Doomsday Devices ****************SUMMONING OPPENHEIMER****************

****************SUMMONING OPPENHEIMER****************

we're talking about nukes on /liberty/ and i was wondering if or why north korea doesnt have or advertise having a doomsday device???

wouldnt the incentive be for smaller nuclear powers to build a single doomsday device instead of a sophisticated network of precision strategic and tactical nukes meant to only target miliary and industry and limit collateral damage?? Fusion weapons can be staged indefinitely right? So a doomsday device wouldnt cost that much more than a single primary vs thousands of smaller MIRVs like what superpowers do?

is it because they dont want to escalate that far??? china? IS it because the leaders all think theyre going to survive somehow and the real fight is actually what happens when they get out of the fall out shelters?? Does the north korean elites think they might be able to escape NK in a conflict so that's why they dont threaten to blow up the entire planet or irradiated it with cobalt 60???

TL; DR Why doesn't North Korea build a staged doomsday device with one primary instead of trying to make targeted intercontinental missiles??

Attached: asdfasdfadsf.jpg (700x445, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a27736/blow-up-earth/
youtu.be/MXHVqId0MQc
sciencemag.org/news/2016/04/us-goes-shopping-iran-s-nuclear-bazaar-will-buy-heavy-water-science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
youtu.be/slazi2PpYUo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(reactor)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

beyond about 50mt, air- and ground-bursted weapons start to be entirely wasteful of their energy, as at that point much of the energy you dump into the explosion is just vented off into exoatmospheric space.

the cold war powers were totally capable of building super massive weapons, but they figured out that it was much more efficient to do things the way they did them. tsar bomba was really just propaganda.

Oppenheimer will never run his trip after those retards doxxed him for literally no reason.

>as at that point much of the energy you dump into the explosion is just vented off into exoatmospheric space.

yeah but couldnt someone just blow a hole in the earth's crust? The fusion stages are cheap af so you could build an entire building out of fusion stages and spit the earth in to multiple pieces?

that's gay maybe he'll show up incognito

>yeah but couldnt someone just blow a hole in the earth's crust?

the energy required to split the earth would have to be sufficient to overcome the gravitational binding force of the earth's mass, which is... really huge. the megatonnage required would be orders of magnitude more than every bomb on earth today detonating at once.

>the megatonnage required would be orders of magnitude more than every bomb on earth today detonating at once

well the real doomsday devices were cobalt bombs which are cheaper but anyway because fusion stages are cheap couldnt you just stage together like a thousand of them?

and gravity isnt that strong.. you would only have to overcome the force momentarily

and it would take less to trigger a supervolcano at like yellowstone or something which would be bad enough that it would be considered a doomsday device

Oppenheimer doxed himself.

>and gravity isnt that strong.. you would only have to overcome the force momentarily
i don't feel like doing the math here, so i'm going to steal from popular mechanics:
popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a27736/blow-up-earth/

"The current binding energy of Earth is 2.24 x 10^32 joules. All of the nuclear bombs on Earth are only have the force of 2.67 x 10^19 joules, and it'd be impossible to build the one quadrillion bombs needed to do the job."

tl;dr: gravity a stroooong.

100kt "sedan" shot part of operation plowshare

Attached: JaggedRemorsefulDanishswedishfarmdog.webm (1280x720, 1.08M)

>impossible to build the one quadrillion bombs

yeahhhhh buttttttttttttttttttt you only need ONE fission primary to set off indefinite fusion stages so the ratio of expense vs destructive power scales exponentially

and the fusion stages can be progressively bigger so with a 1000 fusion stages the last stage could be like 10k times bigger than the first stages.. the tsar bomba was only 3 stages because it needed to fit into a tu-95 but if you were willing to just set off a fuckton giant nuke in your backyard you could make a fucking warehouse full of lithium hydride that would all undergo fusion... you would also need U-238 sparkplugs but that is just naturally occurring uranium

and you wouldnt actually have to accelerate all the mass to escape velocity... blowing up a continent is an adequate deterrent or just making a cobalt bomb like russia did

so does north korea have a cobalt bomb and if they dont why not?

Attached: threestage.jpg (854x500, 95K)

OPpenheimer was a glow in the dark. Nobody responds that fast to any nuke related question that got posted without help.

this is the first fusion bomb and it was literally a building full of pipes

it used cryogenic deuterium which isnt super cheap but it's much cheaper than refined uranium or plutonium and all it takes is separating the heavy water and then either reacting it with lithium to form lithium deuteride or storing it cryogenically after electrolysis

here's cody on youtube drinking heavy water.. it's not super expensive:
youtu.be/MXHVqId0MQc

tritium is more expensive and modern designs use it as a booster because size and weight are a concern but Im pretty sure nuclear weapons can be designed so they create their own tritium in the process or only react deuterium so you only need deuterium and according to wikipedia the ivy mike device only used deuterium

Attached: IvyMikeDev.jpg (640x360, 141K)

>so does north korea have a cobalt bomb and if they dont why not?
north korea's primary target in any war is south korea. using salted bombs on your own little peninsula seems a little dumb even for the north korean military.

