call that mid tech.

They are very tough and very well designed, but all of them are designed for a specific purpose, that usually has to do with either military - like use ( Stabbing, prying etc ) or just killing , so of course they're not really the most practical for most people and they're mostly had for the cool and fun factor.

The tangs are mostly tapered, symmetrically, they feel great in the hand. Those knives with non tapered thick as fuck tangs feel awesome as well, all Winkler knives are lighter than their counterparts from other Brands like busse, spartan, entrek etc.... The benefit of this is you can get a thicker knife for the same equivalent weight, and if you can't figure out why you'd want that then you'll never understand why Winklers are so used.

Second, the voodoo looks are a major selling point. You get a tacticool knife With a different look, than most any other brand. Some carry tacticlol gearand clothes because they have no option, but Winklers are a traditional looking option that works just as well.

As for the sloppiness, they have gotten better. Their first models were a shitshow of uneven edges and bad grinds. The worst part is the trademark sheath. It's lined with felt on the inside, so it's very easy to cut if you're not careful. As for the leather on the outside of the kydex, I can only imagine it's there for the corporate image, as it is a useless and retarded thing in my opinion.

Winklers are 8 or 9/10 knives, they're just overpriced due to popularity .If they costed half as much they'd be fairly priced, and they could ditch the bad expensive sheath

Attached: 28753485_556105498099078_7421978524308733952_n.jpg (480x480, 46K)