Death

So i was wondering what's the best way to deal with death in the battlefield or elsewhere?
Stoicism?
Religion?

Attached: hellfighter.jpg (1500x855, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-2y53GQ4HI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That shit comes all by itself, people adapt very quick to those things under the circumstances.

Fate. If you're there fighting accept that you've already died and get on with it.

medvac them before the other soldiers see the body

Fuck it, death happens to all of us, just try to postpone it and enjoy life for as long as you can.

Worthless answer

Worthwhile answer

>so I was wondering what's the best kind of cope

cringe and bluepilled. grab your balls. accept reality.

just fuck any girl you can, regardless of looks.

Not cope I was just seeing a lot of individuals around that can`t take death seriously and was wondering if there`s a good way to redpill them

Alright I'll bite.
>Finding gratitude in acknowledging that you, or your brothers were privileged enough to experience consciousness and being able to experience either simple or great feelings of accomplishments and pleasure.
>Finding pleasure and a feeling of accomplishment that you, or your brothers are dying for something that you exalt to be higher than yourself.
>Finding comfort in acknowledging that they were simply released from clown world, doing what men have done and will continue to do for generations.

Attached: 1493762254270.jpg (680x684, 42K)

trying to redpill people who don't take death seriously is the stupidest thing I've ever heard off fuck off and mind your own business. It's like edgy busybodying

It`s just sad seeing things that look like people acting so pathetic, maybe you`re right

The best way to deal with death in combat is to live.

I won't get into specifics but I have a medical condition. The "cure" has a pretty high chance of killing me. I've been trying to finish the monogatari series before the procedure

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Death of yourself or death of the others? These two are very very different. And yes, stoicism gives most conclusive and easily understandable explanation. Read Aurelius or Epictetus.
>"What is death? A "tragic mask." Turn it and examine it. See, it does not bite. The poor body must be separated from the spirit either now or later, as it was separated from it before. Why, then, are you troubled, if it be separated now? For if it is not separated now, it will be separated afterward. Why? That the period of the universe may be completed, for it has need of the present, and of the future, and of the past. What is pain? A mask. Turn it and examine it. The poor flesh is moved roughly, then, on the contrary, smoothly. If this does not satisfy you, the door is open: if it does, bear. For the door ought to be open for all occasions; and so we have no trouble."
>"Why should I fear death? If I am, then death is not. If Death is, then I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"

About the death of others, that is a different thing.

Stoicism and Compartmentalization. These days we sign up for it, and we need to accept the occupational hazards of what we volunteered to do, even if we didn't realize what we were signing up to do. That is really the most difficult parts for a lot of guys, accepting responsibility for what happened and what you did. And it was you that put yourself in that position. you can be angry for the longest time, but sooner or later, you have to accept responsibility for what you and your buddies went through.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-2y53GQ4HI

This is from a PBS special about Iraq (was Mosul myself). No matter how you deal it never goes away. I'm at a dozen years since I left theater as a wounded service-member, but it never goes away. It consumes your thoughts every waking moment, and every night you sleep.

Pic related is partially part of the youtube link I put up.

Attached: PBS-M-TIC.webm (800x454, 2.32M)

If you're worried about it you've already lost

Godspeed user.
May I offer a crab in this trying time.

Attached: eca32f722a801deca74456e6b4efc5e5.png (704x1000, 465K)

Only the dead can know peace from this hell called life and that's the truth. Death is a peaceful rest with none of the torment and pain and evil that humanity brings, the journey of dying is the hard part but as long as it's not too prolonged and agonizing most people will get over it quickly enough.

>So i was wondering what's the best way to deal with death in the battlefield or elsewhere?
Become yeah.

Attached: 1514498832463.jpg (860x611, 342K)

i just wait to go home and then I hug my cat and cry

It's kinda hard to describe but,it was like my mind just went blank. I just stopped processing human feeling and ran entirely on training. All I could think of was cover that sector, clear that room and listen in case the enemy is talking in the next one. It's like you know that you're afraid, but you don't feel the sense of panic that normally accompanies fear.

People tend talk about how combat was terrifying or exhilarating but for me, I basically turned into an emotionless robot and felt absolutely fucking nothing.

Attached: headphones doggo.gif (300x169, 1011K)