Turkey officially out of the F-35 program

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/07/17/trump-nixes-turkeys-participation-f-35-program-amid-rift-s-400-missile/1734060001/

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally official. What are they going to buy instead of the world's greatest fighter aircraft?

Attached: jsf-rn.jpg (512x386, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defense.gov/Watch/Live-Events/#/?currentVideo=20893
wsj.com/articles/dont-let-turkey-defect-to-russia-11563232042
globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-nato-members.asp
twitter.com/i/status/1151549626274783232
youtube.com/watch?v=mgA5wsshJm8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzerzhinsk,_Russia#Pollution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

second hand su-27s off the pajeets

Attached: 1450709859467.jpg (1462x1462, 942K)

>Turkey officially out of the F-35 program
Good, now kick them out of NATO

>What are they going to buy instead of the world's greatest fighter aircraft?

Most likely Su-35s, but read somewhere that tey might try and order the Su-57s too.

Probably SU-57s, Russia will sell anything to anybody at this point.

Beat me to it.

it's the only way they can subsidize their fighter industry. maybe they'll be able to afford more than 12 now.

Nah, it's better to put up with their bullshit (to a point), than to give Russia control over the Bosporus.

I think Russia currently plans to buy 76 over the next 10 years.

pic very much related

Attached: T-50 is kill.png (1865x315, 36K)

Over the next few years, expect headlines in the order of:
>"Turkey signs contract to buy Russian Su-57s"
>"S-400 AND Su-57: how Turkey holds the most power in NATO"
>"Turkey's next-gen fighter purchase hits delays"
>"Su-57s taking longer to deliver than expected, but that just means more improvements made"
>"Russian fighter of the future will beat the aging F-22 Raptor"
>"Turkey to begin taking delivery of Russian superfighter SOON"

>"Turkey to buy F-35"

They're already moving into Russia's area of influence. Just cut the thread now rather than letting them slowly betray us for the next twenty years.

Well I don't know about you, but I'm going to be yukking it up when Russia is license producing Chinese 5th generations and calling it the SU-whatever while the US and EU move on to the 6th generation.

Attached: img_298_17592_3.jpg (1275x888, 81K)

Imagine being that Turkish pilot who was already trained to fly F-35 just to end in a Su-35.

This

>Imagine being Turkish at all

defense.gov/Watch/Live-Events/#/?currentVideo=20893

Live brief on from the Pentagon folks.

wsj.com/articles/dont-let-turkey-defect-to-russia-11563232042

Attached: 1381642953819.jpg (408x610, 73K)

This

I wouldn't be surprised.

fpbp

Attached: turkroach.png (1300x845, 731K)

Well, at least they got the S400 out of it.

Attached: 0AE33232-F5F2-4C66-91F3-30A49AFED6E2.jpg (1254x1501, 182K)

Didn't they already receive some? And if they didn't, why didn't they just wait and buy the S-400s after getting them lol

>Didn't they already receive some?
Sort of, but not really. Some were already produced for Turkey but they remained in the US for pilot training.

The US has finished production on a number of their F-35s, but they've only been used by Turkish pilots for training in the US. None have actually been sent to the country.

>why didn't they just wait and buy the S-400s after getting them lol
I'm sure they would tremendously enjoy the few dozen flight hours they could squeeze out of the airframes before they're permanently grounded due to the lack of spare parts.
If they "ran away" with them it would simply be better for them to sell them to China or Russia

Su-57 also meaning he will buy even further Russian stuff since "5th Generation" means first and foremost "everything inter-connected".

Vlad won another geo-political game.

Attached: 5a0b378e15e9f92a21389441.jpg (900x839, 158K)

Well, aside from that, doing something like that would be a pretty easy way to irreversibly piss off the rest of NATO, and everyone else who flies the F-35 for that matter. The US is understandably unhappy with Turkey's current actions, but relations are nowhere near as bad as they would be if the Turks pulled a bait and switch.

Running away with them would still be better than not getting them at all.

see

>USA is about to lose their 2nd most powerful NATO member

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHHHAAAHAHA
IT'S CRASHING AND BURNING!!!

Turks are pathetic.

Attached: 1280px-F-35_operators_without_Turkey.png (1280x651, 191K)

Pretty sure that would be England and or France.

Attached: EnGoyz.jpg (1432x976, 116K)

It'll be fun to see Poland, Switzerland, and Canada on that map in a few years.

Should have invested into Tejas from the very beginning

Regardless of Britain's widespread political issues, they do operate one of the most effective modern militaries. The Turks really aren't that well-equipped compared to a good portion of NATO.

Attached: Britistan.png (656x442, 529K)

I don't see a problem with much of this accept that most these are just generally far right and not extreme right wing.

Correct. The Turks are more on par with the Italians than the French and Brits.

2nd most powerful.

Attached: Member-states-of-NATO-Wikipedia-2019-07-17-17-07-11.jpg (944x1051, 258K)

>Implying quantity=quality
In this case the Chinese army is the most powerful in the world amirite ?

Good.

POO

t. uses Leopard 2s as stationary artillery

I don't know why people take these things as legit - anyone can just create a table and add a logo onto it. Doesn't exactly mean much.

Nice source.

globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-nato-members.asp
Actually 4th according to the global firepower index. Not going to claim these numbers are super indicative of actual performance, but they're certainly closer to reality than simply looking at troop counts.

Good for the Turks. Now they can buy a decent fighter instead of America's over-priced lemon.

That is quite literally what global firepower does. It takes troop numbers, ships etc and applies zero qualitative measurements to it - that's why they list the North Korean navy as one of the most powerful navies in the world.

