Chamber some generic modern subgun in pic related and assault rifles become obselete overnight

Chamber some generic modern subgun in pic related and assault rifles become obselete overnight.

Attached: 250px-.224_BOZ_9mm_compared_to_10mm.jpg (250x298, 12K)

Well no.

Not really, champ.

>modern assault "rifles" are smg's

Attached: 79add6ef.jpg (1920x960, 198K)

OP's awful shitposting aside, can someone tell me a bit more about the .224 BOZ and VOB? I've always been really interested but there's practically zero info on them at all.

>can't penetrate barriers and walls with enough remaining energy to reliably penetrate target
micropeen isn't replacing anything

Check all the small ARs, AKs and the like. They are just about the size of your average subgun. How much smaller do you wanna go? What you posted here only makes sense in Micro Uzis, Oldschool Scropions and other real small subguns. Nobody uses them anymore because lol, VERY SMALL ASSAULT RIFLES exist.

We are there already
Someone just need to take the tech and do something with it
Imagine, assault rifle power in smg size and working casket mag

I'll do you one better.
>muskets are superior to assault rifles

It's a 50gr bullet at 2500fps from a 5" barrel. That's only about 100fps less than a 10" AR, which certainly don't lack for popularity.
.224 BOZ is a flat upgrade from those. All the power with less muzzle blast

Do we know if anyone has been killed by 22tcm? I think a 22 caliber round with this much speed would just go right through a man.

Attached: TCM_Series_Inset.jpg (600x600, 55K)

It hasn’t been used in fights as far as I know because it isn’t a popular round.

5.7x28 has killed people and it is a similar round.

22tcm has 400 foot pounds of energy while 5.7mm has 240. I don't know if that means anything though.

means that 5.7x28 is a pussy ass bitch shitty round

>champ

Cringe

>Cringe
Oof.

whether it goes through a man or not depends entirely on bullet design.

>oof
Yikes

>Yikes
Oh wow

Thank you for shitting up what could've been a good thread.

I love this place

>Oh wow
Don’t think so chief

.224 BOZ and .22 TCM make my iron the big iron.

I did a lot of research on the BOZ years ago. There's not much info out there because it's a proprietary design and the company who makes the guns/ammo only sells to LE and doesn't publish much.

It's a 10mm necked down, the whole purpose of it was to improve armor penetration. Basically the same idea as the 5.7 but made from a 10mm instead.

>Thank you for shitting up what could've been a good thread.
F

>I think a 22 caliber round with this much speed would just go right through a man
What? You know 5.56 is basically .22, right? And it’s 150% as fast if not more. What the fuck is this thread?

>what could have been a good thread
this thread is for noguns retards

250% faster

>SBRs/ fireball machines
Definitely. All the ballistics in a slightly smaller package without the fireball and EEEEEEE. Definitely a case of “what is old is new again”
>Proper Assault Rifles
No. A round like that will likely drop like a rock beyond 200m or so

Attached: 4DE94978-AFA1-4188-8354-D6BEFCA33EFC.jpg (800x550, 88K)

Oh, and to follow up:

I don't think it would be too hard to DIY something like this. It's easy to have custom loading dies and chamber reamers made.
>buy glawk 20
>buy .22 LR conversion glawk barrel
>ream out chamber
>neck down 10mm brass with your custom dies
>handload

you might have to play with the load or the recoil spring to get it to cycle correctly but it shouldn't be too hard.

>never heard of this round before
>50gr bullet at 2500fps from a 5" barrel
Jesus Christ... How big is the fireball on that thing?

You're right I actually forgit wahat was supposed to be the main point and thought it was just about info on the two calibers lol almost been up for 24hrs straight

It's small.

You only get "fireballs" when you shoot a round intended for a longer barrel in a short one. For example, take a normal .308 rifle. The round is designed to be fired from a full-length rifle barrel, so its powder was chosen for that length of burn and there's a pretty minimal flash. If you shorten the barrel (SBR) then all that powder which was supposed to burn in the end of the barrel burns in the air instead and you get a fireball. Same thing with a snubbie revolver compared to a full length one.

But in this case there's no huge fireball because the round is designed for that barrel length. It has a fast burning powder which is consumed before the barrel exits the muzzle so the fireball is like most "normal" guns.

It's not unburnt powder causing that, the powder is all burnt even if you use a deer hunting .308 round from an 8" bbl. The fireball and louder report is from the pressure at the muzzle. Longer barrels give that pressure more time to decrease because the overall force of the initial explosion in the chamber is contaoned in a progressively larger area as the bullet goes down the barrel. When the bullet "uncorks" that seal pops and you get a muzzle blast. This is why 5.56 ammo optimized for shorter barrels is somewhat quieter in SBRs vs M855 and why stuff like .357 SIG is so loud.

I have. It was quite painful. Would not recommend.

>the powder is all burnt even if you use a deer hunting .308 round from an 8" bbl
Hell no. You'd have a fuckton of unburnt powder.

> The fireball and louder report is from the pressure at the muzzle.
Report? Yes. Fireball? No.

Pressure causes the report. The higher the pressure the louder the report. Unburnt powder causes the fireball. If the powder is burnt then it doesn't matter how high the pressure is, there will be no fireball.

> Longer barrels give that pressure more time to decrease because the overall force of the initial explosion in the chamber is contaoned in a progressively larger area as the bullet goes down the barrel. When the bullet "uncorks" that seal pops and you get a muzzle blast. This is why 5.56 ammo optimized for shorter barrels is somewhat quieter in SBRs vs M855 and why stuff like .357 SIG is so loud.
That's 100% correct, but has nothing to do with fireballs, only reports.