That's why we never get anything nice.

anyone still got his wife's pics?

You should be ashamed of yourself, you’re the reason we can’t have nice things

He definitely has posted since then, so who knows

That wasn't his wife. If you think it was, you're really gullible.
Shut up loser. Who 'accidentally' posts pics of their wife on Jow Forums? Do you keep pictures of your pony dolls in your nuke folder?

After btfo'ing autists and vatniggers time after time, Opie became a sought after target. I Don't think local autists have resources to dox someone with clearance.

Oppy made himself a target, then gave every bit of tantalizing information he could to dox himself. A person in his position has a TS clearance. So, either,
A: He really really really wanted to go to Club Fed for whatever reason
B: He fake doxxed himself so people would think it was that guy instead of glownigger shit.

Seeing as how he has posted multiple times since the doxxing, which one do you think is more likely? Hasn't posted with his trip lately because people caught on to the unlikelihood of that scenario.

In case anyone cares,
deuterium production is about a 125 bucks in natural gas energy per pound and if you convert 5 percent of that energy into an explosion you would apparently need like 100 million pounds of deuterium for a one petaton device which would equal the explosive energy of the dinosaur killer ie 20km iron meteorite (according to quora about the meteor.) So about *twelve billion five hundred million dollars, probably still cheaper than a sophisticated intercontinental missile system with MIRVS*

and this discovery online article says that there is speculation the dinosaur killer set off supervolcanoes on the other side of the planet

deuterium price 8 million dollars for 32 tons:
sciencemag.org/news/2016/04/us-goes-shopping-iran-s-nuclear-bazaar-will-buy-heavy-water-science

32 tons equals 64000 pounds
8 million divided by 64000 is 125

well yeah that was my guess... it seems that the leaders of nuclear nations still have some hope they might survive the nuclear exchange and I also think threatening south korea with a cobalt bomb would piss off china even more... anddddddd i assume just a few megaton level bombs is all they really need in deterrence anyway even against the US because modern life is so comfy and nuking a city is considered unthinkable by most politicians

Attached: 100petatons.png (960x457, 323K)

>Do you keep pictures of your pony dolls in your nuke folder?
unironically yes

Attached: thats-how-ancap-begins-statists-leftists-other-clicks-gulag-18415964.png (500x521, 82K)

why would glows give out information on nuclear weapons?

Gee, why would the government want to keep tabs on autists with nuke obsessions?

im not saying he isnt but i just wanted you to explain your theory on their motives?

he gave out mostly strategic info... and how would they track people??? Do you think he gave out false information so that people might repost it elsewhere and it could be tracked... or what?

dont you think it might also be likely that he got paranoid and just fake doxxed himself and he really just is an autist that browses Jow Forums intermittently all day?

the recent thing about FBI agents on Jow Forums was that they were pretending to be nazis and saying that russia is the real problem or something

or are you saying that his purpose was to give out useless strategic info from wikipedia in order to log the IPs of the people in the thread?? Plausible i guess, but couldnt they just look at people's browsing history anyway?

tritium unironically america's biggest stewardship problem, hopefully when PRISIM starts getting fully set up for construction that weakness will abate. I hate anti-nukes and obama(and his little chink from DOE too) so fucking much this should have been solved a decade ago.

He kept the nuke threads going and interesting in order to honeypot anyone with any actual talent or information into posting. Then, IP can be logged and agents can follow up. They can't do it via browsing history. How would you know who actually knew enough to be dangerous?

This may be one of the more retarded threads I’ve seen on Jow Forums and I was in the thread where that homo shoved a shotgun up his ass.
>tripfag sperging and drama
>retarded “doomsday device” posting
>why don’t North Korea just kill themselves hurrdurr
>glownigger spam that retarded newfags keep posting ad nausem

He got doxxed twice, continued posting afterward. The line got crossed when some fuckwit doxxed his wife. I don’t know if her social media got memed at, but Oppenheimer was pissed. I’ve emailed him a few times, he’s never coming back. The post election cancer drove him away. Just as well, he wasn’t here for the chan/channel split that killed Jow Forums.

glownigger detected

>hopefully when PRISIM starts getting fully set up for construction that weakness will abate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Attached: bootlicker.gif (500x341, 998K)

>not understanding game theory

why would you spend hundreds of billions of MIRV missiles instead of just building one cobalt bomb for less than a billion?

