Something i've always wondered, how does the driver of a t-34 come out of the tank when shit hits the fan?

Something i've always wondered, how does the driver of a t-34 come out of the tank when shit hits the fan?

Attached: t-34 driver.jpg (1100x763, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rTnS0XS2al8?t=803
youtube.com/watch?v=Nem_Zc51ksg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he doesn't

hahahehehehihihihohoho

unironically this

This. Your ass is safer in the tank, if it gotten to the point of needing to fuck off, you're probably already dead or about to die.

I drove a sherman,T-34, and a leopard at drivetanks.com in San Antonio last November.

There was a stark difference between all three of the tanks.

The Sherman was a fine tank. Its what you would expect a world war II tank to be. Sturdy, Noisy, reliable. When you first get into it, you get the impression you're going into a turtle shell. I was surprised by how simple the interior was. The tank turns on and goes straight. You turn using two levers which feel a lot like a giant rubber band. I'm 6'3" and you really had to exert yourself into the levers to turn well. The ride was ok, rough, but you would anticipate it from a WWII tank.

The leopard was the most recent tank they had. You could tell improvements were made after WWII. It turned much easier and the suspension ate a lot of the road. It felt a lot like driving a car.

The T-34 gave me an experience I wasn't expecting. You sit in a cramped compartment. Trying to turn the tank feels like trying to push a boulder. You felt every bump knocking you into the side of the driver's hatch. It fucking sucked.

Why did soviet Russia build a suspension-less tank?

When I was in Berlin, I forced my girlfriend to visit the Soviet monuments with me. The smaller of the two had two T-34s with it. Those things are incredibly small for a MBT. Must be a fucking nightmare to be trapped in one.

Attached: 406803-Large-fullheightview-south-view.jpg (800x600, 103K)

Not true, if the tank got hit by an 88 from a mile away and a fire started or something you best get out and run back to base to you can drive another day

pretty cool. how much did you pay?

I paid about 10 grand between the tanks, shooting an STG-44, MG-42, FG-42 and a MP5SV, flamethrower, M2 50cal, and shooting the main gun on the Sherman. I had just passed the bar exam and wanted to do some fun shit.

My only disappointments were that (1)I could not fire the Sherman from inside the cabin; and (2) the STG-44 and FG-42 kept jamming. They put a rope through an access panel they cut in the turret dome and you pull it. At the same time, I had never see a tank fire in person, so it was pretty surreal. You fire at a junk car and when the gun goes off, it hits you in the chest.

MG-42 was a lot of fun to fire. Mp5 lost its fun after 5 rounds. Its just quiet with no recoil.

>I had never see a tank fire in person, so it was pretty surreal. You fire at a junk car and when the gun goes off, it hits you in the chest.

Yeah, that shit is an experience. Biggest thing I have ever seen in person was a 500kg bomb dropped by a jet, from like 300m. That shit goes through your guts.

>10 grand between the tanks, shooting an STG-44, MG-42, FG-42 and a MP5SV, flamethrower, M2 50cal, and shooting the main gun on the Sherman

Seems like spending some money on a tank and the right property to drive it is a good way to make some money

>Why did soviet Russia build a suspension-less tank?

The T-34 actually has one of the best suspensions of any tank in WWII. The range of motion of the bogey wheels is very good.

Makes me wonder why your ride was so shitty. Should have been better than the Sherman's you'd think. Maybe the ergonomics of the T-34 are just abysmal, that would negate any benefit of the suspension.

the christie suspension is good in its own rights but at the end of the day it takes up too much internal space in the tank.

youtu.be/rTnS0XS2al8?t=803

I'm sorry to sayhave the short of it. It's Fucking Hard to get out of a T-34's hull.

>STG-44 and FG-42 kept jamming
shit ammo probably, its not like 8mm is common in the USA

The monument already stood in it's present form when the Reichstag was still lying in ruins. And it will still stand when everything around it is scorched earth again.

