Thinking about going into the marines as an 0311 or related MOS. The question is...

Thinking about going into the marines as an 0311 or related MOS. The question is, since we're in peacetime and likely will be the entire 4 year period I'm in, what exactly is day to day life like? Do you do anything interesting?

Attached: usmc.jpg (251x201, 14K)

No in myself but I know a good 4 or some people who are active duty Marin Crops and they all loath it. You don't do anything day to day thats valuable at all. Its basically 4 years of being babysat in exchange for you basically being a slave. Do literally anything else. There is no benefit to be gained from entering now.

Man maybe I should be in the Marines with my ability to type. Meant to say not in myself but I know 4 or so people who are active duty.

Do they not even do "cool" shit like big training exercises or go to the range a lot? I probably sound like a retard but for some reason I can't get this info through google. Also my dad was in and my grandpa was in, it's sort of a family tradition at this rate and I don't want to be the one who gives it up.

Unless we get in a war, my understanding is that you'll spend 4 years being a janitor. If you want to actually do your job during peacetime, infantry really isn’t the way to go.

You’d still probably get to participate in one or two major exercises over the 4 years, and you’d likely deploy on an MEU, but it’s an objectively shitty situation to be in unless you’re able to seriously romanticize it.

So what does the average day look like?

how do you feel about brutal and relentless hazing?

how many times

year 1: sucks. deal with it boot.
year 2: possible deployment UDP/MEU some weird sacandinavian shit. congrats you are now salty you receive boots as your prize
year 3: you hate your boots yell at them for stuff you did and say you were a much better boot when you were a boot. deployment 2
year 4: you know everything as a Cpl you tell your boots to raise their boots and tell your grandboots about the shit you did to their seniors. depending on your leadership above you, you EAS or reenlist and deploy with them or PCS. thats about it

yes it sucks, yes you clean, yes there is shitty leadership, yes its sucks to be in 100+ heat or rain or cold or all of that in combos. but if you protect your guys

"i cant change the Marine Corps. But i can try and make it a better place for 3 or 12 or 40 guys under me" -A wise NJP'ed Sgt at the time.

Attached: wehappyfew.jpg (596x1187, 204K)

It's fuckin dumb during peacetime, just do chores everyday and menial tasks

Attached: 1563227640888.jpg (1600x1043, 417K)

>Enlisting to fight without a cause other than “I want to be a Marine”
This thread should be the example they give in the dictionary for the word mistake.

Attached: 997FB548-3DF8-49E4-9EDC-F978D30367EC.png (270x332, 89K)

Yeah but then he'll be able to put he was in the Muhrines in his Instagram bio so everyone will give him likes and shit.

On a more serious note, having a history in the Marines can definitely be a plus on many resumes.

MEU is fun for 10-14 separate days over a 6-9 month span.
Other than that peacetime is just bullshit mingled with getting wasted with your buddies.
Pay sucks too

"Cool big exercises" are for the officers, not you, dumbass.

and regardless of what everyone thats a POG or some k/omando will say the infantry offers a large array of "soft skills" that will transfer into civilian jobs like no other on a resume. its just the wording that matters, and there is a large amount of websites and workshops that you can go to that will show you how to transfer that from
>i took debil doges to the field to teach to kill
to
>Is able to implement a solid foundation for small team building on large scale events or projects that will incorporate self reliance and individual thinking to accomplish a set task giving to the team by management

So many places don't care or think you wont "be a good fit" on the coasts.
Put it on my apps for about 4 months, couldnt get a job. Changed USMC to some bullshit company but kept the points. (Never used Corps lingo in my resume, just general shit like "established networks between customers") After the change I got 5 calls back in a week.
T. Commiefornia

This guy gets how to transition.

Navy here, but I get Marines that come to our hip from time to time and work with us (Aviation) and for the most part it seems pretty trash. Always doing some faggot formation or stupid fucking training and pretty much anyone SSgt and above (E6+) have a stick up their ass. The cutting scores and shit for ranking up seem pretty retarded too when you consider how much individual ranks actually mean in the Marines. You could be a 3 year Lcpl and be getting put at parade rest by some fucking 2 year supply Cpl lol. Yeah, I am good

I don't think I know of anyone who openly liked it, but I knew quite a few who were vocal in their displeasure with being in and couldn't wait to separate. Met a lot of cool people nonetheless, I would def recommend doing some service even if not the Marines. It's a unique experience to say the least