>Lemon
God dammit, who taught Pierre Sprey how to use the internet?

>they list the North Korean navy as one of the most powerful navies in the world
>implying it isn't

And dont forget the North Korean Navy is 3 times more powerful than any other navy on Earth!

buttmad mutts
kek

>global firepower index

imagine self-discrediting this hard

Looks like Su-57 will get a new client. Turks picked a better plane in the end.

Attached: 1545791438355.png (938x1994, 114K)

>F-35
>world's greatest fighter aircraft
No matter how many times you repeat silly stuff like this, it's not going to magically become true, you know ?

>Turks picked a better plane in the end
I don't think they're gonna pick the F-22, user.

Have cheese, vatcel.

Attached: smuggled.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

If they end up buying the Su-57, that's going to be fun fun to watch.
The whole project kinda makes sense in Russia's defensive air doctrine, but for most export candidates it's going to be severly underwhelming.

>itt : mutts being happy about losing their most crucial ally in the Middle East and watching Russia win yet another huge geopolitical victory at their expense but it's okay because muh Russians amirite
I swear, burgers are the stupidest lifeforms on Earth.

>their most crucial ally in the Middle East
what the fresh fuck are you talking about

Thank you for proving my point.

They'll buy rafale or eurofighter.

Or better yet - Shenyang FC-31.

Now THAT would be top banter.

twitter.com/i/status/1151549626274783232

Attached: Kupp.jpg (943x716, 72K)

I could actually see them buying the FC-31. It's a much better fit for their needs than the Su-57. Not sure how that'd work out politically, though.

Hey now, it's not Russia's fault that their population is too stupid to produce cheese. It's because of the evil western NATO globohomo cabal.

Good, hopefully they are out of NATO next.

Its going to be the Rafale or Eurofighter.

>rafale or eurofighter.
I seriously doubt it, it wouldn't bring any meaningful political benefit.

Yup.

Oh yes it would, just another way for Turkey to pressure some EU member or another.

It would, neither Germany nor France is buying F-35's.

The whole purpose of this farce is politics. Maybe 10% of it is military considerations, in particular to prevent this from happening again:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgA5wsshJm8

S400 will cover capital with sultan's private area denial solution, to curb the enthusiasm of some of his rebellious pilots. The rest is just politics; play independence until US caves in and sells them a monkey F35.

Because dem F35 gotta be sold in the end, and turks know this.

>world's greatest fighter aircraft
it's been in exactly ZERO fights.
ZERO!
That piece of shit is fucking garbage.

Attached: 1548182981066.jpg (1439x1823, 271K)

Why do vatniks seethe so much about the F-35? It’s hilarious.

>F-35 is a replacement for the F-22

Don't you have some windows to lick?

>it's been in exactly ZERO fights.
Because there has been virtually zero air to air engagements since Iraq.
No shit they prefer the F-22 to the F-35.
It's like saying you prefer the F-15 to F-16. They can't be compared. Take your bait somewhere else dipshit

Attached: Stefan-Duerr.jpg (1024x1001, 93K)

>pounds

The EF is an administrative clusterfuck that require the approval of several countries to be sold, and very much susceptible to ITAR.
The Rafale is ITAR-free, but the unit price is higher than anything Chinese or Russian made.
Since they have their vaporwave 5th gen project that's most likely going to fail in the next decade, I'd say they'll try to source a foreign 5th gen platform so that they can at least pretend that losing the F-35 wasn't a big deal.

It's a surprisingly heavy plane.

>Turkey chose to have a weapon system that can shoot down 100 F-35 for the cost of 3
Sounds pretty clever desu. Especially since they have no need for power projection and tend to focus on self-defense.

turks aren't really in need of an 5gen fighter.

and big bad secret is that nobody is.

>so that they can at least pretend that losing the F-35 wasn't a big deal
It really wasn't, though. And a 5gen plane isn't something that Turkey actually needs, either.

Attached: lol rooskies.jpg (1024x724, 92K)

no they are going to be sanctioned by eu over cyprus...so it is either russian or chinese,

Such is life.

Attached: blyat.jpg (675x489, 57K)

Not right now, but if they want to keep TAI alive they'll need a good contract with tech transfer

t. buttmad slavnigger mongol
hahaha... seethe moar

Fun fact, the city that this munitions factory exploded in has a life expectancy of 42 for men, and 47 for women.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzerzhinsk,_Russia#Pollution

GREAT news for Russia. Hopefully the Turks will leave NATO and let us pass through the straits into the Mediterranean in any conflict.

Quite frankly, at this point, sinking so much money into 5gen stealth planes is getting increasingly dumb. It's pointless to spend so much on power projection platforms when even the very best of them can be reliably shot down by something that costs far less to build, operate and maintain. The clever move would be to move back to older (and considerably cheaper) plane designs that modern AA systems aren't built to counter.

>us
>being Russian

Fun fact : modern AA systems can also shoot down older and cheaper planes.

Attached: HunggyGoy.png (540x815, 443K)

>when even the very best of them can be reliably shot down
Sure they can, slick.

>even the very best of them can be reliably shot down
If this statement were true, that'd certainly be an issue. Unfortunately, SAMs will always be vulnerable to SEAD. Especially with modern SDBs and the upcoming HARM successor, a ground-based missile system is only going to delay an enemy air force from achieving air superiority.

Reminder that F-35 is one of the most colossal pieces of shit ever created.
I bet the Turks were looking for a way to get out of the program so they bought S-400 knowing that Trumptard would throw a tantrum and give them a way out without any penalties.

Pic is eye opening!

Attached: 1551935686603.png (2208x4767, 1.49M)