Black Powder

If I carry a black powder revolver in my car for self defense does it qualify as an antique that I don’t need a conceal carry license for? Does that mean I can take it with me anywhere in the US without paperwork or registration or anaything since it’s an antique?

Attached: F50A034B-8A77-4A95-9428-6D53E4C86885.jpg (300x230, 7K)

Yeah

>antique
>the fook?
It's not considered a firearm so not subject to federal laws. Might be subject to local ones.

Get into nuances and if cops being dicks though. Under Texas penal code, tasers are not weapons. Try to open carry a taser into a place that does not allow firearms.

This. Big difference between law on paper and practiced law.

No. Used like a gun, is a gun, is court law in many places. Forbidden person carrying a BP firearm concealed will be charged with felon in possession. Similarly committing a crime with a BP firearm will be charged as committing a crime with a firearm if thats an applicable added charge. Its a very grey area legally speaking, and the sort of thing where you should consult a lawyer for a given intended jurisdiction if you don't wanna end up in jail.
>muh felons are allowed to own BP though
Thats because they aren't using it ""as a gun"". so long as they don't use it in what would otherwise be a crime if it were a gun then the law generally wont consider it a gun.

People have literally been charged for using pneumatic firearms in a crime before like it was a real firearm because it was being used ""as a gun"".

The bigger question is what lube will you use that won’t melt in a hot car?

Felted wads and oversized balls with no lube? That's what I'd do.

>like shooting BP revolvers and the history behind them
>90% of threads regarding them on Jow Forums are felons/poorfags/minors asking about using them in self-defense situations and/or the legality of them owning one
It's an abstract kind of pain.

In the mid 1860's that gun would kill you. Why do you think that would not be a threat to a law enforcement officer?

Blame the election and Sandy Hook, the average has-guns on Jow Forums went from a poorfag with a $60 nugget, that either had an interest in gun history beforehand or developed one because of owning said rifle, to a zoomer with a $400 AR15 LARPing for the boogaloo.

Check what your state considers concealed carry. It is okay where I am, but may not be in your state. Web search you lazy faggot.
Remember:
Concealed
Carry
WEAPON.
You can be charged with anything that the law considers a weapon. In the UK you nay get life for a potato pealer.

You don't need lube if you're not shooting more than 30 balls in a sitting.

it's like 50/50 odds of there being a law on the books that covers that, and the police not giving a shit and fucking you anyway

If the cylinder is taken out of the gun and kept in your pocket, and the gun is kept in a lockbox in your bag, you’re good to go, even California will let this slide. No it can’t be a conversion cylinder, and this doesn’t apply to modern weapons.

Oh no citizens constitutional are automatically a danger to your safety!

Nice thread

Attached: IMG_2404.jpg (598x900, 251K)

Yeehaw

Can someone who legally can own a gun conceal this legally, or does the act make it a firearm.

What the fuck happened to 50 state cfl

Once any replica antique armed is loaded with powder and ball it is subject to be treated by the law as a legal gun. I don’t have the legal definitions but I did a lot of research into this a few years back and that was the general consensus in most states.

Depends on the state, because different state laws define "firearm" differently. And of course, even similar definitions may be interpreted differently by different state courts.
In some states, any cap-and-ball revolver is considered a non-firearm.
In some states, it's considered a non-firearm unless it's loaded, then it becomes a firearm.
In some states, it's considered a firearm whether it's loaded or not.

And in case that wasn't complicated enough, the definition of "firearm" in a given state's carry law may not be the same as the definition in the same state's felon-in-possession law.

The only solution is to research your own state's laws.

Hi, user. It isn't a revolver, but I just got a Jezail. I'd post pics, but my phone is range blocked until I get home.

WHo makes the best 1841 Mississippi rifle?

When you seat a ball into the cylinder it shaves lead equally off the diameter of the bullet. How is a spark going to get past the bullet to the powder?
Why slather on lube?

Who else cleaning their black powder guns right now?

Attached: IMG_20190714_194149.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

what is the silvery stuff on your stock?

Silver

Burnt powder and shit

I fucking wish, just brass for me for now

I always thought black powder was kinda lame, but then I had a go. such fun, many booms.

Hey OP, listen to this guy.

In a lot of states you don't even need a carry permit to bring it in your car, as it is an extension of your home. Just get the carry permit for any state you plan to go to, permit reciprocity is a thing.

Or stop being a bootlicker and just concealed carry a modern pistol, permit or not.

lets say my daddy is a felon but I don't want him getting robbed.
can he have one to protect himself at home?

I know in New Jersey black powder pistols are firearms. In a few states airguns are even firearms under state law. So I'd be careful, read up on your states laws. But in many states, black powder is not a firearm. Florida courts have even ruled felons can own/hunt with black powder

>can he have one to protect himself at home?
not legally
if he does use it hes going back in the can for possessing a firearm

Depending on the state he may be fine but really a lawyer or thorough search through state statutes is in order

guess I'll just have to drive over really fast to yeet a "youth"

Attached: Thats+not+pepe+its+his+autistic+brother+apu+apustaja+_79e2c14f7db9bd846e2e85878b75f720.jpg (657x527, 53K)

It isn't a firearm but it is a weapon. It would be the same as carrying any other concealed weapon. Federal firearm laws don't apply to it but local ones could and same goes for any jurisdiction you would take that firearm into. Check your state and local laws and check the laws of any place you visit.

Carry a .30 cal air pistol

Attached: lpwy45v2.ikc.jpg (720x480, 60K)

Or go with a .50 Outlaw

Attached: DSCN0489.jpg (4009x1966, 1.63M)

.58 cal, woops, and ~200fpe
This is a .50 that did 400 fpe

Attached: 144274ca7ad0173233c1b61a2bd2bc577859bf6a89fa4609d4e21ee47860ffbf.jpg (624x273, 23K)

That would be way cooler as a little air carbine rather than an unwieldy huge pistol

THIS
OP LISTEN TO THIS

Gotchu senpai

Attached: outlaw_carbine.jpg (714x242, 39K)

Heres my .30 cal, 7 shot PCP repeater I built with a wire takedown stock and integral suppressor

Attached: lkrm5zn10l611.jpg (960x540, 91K)

Super easy question to answer. If it's loaded it's a gun and your fucked. If it's not loaded and your still toting it around for whatever reason you will probably still get fucked

>easy to answer
Anything's easy to answer, if the answer doesn't need to be right.

Not all states have the same laws, so there is no answer that is both simple and correct.

Anything black powder is not considered a firearm, and as such are pretty lax compared to firearm laws. HOWEVER: just because it is like that either on paper or de facto does not in any way mean you can just carry your bp revolver around willy nilly, look into conceal carry laws in your state, county, and even town/city. General rule of thumb is that you’ll still need that license. You never know with the cops and what kind of shit they’ll pull, so assuming you aren’t a felon that’ll have a low chance at best of getting such license, it is better to just get the license. Just look into the laws of where you live, it’ll save you future headaches.

OC'ed a loaded 51 Navy through Jew Jersey and Jew York yesterday

Attached: 20190618_191020.jpg (447x694, 171K)

Open carry is more lenient than concealed, fren

Attached: 935565B4-68C8-499D-ACA3-F85146E9A18B.png (1267x785, 107K)

That sounds like an actual "held by twelve than carried by six" situation tho, if it's only prosecutable after he uses it.

>take it from my cold dead hands

Once again, this entirely depends on your state's law. In some states there is no distinction.

>make his hands cold and dead
>leave gun