Disclaimer: I'm an 11b, dunno about the reens but they're probably somewhat similar.
>0545 at company for pt
>0630 formation, flag, start pt
>0745 pt ends, eat and change
>0915 work call
>sit around in the back of the company, do random paperwork, get harassed by perma profile e7s who haven't taken a pt test in 5 years about getting a 269 instead of a 270, do bs classes about battle drills or something
>1130 lunch
>1245 back for work
>repeat above, but maybe surprise motorpool cleanup, or get tasked to break and move an entire bradley track with a broken impact wrench and 2 other dudes to help
>anywhere from 1330-1930 depending on the day get released
>occasional 2am calls for pt tests, field exercises, your psg thought it would be fun to make everyone come in for no reason, etc
>random details to fill sandbags and dump them out the next day, paint rocks, repaint rocks a slightly different color, sweep snow, mop rain, etc
>rarely: barracks fights, fights with another battalion, calling an entire battalion of tankers pogs to their face after stealing their guidon, etc
Throw in an alcohol addiction, a Ford Mustang, stress, anxiety, lots of "jokes" about suicide, knee and back pain for life, and a metric ton of enlisted drama and you've got the infantry.

>wanting to be a leg
go for MARSOC or some other special forces.

No mahweenies but army infantry here. From what I understand, if you wanna go deep on the sand men you gotta get into something extra. For the army its SF or ranger. If you want to do it in the marines I imagine you would need to do the same type of thing in your branch.

>11 bang-bangs telling you about the infantry experience
>no mention of how much worse marines have it because their esprit de corps is still stuck in vietnam
OP, if you value your sanity or consider yourself to have intelligence greater than the average brick, do not join the marine corps. If you want operator shit, do army infantry/ranger/whatever. If you want literally anything else, go navy or air force. You'll be much, much, much better off. Marines deserve their crayon-eating reputation, and while they're not usually bad people, they are just usually dumber than you have any right to expect. Marines are the ones who fuck up good things for the rest of us.

haha army is faggots. just an occupation force, after the men do the fighting

1833, deployed most of your time, get to see some beautiful places (Bali, Okinawa) and absolute shit holes (Cape Verde Islands, Liberia, Peru),

yeah tell that to all the places that pay well. it's not hard to "get a job", generally speaking, but to get a job that pays on par with what you made in the corps with ANY benefits to boot is not easy for a lot of grunts.
but yes most dudes in general suck at fluffing up their resume, but i wouldnt say going in as a grunt with the idea that you'll gain soft skills to get hired on the outside is wise.
if you want to join and get any civilian skills then 0300 in general is not the place to be.

it's a family tradition to be a marine and they WANT you to do it?
hell i've known a fucking careerist master guns tell his kids he doesn't want them to enlist into the marines.

Cope harder, window-licker. I'm sorry your poor decisions landed you in the "special" forces. You can still make a good decision and go be a soldier for a while, I had some great NCOs who used to be marines.

well of course. no one went in saying "oh boy i dont want any skills that i can use to fix engines or stuff with i need those weird skills that if im a werido i probably wont pick up anyway" you dont/cant think that going in.

i mean almost for any job that has a comfortable number of employees and isnt desperate for "we need *blank* now." a majority of jobs you get will be through connections or even just the lucky "hey...when were you in? oh yea i was in 90-94 good times."

this is the best answer. of course, everyone is dumb crayons and glue harhar. i would expect this from a hooah, or some disgruntled lance that "totally got fucked by my company." or with that answer someone that was on a ship with them. youre going to have dumb people everywhere youre going to have shit leaders/bosses everywhere. sure there are dumb asses in the Corps but there is also brilliant people who know their job and dont play stereotypes and everyone will say "oh i saw the Marines/Army/Recon/Rangers at *insert training area* and they were fucking shit nothing good about them" just like when people would say "man *insert infantry BN* was so much better than this one" your unit number doesnt dictate the greatness of your unit, the leadership does. and if you have shit leaders then everyone will suffer, if you are a leader then protect your guys and influence as much as you can

from other side of fence, you have day like mine was. many time wasted, many frustration. we are one and same.

lol wonder why they were so great......maybe it was once they put on those concretes they magically transformed

See No, they were fine before they switched, but they always did say how dumb the corps was in comparison.

>hell i've known a fucking careerist master guns tell his kids he doesn't want them to enlist into the marines.
reverse psychology

If you absolutely must enlist in the Marines, and you HAVE to be infantry, take a Security Forces contract, preferably FAST. They at least go places without being stuck aboard ship during a MEU. Lots of training, lots of places to go, and there's a chance you might actually do something for real. And in all likelyhood, you'll end up in grunt batallion to finish out your contract.

