Ask A Question

I've a big collection of firearms/ballistics books and a background in Engineering.

I've had a beer and am open to anyone asking questions and I'll research and explain the answer.

Attached: ThermoOfGuns.jpg (2730x4380, 615K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1jR7RRdbI6CgluXo4zWKml5vtzeJCophu/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why you gay

>I'm not qualified to speak on this whatsoever
>ask me questions !
Are you fucking serious.

this

>research
>then answer
>referring to actual sources
>guy has a lot of really good books
>sure why not insult him

Do you genuinely think he has access to information we dont in regards to anything that isn't a historical inquiry
Because youd be wrong.

Explain how the fluid dynamics of lehigh Extreme defender style bullets do or don't work. Keep in mind that this will be a graded project.

How much of a difference does the color of a gun have on heat dissipation? I've heard that black guns will cool more readily, as black is more conductive of thermal radiation. I'd assume any advantage would be negated by the fact that at rest, it'll probably start off a little hotter from absorbing heat from sunlight.

I'm on his email list and given he's been putting out all the PDFs that no one has before and he says he's more to realise I'm gonna say yes.

Model for me the effect on the earth's rotation of firing every gun on the planet (including tanks, cannons, howitzers, naval guns etc.) the same direction at the same moment in time. You may choose the direction.

Sure OP, sure.

>fluid dynamics
? Terrible for any form of accuracy at long range, no studies I know of for actual terminal ballistics effects/ hydrostatic shock transfer. I mean they'll make a bigger mess, and be harder to remove but at the speeds they move at, the inital shock will pretty much be the same, until you get into really 'RIP' style break apart bullets.

Get heat fins on your rifle obviously. But yeah it would depend on the environment.

I actually saw this somewhere as a meme but I'm going to pass.

[email protected]

Email him yourself for the books

Eh, I'm aware of heat fins I was just curious if there's research regarding how much of a difference the color/ finish makes. Theoretically, a matte black would dissipate more thermal radiation than a polished stainless steel.

That's more physics, falling under Thermal radiation. An interesting subject, but not really my area of interest.

How do I escape a shitty family situation so I can be my own man?

get job, save money, move out, limit communication

The only job I've had is McDonalds and they threw me out after some dickhead lied and said I was banging the girls to the manager. Do you think thats good enough?

>thermodynamics of firearms
I prefer the thermodynamics of biology: aka we're all fucked. Hell of a blackpill.

elaborate broy

Guess I was mislead by the title of the text you posted in the OP, figured I'd bring up a topic relevant to thermodynamics. Seems like it would be easy to test.

I believe he's referencing entropy, combined with the theory that the universe is continuously expanding, the obvious conclusion is the heat death of the universe as systems dissipate all of their energy in a void of nothingness.

Email me and I'll get you the book
[email protected]

Does your mom know that you're gay?

So he's another "I'm so smart we're all going to die sorry to break it for you because I'm so intelligent and blunt" guy?

you cant move out on minimum wage man, sorry but youre going to have to college and get a degree or youre stuck with it. this is how the real world works honey, youre an adult now.

Got any good suppressor or suppressor design books?

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post...

This one wasn't available till I made it so
drive.google.com/file/d/1jR7RRdbI6CgluXo4zWKml5vtzeJCophu/view

Everything else is already out there. I'm working on getting some more good ones.

If you get on welfare you can move out. Only reason you can't get welfare is if you're living with your parents and they're earning too much. Nogs have no problem moving to a new city, living in the car (or at a friend's house) for a week, and getting a free place on week 2.

Because of the OP Principle. If one is the original poster, cocks become attracted to points of entry.

Already have that one but thanks. Always looking for new one though

You know how air conditioners work, right? This is an analogy for life. Now swap out heat for entropy. To build complex structures(like our bodies) is to locally "refrigerate" your entropic state by preferentially kicking out high-entropy wastes. The problem is, there's always more entropy generated than taken away when you sum it all up. Just like an AC heats up the outside more than it cools the inside. 100% efficiency is impossible. The current best definition of life is basically what I just said, discrete chemical systems that replicate by concentrating "neg-entropy" at the expense of increased universal entropy. Little entropic air conditioners. We are born into a universe that is finite in size, finite in resources, and forever trending to a higher-entropy state. Add in the effects of preferential r/K selection, and we see that any living thing will expand to its carrying capacity, with declining average quality of life, and starvation(or: poverty, in human terms) becoming the norm. Poverty is literally a default state for life, outside of special situations where abundant low-entropy resources allow "wealth" and high growth rates. A "post-scarcity world" is literally impossible.

>they'll make a bigger mess, and be harder to remove but at the speeds they move at, the inital shock will pretty much be the same, until you get into really 'RIP' style break apart bullets.
Grade: F, do not trust.

Attached: rest in peace RIP rounds.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

When I received my q4 today it came with an increased power recoil spring for use with a supressor. Why would a Browning tilting barrel need increased spring pressure when suppressed?