Attached: joker-the-joker-28092794-1920-1080.jpg (1920x1080, 664K)

>They can't do it via browsing history. How would you know who actually knew enough to be dangerous?
Maybe because they would actually have downloaded documents that had weapons designs? Just knowing the physics wouldnt be enough.. you would have actually had to have designs or something that isnt commonly found in a google search which can be done with browsing history.

Im not saying youre wrong btw.. i just think it's at least as equally likely that he was just some autistic dude, and no anons ever reported getting v@nned after posting in his threads. And even nuclear engineers and fighter pilots post here so it's not a stretch that some dude from FAS.org or something posts here.

Attached: FAS_Logo.png (400x158, 12K)

Yeah, all of those people post, but none of them will leave careful breadcrumb trails to their identity and idk, 'ACCIDENTALLY' POST A PICTURE OF THEIR FUCKING WIFE ON FUCKING Jow Forums

Anyone who buys that shit is gullible as fuck. Also, the theory behind nukes is well known. People can and have come up with their own designs and posted them online.

If you've ever seen classified info get posted online, nobody comes back and goes 'lol I got vanned'. Thread gets nuked, people get a sentence, and if they aren't in the fun house they know they will be if they talk about the incident.

>and if they aren't in the fun house they know they will be if they talk about the incident.
then how come anons have talked about being v@nned before? The stories I saw were about CP back in 2010 which is even more shameful. You would think that at least one user would let us know.. it's common in drug circles that someone busted will warn others.. it's human nature.

Also if ANYTHING really important got posted people would talk about it and remember it. Has an oppenheimer thread ever got **nuked???**

And he may have been trying to get people to think he was doxxed just so people would stop emailing him or he got paranoid. Could be a glow but so what then??

You never lurked one of his threads, did you? His mantra was, he had read all of the available books on the subject and he was giving us a condensed version so we didn’t have to plough through the same books to get the answers we were looking for. He stated that at least once per thread. He also stated that he would not post anything that was not already publicly available. The third thing he stated at least once per thread was, his area of expertise is policy. He doesn’t know that much about the mechanics and physics of nukes, which he has stated countless times. What he does know is why nukes might be used, what might trigger a nuclear confrontation, what an exchange would most likely look like, and the political effects of using nukes. You would know this if you had ever browsed one of his threads.

>his area of expertise is policy

exactly that's why i wished he would respond

plz op rspnd, glow or not

I lurked all of his threads. You're just too newfag to remember how boring nuke threads were before OPpenheimer posted. They posted here to keep the nuke threads interesting and going. OPpenheimer is not one person.

>OPpenheimer is not one person.
evidence?

You realize there's a bunch of fed employees that post here right?

Sorry bud but he’s not responding

Like an email alert app, which is what he used?

Real doomsday shit coming through.

Attached: ComeOnAndSLAM.jpg (523x380, 20K)

Having a clearance does not protect one from doxxing.

Nobody cares. You aren’t getting the materials needed.

There has been more energy in the smallest of the 4 (since the Hadean Era mind you, that was a time of god like titanic impacts) major impactors than all of the combined energy of our entire nuclear capability.

>Madagascar

...how the fuck?

The Little Rocket that Could.

>our
statist spotted

Attached: bootlicker3.jpg (500x612, 38K)

The whole world numb fuck.

How do you dox someone on an anonymous image board? I know he used a trip but still

Fuck you doxxing faggots. Lmao... YEET

Attached: 3NxOc6w2NhIDNcvy_0znNJifU3PWxo52DD8oEfVbnNg.png (597x565, 269K)

If you think the FBI has that level of resources you're a legitimate schizophrenic.

Nice. Ad hom, deflection, and conspiracy theory all in 1 post.

im not a nigger

*doubts*

It’s not difficult. When he was establishing his bona fides, he included enough background info regarding former employers and education that some autist spent about 18 months painstakingly tracking him down. It happened again, about 6-8 months after the first time. Both times, the doxxing only confirmed that he was who he said he was.

Autism causes strange behavior when you have the internet as your playground. I once doxxed a guy who’d lost his dad in the Murtagh Building bombing, just off of a single post he made in a thread here. Didn’t do anything with the info, the poor bastard has already been shit on enough by life.

ITT: desperate bastards exposed by the based OPpenheimer.
I reckon that one faggot claiming to be the big fish and unable to put a name on a single B52 device.
Good times.

que?

Attached: wtf-question-mark-guy.jpg (800x800, 46K)

Side question. Just who is their King?

we wuz?