They said to do what I want, but I don't want to be the faggot who ruins the tradition.

nah he was a great guy but didn't think it was the best decision for his kids. he wanted them to go to school.
jokes on him, one of them went to school and still enlisted.

it's a tradition 2 people deep, dude. i'd hardly call it a tradition.
i doubt either did a full 20, so keep in mind they didn't like it enough to stick around.

when i have kids i wouldn't stop them from joining, but i'd do everything i could to steer them towards a nonshit degree and school instead. and any branch but the marines.

yea a lot of my guys that are army/NG now mostly talk about the lack of caring about stuff, not so much about how its better unit wise. just skating by till retirement. but by all means refute nothing, and from the sound of it you probably never met any Marines while active. i was in 9 years and only did training 1 time with an army "grunt" unit that was a NG one. so i dont really think youve ever actually worked with anyone in any fashion, just what these guys you know have told you about how "dumb it is." unless you ran into a small handful that made you form your whole amazing opinion. but yea fall back to FB meme page insults in an attempt to save face with yourself

We wake up early to PT
After PT we clean shit
Then we dick around, clean weapons, get yelled at
Then we go to a 2 hour chow/work out
Come back and clean more
Go home/to the barracks and hate life
All the while youre surrounded by people in charge of you who care only about their career or what makes them look good, retards who make changes so they can say they changed something, being told youre a useless drunk/nobody/drug user by whatever special speaker your CO invoted for a safety breif (my favorite was the police officer who told us how terrible and evil we were for drinking in his shithole town, before going home to probably beat his wife and issue speeding tickets to teens)
Interspaced in all this youll go to the field and find a semblance of joy in pretending to do the job you trained for, come back and be debreifed, and be told how 'we're about to go to war!' And how WW3 is right around the corner, so better buck up!
Volunteer events will be mandatory. Fat old civillians will be hired to clean your offices for your company/batallion, will not do so, and you will do it, while they bitch and moan every time you call them.
If youre like me everyone will come to you after field ops and show you their feet/penis/pussy/totally cool sore or lump that oozes sickly puss when they poke it with their tactical knife they got at the PX for $80 with the EGA on it. They will then ask you to drain it.
You might deploy/go on a float if youre lucky to spice things up.
Every woman you are around will be a cunt, lazy, a slut, a liar, or a lesbian, who might actually be pretty cool to get fucked up in O-side with. She will score more than you.
And you will be reminded about how grateful you should be that the Corps is giving you such wonderful opportunities.
Then you'll sit in your rack and dream about fucking college coeds when you get out and telling baddass stories about things that sorta happened when your GI bill hits.

Welcome to the Corps.

Attached: 1561405206003.jpg (349x320, 17K)

pog spotted

Fuckin' rah.

Join the Coast Guard and save lives instead of taking them.

Attached: so-here8217s-a-soar-guard-dude-simply-browsing-a-40-foot-narco-sub-packed-with-cocaine.jpg (1916x1078, 169K)

Marines are literally the gayest branch we have. They're in the navy as much as they refuse to admit it, and then they add a whole bunch of sado masochistic daddy issues on top of it. They don't do anything that special aside from intentionally make them miserable and find excuses to get gay with each other. The worst is when they brag about all the tail they can get and you see what they marry. It's like they go out of their way to find fattest landwhale they can! I don't know, maybe who ever brings in the fattest wife to their ball wins a prize.

Aside from all that, I can understand if you got picked on a lot in highschool, and your mistaking latent homosexuality for friendship. That's pretty much every marine ever. Seriously though, 0311 is for morons. Don't let your recruiter jerk you off with how much in itll make a man out of you, you will learn 80% of those skills in boot. And if you go 0311 you just keep practicing those same skills over and over, and being miserable.

At least try for an MOS that will give you skills on the outside, or if you still want combat arms, try artillery. Arty is the king of battle, you still get to be a fucking animal, and you aren't some fairy infantry queen.

>t. Proud gun bunny

I'll be honest, there's no tradition of service in my family so I went army. If there was, I'd feel like I'd have to keep that up myself.

Just don't go 0311, because that's literally the dumbest thing you can pick. Like, essentially slamming your dick in a toaster. Don't fall for the stereotype and if your pops says anything you can always tell him you learned from his mistakes or some other father son bullshit.

Most importantly, get the shortest contract possible. If you like it, you can always re up. I don't care what bonus they offer. You're doing it for family, not cash, and you'll thank yourself in the end.

>haha army is faggots
Army has a lot more upward mobility for extra cool schools like Airborne and Ranger

>army has schools on how to be men kinda
>Marines are men right out of boot
kek