Are pc firearms worth the extra $$?

Are pc firearms worth the extra $$?

Attached: 087EB0B5-C95B-480A-A57E-A74DD118444B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

As a uk user who recently shot his first shotgun this weekend.

You dont honestly know how much id pay JUST to shoot that gun, or maybe a dirty harry revolver.

No
Ligqht primer strikes due to crappy mainsprings plague pc revolvers. Just look on the s&w forums if you believe me.

You make me grateful lad

The early ones (Early 90's) absolutely are, newer ones seem to have more issues.
If you are buying for aesthetics, you are set.
Trigger actions can be improved after the fact, but they are noticeably tighter than standard production

Attached: smith 629 PC.jpg (567x425, 36K)

hey user.
I also had the same question you have so I purchased the 629 performance center 44 magnum hunter. the one with black and stainless finish with rail and compensator.

Honestly, its not worth the money. I would say the most I would pay for one is 1000.

Now what do I mean by this? Not worth the money?? But its PC!!! Well I opened up the side plate and looked at the internals. They are MIM.

On top of that I looked at the sear surfaces. They were uneven. they had scratches on them. So the trigger pull was heavy and shitty. In fact, instead of using proper arkansas stones with honing oil to do a proper trigger job, I decided I wonder if your average kitchen gunsmith can make this trigger better.

I decided to do the worst unimaginable shit. considering I had spare parts. I got a dremel and mothers mag polish >:). Worked on the sear surfaces. shaved off a little under a pound. but made the trigger way more smoother and consistent.

If a kitchen gunsmith that has no idea what they are doing can make a better trigger with a dremel and mothers mag. then is it really worth the over 1000? Especially when the cylinder stop had to be replaced as well as the spring since out of the box?

Would I roll the dice on one ever again? not for over 1000. Maybe around 900. But that is considering I have parts and tools readily in stock in my workshop.

Nope.

Now I am not bashing current PC guns, I love them but I will always prefer vintage for a variety of reasons.

It is worth noting early PC guns tend to run for thousands as everyone and their grandma wants them

Attached: aim in 2004.jpg (791x1024, 189K)

HOLY FUCK THAT IS GORGEOUS

Hey UK user, if you're into that sort of things you could easily go on a holiday and shoot something abroad.
It's pretty easy to do many places.

wtf, I just got back from the range where a buddy had problems with two seperate S&W revolvers with light primer strikes. wtfffff

nice digits, friend

Attached: asianwhore.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

i hate to be that nigger but sauce?

fuck. give sauce

ANYTHING with a HILLARY HOLE is not worth any money.
Also, you should be aware that S&W has THE WORST customer service ever. They will literally LIE to your face.

>crappy mainsprings plague pc
is it an easy fix? I picked up the gun in the OP, new for under 11

It's a very easy fix.

And honestly, if anyone has an S&W and wants a better trigger like the PC guns have just buy a Wolff spring kit and drop that in. Super easy, and very reliable in my experience.

The Torture Club, on your favorite black&orange-logoed adult video site.

Thanks fren

Attached: 200.jpg (749x770, 102K)

>underpowered mainspring
It’s a cheap way to give a revolver a “good trigger”. About what I expect from Smith

I still don't get how badly they managed to fuck it up. I've installed Wolff spring kits in several of my personal S&Ws as well as in a few belonging to friends. I haven't experienced a single light strike with any of them, and that includes firing a variety of brands of ammo ranging from cheap shit like Wolf to NATO mil spec and handloads too. If Wolff can get it right then why can't Smith?

because smith is a publically owned company. Once a company becomes publically owned it goes to total shit. Always.

I don't know about PC now, but my PC shorty forty is fucking amazing. Also I'm going to pasta this again.

>Liebenberg mothballed Pistol Dynamics and moved his family east to Massachusetts in order to open S&W’s Performance Center. Without devolving into a list of accomplishments Liebenberg brought to the Performance Center, one story must be told — the origin of the Shorty Forty.

>The big handgun manufacturing company, then the largest in the world, held staff meetings. Monotonous and dry, they required Liebenberg’s presence, for he was director of the Performance Center. Preferring to be at his bench, he chaffed at the bureaucracy. But realizing that staff meetings lubricate the corporate machine, he sat through them.

>One day he proposed a compact version of the Model 4006, a 6906-sized .40 S&W. And the senior engineer dismissed it with an arrogant wave of his manicured hand.

>“Impossible,” he sniffed. “The peak pressure is far too high and the slide velocity is off the scale. It will never work.”

>Seething at the haughty manner with which this technocrat dismissed him, Liebenberg set to work. Calling on the totality of his experience as a pistolsmith, Liebenberg modified a frame into a compact configuration, machined a new slide, fitted the two and went to the test range. Satisfied with the result, he went to the next staff meeting cradling his creation.

>“There’s the impossible,” Liebenberg said, and slapped the first Shorty Forty on the polished wood table in front of the engineer. He and other engineers huddled over the gun like nuns inspecting a novitiate, but they could find no flaw. Liebenberg changed the geometry of the 4006 to accommodate the pressures of the .40 S&W, allowing the cartridge to not just function with a short barrel and slide, but making it purr. The Shorty Forty became the single best-selling pistol ever produced by the Performance Center, and the basis for the currently produced Model 4013.

Which of the 3 rebound springs do you use?

From a competiton shooter's point of view, should i get a 686 or a GP100.

I've shot both and i'm leaning more towards the Ruger, but my buddies argue with the number of SW accessories.

I shoot a smith competitively. Every other revolver div shooter I shoot with shoots a smith, the only time I ever see a Ruger being shot in a competitive setting is the blokes shooting metallic silhouette.

bump