Attached: 134EBB6C-88C1-40CA-A964-58FD905D285B.gif (450x190, 1.6M)

To illustrate, here's data from quickload showing .308 in an 8" barrel. Note that only a little more than half the powder is actually burnt inside the barrel. About 42% of the powder is unburnt when the bullet exits the muzzle. Some will become a fireball and some will fall to the ground unburnt.

Attached: unburnt powder.jpg (1921x1038, 564K)

Someone should just load 308 with pistol powder for SBRs

not him but can you show this for what a 20" barrel would like please? what is this program btw?

If you used pistol powder (which burns much faster) then you'd probably blow up the gun because the pressure would be too high. If you used pistol powder AND you used a smaller cartridge case then you could get rid of the fireball. In other words, you get something pretty similar to .300 blackout.

Sure, I can post it in a moment. Program is called Quickload.

Here it is with a 24" barrel. Everything else was left exactly the same. Note 99.2% of the powder is burnt with that long a barrel

Attached: 308_24.jpg (1802x1038, 547K)

Interesting. I have a Hog Hunter from Savage with a 20" barrel. I've always wondered how much performance I've lost compared to a 24' barrel like the one you have posted. I know they say the .308 is a very efficient cartridge so it can be fairly indifferent to barrel length.

Not him, but that's very interesting stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Can you plug in 18" real quick? Just curious for mine

my connection sucks balls, so it's a hassle for me to keep uploading pics, but it's easy for me to play with the software. Using that same load with a 20" barrel, the relevant numbers are:
Powder burn 98.44%
Muz vel: 2459 fps
Energy: 2416 ft-lb

.308 is pretty good out of short barrels, you're not giving up much with a 20 vs. 24. But 8 is just absurd! Also keep in mind that these numbers will change depending on what load you use. I picked one at random from my Hornady manual; you may see better or worse results with different powders. But this should be pretty good data, 4895 is a very common powder for rifle cartridges of this size--for handloaders, commercial ammo, and mil spec.

This
Thank you based quickload wizzard

Sure. I'll do a couple more too.
18"
93.86% burn, 2401 fps, 2304 ft-lb

16"
89.9% burn, 2333 fps, 2176 ft-lb

Sounds about right, I'm getting 2350ish fps out of china 7.62x51 from my 18" barrel

>chief
Slow down there chef

You the real mvp

Based and barrel length pilled.

"what is this program"
It is plainly visible you dumb nigger.

>Ream out chamber meant for 22lr to fit 10mm amounts of powder
DIY glocknade, now more reliable (as a grenade)

>Not calling SMG's PDW's in the 21st century

The chamber wouldn't be any thinner than that on a normal Glock barrel because the exterior dimensions are unchanged. If it makes you feel better you could sleeve a 10mm barrel, but that's more work.

And if you're still paranoid there's nothing stopping you from proof testing it yourself to verify safety.

>this thread
>good
Pick one faggot

I've finally figured out how to actually make modern assault rifles obsolete, not with OPs retarded idea of course. There was this wildcat round, called .357-44 bobcat, it had plastic rings placed over the brass neck so the outer dimensions were just like a .44 magnum. The reduced bolt thrust of a sabot round, minus the increased barrel volume for SBR performance, but without the impossible to solve accuracy, environmental and cost issues of sabots. Get a big handgun round, like .45 win mag minimum, neck it to .22-.24 cal, add plastic ring, and it's ready for use in an Uzi or Mini Uzi derivative. Shorter receiver saves a few inches but you'll still want a 20" bbl or so for performance approaching 5.56, so it's a bit longer than an M4. BUT, add an AUG style quick change barrel system and give every soldier a spare 5-10" barrel, for urban/room clearing stuff and as emergency spare in long fights. Oh and pressure below 40k psi allows aluminum cases.

I remember reading about rounds like that. IIRC there were more than just that one. I remember seeing an older Dan Wesson revolver that was set up like that, but I could swear the barrel bore was 30 cal and the cylinder was either .44 mag or 445 supermag. Perhaps it was a .357 barrel and I am mis-remembering, but I'm sure it was 30.

Two problems though:
1) you need to make damn sure the plastic piece stays in the brass so that it can eject clear of the gun. You don't want some little plastic ring jamming up your SMG
2) If the ammo is based on an existing case you need to be really damn careful because if someone sticks a normal round in there then it will go kaboom. Imagine loading a normal .44 magnum cartridge in a firearm whose barrel measures .357 and then pulling the trigger. Not good.

You could solve both those problems by changing the cartridge dimensions slightly. Make it so that the parent cartridge can't chamber in the gun, and put a big heavy crimp on the case mouth over the plastic ring, that way it can't fall out.

Anyone got a pic of that moonorbiter round?

>You could solve both those problems by changing the cartridge dimensions slightly. Make it so that the parent cartridge can't chamber in the gun, and put a big heavy crimp on the case mouth over the plastic ring, that way it can't fall out.
That's what I was thinking. Pretty sure the bobcat just had the ring snap onto the neck, friction fit, that wouldn't fly in an automatic. The case dimensions wouldn't be too big a concern I think just cause you'd be using an obscure hand cannon round to start anyways.

Hold the phone cowboy, let me just slide a quick yeesh on your post there.

Wait a min... if you were killed... and you just made a post... that must mean you're a... a g-g-g-ghost!

>Nigger math

>.22 Turner Classic Movies

close

Attached: 15-skeleton-png-image.png (500x800, 61K)