*shakes head*

youtu.be/slazi2PpYUo

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 62K)

Fuck whoever doxxed oppie

Attached: sketch-1563485428864.png (1440x1760, 1.24M)

>Murtagh Building
You mean Murrah?

Someone link threads where he posted please

Quick rundown on who Oppenheimer was and what happened?

Attached: drpavelimcia.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Why do you think north korea would want to destroy the entire world?
The idea of nuclear deterrent is that you can nuke aggressors. A full on doomsday device could only be used by a psychopath.

A doomsday device is impractical as a deterrent for the same reason that nukes themselves are impractical for normal warfare.

OP's been reading the works of Edward Teller, probably

The actual Oppenheimer was a commie, you ass. He had his security clearance revoked, and was on the FBI watchlist because of it. He had also been according to his own words "a member of just about every Communist Front organization on the West Coast".
Can you fucking trust a guy wearing his name?

Attached: J._R._Oppenheimer_Los_Alamos_ID.jpg (700x810, 46K)

based comrade oppenhe...
>west coast
wait, was he a dirty trot?
fuck, i bet he was dammit CIA stop ruining everything

>you could build an entire building out of fusion stages and spit the earth in to multiple pieces?
Summer can't fucking end soon enough

>tsar bomba was really just propaganda.

People still fall for the Tsar Bomba meme too

Also a doomsday device, once discovered, would be irresistible to preemptively take out if the NK/SK situation heated up

Seems like it would destabilize/escalate the conflict more than it would deescalate.

Fuck. Yes. Got my Lethal Weapon mixed up with my McVeigh.

He was a tripfag who was insanely knowledgeable about nuke policy. Iirc, he’d worked in both gov and private employment as a nuke policy wonk. He was working at a think tank during the time he posted here. He would start nuke threads and answer questions regarding likely nuke scenarios, etc. His threads were always interesting and informative. He was doxxed twice, which only confirmed that he was who he said he was. Then some mouthbreather started shitposting at his wife on her social media. That crossed a line, and drove Oppenheimer from this board.

I'm going to play around so much with this map toy.

Attached: Castle_Romeo_Runt_Device_001.jpg (640x474, 79K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 4.12.29 PM.png (1274x1328, 721K)

I was reading about the super high yield nukes and it's fucking hilarious. In the U.S., plans and work on these Gigaton bombs was never requested by the armed forces. It was ALWAYS proposed by the labs and it was ALWAYS shut down by presidents who were like "What the fuck? no."

It was actually to level Cheyenne Mountain, they wanted to make it clear to the US that no bunker was strong enough to keep them safe.
It's still propaganda but it did have a purpose, after much of both nations where leveled and all war fighting capability was lost a single bomber could carry Tsar to NORAD and finish off the US government.

Lack of funding is the only thing keeping humanity safe from scientists and engineers. Sure they do a lot of good but if you give them the job of killing people they get real creative in scary ways.

>Mr. President, joint chiefs of staff, it's an honor to be here. What I'd like to propose to you today is a 15 Gigato-
>NO.
>Okay, okay I get it...but what if we-
>NO goddammit.

Attached: star trek fucking humans.jpg (561x4197, 726K)

>people caught on
People here don't catch on to things, or we wouldn't have the same bait threads every day, filled with the same baited morons, frothing at the mouth.

>It was ALWAYS proposed by the labs and it was ALWAYS shut down by presidents who were like "What the fuck? no."

Teller was the original madman. That's why I love him.

Attached: Ivy_King_-_mushroom_cloud.jpg (1474x1180, 141K)

Low level air burst bombs that spreads chlorine triflouride.

Attached: oppy.gif (268x285, 1.81M)

Not that PRISM you retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(reactor)

Calm down, Teller.

Attached: Castle_Romeo.jpg (1174x1474, 220K)

Oppenheimer may have been a Commie but he was no spy for the Soviet Union. The Oppenheimer security hearing was utter bollocks; the US should have let his contract expire and let his security clearance be removed then.

Well...honestly Jow Forums, could we really build a Gig?

Yes. Packed into an Orion, it would set 2/3 of Russia on fire instantly.

A preemptive strike that could take out road-mobile TELs was one of the original justifications. It wouldn't get hardened silos, but the pure area coverage would make dispersing a second strike option impossible.

Attached: doomsday orion.png (1200x908, 244K)

And fuck the Earth in the process.

No. A salted bomb could, but an airbursted triple or quadruple stage thermonuke would have relatively low fallout.

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed, but if the USA wanted to go full Star Wars on the USSR it could have.

...still can.

this is the the scariest doomsday plan I know of.

Attached: 1557723403059.jpg (1280x1800, 1.74M)

nukes don't make tsunamis when detonated underwater, they make big farts of steam, and a shitton of irradiated sodium