Get fucked

Attached: image.jpg (4096x3072, 1.86M)

Cant wait until they scrape that shitstain off their country

we will see about that you commie fuck

>All that stuff
America really is everything I dreamed it to be

In leaky chunks

That's a true fact, but the ride should be much better than a Sherman.

feels good that i can understand some of that german,

Presuming they're not killed, out the front hatch or they break their seat and go out through the turret.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nem_Zc51ksg (20:56 shows trying to get out.) Granted that Moran is taller than a Soviet tanker but it still looks like a miserable process.
I think the one even more fucked is the co-driver/bow gunner since they have no hatch of their own.

If it was an early T-34 then it had the smaller turret and one less crew than the T-34-85. Also keep in mind that if it looked small from the outside, it's even more cramped on the inside because of the Christie suspension.

>Shitty experience in a T34

That's because it wasn't designed for people over 5'7.
Malnourished Soviet mantlets are alot easier to pack into a tank that significant less internal space than a Sherman.

Attached: obj_775.jpg (3888x2592, 1.29M)

>soviets
>giving a solitary shit about the lives of russians, military or civillian.

there is a floor hatch, but its difficult to use according to tests at the abardeen testing ground

During battle of Moscow, none of the crew could bail because they literally welded the hatches to prevent deserters

Attached: 1563308267026.jpg (334x506, 42K)

>10k to play with toys
Rich jew detected.

10k would be enough to solve most of my problems, it's weird to hear that other people spend it on a good afternoon

The assistant gunner does have an escape hatch under his feat but it's arguably better to burn to death rather than use it.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using it. Even on the M4 Sherman it usually wasn't the first option for escape.

Attached: Citation-needed.jpg (400x400, 16K)

the floor hatch on the sherman was for ejecting shell casings, but it has been used as an escape hatch
its also been used as a rescue hatch

Red Army also had 100 gram daily vodka rations and the NKVD murdered tens of thousands of officers

I'm good Italian boy who's been lucky enough to be able to afford to spurge occasionally.

I've read that also after doing some research post-ride. It conflicts with what the liaison at the business said (it had no suspension), which makes me think the problem resided with the individual tank itself rather than a design flaw. I believe he said it was the only operational T-34 in the US.

>not common
But it is. My buddy has a full fun stg 44 and he buys off the shelf 8mm Kurz from Cabelas.

I've heard of tanks being chained shut if the crews were accused of cowardice. Welded shut sounds like more work than you need.

I think the only time I've ever heard of anybody using the escape hatch was the movie Fury(2014)

In regards to the STG-44, I went the day after veteran's day. The business' armorer checked the chamber after it jammed a few times and saw there was a gouge from the day before and the tip of the next round would get caught feeding into the barrel. We didn't find any confirmed reason why the FG-42 jammed, but I assumed it was due to the age of the gun. the MG-42 ran great with no issues.

It was my impression that all the bullets there were handloaded. They had a pretty impressive armory room and made all the Sherman shells on-site.

>3.5 fl oz
So just enough for one big boi shot, those poor sober lads.

>I believe he said it was the only operational T-34 in the US.

>It doesn't have a functioning suspension.

It's not really operational then. Also there are a lot of T-34s in the USA. Maybe he meant his is the only one with a functioning gun? I don't know.

>I think the only time I've ever heard of anybody using the escape hatch was the movie Fury(2014
they were used in the pacific to both drop drop grenades into trenches when they rode over them and to load wounded people as a makeshift ambulance
they used the hatch for pretty much everything, so they might have used it for escape even if no one wrote about it

people testing the interior are all able to escape through the hatch easily and quickly, so it would be a decent escape hatch if you forced to

Death before dismount.

How did they get out of the tanks when their mission was over? Or was it a one-way trip?

>You will never capture a qt russian tank driver waifu after she bails out shell shocked, take her into a remote cabin in the woods to look after her, heal her wounds and hide her from your murderous SS comrades and wait for stockholm syndrome to set in
Actually it might make a pretty good film

>DEAD

Attached: 1385305426077.jpg (636x607, 46K)

This train only stops in Berlin, Tovarish

>most destroyed tank in history
Generally one piece at a time.